King Kong (2005)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
"Lord of the Rings" director Peter Jackson has already turned his attention to his next classic novel adaptation -- he's reportedly making a 21st century version of "King Kong."

The moviemaker, who hails from New Zealand, is expected to begin work on the Universal Pictures film after the release of "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" in December.

The movie is scheduled for a 2005 release, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Pretty kewl dont you think?
Im sure its going to be way better than that other crappy 80s remake where King Kong climbed the World Trade Center.
Good thing The Empire State Building is still standing wink

Augeybana
I don't know if making another 20 stories monster is a good idea like what happened to Godzilla(the one with Matthew Broderick)I like the old japanese Godzilla

ToMacco
Okay, how many times have they made King Kong?

No one cares anymore, Jackson. Do something else.

BackFire349
sounds interesting, ill see it for sure.

Mujaffa
that was something he'd planed for some years ago, but the re-make of godzilla and mighty joe young was coming..therefore he wait

mah
king kong by peter jackson..sounds pretty freaking awesome to me. if anyone can do it good, it's him

Thomas H
This has potential.....

Catch 22
Rather ironic that Universal make this announcement so soon after closing down KONGFRONTATION at their Orlando themepark.

Tex
You really keep tabs on all the theme park news dont you?
The movie will be shot in New Zealand, budget at $110M and expected to release summer 2005smile

Captain REX
I think PJ's going to shoot a majority of his films in New Zealand.

I just read about this on TheOneRing.net. We've seen his directing skills with bringing old things to life, so let's hope for the best.

pylgrym
THE EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD!
This is gona be fantastic! Come one and all to my Yahoo discussion group: jacksonskong at yahoogroups dot com!
Or talk it up here!

Dexx
this is not only wrong placed but it's spamming

pylgrym
I am new;
I didn't know.
Please, ask the administrator to
delete the Post.
Thanks!

Corran
I think it should just be moved to the movie discussions.

Fitch
now now,boys don't kill the new member.The post,as Corran said,should just be moved...

pylgrym
. . .folk:
... dillydallying on break in Atlanta at the Georgia Institute of Technology, where I should have own better.
Is it possible for the moderator to move the post, or shall it be deleted?
Meanwhile, i shall onward to the Discussion Crner to try and catch
KONG THERE! embarrasment embarrasment

pylgrym
I have been a KONG fan since catching it on TV as a tyke of ten.
Actually had a print in my dorm room in college and a 16mm projector;
watched it over and over into a stupor that one long weekend. ...
Caught the BIG SCREEN version with restored footage several times, including a memorable midnight showing at the Playboy Theater in Chicago . . . .
All in all I am sure I have seen it at least twenty times.
I have NOT seen the remakes from the Seventies (Dino DiLaurentis: "I'm a 'lika Konga!"wink
The script by Peter and Fran is actually on the web.
I have been Googling:
try
"Fay Wray Peter Jackson";
"Jackson Walsh Kong Script"; etc . . .
Of course, the original is on most "Best Films of the Twentieth Century" lists . . .

pylgrym
To the original first post on the subject by
T E X
and will be pouring
all my love and devotion
into his forum subsequently.
:={
"O TARA VEY - RAMA KONG!!"

Captain REX
You must be a fan of Kong then.

Pardon my asking, but what's Fay Wray?

Captain REX
Hmm...

All I can say right now is hello! smile

BackFire349
gotta love a big ape.

ToMacco
Rexie, I think Fay Wray was the original star or director of the very first King Kong film.

The first one was really good, and unless they remake the original script, I doubt it will live up to par.

Did you hear they are going to remake Footlose? I don't understand why these directors can't leave the classics alone. In fifty years, is someone going to remake Star Wars? It just doesn't work for me, I don't like it one bit.

crickey77
i have complete faith that Peter Jackson will make Kong a great movie. after lotr, the man could film his family's christmas dinner and i'd show up to watch it.

Dejio
LOL! laughing I would do so too. Wonder what kind of special effects WETA would do at PJ's Christmas dinner? Alas! A walking, talking Christmas tree! ARGH! eek!

BOPRecruit 16
a king kong movie? oh boy. is it going to look fake like the hulk? from the old ones,the story needs beefing up.

pylgrym
AND MOVED IT IS!
THANKS YOU,
O SOVEREIGN ONES!

