Mormon- cult?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bad-woman
I have some friends trying to get me to go to their mormon church.I know about their strange longjohn underwear with freemason markings on the left and right chest.Can any one give me more info?

LanİeWindu™
roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's not about Long-John Underwear or anything, my cousins are all Mormon, they are as normal as can be.

Except they have a weird religion, it's a bit unorthodox in my eyes.

bad-woman
I also know about the temple rights,very odd,and when you ask them a question about there religion they get very evasive? And whats normal about wearing two pairs of undies in 95 degree heat?

Gregory
Yeh, they're very secrative. That's why they put their beliefs and scriptures online for anyone to read.

LanİeWindu™
Their religion is based on this guy supposedly finding some ancient text here in America about Jesus and God, he didn't have any proof of his findings except his own word, people believed him and the rest is history.

I'm not saying anything bad about Mormons, or anything.

Who knows, maybe that guy did find something.

BackFire
It's not a cult, just stupid.

LanİeWindu™
laughing out loud

Gregory
BackFire's hit the nail on the head. And now that I think about it, it's the Mormons who are best known for preaching door to door. Secrative? A lot of people's main complaint about the Mormons is that they won't shut up about their religion.

bad-woman
I also know that they are not aloud to talk about the temple rites.and if they tell people what goes on in the temple that they will die!!NO KIDDING!!!

Gregory
I'm sure you're not kidding, but frankly, it sounds like you're getting your information from very dubious sources.

LanİeWindu™
That's a lie.

My uncle who is a Mormon Elder tells me what goes on. It's just like any other church, except with different bibles.

Mr Zero
Dont Mormons like to celebrate the birth of jesus by kicking each other in the crotch?

bad-woman
Ya try asking the missionary's about their temple undies,They just freak out when you say that ,Try that some time! The missionary's are also wearing the underwear.

bad-woman
IM NOT KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam_PoE
"Joseph Smith Was Called a Prophet" from the South Park episode, "All About the Mormons":

Joseph Smith was called a prophet
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

He started the Mormon religion
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Many people believed Joseph
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

And that night he-ee saw an angel
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

He found the stones and golden plates
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Even though nobody else ever saw them
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

And that's how the Book of Mormon was written
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Dumb dadumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
Dumb dadumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
Dahumb dahumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
Dumb dumb dumb dumb duuumb, duuumb

Martin went home to his wife
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

And showed her pages from the Book of Mormon
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Lucy Harris smart smart smart
Smart smart smart smart smart
Martin Harris dumb dadumb
Lucy Harris smart smart smart
Martin Harris dumb.

So Martin went on back to Smith
Said the pages had gone away
Smith got mad and told Martin
He needed to go pray

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

LanİeWindu™
I LOVE THAT EPISODE!

bad-woman
I'm not talk about the Mormon church,I'm talking about the temple,You need a recommend from the church authority to go to the temple.Its called a temple recommend.

Gregory
I have no idea what you're talking about. "Temple undies?" At any rate, the Mormon position is that what goes on in their temples is "sacred, not secret."

No Mormons don't allow non-Mormons into their temple. That's because their temples are more sacred to them than other religions temples; you can tour them before they are consecrated.

LanİeWindu™
I never said the Mormon temple was a church, I'm comparing it to a church because that's all it is.

I didn't need one when my aunt and uncle asked me if I wanted to go.

A4E
mormons...havent heards much of them....

r they allowed to watch Tv/go on the net? and do stuff like staink skiing and surfin?

LanİeWindu™
They are allowed to watch TV and all that...but as far as ratings go, the highest movie rating they are allowed to watch is PG-13.

bad-woman
If its not sacred not secret how come they wont tell ya about the details!

A4E
btw nbot staink i meant skating lol

A4E
r there any mormons in the forum??

and wuts with their underwear that u ppl were talking about?

A4E
y would it b secret? it's not like they sacrifice babies laughing out loud

....hmm or do they... shifty

ETK
Mormons are not a cult or a sect. Though I don't believe in their preachings, they do put family first which is noble.

Gregory
They do tell you what goes on in temples. They meditate (not in a Buddhist sense) on their religion, perform Baptisms, and perform marriages. You're making a huge deal about nothing.

bad-woman
Its called temple undies.You can get on ebay,and you can see photos of it go to google and type in Mormon underwear,You might not believe it. stick out tongue

bad-woman
Its true dude!If your parents are not Mormon and you are,your parents must wait out side the temple,These thing they will not tell you up front

bad-woman
O so what did they tell you?I'm just curious?

Gregory
So if you don't know what they do in the temples, what the hell's your problem? "The Mormons are evil! I know they're evil because I don't know what they're doing all the time!" Has it occured to you that groups can be private without being some sort of evil cult? Do you have any concrete reason to believe ill of the Mormons, or are you just wasting time?

