Why oh Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silver_tears
Why do people use God as an excuse for their own stupidity and faults?

I mean seriously why do some people go around spouting "God would not like this, and God disapproves, and in God's eyes this is wrong..."?
Do you personally know God or his will?
If not than who are we to decide what God wants?

The stupidest comment I ever read.....

In reply to a question....
"Why is Halloween considered a satanic holiday?"
Response....
"Because it's against God's wishes..." no expression

Save us the trouble and kill yourself before you inflict more harm on our society please.

Clovie
*kills*

silver_tears
That's one down stick out tongue

§pearhead
People use religion as a bullshit excuse for their own greed/ambition so they avoid all the blame. I mean, who takes responsability for what they do nowadays? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Granted, it's not right, but what is these days?

silver_tears
This is what bothers me most miffed

This is why so many people renounce religion and such, because of the stupidity and ignorance of others around them who lay the blaim on religion for their own stupid acts mad

Jedi Priestess
why oh why are we subjected to yet another thread about religion stick out tongue wink

silver_tears
It's not actually about religion embarrasment
It's about people placing the blame on someone other than themselves stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
Oh well then you are talking about 70% of the general population yes? laughing out loud

silver_tears
More or less stick out tongue
But it's more on those people who think that it's alright to condone certain acts and then say it was all God's will erm

Jedi Priestess
That's like saying the evil face made me do it ! eek!

BackFire
Because they're stupid, this answer is obvious.

Basically, they feel a certain way, so to them that means god MUST feel the same way. They use is as a way of backing up their claims when they have nothing valid to back it up. "Why do you believe this?" "Because the bible said so" - Instant idiocy.

Yes, this person is blatantly stupid and needs to be thrown in front of a diesel truck as soon as possible.

See above comment.

silver_tears
What you mean the one on your shoulder? ninja

§pearhead
more like, "daddy made me do it" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jedi Priestess
Spearbabe you are a sick puppy, do you know that? laughing out loud

§pearhead
yea...I get it from hanging out here stick out tongue

FeceMan
Who says that? Certainly not I.

Well, since the individual believes in God and probably reads the Bible, he or she can safely say what God does and does not condone (in general).

silver_tears
How absolutely wrong that statement is....
I believe in God, I've read the bible, I make my own decisions.

The bible is a guideline for life.

This bring us back to the homosexuality issue..
"Why is homosexuality wrong?"
"It's against God's wishes...." no expression

However does it not say in the bible to love they neighbour, so how can you judge a person who choose to be a homosexual, when you freely say you are all for God's wishes?

§pearhead
BF touched upon that, Irene: because people are stupid

FeceMan
Who is condemning homosexuals? Having a homosexual relationship is wrong, but that doesn't mean one must dislike a person based on his or her sexual orientation.

See the "Homosexuality: Chosen or Genetic?" thread.

baracustastic
religion gives people an excuse........

silver_tears
Why is it wrong? You can't just make such statements seem as facts...
What is your take? Chosen or genetic?

If you say chosen my original statement stands, if you say genetic, then the person had nothing to do with their sexuality and their acts still shouldn't be condemned.

§pearhead
well summed up smile

FeceMan
I say it is genetic, but this is not the place to discuss it.

silver_tears
My above statement stands then. You have no right to use religion as an excuse for your own views.

FeceMan
But I do. I am a Christian. My morals come from the Bible. Therefore, I can use religion as "an excuse" for my views.

§pearhead
By saying that, you've proved her point true. Some of your morals come from the bible, but the rest come from elsewhere. You can't accept those who are gay, and seeking for reassurance from elsewhere, you say that your religion condones it...even though it doesn't.

hh?
depends on the issue.

FeceMan
OK, who the hell said ANYTHING about not accepting homosexuals? I accept them. I believe having a homosexual relationship is wrong. I seek no reassurances, and, if I so desired, I could check the Bible and find out that God doesn't condone homosexuality, either.

silver_tears
As am I...
My morals are a mixture of all that around me, I say again, the bible is a guideline, using the example of homosexuality again, no where in the ten commandmnets does it say "thou shalt no be gay"

Then again I don't know what bible you've been reading.

§pearhead
sorry about that...I jumped to a conclusion there erm

hh?
bible does denounce homosexuality

its something 28 verse 3... ill find it soon.

silver_tears
I assume you mean the example of Sodom and Gomorrah?

FeceMan
In the Bible homosexuality is referred to as a sin. And not the Satanic Bible or something like that.

silver_tears
Please do big grin

FeceMan
Why don't I just copy-paste something from the "Homosexuality" thread?