Kiwifrodo
I thought King Kong climbed the Empire State Building, not the World Trade Centre.

finti
he climbed both depends on the version 1933 Empire, 1976 Twin towers

Kiwifrodo
Okay, thanks for that. I haven't seen either version.

pylgrym
At Wonderfest in Louisville this year I shook (both!) hands of the guy who saw "King Kong" (1933) 90 times and became the effects guy behind "Mighty Joe Young", "ason and the Argonauts" , "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad" and other classics: Ray Harryhausen! Ray was Peter Jackson's guest for 11 days in NZ and toured WETA, etc.... he told an appreciative crowd at WONDERFEST that he looks forward to the remake as well, since Peter's making it true to the original. The first script draft is out there on the web. I found it at ABOYD dot com.
Ray told us that if he'd seen the 1976 "KONG" first, he'd have become a plumber!
pEEgEE

KidRock
King Kong sucks.

diegocala
That would be a hell of a BJ!

Tex
Wouldn't it be cool if at the end of the movie King Kong falls off of the Empire State Building - lives but is tried and sentenced as a terrorist?

Great sequel potential!

raymond32j
King Kong Is Fake

estalter
Someone gave me a copy of the script and it is amazing, it's also online if you look deep enough. It's not a 20 story ape. It actually a silver back gorilla. And it somewhere in the 35 -40 foot range. I even saw the early sculpture, with him fighting 3 allosaurus'. The log scene with the giant bugs in the crevice that was cut from the original has been reinstated. It was awesome. I am looking forward tot his flick only second to Return of the King.

ahaetrkarykl
hmm im surprised jackson is gonna remake it. i have mixed thoughts........could be good

jedi-ps
anyone got anu info on contacting peter jackson

jedi-ps
jackson is the only person that can do this film properly.the sript is ace ,close to the original but enoughe changes to make it work for a modern audience.why they go to kong island,wwhy the island has not been discovered,and the script even has a micky take of jurasic park.carl denam says to sailers after seeing first dinosaurs on the island "look boys these things are suppossed to be exstinc why don't we invite people here after we turn it into some kind of theame park we'll all be millionaires boys i'll share it with all of you"this line is also a refrence to the beach scene in the original."kong the eigth wonder of the world up in lights on broadway well be millionaires i'll share it with you all boys" starts filming 2004 in newzealand set in 1930's should be some great affects as long as jackson realises that kong is not any ordinary silver back but a monster version of one .

jasminerain
confused What do you think about Peter making King Kong?
Will it be as good as LOTR or will it just be good?

Kitoky
I think I'd go see it, I used to be a huge fan of King Kong, c'mon 12 year old boy dreaming about climbing up an empire state building snapping at airplanes. Or is that another movie?

OOOOO migraine.......

shadowy_blue
PJ himself said that his whole purpose of remaking King Kong is not to compete with or surpass the LOTR movies (and that's just simply too difficult to do) but to simply remake a great movie that will provide entertainment for the audience, but at the same time, keeping the essence of the first version. smile

Discos
he says he has been wanting to this project for a while now, I will go along to see it, I much enjoy watching other films/cartoons/programmes taking the piss of people climbing the empire state building but aint actually seen the original

cgtuna21
it will b another huge hit in box office. peter said he wants 2 have some of the lotr cast back to star in the movie.... that would b cool

Discos
it certainly would, Treebeard as King Kong!

a good percentage of the audience will go see this due to it being Peter jacksons work!

Ushgarak
Moved

Kes
Poor guy (Pater Jackson), what ever he does from now on will be compared to LOTR. Even when it has absolutely nothing to do or similar to it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Corlindel
Naa..I am still remembering PJ as Braindead Director. stick out tongue

Corlindel

BackFire
I think it will be interesting to see what he does. I'm sure it will be good to say the least.

Lord Soth
He's loved that story since he was a kid, and no movie studio wanted him to do it, but now they're allowing him to do it finally (and paying him $20 million, no less), mostly b/c of his success w/ LotR.

I've heard tell that he might be interested in doing The Hobbit after King Kong

BackFire
I've heard that too, and if Tolkien estates will allow him too, he's said he definately will do it.