Afro Cheese
That girl from real world New Orleans was a Mormon. I think her name was Julie.

bad-woman
How do you think they get people sucked in?They make it look good on the store front,but when you get inside it is really unbelievable!!!!!!!Do you really think that if people knew about the undies they would say yaa thats for me??

bad-woman
So you really never been in the temple A???

Gregory
And since I'm ranting, what the hell is with you and Mormon underwear? The reasons why Mormons wear that are public. They might not tell you everything about their temples, but give me a second and I'll tell you what the deal with the underwear is.

Frankly, I don't think you want intelligent debate. You have given no reason to think that the Mormons are bad, other than their underwear. When asked, you go back talking about the temples, as though that proves anything. I'll ask again, in case you missed the question: what reason do you have to think the Mormons are evil?

bad-woman
NO I JUST USE THE FACTS !!!JOSEPH SMITH was a freemason,you got to study freemason to know the Mormon blood rites!!Lots of freemason/Mormon rites same.

Gregory
So now you're telling us about secret rites which you insist non-Mormons aren't allowed to know about. Did you sneak into their temple ninja-style and witness these rights, or are you just babbling?

bad-woman
Did I ever say that Mormons were evil?But I would surly say misguided by a image that looks good,And if you wanted to trap some one it would have to APPEAR good.Like the store front that looks so good that you come in!!!

bad-woman
Let me just tell you I DO KNOW,And I say un to you....don't take my word for it you can see for yourself!

Gregory
You sure as hell implied it. You've said that they're a cult, that they only appear good to lure new members in, and that they perform blood rites. There aren't too many ways all that can be interpreted.

I'm not taking your word, and I can't see it for myself.

Now, off to bed.

Afro Cheese
This conversation is unbelievably confusing. What the hell is mormon underwear?

bad-woman
Some rites 1.secret hand shakes2.you get a new name3.you are baptized really strange. it goes like this you are striped nude you are given a white sheet to put over your body.then a hand goes under the sheet to bless your body parts.And theres ssooooo much more!!!!!!!

bad-woman
I know,There are things the Mormon will not tell you until you are really deep in the cult.

bad-woman
The things im telling you very very few people know.

Afro Cheese
That sounds stupid. No offense but are you making this up?

Darth Revan
Hey bad-woman, you know I'm the "official" KMC psychiatrist, why don't you step into my office? I think you could use a little help. no expression

bad-woman
Its not the undies that bother me,what im about to tell you might not understand,And a micro percent of people know this,there are symbols on the left and Right chest this is it....V.....L.It is also used by Satanist as well.

bad-woman
So tell me what you know about Mormons?And if your really a psychiatrist you would know the mental condition that Mormons suffer from. And do you know what that is?

bad-woman
Come on darth raven,Every psy. knows this one??How about a little help MR. doc it starts with C

bad-woman
Come on MR.doc you don't even know do ya?If your a psy. I'm Michael Jackson big grin

bad-woman
No offense!.............AND NO!So ask me some questions my friend.

bad-woman
Big difference between the Mormon temple and church.

Afro Cheese
OK I've got a question for you... how did you acquire this information?

Capt_Fantastic
No comment, despite I used to date a mormon.

Darth Revan
I have known plenty of Mormons in my life. Besides a friend I had a long time ago not wanting to do anything with me on Sundays (this is something some Christians and Jews do as well), they have all been perfectly normal people.

Jeez, quit quoting my ****ing post already. I wasn't here. Is that really so hard to understand? roll eyes (sarcastic)

So, in closing, I was referring to YOU, not the Mormons. The Mormon religion is a bit odd, I will freely admit, but if you think it's some kind of Freemasons/Skull and Bones type conspiracy, you're a dumbass. That or you really do need psychiatric help. Check out my thread, it's obviously not serious, but I think a few of the suggestions in there might help you. *coughstopeatingshroomscough*

Darth Revan
Has it ever occured to you that maybe it's because these special "Mormon underwear" JUST DON'T EXIST? eek!

Tptmanno1
Acid....is...bad....

Darth Revan
Oh come on Ms. religious scholar, can't you do better than this? You don't have a response, do you?

Darth Revan
Yes it is thumb up

Tptmanno1
Who In their right mind would go up to a nun or whatever and ask them about their underware?? confused

Silver Stardust
Couldn't tell you, Stefan...

One of my good friends is Mormon, and guess what...she was just as normal as every other girl my age! eek! imagine that!

