My computer is making loud noises but it stops when I kick it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§pearhead
No joke messed does anyone know what the problem is?

Raz
Open it up and see where the noise is coming from.

Could be a fan problem, or a hard drive on its last legs.

Fire
what kind of noises? Mine makes loud noises too when my fans fill up with dust also helps when I kick it but it's usualy the signal to clean out my fans

yerssot
laughing out loud
oh feck man, this is so damn funny! laughing out loud

anyway, what kind of noises? every pc makes noses, being it the fan or the dvd-rw reading a disc or something.

of course, if you know it's not that, it could be in example the wiring or the HD's/DVD-RW's/ ... and then you indeed have to open up your buddy

§pearhead
it's like a clicking sound messed

I don't doubt the hard drive's dying, this is pretty old confused

dave123
dont stop kicking it, duh stick out tongue

yerssot
if it's an old HD, more reason it's dying stick out tongue

is the fan working well?

TOH
Does your hd have bad sectors or something? confused

§pearhead
Well I dusted the fan, and a bit of the noise stopped, but some of it's still there messed

I'll get a tech on it, I know a few smile thanks!

Raz: I don't think so...It's just 7 or so years old messed

double edit^ that's to ToH...the ghost threw me off laughing out loud

Raz
Your hard drive is dying. I would backup your important stuff. It probably only has a few more days before it dies fully.

§pearhead
oh joy messed thanks

TOH
It was Raz's fault schmoll
But he is right about your hd..take care about your data and make a back up now... confused

eleveninches
A friend o fmine once told me that the fan in his PC had come off, and when it was spinning round, it physically chopped his harddrive to pieces.

miahera
could be emitted from your power supply. also about the kicking, that's a Barney Rubble trademark!

Dogbert
Err... I don't think kicking it will help. smile

Silver Stardust
OMG Jeremy, I started cracking up when I read the title...

7 years old? Yeah, that sucker's pretty old...

(and in my experience, kicking the computer tends to solve most problems wink)

ash007
yeah well same thing happened to me. I found that there was dust near my fan best thing to do is buy a canister of air duster and then just spray it clean

Jedi Priestess
The new hard drive I installed is noisier than all get out. I just learned to live with it. messed

Captain REX
7 years! Why would you keep a computer that long? laughing out loud

sim0921
Mine used to make a kind of buzzy sound. Then i checked the fan, and thought "holy sh*t!", it was all covered in dust and small pieces of cloth, wood, and no expression. I havent checked it since i bought it.

radioboy121
Larger drives can get hot. Make sure there is plenty of air flow coming through your computer's interior with another or upgraded fan.

Napalm
Somehow I dont think your supposed to kick the computer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.