Do U Like Ur Own Stories?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LaLaLaGirl21
Hello y'all out there! I was j/w if ne of u write ur own stories? I love to write and currently i am writting a story (not typing) and already i have written 76 pages! i hope to get it published but for now i'm still writing. Does ne 1 else write?

Jackie Malfoy
I love writing my own stories.I been writting them since I was eight.What are the titles of some of your books that you had written yourself?
Mined are as followed:

DOOM(Danger Operal Offical Matical)
Treyus
Samather's Dairy!

Please pm to chat if you want!I am always here!I love talking to other writters who write books just like me!JM

baracustastic
I wrote a book when I was wee about a magic sweetie shop that moved around. So you went in and, depending on what you bought, you came came out in a completely different place. Can't remember the name of the book, maybe I should have another go at it.

Lord Soth
I've written several short stories, they're decent

big gay kirk
Chris Carter liked one of my x-files shorts!!! I'm dead proud of that!!

KillTheLight
Really that is so cool.Is there any chance that I could get to read it???

Lord Shadow Z
I have about five stories I'm currently working on although its difficult to know if any of them are any good or not.

Dreampanther
Yup. Just finished a creative writing course with the head of my English department, submitted three short stories and got 70% from the external moderator for the Adventures of Dangerous Dave

big gay kirk
It was published in "Out There" magazine.... I'm not sure if it's still around... basically its an X-files/Twin peaks crossover story... it was titled "Double Vision" and was written long before I had a pc.... one day i might post it somewhere... if I do, I'll let you know...

Wolfie
Writing stories is a big hobby of mine. I'm always being critical of them though. So I never know if I'm just being paranoid or if my idea really is terrible. Peers don't help either, they never want to hurt your feelings so give them a pile of garbage and they'll say it's wonderful.

Maylien
I right my own stories i think of the storyline and i think they are good but as soon as i actrually start to write them down i think they are crap ive started about fifteen books and never finished any of them does anyone have any tips for me

Lyra Rose
i love writing and most of the time i don't have a story line i just write what come to me and when it feels right then i end it most end on a cliff hanger.
one tip would be to think have u got the Imagination to finish a book sorry to be nasty im not putting you down but u have to think about it

Maylien
yes i have the imagination to finish it i always know how the book will end and what will happen in the next book i just keep thinking i am not good enough to write

Lyra Rose
then why write u have to believe u can do it to write believing in ur self is what helps u carry on

Maylien
i cn write people keep telling me they are good but i just never know if there teling the truth or just being nice
i also have a friend who writes she thinks shes mint but they are crap she also says there getting published but i don't think so

Lyra Rose
she wont say it unless she was. maybe shes been told she can write too. why would she lie about being published???? getting puplished would be a great thing no one would lie about it!

Maylien
lyra rose have you been published

Lyra Rose
no but i hope in the future i will be

Maylien
how soon in the future what kind of books do you write

Lyra Rose
as soon as i feel ready and i write fantasy mainly be can write horror too

Maylien
how will you know if your re4ady or not and i write fantasy too

Lyra Rose
when i feel happy with how my stories are then im ready. great fantasy are great u can create a whole new world

Aluriela
Sorry to intrude on your convo, but really what does being published matter? I've had stuff published, and after the first time seeing your name in print, it kinda wears thin. And looking back on what you had published is never good, cause you'll always be thiking of what you could have done better with it.

Maylien
do you get other people to read your stories to see if they are good

Maylien
to alureia your write but for someone who has not been published it could be a dream so if it doesn't meen much to you anymore it could to some one else

Aluriela
Sometimes I get my best friends to - people I can trust to give me their true opinion and tell me if it's crap, but generally if you read your own stuff back you can tell where something doesn't sound right.

I'm just saying - being published isn't the be all and end all of writing - writing for it's own sake is often more fulfilling

Lyra Rose
whos this for if me then yes i ask people i hope i can trust or a friend who has been puplished in christian stories

Lyra Rose
i agree ur old work will be rubbishe compare to ur new work

Lyra Rose
but being published isnt everything as long as u write for ur self then that is all that should matter

Aluriela
Thanx (lol) You get better at everything with practice. I know I have, I'll look back at stuff I wrote a couple of years ago and not be able to believe how bad it is, and how good I thought it was.