Lord Soth
King Kong
Peter Jackson's first post-Lord of the Rings film project will be this big-budget remake of the 1933 film King Kong. The film's special effects will be handled by Weta Ltd., Jackson's company, which was founded to produce the effects in the Lord of the Rings films. As soon as his team is done with The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Jackson, Fran Walsh, and Philippa Boyens will start rewriting a treatment for the long-in-the-works film that they had drawn up in 1997. (Adventure/Remake/Science Fiction)

Starring: Naomi Watts, Andy Serkis (rumored), Ian McKellen (rumored)

Coming Dec 14, 2005

The One Himself
Another remake? I'm a bit tired of remakes and sequels! sad

Does he want more from tolkien books? Wasn't a trilogy enough? OMG please we need some fresh ideas ..

Lord Soth
Hollywood is definitely running out of ideas

amlap
i really like the idea of the hobbit story because that is by far the best of tolkien books...

as for peter jackson...what else has he done?

Kes
Corlindel> You are 1 of a kind wink

amlap> Producer
King Kong (2005) (pre-production) (producer)
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The (2003) (producer)
Long and Short of It, The (2003) (executive producer)
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002) (producer)
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001) (producer)
Frighteners, The (1996/I) (producer)
Forgotten Silver (1995) (executive producer)
Jack Brown Genius (1994) (producer)
Heavenly Creatures (1994) (co-producer)
... aka Heavenly Creatures: The Uncut Version (1994) (USA: longer version)
"Ship to Shore" (1993) TV Series (co-executive producer)
Valley of the Stereos (1992) (co-producer)
Meet the Feebles (1989) (producer)
Bad Taste (1987) (producer)

Kes
Director
King Kong (2005) (pre-production)
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The (2003)
... aka Return of the King, The (2003) (USA: short title)
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002)
... aka Two Towers, The (2002) (USA: short title)
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001)
... aka Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001) (USA: short title)
... aka Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: The Motion Picture, The (2001) (USA: promotional title)
Frighteners, The (1996/I)
... aka Frighteners (1997) (UK)
... aka Robert Zemeckis Presents: The Frighteners (1996) (USA: complete title)
Forgotten Silver (1995)
Heavenly Creatures (1994)
Braindead (1992)
... aka Dead Alive (1992)
Meet the Feebles (1989)
... aka Just the Feebles (1995) (USA)
Bad Taste (1987)
Valley, The (1976)

Kes
Writer
King Kong (2005) (pre-production) (screenplay)
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The (2003) (screenplay)
... aka Return of the King, The (2003) (USA: short title)
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002) (screenplay)
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001) (screenplay)
... aka Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: The Motion Picture, The (2001) (USA: promotional title)
Frighteners, The (1996/I) (written by)
Forgotten Silver (1995)
Jack Brown Genius (1994)
Heavenly Creatures (1994) (screenplay)
Braindead (1992) (screenplay)
Meet the Feebles (1989)
... aka Just the Feebles (1995) (USA)
Bad Taste (1987)

Kes
And finally Actor
Long and Short of It, The (2003) .... Bus Driver
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002) (uncredited) .... Rohirrim Warrior
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001) (uncredited) .... Albert Dreary
Frighteners, The (1996/I) (uncredited) .... Man with Piercings
Heavenly Creatures (1994) (uncredited) .... Bum outside theater
Braindead (1992) .... Undertaker's Assistant
Bad Taste (1987) .... Derek/Robert
Valley, The (1976)

Curious George
I'm so looking forward to seeing KING KONG I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amlap
wow the man has done more movies then i thought.

andyF1
i loved the frighteners.
King Kong the endings so sad crybaby

LeAtHerRFace
Directed by: Peter Jackson
Cast:
Jack Black
Naomi Watts

Release Date: 2005.

Aku
Now what the heck is up with that. Now hes finished LOTR hes thinking about doing bloody king cong? Like the original wasnt bad enough. Its gonna be like godzilla. I hated godzilla it was over-rated kinda like van helsing. But thats what its gonna be like. I'll still go and see it anyway.

Anyone heard about Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Looks well cool.

Happy Dance O YEAH Happy Dance

PurityKnight
yeah, I think it's gonna be pretty bad , too. I heard Andy the guy who "played" gollum gonna "play" king kong too. ( but that's not gonna make it better though)
the godzilla-thing didn't even look like godzilla. I think the original japanese godzilla ( some dude in a dinosaur-costume) was and is way better than that computer thing!