That's the post.

silver_tears
Please forgive me, I grew up with the belief that if you disobeyed the ten commandments you would be sinning, last I checked homosexuality was not mentioned happy

hh?
just understand God denounces homosexuality

but never states that its "immoral", wrong etc etc

does not state that homosexuals will "burn in hell" "ethernal damnation" or anything like that

give me a moment and ill find it irene wink

hh?
here's one, but i think there are a few more

Deuteronomy 23:17 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.

FeceMan
Check my above post for more.

silver_tears
Leviticus you say, well I thought that back when the Israelite race was just beginning to blossom, one of the most important things was reproduction so that they would have people to continue the race and to populate the tribes of Israel.

That is the only thing that I could see with why homosexuality would be frowned upon, because there is no desire to create life, in the church's eyes the ultimate goal of having sex between married couples.

hh?
israelite race? we are all human

if we were all homosexuals...then wont life end? whats the point of being homosexual if u cant create life?

FeceMan
Read the verse from Romans.

silver_tears
You know what I mean embarrasment
The Israelite population at the time is a better way to put it...

hh?
ok wink

silver_tears
But you see by worshipping false idols and not God, they were breaking a commandment, so I can see that as a valid sin....

hh?
i dont hate homosexuals... i just think what they doing is immoral

hate the sin, not the sinner

silver_tears
I personally harbor no bad feelings towards them.
They are all people just like us. The most important commandment God ever gave us was to love thy neighbour. By condemning them all your values of religion and such lose all their value, since you yourself are sinning.

Again, religion should not be used as an excuse for one's own views.

hh?
as i said before

hate the sin, but not the sinner

i dont hate homosexuals...i just dont think what they are doing is "right"

silver_tears
Who defines what is right?

hh?
i do, but im not gonna go kill the homosexuals. maybe you believe something like...ummmm...blue smilies are the demons...im not gonna stop you from beliving that...as long as you dont start killing hte blue smilies...

stick out tongue

hitler believe that jews had to be destroyed

thats an extreme...and a good thing we killed that ***** thumb up

Jackie Malfoy
Sometimes it is needed and not an excuse but sometimes it is.But saying that whole thing about haloween is just plain stupid.Next they will say that Christmas is a evil hoilday.
When it is actly a holy one.JM

hh?
do u even know when christmas is??

§pearhead
JM; please give an example of when religion wasn't an excuse, but instead a valid reason?

silver_tears
Yes, but you see Hitler thought what he was doing was right wink
People don't have the ability to decide...

silver_tears
What you mean real christmas?
Or the Coca Cola version?

misha
irene i dont believe in god. but one thing i do beleive in is that peoples shouldnt "challenge" others beliefs erm
they should be able to believe what they want to believe because most of the times it makes their life happier erm

baracustastic
My theory is that Mary was playing away from home, she wasn't that clever, but cleverer than Joseph, so she told him God made her pregnant. Then some drunken rich men gave gifts to the poor couple they think are looking after their horses.

To keep the charade Mary raises Jesus to believe he is the son of God. Not surprisingly idiots join him. The brightest of which, Judas, realises he's just mentally messed up. Tells the Romans. Game over. Except enough idiots believed him for it to catch on.

So we get what we have today, one flucked up world.

You know it makes sense.

§pearhead
*bites lip* that was low laughing out loud

hh?
laughing

Jackie Malfoy
Yea imature and low.But hey I am use to it.Anyway what I meant was that there are some people saying that christmas is a pagon hoilday which does not make sence because christmas is when baby jesus was born.
Acouse saying that is againt my relion being that I am jewish and don't believe that this really happen.That is all I am saying.JM

silver_tears
That's just it though, I'm not condemning other people's religions, I'm jsut saying as a catholic person, I really dislike this reputation we have now amongst people.

hh?
the ****?

hh?
agree thumb up

hh?
jesus wasn't born on Dec 25...

its actually January 6

silver_tears
It was a valid question yes

And for your information you are wrong yes
Christmas was loosely based on a Roman pagan festival. yes
The one with presents and such anyways....

baracustastic
Christmas was a pagan holiday. Missionarys cleverly told the pagans that this was when Christ was born and gradually the pagan holiday became Christmas.

hh?
people do have the ability to decide...politics

i think im gonna "decide" to cut irene up in 31 pieces

does anyone agree?

democracy right? stick out tongue

hh?
how come no one read my thread in the philosophy forum called "Zend Avesta"

someone needs to find it first stick out tongue

really interesting if u have time.

misha
and what reputation is that? messed
that you guys beleive everything depends on god?
because i sure dont thing that!

