Ill Nino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AcrypT
Now I've heard plenty of people talk about plenty of bands that I know and plenty of bands that I don't. The thing is I never heard anyone mention Ill Nino...Never!
Could it be that such a good band isn't as know as I would have thought or does no one have anything to say about them?

I'm currently obsessed with them, I got their two discs from a friend for my B-day two days ago and they've been playing ever since, they're just...oh words can't describe how much I like them. I'm not usualy like this with music but Ill Nino are something els.

confused I wen't into how much I like them more than I planned roll eyes (sarcastic)

Have you ever heard of Ill Nino? By god's hand... if you don't know them then I'll make you know them!

Ok so basicly, your thoughts, opinions or whatever els you have to say about the band.

SlipknoT
Well The songs that I have heard I dont really like

ElectricBugaloo
Eh, not my cup of tea as they say.

I used to like 'em, but I grew out of that phase, thankfully.

AcrypT
That's dissapointing but hey not your cup of tea, nothing to do about that.
And here I was thinking that a slipknot fan would like Ill Nino...I guess not.
It's realy hard for me to believe that no one likes them...sad sad

Deathblow
I remember I went to a show in Portland (sick) which Drowning Pool and Coal Chamber opened. It was all pretty standard stuff, but then Ill Nino came on with all these flamenco dancers and Spanish guitars, and just rocked the stage for like an hour solid. Making Dave Williams and Dez Fafara sound tame by comparison ain't an easy task, but somehow Ill Nino did it. They reminded me a little of Slipknot, what with the extra percussion and what not, but better.

Good band thumb up

AcrypT
Good man!
you restored my faith in humanity!

So it's not just me who think they make Slipknot look like little pupets besid them!
I'm not saying that Slipknot suck, on the contrary, I like slipknot but they're just no where close to the level of Ill Nino.
Deathblow, you'r amoung the only people I've heard who openly like Deftones, you backed me up on Ill Nino...If I was a chick...wink

well anyway, it's been 2 years since the first time i heard them and that was by my friend (the one who bought me the discs). I've gradualy loved them more and more and no one els I talked to has heard of them till now!

Deathblow
Don't I just take the cake flirt1

The only song of theirs I really dislike is This Time's For Real. I know it was just a catchy single to get them some radio play, but it's real annoying messed

AcrypT
Yea it's defenetly not their best song...it's ok though.
I could only whish they would play anything like Ill nino on the radio or TV over here (Israel), there's nothing but crap for music over here.

SlipknoT
II really doubt they could ot stage Slipknot

Myth
I've seen them both in concert.
Slipknot = Sucks
Ill Nino = Sucks

However, Slipknot was entertaining with the exception of their crappy music so:
Slipknot > Ill Nino

Fearnix
Ill Nino are Ok but nothing great

AcrypT
I'm gonna asume you were temporeraly insane and ignore what you just said.

Deathblow
Musically, Ill Nino kill Slipknot. Most bands do in fact.

Live, Slipknot are better, but not by a huge margin.

Anyway, they sound nothing alike, so it's a shitty comparison.

Myth
I wasn't the one who started the comparison. I just gave my opinion on who is better and what I think of them individually.

Deathblow
I know I didn't say it was.

Myth
Acrypt was the first person to mention Slipknot.

loserib
ive seen them four times but im not really into them

AcrypT
To bad I started this thread... tomato
Just a head ache and me being accused for comparing slipknot and Ill Nino.
Well I guess I'll just have to stay their only fan and that'll have to be enough to keep me happy. Anyone have a problem with me liking them can go suck a fart! glare

Myth
I have no problem with you liking them. I just don't like them myself. Samething with Slipknot (the member). He can like his band and I have no problem with that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.