Aw man! how cheap!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
Okay, so I was at the mall before and they had a small video shop thing to buy videos. So I looked around and they had the whole 'Dead' trilogy. I picked up Night of the Living Dead, hoping it would be the remake because the front cover was in colour.
But when I got home and put it on, it was the black and white 1968 version! furious

I prefer the remake over the orginal.

MornGlory
BlackCat - I think you are a cool person and all on this forum....but....

but how many of these threads are you going to make about Return of the living dead or night of the living dead...???

anyways that sucks when you buy a movie and you think it is one thing and you get home and it is something sucky

SlipknoT
I like the both of them

Mane
No way man, b&w kicks ass!! It shows the authenticity of it. And it makes the movie more gritty and real because you can't see all the makeup flaws.

Cinemaddiction
I need Savini's version on DVD, too. Romero's original is tops though. I own the latest release which has both the B/W & Colorized versions.

The colorized version is fun to see, but you'd be surprised how much of the atmosphere is sucked out, after having seen the B/W 100 times before.

SlipknoT
Havent they released Night of the Living Dead b/w on DVD about 30 times

BlackC@t
Yeah, they have.

But there's like the remake (far superior) then the black and white version, the coloured version, the b/w and coloured version.

Mornglory: I know how that feels. I came very close to buying 'House of the Dead' but instead I hired it out and I'm glad I did that first because the movie was a piece of shit.

BlackC@t
Mornglory: Actually 'Night' and 'Return' are nor sequels, nor prequels of one another, they are not in a series smart

Wolfie
Sorry to hear about that. Check the copyright date on the back next time. wink

BlackC@t
Of course! doh

zombieman
I've got the remake on DVD, there is a good documentry on there, a comparison between original and remake.

eggmayo
I like the remake more, but I did the exact same thing.

slayer
Sorry 2 hear tht Blac@t.

I hate it wen tht happens!!

And yes u are cool stick out tongue

Evil Dead
The original is great..........but I must admit that I too enjoy Savini's remake more.

BlackC@t
Yeah, it's just more modern and gruesome. Also the female lead, instead of being a wimp she becomes a zombie ass-kicking 'Ripley from Alien' kind of character.

Mane
Ripley is so awesome. I'd like to see her vs Dutch (from Predator). But Ahnold Ahlways Wins! Yeah ok that was incredibly queer. confused

Evil Dead
agreed on the queerness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.