Gregory
You know, do you not--actually, given the quality of the "information" you've spewed so far, I'm guessing that you don't--that the Church of Latter Day Saints was founded well before the religon of Satanism? You probably also know, oh great and wise religious scholar, that Satanists frequently use symbols from other religions, including the Ankh, the Sun Wheel, and the Tau Cross, and the Yin-Yang? So even if these alleged symbols really exist, and even if they are used by both Mormons and Satanists, so what? Just another symbol that the Satanists decided they liked.

FeceMan
Mormonism is an off-shoot of Christianity that warps what the Bible says and completely goes against it.

FYI: Joseph Smith received a "vision from God" when he lifted a hat with "magic" stones in it to his face.

Jackie Malfoy
Some religons are cults but I don't think this one is.I know the Church of Jesus Christ is a cult and I am not sure about any other churchs through.Or this one to be exsert.JM

Tptmanno1
FM>The same absurdity can be tagged with Jesus's revival from the dead and such, Mosus's burning Bush, Noah's arh, the flood.
All just as absurd.

JM> Your wrong, A "Church" is not a Cult, it is a Church, (While the effects of all religions can be described as "cult-ish, I won't get into that...) You can't be a Cult AND a Church, Their seprate religous following group thingys....

Gregory
The problem is that there is no uniform definition of cult. I'd call the Church of Latter Day Saints a Christian sect, but that's just me.

FeceMan
What I'm saying is that said act is actually part of an occultic ritual.

Tptmanno1
So is the Christams tree, So is a bunch of Christian thnigs too....

Jackie Malfoy
I am saying that religons are cults I did not mean a church.I know the differences.JM

FeceMan
What Christian things are occultic? Enlighten me, please, for I honestly do not know.

The entire point behind said ritual is that Joseph Smith claimed that he formed the Mormon religion from a vision from God...when the things they believe blatantly contradict the Bible.

Gregory
If I can butt in for a minute, so what? Jesus also blatantly contradicted the Bible of the day (Old Testiment); see his teachings on divorce, for example.

FeceMan
He also gave a reason when questioned on this. Besides, he's Jesus; he can do things like that. smile

Darth Revan
...And to Jewish people, Jesus was just some guy, and to Christians, Joseph Smith was just some guy, but to Mormons, Joseph Smith was a Jesus-like figure.

FeceMan
I'm still waiting to hear what parts of Christianity are occultic.

Silver Stardust
You really want to get into it, you can argue that every religion started out as a cult until it became big and gained a lot of followers.

frodo34x
What about Muslims? Dont they get a say in all this?
A while back, someone mentioned that Mormons meditate. A lot of Christians do this too.
bad-woman

bad-woman
You obviously did not know my first question?!And you don't even know that Joesph smith was a Freemason.You need to do your home work!And study temple rites and Freemason rites!And that last statement about the Mormon underwear not existing just tells me that you know absolutely NOTHING about the Mormons!!So go ask a Mormon missionary about the temple underwear and you WILL get your answer mad

lil bitchiness
All religions are cults in one way or another. Mormon is no different.

Darth Revan
Yes, obviously, but also obviously it would be impossible for me to name every religion with an equivalent or near equivalent.

bad-woman> Yes, I do happen to know about the Mormons. One of my very good friends is a Mormon. She is perfectly sane, and she often wears shorts and a t-shirt, under which there are no protruding undergarments. no expression

Oh my god! Joseph Smith was a Freemason? Let's assume based on that trivial fact that everything he ever did was connected to that! Thomas Jefferson was a Freemason, too, and that's how he's still alive in an alien spaceship orbiting Earth somewhere! It's a conspiracy! eek!

Seriously, I don't think you realize how many people back then WERE Freemasons.

I tell a lot of people to quit eating mushrooms as a joke, but you seriously should thumb up

bad-woman
You are totally wrong on when L.D.S. was started.Satanism started long before L.D.S.So lets test your knowledge?What is the L...V... in Freemason?

Darth Revan
No, you're wrong. The Church of Satan, which is the only satanic organization worth mentioning, was founded in 1966 by Anton LaVey. You can read it yourself on their web page:

http://churchofsatan.com/home.html

bad-woman
If you don't think it is a cult must mean you know what a cult is?Can you define what a cult is?

bad-woman
Also the book of Mormon was changed 3,291 times!They use the term new Revelation that they get from Gordon B. Hinkley(L.D.S.false profit).And the mindless Mormon missionary will do ANYTHING he says,No KIDDING!!!!I did ask a Mormon missionary if his profit told him to jump off a cliff if he would do it,and he said he would.And so I asked him why he would jump of a cliff.And he said if the profit told him to do it there must be good a reason.And so I ask him what good reason is there to jumping off a cliff and he gave me no answer.

bad-woman
Your right.the temple rites is an occult ritual.And the highest Satanist garment are not black but white.

bad-woman
You wrong once again,satanic worship was around long before 1966?

bad-woman
And you also know satanic organization do things in the dark,like the L.D.S. temple?And you really think the church of satan is the ONLY satanic organization?