......you like that banana, don't ya...

ladygrim
how would jack black play i have something in mind but it would be mean to put it in black and white so people tell me if it is

pylgrym
Jackson, Walsh and Broyens all three are doing the script and doing it right. . . . .
Peter has even picked the starring AIRPLANE; a 1930 Curtis Helldiver!THE CAST?
Fay Wray, my beloved, leading lady gets played, and I DO mean played by Naomi Watts. I hope she can scream. And scream again. (BUT WAIT!! Plenty of MEN in the original scream too, as they die - horribly!)
Her impresario and manager, Carl Denham, originally played by Robert Armstrong, will be none other than JACK BLACK! He'll be fabulous getting chased by dinosaurs!
Her love interest MAY be cast - S T A Y T U N E D !!

Samas-adian
Cant Peter Jackson do anything orginal??

and Jack Black...oh god.

Kes
Her love interest will be played by Adrien Brody (won an Oscar for The pianist). Jack Driscoll is her love interest right?!blink

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0360717/

Colabee
I'm only looking forward to this remake because Jackson is doing it.

According to Empire magazine Naomi Watts has been chosen for the female lead. It says so on IMDB too. I just checked the link from Kes above.

Red Superfly
Aw, when I read the thread I was getting all hyped for "Michael Jackson vs King Kong"

Dammit. I'm not interested anymore.

I could see it all happening, Michael Jackson goes to the pet shop to buy a monkey play mate for Bubbles:

Shop owner: "Michael Jackson! Wow! what can I do for you sir?"

Jacko:"Ow! Hee hee! Sha'mone mudda fukka"

Shop owner: "............."

Jacko: "I want da monkay! Mon-kay! HEE HEE! Ow!"

Shop owner: "Here's a nice chimpanzee"

Jacko: "i'll take it, ow! I'll call you Tito, hee hee!"

*Michael Jackson picks up his new monkey, but seeing as he is a radioactive freak, he passes on his mutant abilities to the monkey and it grows to 50 feet tall*

Jacko: "Tito! Get down here or I'll spank yo' ass, hee hee!"

King Kong: "Tito smash!"

*King Kong picks up Martin Bashir and takes him to New York where he climbs the Empire State Building"

Jacko: "Ow! Bad Tito! I'll save you Martay! Hee hee! First I just gotta dangle my baby over a balconay"

*Jacko dangles his baby over a balcony, as people watch in disgust*

Aku
Hahahaha fair enough. I reckon Peter Jackson is a fraud, all hes doing is taking classic things, turning them into new movies and then is getting loads of credit for it. Sure LOTR was good but it was originally a story created by a good english author, not a stupid ass aussie/zelander.

But anyway, LOTR was good but i think king kong is gonna flop.

Congo is a wicked film until she gets that laser.

Red Superfly
Yeah, but Jackson did an AWESOME job of sifting through all the stuff from those books and making a trilogy of coherrant movies out of them.

It's a monumental effort just to READ the blasted things, but to pick them apart, using as much of the origginal quotes and storyline, without offending any fans, is incredibly tough.

If Jackson does take on King Kong, theres no doubt in my mind it would be nothing short of spectacular.

Doesn't the man need some rest though?

Kes
Turning LOTR into a movie was Jacksons dream. He was asked to do King Kong. They are paying him 20 mil to do it. If I'm not mistaken that is the highest payment ever for a director.

Red Superfly
Twenty................million....................

Just think about how many pizzas you could buy with twenty million dollars!

mook
just watched the original King Kong

was pretty good but i thought the empire state building bit wouldve gone on longer.

peter jackson's remake should be interesting

MildPossession
As long as he doesn't have Naomi Watts screaming for so long like Fay did in the original, I will be happy. smile

Yes, will be interesting to see what he can do with this.

bardock
if peter jackson is making it will suck

TheFilmProphet
Its going to be a CGI King Kong. I'm really getting tired of all this CGI in my oppinion its beginning to be an easy way out for filmmakers.

MildPossession
Oh I heard he was going back to using mostly stop motion like in the original, mixed with CGI.

