Under-rated Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickinMeat
i was thinking about ths the other day, which is ascary because i actually thunk! is that even a word?!! who knows!

what games have you really enjoyed where others have gone "well its not that good"?

one example i have is XIII, i thought it was pretty genious having a cell-shaded FPS, and on top of that it had a great storyline, hardly anyone i knew liked this title.

and the otherone is Deus Ex:Invisible War. everyone told me "OMG d0nT Pl@Y d@T!!1 1t5 n00t @z gUuD @s T3h 1sT G@|\/|3!!!", but i had to disagree. i know deus ex is an amazing game, because it is my favourite game and series of all time. its obvious this game could live up to everyones expectations, as it was the best game ever, but i think it did bloody well. its not as short as everyone told me to believe, interaction with stuff was great, and a great story in my opinion.

so yea, what games have you loved and stuck by that no-one else did, because they counted it as an under-rated game?

Lord_Andres
This one's easy, here are some of my fav games that non of my friends like, they all booooo look at all those ass pixels and stuff

The Ultimate Doom (well 1 of my friends likes it a little, he respects it for what it did, but thats it)
Hexen(same guy likes this one alot, Mp is very good too)
Heretic(I dont know everybody hates this one, I just love it)
Warcraft II(they all hate it mad )
Morrowind is also very underrated around here, would u belive that?
Quake3 is also very underrated, I know its not that greatest game ever, but its a damn good shoot everything that moves FAST! and UT 1 too, nobody likes it either, all of these games I love!

eleveninches
Power stone 2 for the dreamcast was a great game, but so underrated.
Skies of arcadia for the dreamcast was really good but underrated

SaTsuJiN
the Psychic Force games.. both the first one for PSX and 2012 for dreamcast.. great stuff there.

Linkalicious
Chrono Cross.

I think it was a really good game, but a lot of people chose to dislike it because it didn't out-due it's SNES counterpart. The story was pretty good, the fighting system was cool, and all the playable characters were just bad ass.

frodo34x
Ive not played invisible war myself, but I have played the first game, and I know that Invisible War has a lot to live up to.

I have to say that the AoE series is over rated, as I find game play gets repettitive very easily.

ChickinMeat
yea man, you should get it anyway, its a great title.

and i just noticed a typo in there, i meant to say couldnt live up to, not could!

General Kaliero
Beyond Good & Evil was a great game, but no one really seemed to notice it. Picked it up in a bargain bin. Best use of 15 bucks ever.

ChickinMeat

frodo34x
That was exactly how I picked up my copy of Deus Ex.

ChickinMeat
same here actually!

i see a pattern, every game i have picked up on the cheap, have been exceedingly good games.

eleveninches
and COnkers Bad Fur Day for the N-64. Great game

Magee
I think the whole dynasty warriors series is underated, i only know a few people who have heard of it nvm played it.

frodo34x
Exactly

Samas-adian
No One Lives Forever. I thought this game rocked, its was funny as hell, locals in the game were great, and it was an amazing Bond ripoff.

I dont know how this game will turn out, but i recently bought Pirates for PC, and the is awesome. Its a great change of pace from recent intense shooters and in depth strategy.

Joker1237
I going to get killed for this but I think Mortal Kombat 3 was great. Not as good as 2 mind you, but a good game in its own right.

ITs just when they started with the Mortal Kombat "UpDates" that it went all down hill, sort of like Street fighter 2, Turbo, Championship, The new challagers ete.

the FIRSt Mortal Komat 3 was good. the rest Mortal Kombat 3's updates suck.

I like the Odyessy, good role playing game,
Pitt Fighter, I like that game, ok the graphs are bad, you cant adoid a punch, and its impossble to beat if you dont cheat(And even than its a maybe if you win as you have no contuenions)

Have you guys played Pitt Fighter?? IF you like bad games this is for you lol.

ChickinMeat
i can admit that i enjoyed MK3 alot, i used to play it in the arcade a lot. that doesnt mean however that i was good! i was the worst player ever

pr1983
prince of persia sands of time, f*ck all people bought it

smash court tennis on psx, great game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.