Jackie Malfoy
So if that is true then why does most people celebrate the coming of the baby jesus?There must be something that you are skiping out.Because that does not make any sence to me.JM

silver_tears
Wrong, the then Christians in the Roman provinces celebrated the birth of Christ during the Saturnia festival held each year in December to honour the Roman god Saturn because Christianity at the time was outlawed, and they had to do it in secret, so they used the Roman feast day to celebrate Christ's birthday.

And HH is right, Christ was born in January, the festival fell on the 25th of December.

baracustastic
hh:

I'm just playing

I keep thinking how funny it would be if the missing page of the bible was found. You know, the page that says "This is a work of fiction, any similarities between characters in this work and actual persons is purely coincidental..............."

hh?
because of the calender change (not sure exactly on the info)

but January 6 is when we, Armenians, believe is Christs birthday.

Jackie Malfoy
So are you saying that because Christmas is supose to be a pagan hoiliday then why did they make that day the birthday of christ when it was it?
And please stop saying wrong I know aready ok?Thanks!JM

hh?
laughing out loud no expression

hh?
please use the quote option cuz i dont know who you are talking to.

baracustastic
The world would be a better place without religion. IMO.

But then, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has them, and they all stink

misha
they only do that though because thats what they beleive happens messed i agree its not very .... logical - i mean i always blame myself when ive done something wrong stick out tongue it shows that noone is perfect!
but really, some people who dont beleive in god or anything think its stupid that people beleive we came from adam and eve; that people believe things happen for a reason; that people believe that when we die we go to heaven erm

its all in beliefs

§pearhead
I used to agree with that...but I'm fairly certain now that people would just find other excuses to make their so-called "crusades" right

hh?
adam and eve was just a story with a moral message.

i think its called an allegory? i might be wrong

silver_tears
No, Saturnia was a pagan holiday, Christmas is a Christian holiday, meaning the birth of Christ. So therefore christmas is just that, I'm saying it fell on the day that a pagan festival was celebrated so that is why some people believe it has Pagan origins.

Also it is to do with the calendar change from the Julian to the Gregorian.

hh?
thumb up correct

also i've read Saturn was the homosexual god born on Dec 25 but im not sure on that fact...ill check again.

misha
but some people actually believe that we come from adam and eve erm

hh?
whats wrong with that? some people belive that all males represent adam and all females represent eve...

people believe in a million different things

Jackie Malfoy
Some relions does and that is fine.If they want to believe that.I don't believe everything in the bible but I do find it interesting.Learning about different relion.
I am a non prating jew but I look up some jewish stuff too.All interesting never the less.Well goodnigiht.JM

§pearhead
jm...who on earth are you talking to?

misha
laughing out loud

hh?
laughing out loud

misha
i NEVER said there was something wrong with it!
i have never said there was anything wrong with peoples beliefs. you ask jeremy, we were just talking about what we believed in and i said nothing at all to make what he believed in sound stupid or anything!
i respect peoples beliefs.
i was merely just saying that some people believe that. messed

Jackie Malfoy
I am talking to myself acouse.JK I am actly talking to Misha about Adam and eve.I do talk to myself alot however.JM

hh?
laughing

noooo, i never said YOU said there is something wrong with it

i just asked the question to whoever else was reading my post

stick out tongue

hh?
no expression

§pearhead
you're in luck, it doesn't show...all that much, anyways

misha
ah i see embarrasment

JM, same thing i said to hh erm
i never said there was anything wrong with it cool

Jackie Malfoy
Ok that is good.See you tomorrow.JM

misha
waveyconfused

§pearhead
g'night messed

hh?
good night no expression

Afro Cheese
I heard a hip hop song once that talked about how Christmas used to be a homosexual holiday or something. I can't remember what it was though.. all the shit on my computer got deleted.

hh?
Ras Kass "Nature of Threat"

classic!!!!!!!!!

if u need it tell me and ill get you a link

also, the lyrics on that song are mostly false...but there is a point to that.

