Favorite Tool Album

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
OK, I've always liked a few of Tool's song but over the last couple of weeks I've REALLY been getting into them. I now consider them one of my favorite bands, up there with Zeppelin. Their music is just so deep...it's great! I jam to them everyday and I bought all their albums. I was wondering though, which one do y'all think is their best? Personally, I think that AEnima and Lateralus are the best, although all of the albums have their strengths. I love them all, but if I had to pick a favorite it would have to be Lateralus, just because it has my favorite song on it. I think Tool just keeps getting better as they go. Now, as for the indevidual albums, I've picked my favorite songs from each album. They are as follows...

1) Opiate: The best track off this album has to be Jerk-off. That song is so killer, I think it is one of their best.

2) Undertow: This one I had trouble choosing between Flood and Sober...but I had to go with Sober, just because Sober is the first Tool song I've ever heard and it's still one of my favorites.

3) AEnima: Ahh, such an awesome CD. Almost tied for my favorite album. The truth is...I can't pick a favorite off this album. If I HAD to choose, it would be a three-way tie between Eulogy/Stinkfist/AEnima. Three-way tie for second place too, 46& 2/Pushit/Third Eye.

4) Salival: Is it just me...or is the live version of Pushit just friggen AMAZING??? Wow, I mean when he really gets into the music and the lyrics, the vibe from the crowd...it's like he seems to float to a totally different level. Pushit live is the best off this album, hands down. No Quarter deserves an honorable mention though because I am a die-hard Zep fan and I thought their cover of this song was totally killer.

5) Lateralus: Ahh, yes. My so-called "favorite" album. And as much as I like songs like The Grudge, Schism, Parabola and Lateralus...Ticks and Leeches is my favorite. Wow, the energy in the song is wild. Maynard has such emotion in this song..he's so pissed! And I love it, and that's why that is my favorite song. It's so powerful.

Well this concludes my Tool rant. But on a side note...Tool IS in the studio recording their NEW ALBUM! I'm so psyched for this, and I heard it's coming out Spring/Summer of '05! SO CLOSE, and yet so far.

Danny Carey said they got major influences from the last band they toured with, Meshuggah, an awesome Swedish medal band that uses Math Metal. Their guitarist uses an 8 string guitar and the drummer is amazing with the synchronization they all use together.

I must also mention that Meshuggah is wicked heavy...new Tool with wicked heavy influence... rock

Deathblow
Really excellent choices, almost all the songs you mentioned are among my favorites.

Salival - Hush / Jerk-Off

Undertow - Sober / Crawl Away

Aenima - Stinkfist / Forty Six & 2

Salival - Pushit live (better than the studio version) / No Quarter

Lateralus - Parabola / The Patient

Favorite album just about goes to Aenima. I love all three full-length releases, and they're all so different which makes it even harder to choose one, but I have to pick Aenima as it's the medium between the low-tech grunginess of Undertow and the mesmeric complexity of Lateralus. I could talk about this band literally all day, so I'll just end this post by saying that Meshuggah will always be musical peasants compared to Tool, regardless of what Danny says.

mr.smiley
I've always loved tool but their next album will realy decide if i'm still a huge fan.
opiate and undertow set the foundation.
aenima and lateralus added to that sound.
DONT get me wrong,i not saying their next release will suck but i just don't know if they'll be able to add anymore to that sound they have.

opiate is in my opinon the best cd and song tool has ever had

SlipknoT
dont we have enough Tool threads

Deathblow
Can never have enough Tool threads my friend.

Opiate confused

reverendben
Ok hello everyone,
my favourite album by Tool is of course Aenima. It's just such a big step up from Undertow, and the influence of Justin is soooo apparent. Its not just the amazing music that comes from it but also the range of emotion. I have spent ages quoting from this album, because lyrically it is brilliant. Favourite song is Third Eye, quite simply because i have never heard a song like it. The message it carries is really important. People need to start prying open a few third eyes, especially where I live.

Alpha Centauri
I could never pick a favourite Tool album or song. I don't view the songs as singular really, to me the albums are entire bodies of work as one.

"Aenima" and "Lateralus" always change as my favourite album of all time but "Lateralus" has been my fav more times. Still can't pick one though.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Aenima is my favorite Tool album. Schism is my favorite Tool song. But to be honest I haven't heard all their work.

tabby999
Lateralus. dunno, just like the album as a whole, havn't had a chance to listen to their other cds as well as i have this one so i guess its a bias veiw....

Victor Von Doom
I like Aenima and Lateralus equally. I don't have a favourite song, they aren't really a 'songs' band.

Tptmanno1
yea,
I like alot of their songs,
Hooker with a penis is funny, and cool to play in the car, but what can I say about Aenima and Third Eye
Lateralus, thats a fun album to listen to!
I really like The Grude, it just builds and builds to Maynards 28 second scream, but I like the parabol/Parabola mix
Ticks and leeches is awesome though!
I can't just pick on!

room #99
Opaite : Jerk-Off

Undertow : Sober

Aenima : H. / Jimmy

Lateralus : The Grudge / Reflections

any news about tool's upcomming album ?

ElectricBugaloo
Aenima.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.