ESP! Anyone thinks this is real or fake?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
I hope this belongs here if not then anyone is welcome to move it to where it belongs.Anyway I think that it is real.
That some people could read minds.Or know the future.
What do you think?JM evil face confused

Darth Sauron
I cant read minds but i know when a PM is about to come through, i know when people are about to sign in, i know who is about to send me a message.....i can sometimes know a conversation topic half an hour before its brought up

but not reading minds or seeing the future

Jackie Malfoy
And how may I ask do you know all this?Do you have esp?Is that what you are saying?JM

Darth Revan
Sometimes I know things are going to happen soon before they do... Just little stuff, like I know when the phone is going to ring or something.

However, I think it could be just my mind subconsciously predicting patterns of human behavior. I can't say that I'm psychic, because this only happens on occasion and I can't seem to recall ever "predicting" anything that didn't have to do with people. Or sometimes animals.

Jackie Malfoy
That is really cool!That you have esp.It sounds like that is what you have.I have a connection like that with my twin sister.We always know what the other one is thinking or if one of us in trouble.
But I think that is a twin thing not esp.What do you think?JM

Darth Revan
"Twin thing" or not, theoretically it is ESP, since all it means is "extra sensory perception". And knowing what another person is doing isn't any one of the five senses...

I don't think I'm psychic or anything, I think I'm just really intuitive. Runs in the family wink

FeceMan
ESP is false. ESP consists of telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, and telekinesis (officially). In all the laboratory tests, there have been no reproduceable phenomena of ESP. Look up the Ganzfeld procedure if you want more information.

Darth Sauron
Look it up for me and give me a link, its your argument thats being backed up so you can do the work.

Im not saying i have Esp JM, just that i know when PMs and messages are coming, and like Revan, when the phone is going to ring.

FeceMan
http://skepdic.com/ganzfeld.html

Darth Sauron
Interesting link. I generally dont believe that anything like the aim of that experiment as possible.

FeceMan
Random AP Chemistry help needed:

1. Why is the triiodide ion linear?
2. Why are Cobalt (II) halides colored while Zinc (II) halides are not?
3. Why does the conductivity of silicon increase when a small amount of arsenic is doped into the crystal?

Jackie Malfoy
Thanks for the info guys!Goodnight.JM

Capt_Fantastic
Don't go Jackie...big words scare me too!

finti
as long as it aint by Bee Gees wink

ragesRemorse
. Happy Dance

ragesRemorse
I believe Esp is very possible, but few instances that are few and far between. I think it would also be on a minor scale that thrives between the energies of people. I have never seen or experienced anything like Esp other than de ja vu. Actually there was this period in my life, when i was about 18, days started to repeat themselves.I best not elaborate on that...people already think i'm crazy.

I think the general belief of Esp is just that...a belief. All you need to do to be labeled a psychic, is to be able to read people well. If you are one that likes to take the perception of other, by attempting to take on others emotional perspective then you will learn to read people fairly well. If you can do this, you too can start your own scam business of being a psychic. You can even claim to be able to talk to people that have "crossed over" and make people believe it.

The human brain is one of the most complex things understood in our existence. Alot of that understanding is still only speculation. Einstein suggested that when we sleep, our mind wanders to various area's of the mind that go unused in everyday life. He even believed that if we could utilize more of the potential of our minds, telepathy could be a very legitimate possibility. Esp is also somthing that is written about through history. the Greeks, Romans, Various Indian cultures believed it was not just a possibility, but a fact. Dont know though, i think that if their are people out there that have this ability, they probably dont even know that they have it.

Jackie Malfoy
Does the twin thing count as having esp?JM Just wondering!

Silver Stardust
I'm the same way...it happens eerily often with me, too messed

Evil Dead
I completely believe in ESP..........there is actually scientific evidence to back it up.

Google "Quantum spooky effect"........interesting findings eh?

To sum it up for you.......two photons behave the exact same way.......they are separated.........they are now hundreds of miles apart........change the way one behaves, the other changes to. How did it know to change? How did it know the behavior of the other had changed? That's why it's called the spooky effect........it's spooky.

The most recognized hypothesis is Einstein's Unified theory of everything. ..........that everything in the universe is connected somehow.....by some as yet unknown energy. If these two photons could communicate or gather information from this energy connection, why couldn't two people? It's a shame Einstein's theory is yet unfinished as even he could not topple the task of defining everything into one theory.

'tis also a good explanation for "instint".......

a rat sees a cat with good eye sight, it runs away. a rat sees a snake with poor eye sight it stands still, motionless. How did the rat know that the cat has good eyes and the snake has bad eyes? Why did it not run from the snake and stand motionless for the cat? Instinct is the answer......but what exactly is instinct? Where did the rat get this information..............

Cipher
ESP has never been proven in scientific tests so it probably doesn't exist. But it might. Although it probably doesn't........

Evil Dead
correct.........never proven by scientific method, cannot be recreated in a lab under controlled conditions with 100% accuracy. Then again.......neither can the big bang or any other scientific theory out there. 'tis why it's called a theory.......if it were able to be reproduced and proven, it would be fact.

Incorrect on the use of the word "probably"............all research done in the field so far have been hit and miss. There have however been some hits.........which is why the United States military used these people who produced "hits" in projects involving remote viewing.......which is an ESP.

I don't think anybody believes that 100% of the population.....or even 100% of the population who claim to have ESP do...........I'd guess a very small percentage...single percentile digits.......but it only takes one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.