Something everybody can agree on...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AcrypT
Any chance that there's a band out there that everyone here could agree is good or at least ok?
Not a band that everyone loves but at least one that doesn't have haters. A band like the Beatles, I mean some may say they're over rated but to hate them, I mean seriously what kind of human being are you?! bangin
So any chance to find a band people can call neutral?

wicker_man
I very, very, very much doubt it.

Alpha Centauri
There will always be at least one who will not like something everyone likes.

-AC

AcrypT
Well of course there will always be that 1 guy but I mean a great majority like 90% of the people in here. the only thing I've ever seen people agree on in here was how they hate Avril, it still wasn't 100% of them but it was just about everybody. So I was wondering if there was a band out there that had the same qualities as Avril just opposite, meaning most people do like them.

Afro Cheese
Maybe like a classical artist like Bach or something? Haven't met too many people who hate on them.

Rachel Riddle
Hmm, it would be quite hard and i think impossible for a band, which is current....
rather like you already said bach or the beatles....

does anyone here do not like nirvana??? stick out tongue
well, no, let me ask: does anyone here hate nirvana?

Darth Revan
Well, yeah, there was a thread about that very thing some time ago. A lot of people here don't hate Nirvana, they just think they get way more credit than they deserve.

As for the original question, I don't think there's any way you could get every person, or even most people to agree on one thing. (except that certain bands and artists suck) 'Cos even if you could get the majority to agree on a band, there are a good number of hip-hop heads who likely wouldn't agree with that.

Though I don't think that any of the "regulars" here in the Music Forum hate RATM...

hh?
i think we can all agree to hate Vanilla Ice.

Afro Cheese
If everyone liked the same music.. music would suck.

Df02
i do, think they are 1 of the most overrated bands of all time, i hate the way they took the attention off the much better bands of the era... and personally not a fan of the music either embarrasment

there wont be a band, ever, that absolutely every1 will like, sum1 will always hate them

ChickinMeat
man, thats a good point!

i dont particullaly like nirvana either embarrasment

koolruningz
I have yet to meet anyone who dislikes Bob Marley and the Wailers. smokin'

Silver Stardust
I don't think there'll ever be one group that EVERYONE would like...cos there'd always be at least one person who dislikes it.

furryman
no way!

SlipknoT
NO!

SlipknoT
I think everybody likes Led Zeppelin

AcrypT
That's true but it's not the idea, of course that will never happen all I'm asking for is 1 lousy band, singer, something!?

Bob Marely wouldn't win my vote, I can't stand reggae and Zeppelin well I think he's ok but doesn't stand a chance to be a favorite of the crowd. RATM, yea they are good aren't they, I wonder if they stand a chance over here confused
I didn't here anyone yet say that they disliked the Beatles, any buyers?

Rachel Riddle
RATM! love punk punk punk punk

eek!

sorry, had to do that embarrasment stick out tongue

*Danii*
Metallica . . .?

How about somebody dead? Its really mean to HATE someone whos passed away, so people would only dislike their music.

koolruningz
Wow, im 30yrs old and traveled the world and you are the first person ive heard say that. sad

Silver Stardust
You're among friends here...eek!

ElectricBugaloo
I've heard a lot of people who can't stand bob marley, but normally because white stoners ruined his music for them.

koolruningz
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

My dads Jamaican so i was brought up on Bob Marley. Even if you dont like his music you cant deny he was a soldier for his cause and inspirational to his people.

ClaraG
yeah, like Elvis?

Afro Cheese
Bob marley is cool.. I don't like most reggae though.

koolruningz
Im pretty sure theres some Elvis haters out there (myself included).

Afro Cheese
"Elvis was a hero to most
But he never meant shit to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
Mother**** him and John Wayne"

Public enemy- Fight the Power

koolruningz
yes

SlipknoT
But his music is great to smoke to.

lil bitchiness
Like WM said i very much doubt it.

Even band as perfect as Tool is being hated by some people (which confuses me)

alic88
hmmmm............. ok for 1 second think of michael jackson AS ONLY AN ENTERTAINER AND A MUSICIAN(its hard i know..just think of him that way for 1 sec)

i think majority will agree that he is a legend in the music and entertainment industry...

Bierbommetje
I think there's little people that cant at least apreciate one of his songs.

That is excluding the people who absolulely hate the genre. Cause thats a different kind of hate altogether.

Rachel Riddle
eek!

very good to know happy

AcrypT
surprise I know plenty.

hysterical That is so true!

alic88
ya ppl extremely hate pop. but mj is altogether a different genre... i mean he is so different from pop.. his songs... but the closest genre2his singing wud b POP

AcrypT
I've heard people say that MJ introduced the PoP to pop, I tend to agree with them and yea sure their are a couple of his songs that I don't mind but it's kinda hard for me to believe that he'd get a majority vote.

lol I should have chnged the topic of this thread to what band do most of us agree, is good or something like that, then we'd have something to argue/talk about.

Afro Cheese
I can't stand Michael Jackson or his music.

ElectricBugaloo
Michael Jackson's stuff in the 70s and 80s was brilliant. Billie Jean, Thriller, then back to his days in The Jackson 5.

AcrypT
yea but you'r talking about the Black MJ, we'r talking about the White baby f*cker rolleyes1

Afro Cheese
I'm talking about both. I just never liked any of his stuff. My cousin used to be a huge fan and I could never figure out why.

Darth Revan
I like a lot of old school MJ, actually. I heard one of his songs on the radio the other day and he sounded damn good back then.

Afro Cheese
I just never liked it. My friend liked the song "Billy Jean" on the GTA Vice City game and like I said my cousin used to be his biggest fan. It seems like everyone likes Michael except me. It just bored me for some reason. And I never saw what the big deal about Thriller was. If I had to pick one of his songs that I like it would be Billy Jean mostly because of the beat.

Darth Revan
Well, I can understand not liking his music, just a matter of personal opinion really. But I think most of us can agree that he did have a nice voice way back when.

Silver Stardust
I can't stand MJ's music...except Billy Jean. That song's damn fun to karaoke laughing out loud

SlipknoT
Thriller was a good album

koolruningz
How about Ben Harper? Surely nobody hates Ben.

ElectricBugaloo
Look, the only thing that everyone should agree on is that there is not one artist out there that everyone will like

koolruningz
Ben Harper was my last shot. wink

SlipknoT
Who could hate The Greatful Dead?

ElectricBugaloo
Perhaps those with ears and a discerning taste in music?

koolruningz
hysterical

ElectricBugaloo
I'm not a fan of jam bands in genearl, I like more focus to my music.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.