POA DVD Discussion & Pictures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shanie623
What do you guys think about the DVD?

I for one, think it's very disappointing =( Not much cool stuff except the interviews. But I did love the actual movie. I thought there was going to be more deleted scenes!!! Tom Felton and Jamie Waylett mentioned in their website (before the DVD ever came out) that there was supposed to be a deleted scene where Malfoy and the gang were dancing the salsa in Lupin's class. There wasn't. And the box is highly disappointing.

angelsflame265
/\ I agree with you about the deleted scenes. I thought there would be more then five. But other wise I thought it was good. Some stuff was there that I didn't expect and stuff wasn't there that I expected to be there. .

If you followed that last part at all, you get a gold star

Raven Guardia
the box is disipointing. I liked the previous moive boxes better. but since the thrid movie had a new producer thats why the box was also a diffrent style. but the DVD I bought came with a free HP note book eek!

Lianslo
I'd say it was decent. First off, I thought a couple of the deleted scenes were terrible. The one w/ Hagrid and that bird?!? come on now! But the last two could/should have been in there. They totally cut the entire thing w/ Neville writing down the passwords, and Sir Cadagon didn't make the cut either. But I did enjoy the interviews (except for that stupid shrunken head) especially the one w/ JK, very interesting. But on the whole, there could have been a lot more "behind the scenes" and things like that...I personally would have enjoyed a blooper reel. smile

KKdave
I agree Lianslo (and I like you sig!) Would it kill them to put in a friggin blooper real??! mad Come on WB, you're killing me! But overall i thought it was ok, just because i like the movie so much. That shrunkin head was really lame tho, what was the point of that? so annoying.

angelsflame265
whats the box

KKdave
Like the case? :/ The last 2 DVD's came in like these big foldy things and this one didn't. I think thats what they were talking about.

angelsflame265
o ok

ladygrim
i have to wait til f...king christmas to get sad...tho i have seen it round a pals house and i thought it was..good

Jackie Malfoy
It was pretty good.My favorite part is when the three slytherin actors was interviewed!Tom Felton did most of the talking acouse!And he is so cute.
The only thing annoying abot it was that stupid head kepted talking when interviewing the three.I found it reather annoying!JM

cmspores

el-pirate
yay, someone who agrees with me!! haven't even seen POA movie, cause the other two were (in my opinion wink) just horrid!

pixie1
i watched the first 30 mins after that i turned it off and just could not carry on i thought of snapping the dvd in half but it was my sister and she wouldn't let me the first two were bad enough but this ................ its horrible and to be honest BORING

Its nothing like the book my 3 year old daughter could have made a better movie with her nursery friends and would have got far move of JK's imagination and even far more of the story accurate

pixie1
there are no words that could describe how i feel about this film ............dissapointment doesnt even get close
if i had seen the film b4 reading the book i wouldnt have bothered reading it

impatientinky
i agree that the talking head was totally annoying! not just during the interview, but i found it annoying in the movie as well.
did anyone notice that dan (harry) kept interupting the others? especially rupert?

angelsflame265
haha i thought he was funny during the movie. . .not so much during the interviews though

Jackie Malfoy
LOL!I never saw that interview I was watching Tom Felton's interviewing!(sign)it was worth watching I could tell you that.Yes I argee with yu the head was even more annoying the movie.
I mean why did they even have that thing in the movie at all?It was pointless and stupid!JM

shaber
Notice the head was less intrusive during the interviews with the adults.

KKdave
Yeah that was funny. The adults probably would have just gotten up and walked out if that head annoyed them too much. Damn that head mad

JessieSparrow
I like the movie cause its a good movie but it bugs me they left so much out but I try to think of them as different things like the book is one thing then o look something else related to Harry Potter...but they did have some deleted scenes that there was no reason they werent in it...but I dont think they made a bad movie its just they left too much out from the books

Orlando´s Angel
i think the head was funny in some interviws ! the actors like it !
and also practizing with the choir of hogwarts was great

Jackie Malfoy
(Rans out of room) I can't stand that song!JM

Orlando´s Angel
why not?

its awesome clap

Reborn Again
It was pretty good. I have enjoyed all 3 Potter films and I plan on reading the books now... starring from the Goblet of Fire on.

