Swords-Men/Women

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
Right, I was in the rental store and overheard a conversation going on between two ladies about Kill Bill and "the brides" sword techniques. I was amazed to here the depth of the discussion but then they went overboard by saying she could have "taken" the likes of Aragorn and Maximus in a sword fight. Ok she has the skills but she has a light samuri sword.

Who would you think would be the greatest person ever to of bore a sword in a movie? I would have to say Achilles from "Troy".

The greatest sword I have seen in a movie would have to be Excalabar (sp?) from "King Arthur"

roundisfunny
You ever seen one of those five- or six-foot long claymores like in "Braveheart"? Now THOSE seem unstoppable (given a strong enough warrior wielding it).

Mr Zero
Inigo Montoya or The Dread Pirate Roberts. (Depending if we are talking right handed or left handed.)

Cinemaddiction
http://ivansweb.www3.50megs.com/images/connors.jpg

Don't let the lisp fool you. This Frenchie's got skittles!

Mr Zero
Yeah the claymore is such a great sword that it virtually guaranteed Scotland it's Independence from English rule for the last ..oh..no, wait.. damnit.

WindDancer
The Brides sword is indeed a beauty. And she obviously wins as female warrior.

The best man to bore a sword in a movie would go to the Blind Swordsman Zatoichi.

Greatest sword on Film would go to Conan The Barbarian

Replica:

roundisfunny
Logical as always, Zero...the issue is swordfighting, not grand-scale geopolitical positioning. Just because Scotland isn't a world power doesn't mean that a guy with a Claymore couldn't bisect a mustachioed, continental wussy brandishing a flimsy rapier.

Aku
Katsumoto from the last samurai. Apart from being a spiritual icon and hero of japan. He can sure kick an ass or two with samurai weapons and ju-jitsu (martial art used by the samurai) he could kick the brides ass. And has everyone forgotten about the brides teacher in kill bill 2? He could kick everyones butt from here to Saturn or Jupiter which ever is further.

Savvy? cool

Fire
round: If I remember correctly the wussy with the rapier won it from the dude with the claymore in Rob Roy

roundisfunny
You remember it incorrectly. Rob Roy (Liam Neeson) split Archibald Cunningham (Tim Roth) right down the torso at the end.

Mr Zero
And If I remember correctly they were both wielding single handed basket hilt claymores.

Fire
Didn't mean Rob Roy I said in "Rob Roy" Tim Roth fights some other guy in the movie as well, and in that scene the other guy is wielding what looks to be a claymore.

You're right about it being "single handed basket hilt claymores" Zero.

Altho I still seem to remember that big guy in that first fight using some other kind of weapon

Aku
the yuppon gatana? looks more like a samurai version of Izayoi. And the words by the side are taken from Tenchu 3 (Live by honor, kill by stealth.)

Fire
euhm I never played Tenchu 3 so no they don't come from it since they are different. Altho if it was in Tenchu 1 they might have inspired me without me knowing it.

and the yuppon gatana is just a name I like it has nothing to do wiv the Katana. I used the name for something else in a role playing game

Aku
Still Izayoi is the best sword ever having being handed down to Tatsumaru and then taken by Rikimaru after learning that Tatsumaru had taken the life of their teacher.

Izayoi is the best sword ever.

roundisfunny
Ohhh, yeah, the first guy...Guthrie, I think his name was. Yeah, Archibald bested him, but then, Rob took him out in about three seconds. He was one of those "best-swordsman-in-the-village-which-isn't-saying-much-because-he's-easily-bested-by-the-villain-to-demonstrate-the-villain's-skill-but-then-more-easily-bested-by-the-hero-to-foreshadow-the-hero's-slight-edge-over-the-villain" fighters.

Aku
What about Sammo Hung? Hes got skills biatch mofo

chilled monkey
Very good question.

The greatest swordsman? I'd say Blade. Although Duncan MacLeod comes a close second.

Frustratingly, I can't think of many female sword fighters (I haven't seen Kill Bill). For now, I'll say Helen and Gypsy (The Twins Effect).

I'll post again if I can think of anyone else.

Aku
Women sword fighters. Groovy.

BoyScoutKevin
Maureen O'Hara.

Not having seen "Kill Bill," neither "Vol. 1" nor "Vol 2," the only woman I've seen in a film that could wield a sword as good as a man, sometimes better, was Maureen O'Hara in "Against All Flags" and "At Sword's Point."

Of course, there was Rachel Blakely, who showed she knew how to use a sword, in "Sir Arthur Conan Doyle"s the Lost World," but that was a television program.

This was also the program, where Jennifer O'Dell showed that she knew how to use a knife.

Dazzler619
Zorro

SnakeEyes
Achilles
Maximus
The Bride
Blade

Those are my top ones

Discos
Achilles from the movie TROY was giving his own fighting technique which made it much more interesting. The flying jump and stab routine worked a charm yes

You cant forget captain smally from The Muppets Treasure Island though shifty his little dibackle with Long John Silver proves he has the greatness to be in the top ranks.

Discos - even a few leaping summersaults didnt go a miss with this captain wink

Soth
The kind of sword someone has doesn't matter a whip. It's the skill with which you wield it

Red Superfly
I think The Bride could take Aragorn and Maximus pretty easily.

I mean, A & M are good and all, but The Bride would cut both of them down before they even took a swing.

rohanspear543
And I especialy like how brad pitt did all that sword fighting in troy by himself

Lord_Andres
Guys forget that Conor macloud dude, he cant fight with a sword, watch the fight scene with him and Jecob Kell in the cemetary in Highlander endgame, soooo lame I would have beaten him when I was 5, laughing out loud noob swordsman, anyway Discus if they had to fight with the stuff they used in the movies, Achilles would not have won, remeber now, he has weapons of bronze, and if he where to fight lets say Aragorn, Achilles's sword would have broken, the winner would simpli be Obi Wan from star wars he would have been able to cut all their swords of, but if you are asking who has the best skills, its very hard to say because they use all diffrent styles of sword fighting, Aragorn is my secound fav swordfighter, he is like one with the sword, I love he way of fighting, the chicks in kill bill only look so damn good because their opponts mostly are just sooo damn noobi with the sword, still Obi Van is my fav sword fighter, just look at his way of fightin in epi 1, after Quigon died, maul dude had dublesword but still obi held him off, I love the way he also swung his sword to defend his back against the dublesword

stefaan
No, i like Zhang Ziyi in Crouching Tiger or Tony Leung and Jet Li in Hero.

Soth
A samurai guy, eh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.