Have you ever....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Have you ever had to drop a loved one (Family member/Girlfriend/Boyfriend) off at an airport and not know if you're ever gonna see them again or at least not for a while?

Me and my girl are in a long distance relationship and she left my place today. She told me that she's not sure if she wants me to go back out there because of the sadness of me leaving and stuff and she isn't too sure if the relationship itself is gonna work out.

I have to say not knowing whether your relationship is gonna be alive by tomorrow is one thing, having to say goodbye your other half and put them on a plane to fly thousands of miles away while knowing that, is quite possibly the most emotionally crippling pain I've ever had to endure.

Sorry if this is considered a pointless/whiney post. I just needed to say something to someone and I've come to feel quite at home on this forum and with the people who dwell on it. Like a little net family so yeah, is it just me or is the airport thing one of the saddest things ever?

-AC

finti
well I left Arkansas to go back and finish my education here in Norway, left girlfriend(s) big grin and friends. Not entirely the same situation but it was hard to say goodby then, been back visiting them and all but it aint the same, the moment was kind of gone

Jackie Malfoy
No I had not yet.But if I did it would such a sad thing.Not to know if they are coming back or not.I reather think happy thoughts right now.JM

Afro Cheese
My family doesn't fly much. I usually go greyhound. Hope that works out for you AC.

Arachnoidfreak
Yes. And it ****ing sucks. I wouldn't know which is worse, not knowing whether you will have a relationship the next day, or knowing that the person you care for wants nothing to do with you anymore.

fever red
Not knowing is worse. "Crippling" is exactly the term for it- you can do nothing.
I hope this heart-squinching pressure is lifted from you soon.

frodo34x
Alpha, I just read your post on the thread about losing something you love. That must hurt alot.

rajah kalantiaw
yup. i had to drop off-- well, not really, but we had to wait for my friend to get deployed to iraq, so we went to the base and waited with him. it sucks. he's doing fine though thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.