Fonts won't work, aargh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vampy
I installed some fonts on my computer (actually... copied them to the fonts folder) rebooted the comp but they just won't work.

I may be stupid but what the feck am i supposed to do to use them? erm

yerssot
normally you just have to copy them into your cermwindows\fonts directory

what version of word are you running?

Vampy
hm... i don't know, really embarrasment

I want these fonts in my photo impression anyways stick out tongue

yerssot
how do you mean?

Vampy
i don't know, that's the deal. i can't install them and i want to use them in Photo Impression. or at least in Photoshop

yerssot
the fonts used in your applications are generally all in a system folder located at CermWINDOWS\Fonts (on a windows machine obviously...what OS arer you running?)

when placed in this global location any application can use them.

is the font in the word application on the same computer as the photoshop?
(each computer generally has different sets of fonts so the comp that you are working on may not have the same font that the client has in mind)

if not...what you need to do is take a copy of the font file from them and place it in the font folder on your comp and restart photoshop and it should appear in the fonts list.

Vampy
well there is a problem

a) i don't know what OS is
b) i don't have a 'windows' file on 'C' drive
c) i copied it to the fonts folder i have in the start menu. and it doesn't work, apparently

yerssot
a) Operating System, which version of Windows or some sort you are running

b) where did you install windows then? or your OS?

c) then there is probably something wrong with the fonts folder or it's not the real one

TOH
Start menu, select Settings - Control Panel, them copy the files( fonts) to fonts folder

Clovie
^what i told her to do 3 hours ago, she says it's not working messed

Reborn Again
The best thing to do is search your system for the FONT folder, it'll be an icon that looks like a file folder, and copy the fonts in here. Then restart your computer, and everything should work fine. Otherwise, my only thought here is that these fonts are conflicting with others and that's the reason they won't work. START ---> SEARCH ---> type "FONT" ---> locate FONT file folder ---> open folder ---> copy fonts.

Raz
Actually the best method is:

Click Start->Control Panel->Fonts

It should open up the fonts window. Now click

File->Install New Font

and then select the font you want to install.

Vampy
you see. i don't have the 'install option either confused i don't understand this at all

Raz
Try instructions here: http://www.myfonts.com/support/help_install_win.html

Reborn Again
Let me ring in another two cents here. Do a search for FONTS, locate the file folder, and drag your font file into the folder. That works for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.