3p0 and R2 on tattoine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandorallen

yerssot
memory wipe

end of discussion.

Mandorallen
ah thats what i suspected.

that sucks tho.

kalsolar
probably the same reason given as for the reason that c3po seems to have no idea who obi-wan is in ANH even though the have already met in eps 1 & 2.

Mandorallen
^ good point

Morridini
It's easy to say why the droids don't remember being there before, as they have been memory wiped.

But why doesn't Owen remember 3PO? As they are poor farmers, droids like 3PO shouldn't be so common for them, so they would have remembered him.

Darth Subjekt
Ive always wondered why C3PO never mentioned Vader, or Anakin for that fact. Being that he was his maker, i like to think he'd remember him....i know i know...erased memory...b.s.

Jerico
Don't be ridiclous, there's no reason for it to be a memory wipe, they got dumped in the middle of the desert with no prior knowledge of where they were. There is no doubt billions of deserts on billions of worlds.

If you were suddenly dumped in a desert following a terrifying battle i doubt you could tell the diffrence between the Sahara Desert and the Gibson Desert for example

cylob49
i heard only 3p0 gets the memory wipe now

yerssot
to why Owen doesn't recognise 3PO... there are probably millions of protocol units with the same annoying voice. besides, 3PO had silver plating and now gold.

And perhaps he DOES recognise him. He says "you, I take it you're programmed to ...", of course, he did it a few movies earlier but perhaps he knew 3PO had the wipe and thought it was save to buy him (hey, he does need someone who speaks Bocce)

it was one of the very first things GL said about EPIII in an interview.

Jerico
**** George Lucas eats stool

kanis
alien It has a been a long time and a lot things had happened, he may have forgot about threepio and not recognized him because as you said yessot he has gold plating now. Anyway doesn't Luke already own artoo and threepio they are his and Leia's by right because they were both owned by their parents.

Morridini
Or it's just the fact that Lucas didn't know that 3Po was made by Anakin, nor had met Owen before.

Red Superfly
Lucas hadn't planned on having every character related in some perverted sick way - such as C3PO and Luke actually being stepbrothers.

You'd think C3PO would recognise his own uncle Owen :P

(think about it)

Flying Ferret
Don't you know, Uncle Owen had a memory wipe, too.

It's simple as this: 3P0 and Owen should never have met, much less be owned by him prior to ANH.

jnolan
ahhh but what alot of ppl missed is that when owen purchases 3po he says his first job was programing the same type of machines, alot of ppl thought they would see that in ep III, but wouldnt his first job have been when he and shmi went to work for cliegg w/primary load lifters, maybe it was not a complete memory wipe

Morridini
Wouldn't they be half brothers? as they have the same father.

PVS
i think that 3p0 was not referring to the planet, but the location on that planet.
"what a desolate place this is..." 3p0 has been to the moisture farm, and mos espa, never in the middle of a vast desert.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.