iron man vs. the thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spider-venom
im not sure about this one

uQifg2WV
I'd have to go with Iron Man. The Thing can't fly, and is he capable of hurting the suit thingy?

The Flash
I think I read somewhere that Ironman can take Hulk, so I choose him.

ragesRemorse
Thing cant fly, nor could he withstand Iron mans Supreme fire power. Iron man would be a thret to thing in a simple melee bout too.

crazyspinz
iron man is stronger, faster, mopre fire power, smarter, and can fly. he wins

ayjay
i'd go iron man....yeeh..he gotz some major fire power.....he could just pound thing with like power blasts and crap from the air...and thing wouldnt be able to do very much except get hurt....

Capt.JK
I have to go with Iron-Man too. He has at least Class 80 strength, plus all that firepower and brains, and he can fly, and he has fought the Hulk, and... (the list goes on and on). Thing, although very cool, is no match for the Crimson and Gold Avenger.

Nataku8188
Can anyone say, hulk buster armor ?

lightaxe
yea, i know he doesnt have it anymore or anything but what if he used the King Thor buster armor on poor old thing 0_0.

Magee
He has King Thor buster armour? blink

lightaxe
Well i didnt know what to call it but Thor gave him energy source that powers moljnir or something and he bonded it to an armor. It was damn powerful but King Thor still ripped it apart.

Wynndar
they have fought.

Maelstrom
Only one Thing. ha ha. The Thing has a supreme defense. all he need do is hollow the ground and ball in it and he can't be harmed. Tony would have to go toe to toe with him. I think Ben stands a chance of throwing off his timing.

Wynndar
Iron Man has a huge advantage with his flight abilities, very powerful energy projection, technology, intelligence...he can technically lift more weight too. In the old old days...when FF and the Avengers hadnt been around too long, Thing would have beaten him just because he was a more central character...back then he beat a lot of people he shouldnt have, while guys like Thor and Iron Man were really portrayed as weak since they were part of a bigger team. Then in the seventies i think they had a fight where Iron Man won. When the Thing was upgraded in the eighties I think he would have beaten Iron man even though Im not sure if they actually fought. Recently, while Thing has been portrayed as more of a 100 ton class character, Thing and Iron Man have bumped a couple times. One time when thing neutralized the whole Avengers...and then another time when Iron Man's armor was malfunctioning and trying to destroy the Thing and Mr Fantastic on autopilot. It goes without saying that Thing looked a little better than Iron Man since he took his whole team...and when the armor was malfunctioning Thing used his superior fighting skill, he actually said it was a Judo move that he knew Iron Man would not expect from someone with a reputation of a brawler, and neutralized Iron Man long enough for Reed Richards to disarm the armor. Thing also appeared to be stronger since Iron Man could not break out of his grip.

This is just another one of those cases where Thing looks like he should lose on paper but he still ends up winning...I give it to Thing in the categories of strength, toughness, and fighting ability...but Iron Man has the brains, technology, energy projection, and flight. In a one on one fight, out in the open, Iron Man should win, but I think Thing is too resourceful and tough to just count out.

Maelstrom
Ironman's main power is his invulnerability but it only last 13 min. or so.

Ironmanpower
Someone who have the same stats on cumulative than Thor will ripped out this orange crap. An if you count on Thing endurance, Iron man have equal or more durability than him. ( Marvel stat )
Thing haven't one chance...

Wynndar
yes on paper Iron man should win...but thats just the misconception of the Thing, he is always underestimated, thats why Iron Man is yet to really demonstrate any superiority.

Ironmanpower
Thing should surprise IM than but that will not change the combat issue.
IM will win this one.

Wynndar
but he recently lost twice...Thus I go for Thing...although Iron Man should win based on pure statistics.

theflyxx
Iron Man has beaten the Hulk yet, the Hulk always seems to give the Thing fits.

I say Iron Man in a good battle.

Maelstrom
And then when Ironman comes down for the Kill, the Thing leaps up and bear hugs him from behind rendering Tony powerless. With the kind of pressure he can apply and his durability and invulnerability i think he can survive anything Stark can come up with until he can overpower the suit.

Wynndar
kinda like their last fight...Ironman couldnt get free of Thing's hold...due to a combination of strength and Judo according to the Thing

juggernaut74
I Think Thing can pull this off. He can shake off any attack IM can throw at him. After a hard fight Thing wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.