TheFilmProphet
I want to see puppetry come back into film!! evil face

mook
know any other info?

Mortanius
I heard they were gonna try to play God and bioengineer a real King Kong. Did I hear wrong?

mook
i heard Jack Black is in it

Mr Zero
WRONG, they are making teeny tiny people and using a normal size monkey.

GCG
well i heard Andy Serkis will be this monkey

GCG
and the screenplay's 1st draft here

mamakat
Okay, so what's the word on Peter Jackson's new King Kong flick? I hope he's going to keep it in the 1930s and true to the original. The original is my all time favorite. If he handles it like Lord of the Rings it should be fantastic. I found a recent script called "A Monkey Tale", the true story of Kong, by Frank Mosco. It was fantastic. Is this the new one they're using? I loved the characters, especially the Chinese guy and the girl and you won't believe the ending. Just Google to find it.
Also, I've heard rumors about a new Goonies movie. Can anybody confirm? Also heard rumors about a new Indiana Jones. What's up?

ragesRemorse
Jackson has said that King Kong will be an adaptation from the original. He also said that the movie will focus greatly on Kongs emotion especially his sexuality. It is about time we get a decent director on this project with a decent budget to pull it off. I know Kong could be brought back into present popularity if done right

Indiana jones is going through another re-write. Everybody is still on board to do another, it is just waiting for a script everyone likes. Which could prove to be the demise of the entire idea. I havent heard anything about the goonies sequal in a long time. Last time i read anything about it, was nearly a year ago. It was in Cinescape. I even forget who was being interviewed. whoever it was said that they were defaintly going to do it, as long as they could get the original cast to return. So either their still having that problem or the vital cast members are busy. I remember the premise of the story was going to be around a new group of young goonies who get in trouble and the original goonies try and save them. dont know anymore though.

lil bitchiness
Merged. Please use the search option before making a thread.

dom'sbaby&luva
Peter Jackson did it 3 times Happy Dance -not like that! I mean 3 huge hits. roll eyes (sarcastic) Im certain PJ's new present-epic will be screaming greatness laughing I have no doubt that people will go crazy for it! eek!

Cinemaddiction
Well, I hate Jack Black. Naomi Watts, indifferent, really. Andy Serkis played a fantastic homosexual in "13 Going on 30", but Brody was aces in "The Pianist", so there you have it.

Kind of hard to project a favorite from a movie that has yet to be made, though.

thegreatrudini
how can u h8 jack black tut tut silly boy

Aku
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

The humping bananas Are comming for us. NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry about that. Jack Black all the way!!!

MornGlory
has this movie come out yet???

How am I suppose to know which actor I like the best if the movie hasnt come out yet.???

T.M
Ditto

bakerboy
Hot babe naomi, off course.

SlipknoT
It's probably going to be Jack Black. That guy is hilarious

botankus
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner in the worst KMC user name contest!!

Nevermind
lol!

SlipknoT
laughing

Aku
Peter Jackson is only good because he did a film about one of the most classic books ever written. And besides have you seen the stuff he did before he did LOTR, although it was really funny it was crap. LOTR would have been just as good had any directer had the right funding. (Except Quentin Tarintino coz he just screws up every movie).

DeVi| D0do
OMG!!! SON OF KONG!!! This is gonna rock sooo much!

http://img-nex.kongisking.net/kong/movies/day123-480x270-mpeg4.mov

http://www.kongisking.net/index.shtml

Myth
Well, I don't think I'll care for King Kong or its sequel... but the sequel is taking up money that was going to be used on Riddick 3 so hopefully that means no Riddick 3! WOO!

DeVi| D0do
You DO realise this is just an April Fool's joke right?!? wink

Myth
So there will be a Riddick 3 still? sad

Darth Odious
Maybe King Kong should have a giant lawn mower like in Jackson's Dead Alive. Or a weed wacker at least. The muppets from Meet the Feebles could crawl out of his ass and snipe any potentiol flankers. It would totally work! FOCK!ranting

Zilverz
Originally posted by Aku
Peter Jackson is only good because he did a film about one of the most classic books ever written. And besides have you seen the stuff he did before he did LOTR, although it was really funny it was crap. LOTR would have been just as good had any directer had the right funding. (Except Quentin Tarintino coz he just screws up every movie).

ummmm ????? Dead Alive ????? sorry but that movie is OUTSTANDING

belbel300
Come on, this movie is gonna be awesome. I mean look what P.J did with LOTR and its also cool cause hes got Andy Serkis doing the work again. Can't wait till it comes out!!

belbel300
Zilverze, I don't think that any director could have done the job that P.J did on Lotr for the single reason, they didn't have the vision of his and they didn't have the info e.g what New Zealand contains. There was no man better for the job, nor would the film have worked without Weta Workshops doing the CGI, they're the best IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!