Lyra Rose
if it doesnt get better then u shouldnt write

Maylien
yeah your new work will be better cos you learn from past mistakes

Aluriela
Definitely - you've got to be able to look at your work objectively and see where the mistakes are though - I know too many people who consider themselves writers, but can't take simple constructive criticism without it becoming personal.

Lyra Rose
then just because it is wearing thin for Aluriela it does mean it doesn't mean anything to her

Aluriela
I didn't mean that being published doesn't mean anything anymore, it's just lost some of it's importance for me.

Lyra Rose
i beat it is the same for writers like Stephen King

Aluriela
Maybe not - he gets paid a lot more than me!

Lyra Rose
and hes books rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maylien
Aluriela when did you first get published how old were you do you have any tips for people wanting to get published did you ever have any problems with publishers

Madison
I write my own books too they are all fantasy books and i love the stories but i'm slightly biased

Lyra Rose
everyone is biased at some point bunny

Maylien
Yeah but i think its better for someone else to read through you work to see if it is good

Lyra Rose
some one reading ur story also helps u find out what they thinks so they can tell u if it any good

Madison
precisly i agree with that

LLG
I write if I'm a little bored. There mostly short stories, but I do want to write longer stories. I don't think I'm going to publish them any time soon or maybe not at all.

Lyra Rose
i dont even care if they slag my stories off. one friend help me improve them and she isnt scared to say the truth

Aluriela
This makes me sound really weird, but I was first published in a poetry anthology when I was 13 - not even a good poem either. I personally have never had any problems, but then again I'm not trying to get books published at the moment (I'm too busy with trying to fit finishing them around my uni classes), I've only had poetry, short stories and articles published. My only real advice would be to try and track down publishers that publish other works in your genre, and never let rejection get you down - try rewriting or just sending it somewhere else, - and to always consider any criticism they give you.

Lyra Rose
great advise

Lyra Rose
u need to believe it will happen. i write when im bored even if im in a lecture, its the best time to write i think. have you any stories typed up that u could PM me so i can see what they are like

Maylien
i write whenever i get a chance and i want all of my stuff published by the way aluriela not very helpful if your have never had a full book published

Lyra Rose
at least she has had some thing puplished!!

Maylien
I have had something published i never said i didn't did i

FallenArchAngel
Case u had not noticed Tracy(Lyra) even i have had something published it's just u who has not.

Madison
yeah he has a point even i have had something published

Maylien
if what these two are saying is true then you can't really mock can you

Lyra Rose
i dont write poems or short stories and i write for my self and know one else. and i have had offers of a few offers of different puplishers

Maylien
If you only write for yourself why are you trying to get them published

Lyra Rose
cause of a good friend who thinks they shouldn't be locked away. she was the one who gave me the Confidence to go for it. so id like to thank her.

Maylien
You may have the confidence to try and get them published but will anyone publish them for you

Lyra Rose
if ive had offers then yes.

Maylien
So when is the first one to be published i would like to read it will it be out in the UK

Lyra Rose
should be the one i want puplished is innocent eyes.

Maylien
What's it about and do you know when it will be published

Lyra Rose
no and it is a mix of things Inspired by 2 of my class mates

Maylien
that still does not tell me what it is about

Lyra Rose
real life things that have happened turned into fantasy showing what the kids feel about them, things like war

Maylien
sounds OK

Lyra Rose
that is a vage summary there is more to them

Maylien
Like????????????????

FallenArchAngel
"cause of a good friend who thinks they shouldn't be locked away. she was the one who gave me the Confidence to go for it. so id like to thank her."

Is this Charlotte by any chance Tracy

Maylien
Probably is

FallenArchAngel
The problem is with Tracy's books she does not use enough description, I have told her time and time again but she never listens

Lyra Rose
maybe

Maylien
I think that would be a yes don't you think

FallenArchAngel
maybe what does that mean

Lyra Rose
Originally posted by Maylien
Like???????????????? [/QUOT

it is to hard to explain and am to streesed to try

FallenArchAngel
whats hard to explain

Maylien
How stressed do you need to be to forget your own story

Lyra Rose
you have not ready the 4 or more books ive done since ive been here

Lyra Rose
i have a stupit C++ program to finishe for next week and if it is not done then i fail the cause

FallenArchAngel
well i'll have to read them then see if you have listened for once

Maylien
what does that have to do with remembering the story

Lyra Rose
it means maybe

Lyra Rose
cause. innocent eyes is a sort of story that a few people will not like cause of what is in it

Maylien
get back to the subject

Lyra Rose
u could if they were typed up

Maylien
what is in the story plain and simple dont dodge the subject

Lyra Rose
i am mad

Lyra Rose
it is about the 2nd gulf war, well on the reason we went to war and how the kids would deal with it only in a fanasy style.

