Jeff Buckley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
In the interest of turning you people onto some new music that you may not have heard of before, I am making this thread.

His album "Grace" is one of hte best things that I have ever heard.

Anyone else into Jeff Buckley?

finti
couldnt have agreed more with you, have you heard the Legacy edition of "Grace"? There is a song called "Forgett Her" on it and it is superb, a shame it didnt make the original outkast of "Grace"

furryman
I thrice that!

..I'll try and find that song now..

Df02
heard the album before and was good, also heard a live album of his...is very good but ive never got round to listening again

Alpha Centauri
I think Jeff is one of the most talented singers and songwriters of all time. Amazing. Tragic loss.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
Yeah, I got the legacy edition, and the second disc is amazing. It just further shows his wide range of musical imfluences, from blues (Parchman Farm Blues) to punk (Kick Out The Jams). The "Making of Grace" documentary is awesome also

finti
I have Jeff Buckley live in chicago(also known as Mystrey White Boy) on video gonna get it on DVD too, cool version of Kick out The Jams there

ElectricBugaloo
I just wish he could have recorded another album. If it was half the album that Grace was, he would have already had a great career. Hard to believe that it was ten years ago that this album came out--the same year as The Blue Album and Dookie and countless gangsta rap albums. It is still as relevant today as it was back in the mid 90s. I can't get enough of "So Real" and "Hallelujah"

finti
got into Jeffs father Tim, the guy got a great voice as well, no doubt where Jeff inherited his singing abilities, Still listening to Jeffs legacy edition of grace and "Forget Her" this haunting tune is now an all time fav.
I just cant get enough off this album "Grace", I was sold for Buckley whenever I first heard Hallelujah around the summer 1995 and the tune was included as one of my all time fav songs, didnt bother too much for the rest of Graces material until xmas 1998,the cd was was a present from my brother and from then on ..................... well Buckleys lovers understand the feeling and passion for this great album.

Oh the world is at at loss with the tragic death of Jeff and the tunes he could have made...................... sad sad

Grace always make my day so to you Jeff, god bless and cheers for this extremely great contribution to the music scene.

Forever in your debt - Finti

Victor Von Doom
Is the man.

steely balls
jeff buckley certainly became my favorite artist of all time...and this is years after he died

Alice_In_Chains
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
His album "Grace" is one of hte best things that I have ever heard.

Jeff Buckley is amazing. Grace almost gave me a small stroke...

love him!!!! eek! eek!

slashwristbarbi
I agree with everything said so far. I just got Grace about a month ago (normal version, not legacy edition, unfortunatly) and it;s amazing. Hallelujah is my favourite song of all time.

Lydia_J
The first song I heard of his was Hallelujah a couple of years ago and i adore it, i didnt really think of finding other songs (dunno why) but when i finally did i fell in love with all of them

Holcomb
I'm a big fan of Jeff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.