Trippy
WOW! this sounds freakin awsome, for sure if any one can pull this off its gonna be pete, hes got skillz eek! laughing Happy Dance

Just wonder who Jack Black is gonna play, this should be prety nifty

GGgrievous725
my favorite actor is the guy who does kongs movement he was also the one who did Gollum in LOTR

bilb
Bump... whistle

hehehhee.. why do i seem to be one of the few who is actually excited about this movie?? That trailer looked awesome!

DeVi| D0do
Holy crap! This film is gonna rock!

King Kong: A Look Inside

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/4254/13bs.th.jpg http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/153/49lj1.th.jpg http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/2435/71ew.th.jpg http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/1949/89az.th.jpg http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/6747/139oc.th.jpg http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/5403/148sl.th.jpg

nick1811
OMG, i actually cannot wait until this movie comes out, the trailer at the cinema looks stunning.

Solo
It's going to be over three hours. The producers wanted to cut it down but Jackson showed them it and they thought it was a masterpiece.

Murray
Jack Black is supposedly amazing in this film, his best performance. Critics say this was very good acting on his part.

And I love Adrian and Naomi.

Mando
BUMP

Just saw yet ANOTHER King kong Trailer at the cine'

I think it looks absolutely stunning, especially at the end of the trailer when he whacks that Plane.

*Drools*

KillTheLight
yeah I saw the trailer when I went and saw goblet of fire..droolio..it looks really good..hope it's not a let down

Mando
Originally posted by KillTheLight
..it looks really good..hope it's not a let down

Hope it's not a let down? This is Peter Jackson we are talking about here. saying "I hope it's not a let down" is like going to a bulls game and saying "I hope Michael Jordan slam dunks the ball". It's inevitable, Kong will be great.

KillTheLight
true

FistOfThe North
the movies' video-game did come out first..

Barker
Is King Kong Based Off A Movie? Didn't Think So. wink

Mando
Originally posted by Barker

laughing out loud

I think what you mean is, the Film "King kong" is not based on a videogame.

Solo
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
the movies' video-game did come out first..

Actually the 1933 classic film came out first.

This is my most anticipated film at the moment.

Barker
Originally posted by Mando
laughing out loud

I think what you mean is, the Film "King kong" is not based on a videogame.
That's Exactly What I Meant. embarrasment

Mando
That's Exactly What I Meant. embarrasment

I know smile

I just think this sounds kind of silly.

Ultimate Hulk43
I'm hyped for it.CGI Kong is going to KICK ASS!! big grin

Barker
I just think this sounds kind of silly.
Shoot, Just Realized It, Meant To Type Based Off a Game. bag

Mando
Shoot, Just Realized It, Meant To Type Based Off a Game. bag

laughing out loud

Barker
The Whole Time I'm Thinking: What The Hell is Going On? And Yet, I Was Wrong. no expression

Awkward.

b-dan
ya theres a thread on this i think im not sure and it should be in sci-fi not video games

Mando
Originally posted by b-dan
ya theres a thread on this i think im not sure and it should be in sci-fi not video games

movie

video game

I reported this thread a while back and no response.

hotsauce6548
I can't wait. droolio

CGI looks awesome...

ragesRemorse
every Monster movie where the monster is gigantic blows. Excluding Ghostbusters. With this in mind i am anticipating this film to do well so we can see other good film directors to maybe be encouraged to take the helm of other giant monster movies. I fear however, if kong does well we will see another american made godzilla movie. sad jap godzilla movies are bad enough

Mando
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
every Monster movie where the monster is gigantic blows.

Tisk Tisk.