Darth Revan
No, I'm not, the facts are right in front of your face, yet you refuse to listen. When people say "Satanist," they mean a member of the CoS, which was founded in 1966. There were a very few, almost insignificant "satanists" before the CoS, but any other Satanic sects that once existed are now nearly nonexistent. The Satanists that use so many symbols from other religions are the CoS guys... But please, go ahead and continue believing in your ridiculous conspiracy theories if you enjoy denying reality this much.

bad-woman
You don't believe me A!Do you want the L.D.S. main contact number?I can give it to you?But you must not call from you own phone!It's toll free straight to the L.D.S. organization in Salt Lake city?

Darth Revan
You are a very credible debater. First you quote my first post on the topic, rather than reading my second one, which was the more in-depth of the two, then you completely switch subjects. We're not talking about the ****ing LDS, we're talking about Satanism. Good job losing all credibility on anything. Not that you had any to begin with.

bad-woman
I say please don't take my word for it!!!Like I don't take you word for what you say?I go by the facts!Do you really think people are just going to come up to you and I'm a Satanist?

Darth Revan
Um, yeah, I know a couple. It's not like some secret underground thing. I gave you the link to their web page for god's sake, you can read all about it.

bad-woman
Please point out which parts a a conspiracy.And you do know how to find out if it is a conspiracy right?

bad-woman
AND WHAT IS IT?

bad-woman
UNDERGROUND THING?And what link?The one about the cos?That's old school!!!

Darth Revan
Satanism, dumbass. roll eyes (sarcastic) They're a group of atheists who believe in themselves as their gods. They're not allowed to kill animals (except for food or self defense) or small children, nor are they allowed to rape people. They do a bunch of rituals involving black candles and swords and chalices. Pretty silly really, but nonetheless harmless.

About the conspiracy theory thing... Gee, I dunno, everything? I didn't say it was a conspiracy, I said your stupid beliefs were conspiracy theories; you think a bunch of annoying religious people are actually a secret cult that controls the world or some similar load of crap.

bad-woman
You obviously don't know or have studied Satanism/Freemason/Mormonism and until you do you will not see the connections.

Darth Revan
If you'll look carefully, you'll see that I cleverly snuck in the word "not." That's what we call a negative. It means that in whatever context it is placed, the truth is the opposite of what it would be were it omitted.

No, it's not old school, it's a very current page.

Darth Revan
Actually I have studied Satanism. I know more about the subject than your average idiot. Like somebody else said earlier, they like using symbols from other religions that they think look pretty. For no other reason than that.

bad-woman
I knew those satanic rituals years ago.That's at the seen levels.YOU HAVE NO IDEA!And there are NOT my beliefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bad-woman
SO YOU STUDIED SATANISM A? then you know what L.....V..... is right mister Doc???

bad-woman
And what is at the right hand?

Silver Stardust
Where the HELL has anyone said these were your beliefs?

bad-woman
I must go. I will love to contine this later with more info.

Silver Stardust
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/nekoshoujo/stupidspammers.gif

Stop making multiple posts. If you think of more to say, EDIT your previous post.

bad-woman
Not you, try reading previous post.

Silver Stardust
No one has ever said it. I've read this whole thread. You're twisting around what others are saying.

Aqua
i'm mormon smile
that curses..which is a sin...but hey...i dont want to be mormon..and i wanna live my life...not my step mothers disgust

FeceMan
Hmmm...are you sure? I thought that Satanists believed that there was a God and a Satan and they allied themselves with Satan. Maybe I'm mixing my memories, but I can usually recall stuff I've read pretty accurately. *Shrugs.* I might just be mixing what I've read from one source with a book I read relatively recently about SRA.

Also, for what it is worth--not much aside from a random tidbit of information--Satanists are strong believers in the motivation of the flesh--quite physically, too--and thus use humans for altars.

Gregory
He's right on at least some points. I haven't studied Satanism in depth, but the stuff about not harming animals and children and stuff is correct. It's in the Satanic Statements or something.

And having a conversation with bad-woman is like banging you head against a stone wall.

Darth Revan
Nope, that's a misconception. They believe in some kind of supernatural power, but they don't believe in god/satan the way Christians do. They believe that they can harness that power (which they call "Satan" but is not the same as the Christian one) to use for their benefit.

FeceMan
OK, I'll make a note of that.

bad-woman
But Joseph Smith had a bank in Kirkland called the Kirkland safety society bank and printed his own money.J.S. was a first rate con-artist he ripped off many citizens and Mormons as well.Most people don't even know that J.S. made paper money that was totally worthless!

Wolflet
What the f**k?

Scarpa
mourmons are just as creepy as Jehovahs witness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.