Sam Raimi Still Up for Spider-Man 4?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Sam Raimi Still Up for Spider-Man 4?
Source: USA Today
December 2, 2004

It was generally believed that Spider-Man series director Sam Raimi was saying goodbye to the franchise after the third film, but USA Today notes that a fourth film comes up in the commentary on the Spider-Man 2 DVD.

Sony Pictures has plans for three more sequels, but Raimi is not signed on for the fourth movie. "If I have the same passion after this (Spider-Man 3), I would love to direct (No. 4) and hope they would ask me."

Let's hope that passion stays...

*edit*

Actually this one is on Spider-Man 4 embarrasment
Anyway please close this if neccessary, I just wanted to let people know there is still hope after the darkness. (sorry about the extra thread but I just didn't know where to post this embarrasment )

The Ones
quite cool. lets hope he does 2 trilogys about spider-man and NOT SCREW THEM UP!!

TheFilmProphet
Yeah me too!

I'm pretty confident in Raimi's ability to deliver a great and faithful Spidey film though.

Havoc470
i love sam raimi's take on spiderman, i hope he just goes as far as 3 or 4 movies, if he has the passion then sure by all means take a crack at a fifth, would'nt it be the longest running movie with just one solid director?

Paola
Proph: private means private

great news! shifty

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I don't have any complaints either just as long as its Sam making the films.

Although its also the choice of the studio whether or not they want Sam to make a 4th or 5th Spidey film. He himself said in an interview once for Wizard magazine a few months back that they might want a freash new look on the films and by doing so replacing him. If Spidey keeps making 300+ million at the box offfice they probably won't want to get rid of him though.

TheFilmProphet
Sorry Paola embarrasment

Please forgive me http://www.gifowisko.neostrada.pl/love_pliki/image009.gif

Havoc470
good point, or maybe he'll have the urge to work on another superhero movie, that would be great imo, i'd love to see evil dead re-makes lol

TheFilmProphet
Yeah as much as I love Spidey I wouldn't mind seeing 1 or 2 Evil Dead films by Raimi and Bruce after the third Spidey, maybe Evil Dead 4. evil face

Anyway there is more than enough characters to keep the Spidey franchise going, but its also a question of whether or not the cast will still be willing to come back after the third film.

MornGlory
i heard that Spider Man 3 doesnt come out till 2008

why are you talking about Spider man 4 already

TheFilmProphet
Actually its going to be released May 2007

Were talking about Spider-Man 4 now because we just found out that Raimi might still direct it after saying he probably wouldn't.

BlackC@t
There better be a four or heads are rolling! furious

I love Sam's Spidey movies, I hope he goes further then the third.

TheFilmProphet
Same here mad

It's all Sam's choice at this point, hopefully when Spidey 3 is released and it breaks more box office records he will decide to make one more.

Hopefully sad

Paola
laughing out loud but of course! that duck is sweet!!

TheFilmProphet
Just like you smokin'

Paola
not as sweet but thanx! flowers

Mainstream
If he fights Venom in Spider Man 3, who do you think he'd fight in Spider man 4? I hope he fights more than just one person. I think Sandman and Electro could be great choices, though they may prove too costly to be in one movie together

Endenkton
As long as Sam Raimi is directing you can kiss all hopes of seeing Venom good bye.He hates Venom big grin

TheFilmProphet
Don't say that! weep

How about this? http://www.gifowisko.neostrada.pl/love_pliki/image007.gif

Endenkton
Sorry dude but its true.Raimi loves the classic bad guys.

He wouldnt have Venom in one of his movies.No way.He cant stand him.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah and its actually a proven fact now. sad

He is only going to use classic characters as long as he is making these films.

Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Connors/Lizard

Its a pattern already. wink

Mainstream
Vemon is the coolest, but if they're going to make up to Five spidey movies, Vemon can wait.

