The Postal Service

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
I can't believe there wasn't a thread on The Postal Service before.

If only they were more than a side project...they have some of the greatest pop melodies and lyrics of the past decade. It has the singer of Death Cab For Cutie if you know who that is.

Yeah i love the postal service, "The district will sleep tonight" and "Such great heights" are two of the best songs i've ever heard.

ElectricBugaloo
Too bad they might not do another album

SnakeEyes
I have only heard the song Nothing Better... but i liked it

Alpha Centauri
I prefer Death Cab for Cutie but I think The Postal Service are quite good.

-AC

Df02
i wasnt* a huge fan of Death Cab For Cutie, but The Postal Service definately are amazing thumb up

*EDIT: sorry, 'im not' a huge fan...dont know why i put 'wasnt' lol confused

MildPossession
<---- Likes The Postal Service.

SnakeEyes
cool

Imaginary
I like Deathcab, never heard the Postal Service though.

ScarFace Clone
The Postal Service always make me cry when I listen to them.

So, pretty much.
Cut my wrists
and black my eyes.

Afro Cheese
...that's Hawthorne Heights, not The Postal Service.

Victor Von Doom
I ordered a CD over a week ago and I still haven't received it.

They need to buck up their ideas.

Df02
Originally posted by ScarFace Clone
The Postal Service always make me cry when I listen to them.

So, pretty much.
Cut my wrists
and black my eyes.

and theyre such generic lyrics it hurts... hawthorne heights make me cry in frustration

SeptemberRain
Originally posted by ElectricBugaloo
I can't believe there wasn't a thread on The Postal Service before.

If only they were more than a side project...they have some of the greatest pop melodies and lyrics of the past decade. It has the singer of Death Cab For Cutie if you know who that is.

I think both bands are really good big grin

RedAlertv2
Ive never listened to Death Cab but Postal Service seems cool

Reckoning
This is about two years too late. They boomed a while back. Not to discredit them, but the novelty has worn off.

RedAlertv2
Ive listened to a lot of Postal Service/ Death Cab and I like both of them, but I prefer Death Cab. Postal Service is definitely cool though. I love the intro to "Such Great Heights".

Solo
The Postal Service is awesome, hopefully they'll release an EP or LP sometime soon.

papabeard
I love the Postal Service, amazing pop music, some of the best ive ever heard, I like every song of theirs ive heard, which for me is unusual. The lyrics are some of the best ive heard also, clever, original, funny and touching.

Has anyone heard the cover of Against All Odds it works magic on the vile Phil Collins song, and makes it actually good.

I prefer TPS to both Bright Eyes and DeathCab

Cant believe they wont do another album. Lets start a petition.

What is everyones favourite Postal Service song?

Mine would be either The District Sleeps Alone Tonight, Sleeping In, the one with the lyrics, "I'll be the fire escape thats bolted to the ancient brick where you will sit and contemplate your day ( genius)"

Lord Nauj
OMG your kidding not another album there like my favorite group , Im sad know sad

Yes lets start a petition

Solo
There seriously needs to be a new album soon.

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by Solo
There seriously needs to be a new album soon. Are you even sure they are going to do another album at all?

Imaginary
There may be, Ben Gibbard probably won't be too involved with Death Cab after they finish touring for Plans.

Solo
I was lucky enough to catch their tour this year, amazing.

papabeard
Thas a Pinkerton av right?

Solo
Yep.

Punkyhermy
They make beautiful music. smile

.Dance_Inside.
I love the Postal Service, I'm more a fan of Death Cab For Cuties sound, but I still so enjoy listening to TPS

Solo
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
I love the Postal Service, I'm more a fan of Death Cab For Cuties sound, but I still so enjoy listening to TPS
Well, yeah. Death Cab has a shit load of albums while The Postal Service has one.

Both are amazing, though.

papabeard
Death Cab are better live than on record, their recorded sound is too polished.

barbarossa
Well. I have TPS on my Comp because my Ex is a huge fan. I definitely think they are alright. I like Such Great Heights, but I have my own reasons for that. wink

Matrix_4_ever
Postal Service is amazing and they have infact began work on there second LP! big grin Im stoked.
http://www.andpop.com/article/6253

papabeard
Amazing, cheers for the info.

Smallville
It's kind of hard to describe the Postal Services type of music. I mean, they are definately great. Very talented. But, they are like an emo-electronica-ambient... something or other.

Very different, very talented, big thumbs up. Even my fiance likes them. And she is particular about what music she listens to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.