Only in America folks........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Thu Dec 2, 7:45 PM ET

Add to My Yahoo! U.S. National - Reuters

By Arthur Spiegelman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The lawyer for Robert Kennedy's assassin, Sirhan Sirhan, has gone to court to stop the demolition of the hotel where the late senator was shot dead, saying that there is evidence in its walls that can prove his client innocent.

Photo
Reuters Photo

Attorney Lawrence Teeter claims the 60-year-old Sirhan was set up as a dupe in the 1968 assassination, despite shooting at Kennedy in front of witnesses.

Sirhan is serving a life sentence for the crime.

Teeter filed suit this week in Los Angeles Superior Court to stop the city's school board from demolishing the Ambassador Hotel to build a school on the site.

The Los Angeles Unified School Board's general counsel, Kevin Reed, said on Thursday he was baffled by the suit as Sirhan admitted his guilt.

The suit said that bullet holes in the walls and ceiling where Kennedy was killed on June 5, 1968, prove that more than one gun was used to shoot the New York senator.

Teeter wants the hotel to remain standing so that an acoustical reenactment of the crime can take place. He argues that modern technology can prove how many shots were fired.

"Mr Teeter is looking for us to allow him to go into the hotel and reenact the shooting so that new acoustical tests can be made to determine if more than one gun was fired. But this would be 35 years after the event and years after his client admitted his guilt in court," Reed said.

"This is just silly," he added.

Teeter admits that his client was wrestled to the ground by witnesses at the scene of the killing after he started firing a gun at the senator. But he claims that autopsies show that the senator was shot at from behind while his client was in front of the senator in a hotel pantry.

Teeter said his client was hypnotized and programed to go to the scene, while others carried out the killing. Sirhan has said he has no memory of the killing.

At the time of his arrest, the Palestinian immigrant shouted to onlookers: "I did it for my people."

Robert Kennedy's family has called for the hotel to be ripped down and to have a school built in its place, saying that would be a fitting memorial to his memory.

Joining Teeter in the suit are the Assassination Archives and Research Center and the newly-formed Committee to Preserve Assassination Sites.

doh

Afro Cheese
More like only in Los Angeles.

furryman
That's the best part, coincidentally the shortest sentence

Jackie Malfoy
Ok and this happen only in america because?JM

Tptmanno1
Cuz were wierd/stupid like that

yerssot
actually, JP... there was something on the Discovery Channel ("you and me baby ain't nothing but mammels, so lets do it like they do on the Discovery Channel) here about that assasination...
Something about re-enacting it and the guard that shot Kennedy instead of that guy, combined with crappy police work that screwed up evidence and such

MornGlory
yawn it is 6:00 am I dont want to read all that yawn

Jedi Priestess
Yerssot Sirhan confessed.....besides that, he waits all these years later to proclaim his innocence???

yerssot
JP, blaim that channel stick out tongue

Cipher
The program was depicting a theory, not actual events (that we know of). This is stupid; if there were evidence in that building, why wait till now? And if there were a conspiracy, wouldn't any suspicious stuff be long since removed?
This just desperation.....

Jedi Priestess
Indeed yes

yerssot
most people like to make up theories and take evidence of certain coincidenses and such

erlaughlin
i love james bond movies

Cipher
I do, too. Don't see how that's relevant...... Unless you think Blofeld was the mastermind behind it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.