Prof. X vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
footballOh. Thor has his Godforce.
Prof. X his telepathy. Now in the orig. Dark Phoenix saga he sent her packing allthough it almost killed him. He can be very convincing.
She is alike a god.
So can Chuck take down Thor or not.

uQifg2WV
I'd go with Xavier. Hasn't he stopped the Beyonder.

Cosmo Kramer
Proffessor Xavior: Why must we fight?
Cap America: Its the American way...tackle him!
Thor: Pathetic...im attacking a cripple.
Proffessor Xavior: I am in your mind!
Thor smashes Xavior with his hammer...the end.

crazy
xavier is so underrated on these forums

jinzin
didn't this already happen?
cough(onslaught)couch
X could have thor braidin his goldy locks in no time.

Cosmo Kramer
I would hate being in a room with Xavior that would be very awkward

clickclick
Is Prof X strong enough to control Thor? Onslaught wasnt simply prof X so I cant use that as a gauge but if X is strong enough then no Thor wont touch him with that hammer. Instead he would be licking his boots or something.

Cosmo Kramer
oh

joesha28
Come on guys we are talking abt Thor who burst through Onslaught and physically removed Xavier from the villain.

Thor wins this.

clickclick
I would think that Thor wins because I would assume Xaxier can not control him but is there any proof?

jinzin
Hell even if X couldn't contol thor he could just assume control of hundreds of mutants or maybe just he hulk and have them attack thor. I really don't think that thor can mess with x.....hahaha and "licking his boots! "I love it.

FrothByte
prof x is powerful, but still has limitations. he needs to concentrate. if thor made a lightning storm around charles with all wind and rain and lightning pouring down, prof x wouldn't be able to concentrate fast enuf in the few seconds that thor needs to clonk out charles.

Mainstream
Professor X could beat Thor's Asgard butt. All he has to is controll a thosand mutants minds to tackle the so called mighty Thor

Mainstream
Thor sucks! Professor X rocks! Professor X wins Nuff said

clickclick
If Xavier had a tk shield itd make it easier. If he tried to get more mutants he wouldnt be able to protect himself for the time being. Plus he doesnt actually have that kind of range anyway, not without cerebro.

uQifg2WV
To answer my question: Hasn't Xavier stopped the Beyonder? I'm not sure, but a friend, so I don't no if its was true, or if he was speaking from his ass. Can someone tell me if this is true or not?

uQifg2WV
*But a friend told me. Sorry, I completely forget to type that part.

Maelstrom
Xavier may have dreamt he stopped the beyonder. Big wiff.

Mr. BBBumper
The trolls are here. NOW!

SupremeMan
Thor only has to resist Xavier for a fraction of a second, long enough for one attack. Plus this is Odinforce Thor? blink

xJLxKing
xavier wins in a second

Naija boy
lightning bolt. the end

EvilTyrant
Professor X's mind will overpower Thor's, i'm pretty sure he had Gladiator kneeling to him. Gladiator was helpless against his attack.

Priest
Thor wins.

D_Dude1210
If beating Thor thru TP was so easy, Loki would have done it a long time ago.

Thor wins.

Wild Shadow
the minute the mental battle starts which Xavie should win once he gets past his mental barriers of will power and rage. thor would have already struck his hammer for a lightling strike.

thor ftw.

wannabe
Xavier says good by to his corporeal life, becomes a being of pure mental energy (like shadowking, but a tad stronger and more skilled) and has all the time to mind rape Thor ... or something like this big grin

basilisk
Moondragon controlled Thor, Captain America, Iron Man etc rather easily a few times, even without the mind gem. But an enraged Thor could not be stopped like that in Blood and Thunder.

In the Secret Wars Illuminati issue it showed the assembled heroes and villains at the beginning of the war and Xavier said that he could have put them all to sleep with "one psychic command". Thor was shown there. On the other hand maybe Xavier was overestimating himself because so was Ultron, Magneto, Doom, Molecule Man... and Galactus.

An enraged Thor would probably win. Normal calm Thor probably not.

wannabe
If a Telepath, even an extremely strong one, would be stupid enough to try and bluntly mind control an enraged powerhouse (like it often happens in the comics), he/she can't be helped. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But luckyly there are more clever and subtle mental tactics against which madness and fury does not shield:
- illusions, especially when playing along the current mental state of the target
- pulling astral forms to the astral plane
- disrupt connection between central nervous system and muscles
- overloading nervous system with psychic energy

Kris Blaze
Rachel wasn't able to get Thor with a psychic bolt in time. Who's to say Xavier would have the time?

wannabe
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Rachel wasn't able to get Thor with a psychic bolt in time. Who's to say Xavier would have the time?
So? Mental Bolts are not the only way to beat him.

In my book it would be the most clever tactic for a telepath to start with a simple and very low invasive illusion which simply offsets the powerhouses targeting, thus buying enough time and leaving enough energy to try several other, more severe methods of getting him down.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by wannabe
So? Mental Bolts are not the only way to beat him.

In my book it would be the most clever tactic for a telepath to start with a simple and very low invasive illusion which simply offsets the powerhouses targeting, thus buying enough time and leaving enough energy to try several other, more severe methods of getting him down.

How's this gonna help? Rachel's mental bolts are at least as formidable and "fast" as Xavier's by his own admission. Xavier wasn't able to react by the time she pulled off several.

Like I said, any kind of attack from Thor = End.

chomperx9
xavier makes thor throw mjolnir out into space

wannabe
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
How's this gonna help? Rachel's mental bolts are at least as formidable and "fast" as Xavier's by his own admission. Xavier wasn't able to react by the time she pulled off several.

Like I said, any kind of attack from Thor = End.
???

I didn't question Rachel's mental bolts AT ALL. On the contrary, i acknowledged their might by letting this tactic drop for Xavier, assuming he couldn't come up with better ones, and proposing another strategy.
Read my two previous posts thoroughly this time and your question will answer itself ... always assuming Xavier has reaction times at least as fast as Thor's (which according to you he hasn't), otherwise the norse god will obviously win with his first strike.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by wannabe
???

I didn't question Rachel's mental bolts AT ALL. On the contrary, i acknowledged their might by letting this tactic drop for Xavier, assuming he couldn't come up with better ones, and proposing another strategy.
Read my two previous posts thoroughly this time and your question will answer itself ... always assuming Xavier has reaction times at least as fast as Thor's (which according to you he hasn't), otherwise the norse god will obviously win with his first strike.

I understand the concept of using other methods to defeat Thor.

My point was that if Thor can fire off an attack before Rachel's mental bolt lands, Xavier won't be able to do much.

Nighty101
I can't believe you all! I mean honestly... you aren't real fans... no I love Prof X.... he is amazing.... he is the creator of so many groups his most famous the AWESOME X-Men... but Thor would win. There is a reason he can't beat the Juggernaut or Magneto. HELMETS!!! The guy is handicapped so he couldn't get it off and Thor always wears that weird helmet to cover his outrageously long hair.... I can see it now in an interview
News man: I love your hair... what shampoo do you use?
Thor: Loreal ... because I'm worth it!
lmao.... but the Prof could never get the helmet off and without taking it off couldn't use his telepathy. Now if he had Nightcrawler or Logan or ONE of the X-Men with him it would work. But by himself?
PROF: (unfortunately) SCREWED

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.