You have to put into perspective that the original King Kong was made in 1933. at that time, the movie was absolutley amazing. It was nothing they have ever seen before. It's very cheesy now that we look at it, but then it was the best of the best. For example. if we watch it now for the first time, we will think it isn't anything special, because we put it into comparison with the other great films of this time. Much like the original "Lost world". The point is; It all depends on the time period really.

ragesRemorse
Of course it was good at the time, and so were all the stop motion animation films, but have they stood the test of time? to me...they havent. I acknowledge that king kong started it all, but i cannot watch it and be entertained just because of it's nostalgic perspective. I can read the book and be completely entertained from all aspects. However, a king kong flick relies soley on visuals, and i shouldnt have to keep reminding myself " well, in the thirties this was bigger than lord of the rings" for it to be entertaining.

Mando
Of course it was good at the time, and so were all the stop motion animation films, but have they stood the test of time? to me...they havent. I acknowledge that king kong started it all, but i cannot watch it and be entertained just because of it's nostalgic perspective. I can read the book and be completely entertained from all aspects. However, a king kong flick relies soley on visuals, and i shouldnt have to keep reminding myself " well, in the thirties this was bigger than lord of the rings" for it to be entertaining.

This is why we have remakes..... no

I hope this is the first actual good one.

ragesRemorse
This is why we have remakes..... no

I hope this is the first good one.

exactly, and that is why i hope this remake is great, because i want to experince ,atleast slightly, what it must have been like to watch kong for the first time back in the thirties. Every king kong remake was terrible even for the era they were released in. I think jackson will do it justice. His confidence to show the mosnter through out the trailer gives me confidence he knows what he is doing

Mando
exactly, and that is why i hope this remake is great, because i want to experince ,atleast slightly, what it must have been like to watch kong for the first time back in the thirties. Every king kong remake was terrible even for the era they were released in. I think jackson will do it justice. His confidence to show the mosnter through out the trailer gives me confidence he knows what he is doing

I was watching a sneak preview in the cinema, and PJ and the staff sayd that "This film will leave the same impact on the people today, as the original did to the people of their time."

That's got to mean something.

Solo
It's got to mean everything. I can guarantee that King Kong will win Best Picture. Case closed.

ragesRemorse
I was watching a sneak preview in the cinema, and PJ and the staff sayd that "This film will leave the same impact on the people today, as the original did to the people of their time."

That's got to mean something.

Yeah, i think i heard that somewhere aswell. However, I think that i may be a bit desensitised from all the grand movies that are driven by special f/x to having that feeling that i had when i first saw Jurassic park. That is one reason i am anticipating this movie, just to see if i can capture that emotion again. Do you ever feel that way, that movies that should make you shudder in awe dont because you have seen to much of it?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Solo
It's got to mean everything. I can guarantee that King Kong will win Best Picture. Case closed.

You really think a remake would win a best picture? Not that i care if it does or doesnt, Those decesions have absolutely no impact on my life. But do you think a remake would be chosen? did the orginal win anything?

Ultimate Hulk43
The King Kong movies of the past aren't as great as this one but they were still great.

Mando
Do you ever feel that way, that movies that should make you shudder in awe dont because you have seen to much of it?

Do I ever sudder in awe when I see too much of a techniqe? No, I shudder in awe when I see something different and amazing, that demands my surrender for attention and will not let me take my eyes off of the screen for a moments notice. I want a little bit of something spectacular, not a load of something good.

Mando
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
The King Kong movies of the past aren't as great as this one but they were still great.

I didn't think much of the first remake.

Solo
You really think a remake would win a best picture? Not that i care if it does or doesnt, Those decesions have absolutely no impact on my life. But do you think a remake would be chosen? did the orginal win anything?

I'm sure it will. The only three people that have seen it think it's one of the best movies they've ever seen.

Mando
Originally posted by Solo
I'm sure it will. The only three people that have seen it think it's one of the best movies they've ever seen.

But then again, they made the movie happen. I'd love my own work.

But then again, I'm not always proud of myself.

DeVi| D0do
I nice 4 minute scene with Ann and Kong (looking great might I add): http://img-nex.kongisking.net/kong/movies/king.kong.nbc.preview.avi

WindDancer
I think PJ should have done a more futuristic King Kong movie. Maybe set somewhere around year 2525 and gear up Kong with missiles and blasters in his arms and legs. Kinda like a manga book Robot. That woulda been awesome!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>