External Hardrive Problem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Unholy_Cheese
I have installed a game on my maxtor external hardrive and when i put in the expansion for it, the computer dosn't reconise it. It says "You need to install blah blah first before you can install this". Why cant i install the expansion to the external hardrive?

yerssot
the pc needs to know that the external harddrive is a harddrive ... so you gotta install something on it so it will recognise it as that

Reborn Again
If your computer is set up properly it should recongise a new device and then ask for the software to install it. If it's an external device (like a HD), then it should vary the same way. Otherwise, ask Mircosoft. They have a computer help dept.

Raz
Could you post exactly what Windows is saying?

i.e. what is "blah blah"?

dave123
screen shot eek!

Unholy_Cheese
"Blah Blah" = "Warcraft 3". Sorry that was a little brief i meant the original game. The installation window says "Please install warcraft 3 before installing Frozen Throne"
I have already installed wc3 on the External hardrive and now i just have to make my PC reconise th expansion.

yerssot
you need to install the game and the expension on the same HD

Raz
Do a re-install of the game onto the external drive, but don't plug it out, and then do the install of the other game.

Unholy_Cheese
Tried that. Something is obviously wrong with my PC now. I try to install something and it just says "not responding" and freezes up.

yerssot
you install something on the HD of your pc or on the external HD?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.