Orlando´s Angel
you beter start by the first one, cos if you dont, mmaybe your not going to understand parts of the story angel_not

Reborn Again
Perhaps. The novel always has more information than the film.

ladygrim
got to agree wit ^ the movie was good but it would have been brillant if they had virtually not missed any out

Orlando´s Angel
rolleyes1 yep !

much better the books !

~Freak-N-Bunny~
yes

shanie623
I expect because they expected that you would already know the answers to those questions you just posted. They probably assumed that 98% of those who would watch the movie have read the books. =)

Anyways, I watched the movie three times in the theaters, and five times so far on DVD... wow, Emma is SUCH an overrated child actress (winning all those awards, and hearing all those compliments about her)! I thought for sure she improved the VERY first time I saw her on PoA... but the more I watch PoA on DVD, the more I realized that Emma exxaggerated a LOT... and I mean HELL OF A LOT... Her facial expressions always seem like she's frowning (even if there was nothing to frown about)... Daniel needs help with his "drama" scenes, otherwise though he HAS improved. And Rupert, no MATTER how much I look for something to criticize about him, he's one natural comedian/actor.

Clovie
i've seen all the movies, but isnce i've read books twice, i just noticed it's different and didn't pay attention to details

Reborn Again
I haven't read any of the books... but I found all 3 movies delightful and fun. I just finished watching PoA against last night. And I'm picking up Goblet of Fire today at Coles. I want to continue the story... and book 7 is out already? Woah!

Sybil
i loved it..i bought it...i watch it everynight.

impatientinky
no....book six isn't even out yet. so you haven't read poa but watched the movie? you didn't find it a bit confusing?

ladygrim
i think if i hadnt of read book 3 i would have found the third movie very very confusing .....

cmspores
thank you, i rest my case... for now.

lilsis
well u c the reason u prolly thought they so delightful & fun (as u put it) is b/c u HAVENT read the books im sure if had then u'd have a different opinion___i think the movies r really good but i like the books soooo much better cuz u get more information & ur not lost wink

air
i watched da film wid my bf and i later after it had finished had to try and explain it to him..i agree that the film was a good film, it just doesn't compare or live up to the type of status that comes that comes with these amazing books..i preferred the first and the second films, although the third is my fave book outta the 3 i just didnt like the directing.......i dread to think how much is gonna be missed outta the 4th film.....all were gonna have is the 3 challenges the ending..the yule ball and some of the beginning!!

lilsis
i know the dursleys arent even gonna be the next movie & niether is percy (even though i cant stand any of them) but it still just takes away from the feeling that u get from the books!

pretty angel
i thought the thrid movie wasnt as good as the book they missed out some bits but i saw those bit in the delated scenes

lilsis
they didnt even put the actual IMPORTANT parts in the deleted scenes! miffed they didnt say anything about who MWPP really were & WAT potion sirius was talking about when he asked remus if he had taken it....were on earth DID the marauder's map come from anyway...wat WAS the significance of the womping willow, wat was it USED for? eh? u c the ppl who've nvr read the books b4 arent going to know wat's going on in the movie. my best friend hasnt read the books yet (but i AM gonna make her evil face ) so when she was watching the movie i had to go through & explain everything to her

pretty angel
yeah and i thought that that shucken head was so annoying! but in the dvd when they were interviewing the dursleys the shucken head didnt wanna ask any question because he was scared of the dursleys!

meel

The Ones
i have to disagree with you. alfonso did much better than chris. the 1st 2 are near crap but no.3 was excellent

hermione7
here's some pic and clip
if u wat 2 see the video go here
www.danradcliffe.com

d/e with a cake

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/buffywill07/cake.jpg

d/e dancing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/buffywill07/dedance.gif

RebelPhoenix
Lol I love the dancing one! big grin

BOPRecruit 16
when was dan's birthday on the set? blink in another thread, i thought was from gof. my bad! eek! laughing also, that animation, doesn't look like they're in the dada room...where are they? blink

RoguePw25
Yeah, I thought this was in GoF too, sorry my mistake. Those pics are great, but could you use this thread instead? Thanks. big grin

How was the PoA DVD?
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t315819.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.