TheFilmProphet
Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Just picturing the symbiote sneeking around on screen brings out the inner fan boy in me. big grin

TheFilmProphet
Raimi on Spider-Man 3 & More Sequels
Source: Costco Connection
December 14, 2004

"Spider-Man" franchise director Sam Raimi talked to the Costco Connection, the magazine for the store, about Spider-Man 3 and a possible fourth film. Here's clips from the interview:

CC: We hear that you and your brother have been working on the story for Spider-Man 3. The sense you get toward the end of Spider-Man 2 is that Peter and Harry Osborn will face off in the third. Is that a fair assumption?
SR: (laughing) I can't tell you that!

CC: I knew you'd say that. Well, what can you tell us?
SR: I can't tell you anything. I've been sworn to secrecy. All I can tell you is that we're going to see the next progression in the growth of Peter Parker as a human being. He's really just a boy, on his way to becoming a responsible young man. He still has a lifetime of lessons in front of him.

CC: Will you be hanging up your mask after Spider-Man 3, or will you keep making more of these films?
SR: I never know if they're going to want me for another one. But if the studio did make a part four, and if they'd ask me, I'd be thrilled to do it.

Red Superfly
Actually, Venom would be the perfect bad guy to end the Quadrilogy.

He could at least set up Eddie Brock's downfall in 3, then he could go either way with Venom in 4.

If there is to be a 4 - Venom should be the villain to end it all I think.

Green Goblin started it, he was Spidey's Arch Nemesis. Venom should end it, as he is Spidey's alter ego.

lukester
This guys saying what i'm thinking!

ebosian
I think Sam Raimi has the drive and passion. I know he is a stickler for the classic villians, but would love to see him deviate for SM4 and go with Venom. Maybe fans could sway him to go with the newer villian in SM4 if he takes the director's chair.

I think Sony pushed back its goal of 6 movies due to revalations of not having continuous actors.

TheFilmProphet
I agree cool

doctorstrongbad
Yeah i heard he is going to make like 6 movies.

TheFilmProphet
Actually there has been rumors of 6-7 films being planned in the past, but not of Sam being involved with that many films. I doubt Sam is going to and or willing to direct 6 Spider-Man films. Although I do think a 4th is a definite possibility depending on how he feels after the 3rd.

doctorstrongbad
Yeah if the do make 6 films they could do every member of the sinister six. smile

TheFilmProphet
Maybe, but most likely it will only be a few members of the group that will end up being featured.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Maybe, but most likely it will only be a few members of the group that will end up being featured.

Well it would be cool to have 6 movies with 6 different villains. smile

TheFilmProphet
Well if Green Goblin doesn't end up being featured in Spidey 3 or 4 then maybe it can still happen.

doctorstrongbad
I think its the Lizard in part 3 and who knows for part 4? It could still happen.

TheFilmProphet
People are pretty in favor of Venom in Spidey 4, but it could be an unexpected character that lands the spot of the villain.

doctorstrongbad
People are pretty in favor of Venom in Spidey 4, but it could be an unexpected character that lands the spot of the villain.

I like venom but I hope they do the story right. Eddie brock should be in part 3 if they want venom in part 4.

TheFilmProphet
I agree exactly,

doctorstrongbad
If they do end up making several movies they could give venom plenty of back story. He could be a villain in one movie and maybe a hero in the next one.

TheFilmProphet
Do you mean his own film after a main role in a Spidey film?

doctorstrongbad
Yes that could work.

TheFilmProphet
They actually planned for that for about 5 years, but then they stopped all the plans. Perhaps an appearance in a Spidey film would reignite plans and production.

doctorstrongbad
Im sure it wouldn't hurt.

TheFilmProphet
It all depends. If we end up seeing a very popular Venom in a extremely successful Spider-Man 3 or 4 then we might just see a spinoff franchise after Spidey is all said and done.

badsymbiote
They actually planned for that for about 5 years, but then they stopped all the plans. Perhaps an appearance in a Spidey film would reignite plans and production.