Lyra Rose
read one on this forum
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f67/t327507.html

FallenArchAngel
ok your description is better but no where near good enough try describing the magic library. What does it look like? is there any thing that stands out about it? things like that

Maylien
definetly need more description in it you need to make the reader feel as though they are there looking at the room themselves

FallenArchAngel
exactly they need to be able to see what the character see's and feel what the character feels

Maylien
yeah that way if people want they can create their own character to tie in with the story can they can imagine everything that happens

Lyra Rose
what magic library are u reading the right one and maylien i know what i need to do. confused

Maylien
just helping out to make sure that you know what you have to do

FallenArchAngel
"The day my family were killed started off as a normal summers day, everyone went their ways to do what they did during the day and I went down to the library of magic"

lOOK MAGIC LIBRARY U FOOL

Lyra Rose
not magic library library of magic

Maylien
magic library and library of magic are the same thing

Lyra Rose
know they are not in my story cause one has information on magic and the other is a magic library as you'll see later

FallenArchAngel
Eithr way U NEED MORE DESCRIPTION LISTEN TO WHAT I'M TELLING U

Lyra Rose
i asked for iead so thanks for urs

FallenArchAngel
u asked for what

Lyra Rose
ideas and i will take it in to account

FallenArchAngel
using description is not an idea, it is something u have to do in order to make your story do well

Maylien
some of the best books that i have read are done in the first person

Lyra Rose
same here! but most my stories or first person diary style

Maylien
Anne Frank is one of the best dairy style books ever

Lyra Rose
i agree

FallenArchAngel
maybe u should use that as insight on how to write a diary style book

Lyra Rose
i no what to do they are in a way my diary

Maylien
if you have read the book then you should write it similar to that

Lyra Rose
every one has there own style i dont copy any one elses

Maylien
i never said copy i said make it similar the two are very different

FallenArchAngel
But that would make Tracy's story unoriginal

Lyra Rose
yes it would thanks smile

Maylien
no it wouldn't cos you can write it in a similar way like how the book refers to stuff but you don't copy it it will still be your own work just usaing ideas that work in other cases

Lyra Rose
but id rather find my own that way if it is a hit then i know it was because they liked that style

Maylien
just a suggestion it may help the book ifg you include stuff you know that will work

Lyra Rose
then it will not be all my own work

Maylien
yes it will its just the basic idea that you could use as a base for building on like the idea of two people fighting you use that which has been done before but you develop it in another way

Lyra Rose
i think i'll just o it my way and see what happens

Maylien
if you insist

Lyra Rose
i do

FallenArchAngel
"no it wouldn't cos you can write it in a similar way like how the book refers to stuff but you don't copy it it will still be your own work just usaing ideas that work in other cases"

But Trac's book is totaly different, Anne Frank dealed with completly different issues, it is not a fantasy story

Lyra Rose
plus hers was real life she lived though it so her bokks will be better discribed

Maylien
its still a similar thing im on about the diary part not the story in the diary

Maylien
you can discribe experience well even if you have never had them plenty of people do it

Lyra Rose
living though something makes it a little easier

Maylien
yes but it is still possible

Lyra Rose
then i'll learn to do it ur not born knowing everything

Maylien
never said you were but reading books that are very similar to what you are writing wether in style or story they can help you to write yours then you dont need to be born knowing everything you can pick it up

Lyra Rose
thats called learning which is what im doing

Maylien
i know what its called good if you are doing that you will get better at writing

Lyra Rose
well thats what happens

Maylien
normally if you pay attension to what you are reading

LLG
Um, no thank you, but thank you anyway. I'm kind of shy when sharing my work.

Lyra Rose
Originally posted by LLG
Um, no thank you, but thank you anyway. I'm kind of shy when sharing my work.

i was like that and when i did share my stories i got great feed back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.