Plans before death....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imperial_Samura
So, there are many lists out there, 100 movies to see, 100 things to do, 100 foods to eat etc - before you die. Apparently a group of English scientists have composed there own list of things to do before the big sleep, like solving 5 unsolvable mathematical problems (each worth a million dollars), achieving a multiple orgasm (scientists? Go figure) and so on. Heres an article about it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/life/news/story/0,12976,1361763,00.html

Thoughts? Or does any body else have interesting things to do before they die.....

Beyond Image
....let me see:

1-write my own obituary
2-supervise a list of mourners
3-choose a song for the whole congregation to hear
4-pick a pair of five hundred dollar alligator shoes
5-be buried with apple seeds in my dirt.

eleveninches
I got the full list of it in a magazine a few weeks ago.

Storm
Live my life to the fullest. That' s all.

shugie99
I want to visit each continent

jacleflur
I am new here, and I really liked this post....

I want to see the 7 wonders of the world before I die....

Also, I want to write a novel about my life...I tried to start once, but it was alot harder than I thought...I will get around to it again!

Jacleflur

WindDancer
There are quite a lot of things I want to do before I go. Here a couple:

I would really like to throw the first pitch in a Baseball game before I die.

It would be nice to visit Jerusalem before I die.

Jackie Malfoy
Such a sad thing to think about but ok.Before I die I want to get one of my books published and take care of my stepfather once and for.And get back all the people who I don't like.
and I guess that is it.JM Oh and spend time with my twin sister who I know would be the only one who would miss me if I die,JM

jango fatt
That'll be kinda difficult.Some of the 7 wonders don't exist anymore;

like: The collossus of Rhodos.

The hanging gardens of babylon.

The mausoleum of Halcarnassus.

The lighthouse at Alexandria.

The statue of Zeus.

And some other temple(that i can't remember)

That leaves only one : the piramids of Giza.

Mr Zero
Some? ALL but one.

jango fatt
Yes you're right.But i edited my post.

Mr Zero
way to make me look like a dick. Cheers!

ash007
well get married then have children then see my grandchildren

liltiggasmootay
Was that a cry for attention??? u just had to add the fact that no one would care about u if u died. your full of it, u have parents and everything that i hear u talk about in other forums

Dwarfdude
....Kill JM....Naw, not really....Well maybe.....but thats not the point of this reply.

Why is everyone who is alive obsessed with death? "Oh, I really wanna do this before I die....", thats all I seem to hear these days. Frankly, I dont know what I want to do. I dont know, nor do I want to know. If you guys are worrying about death, and you arent over 50, then you needs to calm down and let nature tajkes its course. I dont want to know about my future (except that Social Sercurity will still be there). I live day to day, moment to moment, choice to choice, and see where it takes me.

Falling4Daniel_
Nobody has real plans before death because they dont know when they may die, unless they've been sentenced to death or are suffering with something. You or I may die tomorrow so we cant actually make any real plans...

WindDancer
Actually Falling4Daniel when people say plans that kinda means goals in life. There are people that want to get a proffesion and live a normal life before they die. Plans sometimes imply goals in life.

Imperial_Samura
True, true. I don't think its meant to be a depressing subject, just nice things, events, achievements sights and such that one would like to do and see in their lifetime. I, for example have always been an avid traveler, and while I don't plan on shuffling of the mortal coil anytime soon, I know there would be a number of place I would like to visit in my life time, along with other things I would like to do. Including seeing Galileo's finger. Heheh. And you need to look on the bright side of life JM, dream and hope, I am sure there are many people who would miss you, but this shouldn't really be a sad subject... just one of dreams and aspirations....

The Omega
Imperial_Samurai>"achieving a multiple orgasm (scientists? Go figure)"

HEY! I resent that! Why shouldn't we have fun as well? wink

shaber
I don't believe I made any plans.

eleveninches
Things I want to do:
Travel the world (id rather go on a one day visit to a different city each month than go on a 7-14 day holiday in the summer).
See the pyramids,
Go into space,
Learn to fly a plane,
be happy

Things to do after I die:
be cremated
have some of my ashes flown into space
have the rest turned into diamond.

silver_tears
Aren't there 7 modern wonders of the world confused

I have a big list of things to do happy
First the obvious choice, travel laughing out loud to a bunch of different places....
I wanna get a book published embarrasment something like a corny romance novel embarrasmentembarrasment
I wanna go sky diving, cause Im very afraid of heights yes
And I wanna at one point in my life live in New York City near central park love

Corran
I have an extensive things to do list that I have had since I was younger, I have added to this as things have come to my attention that I would like to do - I have crossed many things of that I have done, here are some that are left:-

Go Skiing/snowboarding
Do a parachute jump/skydive
Visit all inhabited continents (one left big grin)
Learn to Scuba dive
See Whales
See Sharks in the wild
Learn to Water Ski
Go to football European finals Game
Go to football World cup finals Game
Go to Cricket test
Get Golf handicap to below 20
Visit at least one place, outside of this country beginning with each Letter of the alphabet

There are many others but some I'm not going to list stick out tongue

eleveninches
Before I die, I want to gain true immortallity

peterKSL
before I die, I will want to be with my love.. that is all I wish..

Aku
Re-unite Rage Against The Machine

finti
live

Aku
Theres no point in this anyway becuase once your dead you wont remember it and you cant say "atleast I lived a decent life" coz you wont remember it when ya dead. People have real difficulty realizing that you dont remember anything when your dead.

finti
do you talk out of experience?

Jackie Malfoy
I have a few.

Get one of my books published
Spend time with my family
Get my stepfather out of my mom's life
If possible get my mom and dad married again!
Spend time with my boyfriend!(Wink)

and that is it for now.JM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.