Afro Cheese
Thanks.. I can probably get it as long as I know the name.

hh?
alright

FeceMan
God isn't a fan of sin. Sexual impurity is a form of sin. Homosexuality is a form of sexual impurity, according to this verse. Therefore, homosexual intercourse is a sin.

frodo34x
Its not Christianity, God or the Bible which puts peoplem of Christianity. It the Christians themselves.

eleveninches
It's even more annoying when they attribute every good thing to god. Its almost as though no man can do anything good for anybody else without god being involved

Line
I think it was the other way around here: people were celebrating the shortest day of the year, lighting candles, singing, worshipping elf-like creatures. because they didn't want to stop, jesus birthday was force fed to them on this day. "see! they're celebrating! hurraay, we converted them!" wink

yerssot
Line is right, any course that features early Middle Ages will go into depth about how the christian religion changed to adapt it... the word we used for it is roughly translated into "inculturation" (but it's not an english word)

I even ran across it in Worldliterature where it is demonstrated by books.

FeceMan
Really? I mean, we could have the Germans commit suicide--they've caused a bit of trouble. Yeah! We should smack the Russians down, as well, what with the Stalin and the psychotic former rulers... And Britain. They were imposing religion way back when. Let's kill 'em good! Yee-haw!!! Plow those conservatives--I think they use God a lot...always standing in the way of progress. THEY ARE CAUSING PROBLEMS AND NEED TO DIE! Those liberals try to blame everything on society, which is kind of like blaming it on God. KILL THE LIBS! CUT THEIR THROATS! SPILL THEIR BLOOD! w00t! Make sure to get a few bystanders, too, as they weren't participating and probably were against killing people. LOLZ!!!1111!!!!!111 OMG TAHT WULD BE TEH BEST EVaR!!!1111!!!!!!!!

/inappropriate venting off

How dare you pass judgment onto people. How dare you be so arrogant that you would think that you know who deserves to die. How dare you think that you deserve the right to live more than those about whom you posted.

You know, I used to be like you--anybody who I though was wrong needed to die. Be it suicide or used as target practice, they needed to die somehow.

And then I grew up. (Yes, the above text may make it seem otherwise, but I did.) I realized that I had no right to judge others. They were entitled to their opinions, no matter how wrong or inappropriate they seemed. Even Hitler had the right to live. Would you be the one to dole out justice? Would you be the one who chooses who deserves life and who deserves death? Would you?

Those people of whom you speak put aside what the world says and go against convention because of their beliefs. You would wish death upon them for that? If that is all it takes for one to deserve death, then perhaps we should ALL blow our brains out.

finti
comming from one who have a shit list in his sig(now altered from people who suck to People for whom I hold no respect) I dont know if I can take this posting of yours serious at all

FeceMan
Great. Good for you. I don't have to justify or explain myself to you. I don't give a damn if you don't take me seriously.

You are comparing my list to an individual who is telling people to commit suicide. Give me a break.

Dwarfdude
Just to clear up that entire thing with the pagan holiday, true it was Saturnia, but most of the "rituals", persay, during Christmas are due to the Celts/Picts and all the northern British Isles tribes celebrationof the Winter Solstice, with is only a few days before Christmas. The Christmas tree, the decorations, ect. Christmas, when you look at it, is really a mashing of lots of holidays, Roman's Saturnia, Celts Winter Solstices, and Dutch's Saint Nikolas Day, and some made up stuff.

As for us Christians using God as a reason for everything, I know, it annoys me as well.

FeceMan
Lol.

finti
it was you who asked someone how they dare to pass judgment onto people, yet you have a list in your sig actually did pass judgment before you obviously was told to alter it.
By your post there is no doubt you have a lot of intelligent and well written replies, I just dont understand why you have to have that list of yours displayed publicly

yerssot
last time I checked, this was celebrated on the fifth and sixth of December.

FeceMan
The reason I displayed it is because there were a ton of n00bs running around the Comic Book Movies forum and spamming crap everywhere. They'd just make pointless posts about blueberry pie, say that some people were dumb****s, spam threads that were completely stupid and that cluttered up the forums, etc. After awhile I just got used to putting people on the list 'cause, well, they deserved it.

I believe the Carnage009 had a siggy that said, "feceman is gay!" while Venom05 flooded every post he could find with stuff about how AC was a retard. chrissyg...she's a complete moron, as is Asian Hulk (although he probably is screwing around when he's posting), and Jackie...well, I just don't like Jackie.

And yes, lil bitchiness requested because SOMEONE (Jackie Malfoy, more likely that not) complained about it.

Hmm...I believe one of the fellows on there was banned for posting pornography. And I know that Ghetto Goblin got into an arguement with me about something and he kept sending me PMs about me being a lard ass and a moron smile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.