Is there a cure for Lupin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

weasel
hello there ppl,
ive heard that theres gonna be this really big thing in the 6th book, apparently its a tiny thing in the CoS (2nd book). my friend said tht it myt b the thing about lupin, she said tht on the 1st page of the 10th chapter (rogue bludger) in the 2nd book, lockharts teaching them a lesson abt werewolfs and how they can get cured or something!?!?!? so i reckon lupin myt get cured but im gonna look out 4 hints in the 2nd book big grin c if i find anything.
i hope someone writes summat bak lol

WEASEL stick out tongue

Orlando Bloom03
Hugh...whats Lupin?

raven guardia
^^^^ lupin is the DADA teacher...or he was.

Balzi
If Lupin was cured he could be the DADA teacher again....

weegie
Hey weasel. I told you that!
Yea, if you read the first page of the 10th chapter of the second book (blah blah) lockheart is teaching them about how he stopped this werewolf being a werewolf. He said he used this 'immensly complex Homorphus charm' and the werewolf turned back into a man 'and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks'- Lockheart

If this is true then Lupin is WRONG and he CAN stop being a werewolf and there IS a cure!

raven guardia
well first we got to considered it was lockheart who said this, lockheart is a phony and has no real idea what he is doing. and he also took the memories from other great wizards and said that he done all that great stuff. although if they found the real wizard who helped a werewolf, then lupin may have a chance. plus it may be a little hard to also get any information out of lockheart since seeing he is in St. Mungos and is insane and cant remember any thing.

megajoint
well I personally dont think this is the clue in book 2
I think its the room in the malfoy's house ander the carpet(or something like that)
this must be important
and the clue that wormtail will show up in book 6
maybe he was doing something in there (the room is in the malfoy estate so the room can be huge)
or maybe they will prison harry there later on

shaber
Lockheart's stories are all a load of pie in the sky.

In Fantastic Beasts, JKR said that "there is NO known cure for lycanthropy."

hhhhr
it's a perfect plan she knows we are going to overlook anything said by lockhart. i think it could be the clue.

Amy Black
We know Lockhart stole other people's glory. Lockhart couldn't make difference between a wolf and a werewolf.
Even though he was funny, I don't think he understood everything he said. But if he stole the story, it means that there is a spell that can be a cure for being a werewolf. But everyone would know, if that was true.

raven guardia
not necessarily, the clue or the cure could be being kept a secret by the ministry for many reasons.....or maybe the ministry does not even know about it.

Balzi
Maybe there isn't a cure yet but someone comes up with one in the next book...

tigress
i think hermione will probably find a way shes always reading i think that this would be a good project for her it would take her mind off s.p.e.w. as i think she'll probably end up a healer shes knows her potions and charms if theres a way she'll find it even more so as theyre all quite close

werewolverine
you are all wrong in the 5th book in St Mungos after Mr weasley is attacked he is telling them all about the other patients and he says" that poor chap over there, bitten by a werewolf, no cure whatso ever"
end quote!!!!
and i think the healers would know peoples!!!

celestial_moon
there might b in the last book.

pixie1
not if the only person who knew descovered it by acsident and then has his memory stolen no one but lockhart would know and lets face it hes in no shape to tell!!

weegie
exactly

megajoint
pixie1 my thought too

werewolverine
the guy would have had to make up the word and every thing
and the spell would have to change love lupins love molecules and reverse everything which would be a big spell and the guy would have to know if it works and he would have to test it and i seriosly doubt that anyone would willingly sign up for testing and the werewolf wouldnt have told him unless he absolutely had to coz they are apparently hated by all.

well i love lupin, hes my crush as well as wolverine love
r they hot!! eek! (drool)

shaber
They are lycanthropes!
eek!

weegie
Someone could find the person who origanily did the spell, break the memory charm, and find out.

The Innkeeper
Yeah but think of what other things lockhart says...he lying

But seeing as he admitted to using the stories of 'other; wizards as his own......then it can probably be done

ladygrim
kewl ... but who put the spell upon hm

angelsflame265
i don't think he'll give up that information anytime soon sad

ladygrim
god why .. sad

weegie
Lockhearts lost his memory, and only he knows who really did the spell.
I bet the ex werewolf would know tho!

ladygrim
lets cross our fingers then

pixie1
and that person wouldnt remember coz the lost there memory anyway

ladygrim
well wot a stupid thing to lose ...

