VoIP phone service?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vagaryatwill
Has anyone gotten the broadband phone service yet? We recently signed on with a provider and are pretty excited about it so far. I read up on it for a while and weighed it all out and it seemed like a pretty good option. The sound quality is good and the cost savings is pretty amazing. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten this and how you like it so far.

Raz
You may get a better response in the GDF.

vagaryatwill
Oh yeah, you're right. How can I get this moved?

vagaryatwill
I was afraid this may have got lost in the transition from board to board. Does anyone have this?

Jackie Malfoy
NO!JM

Raz
Nope.

Is this where you use your PC as a telephone?

vagaryatwill
Yeah, it can work like that. I think there is some software you can get that allows you to talk over your pc. We got the other kind that goes right over your broadband connection with an adaptor that hooks to your cable modem or DSL. We use regular phones, actually an expandable system that came with our service. It's pretty sweet. Just wanted to talk a little technology, that's all...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.