Yeah, they should stop teasing us, at least. Sounds like you read the same article that I did, Prophet. I remember that a screenplay had already been written, and it was done so by a guy who admittedly wasn't terribly fond of the character--which irked me.

But after hearing about plans to bring Venom to the big screen for more than 3 or 4 years now, I'm not exactly holding my breath.
I remember being so excited when I first heard they were making an X-Men movie--but it took them like 6 years to start production. By then, my excitement had waned quite a bit.

TheFilmProphet
I feel exactly the same way about it badsymbiote. I was thinking about creating a "Venom Movie Thread" where I could post all of the information I have on it. Although since the movie is not currently actively in production I wasn't sure anyone would be interested, what do you think?

doctorstrongbad
There does seem to be a lot of hype about a venom movie. They would have to introduce him as a villain in a spiderman movie and then turn him into a hero. Then he could have his own film.

TheFilmProphet
I agree, and thats why after New Line Cinema lost the rights to a Venom film Marvel kept them in reserve most likely waiting to have him be introduced in a Spider-Man film first.

badsymbiote
I think there is no better candidate than you to create the thread. Venom seems to be generating plenty of interest as far as I'm concerned. In the last six months or so, I've gotten messages and E-mails from probably 50 people who found me through the internet (asking me questions about the character, asking for pictures and opinions, or expressing gratitude for my praise of their work). The interest is there...if you would be willing to do it, that would be great.

If the Venom movie happens to be Spidey3, then so be it. I know you'd keep us informed either way.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Endenkton
Sorry dude but its true.Raimi loves the classic bad guys.

He wouldnt have Venom in one of his movies.No way.He cant stand him.

I think it will be the lizard in part 3 and I'm hoping either Electro or the Sandman for part 4. That way can hopefully lead up to the sinister six. That would be an awesome movie.

TheFilmProphet
It would certainly be an interesting possibility....

doctorstrongbad
It would certainly be an interesting possibility....

Well it would be a nice change from the one villain per movie rule they have so far. I know it sounds strange but it could work.

TheFilmProphet
The only way something like that could be done is if Sam Raimi helmed the project.

Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
I think it will be the lizard in part 3 and I'm hoping either Electro or the Sandman for part 4.

Judging by the latest rumors it seems that Sandman might actually be in Spider-Man 3 instead and I have my doubts about Electro.

Wolfie
Screw Spider-Man 4, bring us Evil Dead 4!

doctorstrongbad
The sandman is a great villain as long as they do a good background story the movie should rock. They can make him kinda like the villain in terminator 2. You punch him and it goes thru him. When he punches you watch out its rock hard.

TheFilmProphet
I agree the Sandman is a great villain with plenty of ways that his character can be used in the film. Although honestly, if Spider-Man 3 were Raimi's last Spidey film then I would be disppointed with the choice.

Originally posted by Wolfie
Screw Spider-Man 4, bring us Evil Dead 4!

lol, we will have to see what Raimi's next move is after Spider-Man 3 is released.

Wolfie
Yeah, well, after seeing the morgue Doc Ock scene in Spidey 2, you can see that Raimi still has some Evil Dead in him to fish out.

TheFilmProphet
I agree, filmmakers often return to where they originally started or to the type of film they love the most. (ex. Steven Spielberg is returning to what originally gave him his fame in the first place with his next "alien" film)

doctorstrongbad
Although honestly, if Spider-Man 3 were Raimi's last Spidey film then I would be disppointed with the choice.

lol, we will have to see what Raimi's next move is after Spider-Man 3 is released.

Well The first 2 movies were awesome so I'm sure part 3 will be great. If it is the last movie they will go all out for the trilogy effect. I would love to see a part 4. I'm hoping they do the star wars ... 2 trilogies that work together, but without the jar jar binks. lol

TheFilmProphet
lol, but seriously another SW type franchise wouldn't be bad at all. It seems the Spider-Man franchise is headed in the same direction with the first two films grossing more than $370 million and as we all know each film in the SW franchise so far has grossed $290 million or more.

Note: All Domestically

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.