pixie1
lupin took it away so he could clame his glory

ladygrim
rite

weegie
You mean lockheart, yea?
But he only changed the memory of the person who did the spell, so they would forget doing it. But the werewolf would remember someone changing him back into a werewolf, lockheart would have had to change the ex werewolfs memory so that he thought lockheart did it. so he would remember.
And anyway it would be in one of the books lockheart wrote, wouldn't it. Come on someone, read his books!

ladygrim
smile rite

weegie
I still think this is an impotant thing to think about. Why would Jk put lockheart saying this in the books.

pixie1
i doubt the warewoolf would remember wot the incantation was ,he was prolly in pain from the incantation (i doubt it would be painless) and then then lockhearts memory charm to make him think that he did it
would prolly make it difficult to remember

mrs.seanastin14
i dont really no if there actually is a cure for lupin but if there was wouldnt hermione no cuz like she was there when he was saying there was a cure, rite? and plus she knows like everything so i dont think there is a cure, sadly!!!!!!! sad

ladygrim
but n some werewolf things the cure is to kill the creature that bit you and passed there cursed on so mayb ... this could work for luppin

mrs.seanastin14
that makes sense. hopefully it'll work!!!!!!!! smile

impatientinky
k, i don't really know how to write this down cause i don't remember what was said and If it was said but i somehow seem to remember that when they explained about lupin having to take this potion everytime full moon comes that the reason for him having to take the potion is that he was bitten before a cure (or something closer to a cure anyway) was invented. didn't they say something similiar to 'poeple who were bitten now could be cured' or at least that there is a better alternative now to taking that potion? but since i do clearly remember the hospital part where they said there isn't a cure and how lupin tried to comfort the man/werewolf, what i said above makes no sense. i just thought i'ld write this down in case there's someone that does remember more than me about the part where it was explained how lupin had to take his potion and stuff. i just got done rereading book one and am about to start book 2. so it'll be a while till i get to that part but i'm gonna pay extra attention.
bianca
hope that wasn't too long or confusing

ladygrim
smile

weegie
They have never said there was a cure.
I think what you are talking about is not a cure, its about the potion. they said that the potion was taken to make his transformations easier because they're was no cure. Also the potion wasn't invented when he first got the bite so his transformations in the early years were terrible.
And hermione wouldn't know, to everyone in the wizarding world a cure doesn't exit. J K has said this lots of times.
So what i don't get is, why did J K in the second book mention a cure, but by the third, no cure exists?!?!?

Amy Black
I think there must be a cure. Lupin is the embodiment of kindness, he deserves to see the full moon as a human. (Oh, God, that's nice, isn't it?) I guess someone might invent the cure in one of the future books. (Hope so!)

ladygrim
bandevil not sur emayb she forgot or leaving it to a relavent time

impatientinky
yeah, i guess that must be what i was thinking of. it was the potion that was invented after he was bitten. i knew there wasn't a cure cause like i said i do remember the hospital part and the fact that lupin isn't cured is also a pretty good sign that there isn't a cure smile. plus, like so many of you have said, jk said there is no cure. it's just that i knew they had said something about lupin being bitten before something was invented. i can't believe i didn't remember it more clearly or at least that it was the potion i was thinking of all along. very bad memory....lol. anyway, sorry for rembling on and thanks weegie for that answer!!

impatientinky
i think lupin being a werewolf is probably gonna get another big part in the upcoming book(s)....at least i hope. he might transform again in an unexpected or helpful way. with all that's going on right now he might forget or be to busy or even be in a position where he isn't able to take his potion. i dunno. but maybe not, since that would be too similar to the end of book 3. he might die and we wouldn't feel sorry for him being a werewolf anymore, we'ld be too sad that he's dead. but sirius and james are already dead....lupin should live. sorry, rambling on again. it's just i have so many theories, new ones keep popping up, and then when i write it down it doesn't sound right and i keep changing my mind. but since the boards are so quiet these days i'll just keep writing smile
bianca

mrs.seanastin14
quit reminding me that sirius is dead!!!!!!!! no sad it hurts me to dang much!!!!!!! *cmfao!!! sad *

impatientinky
sorrysad and i'm with you on that !! *starts crying her fao sad sad sad *

ladygrim
another major role for lupin sounds good ... smile

mrs.seanastin14
yeh, definately!!!!!!!!!

werewolverine
pettigrew vs. lupin in book6or7. why would a silver hand be significant?...and i reckon pettigrew will force him into moonlight to make fun of him in froint of da other death eaters and he'll kill pettigrew. i hope lupin won't die sad
i looove him...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.