Hunting the Gurtha Maten --The Hunt--

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AcrypT
Hunting the Gurtha Maten: The Hunt

The year two-thousand was a year that all humans were proud to be a part of. They had mastered much of the science they were interested in (or so they thought) and began planning the next millenia. Genetic engineering, definitely the most studied science of the new millenia, how to take a human or any other living thing mix and transform their genes causing the creation of a new species. While the years passed humans had created thousands of new creatures that they mostly froze to keep alive and study. Another thing worth mentioning is that earths population had reached an unbelievable six billion people. Humankind had more important things to deal with than the fact that they were rapidly growing in population. They continued to burn all of earths precious resources not thinking of what they would do when it all ran out. A direct result of cutting down forests and destroying grasslands was the rapid growth of deserts, this they called "Desertification" but they had no real plans to deal with it yet at any matter. More deserts mean more dust in the atmosphere, dust chokes clouds causing less rain, less rain causes more deserts, a circle that promises no good. It was not until 78% of earths dry-land was desert that they thought that there might be a problem but by then they had other problems to worry about. Overpopulation, It was no secret that mankind was growing rapidly in numbers, at an average growth rate of 125,000 people a day at the year 2000 the population was growing fast. By the year 2050 earth's population had doubled itself, with more and more desert forming on dry-land a feeding problem soon became present. How were mankind supposed to feed twelv-billion people with the little food they could produce in desert conditions. People were hungry but still more children were born, apparently even more than before. It proved hard to keep order when order had to be kept over so many people, sex was growing popular now that parents were too busy or disturbed to prevent it. Protected sex now was an expense that few were willing to pay and babies were being born more than ever. The situation was going downhill until eventually by the year 2150 earth was damaged beyond repair, mankind was living in total anarchy. No one could or would try even to have any kind of control over mankind...All twenty-six-billion of them. After the war between the people and the government it seemed as if time was going in reverse to undo all that was done, there wasn't barley anything to show the advancements humans had achieved during their stay on earth. Cities layed in rubble, People lived in the ruins, in caves or just layed on the streets waiting for death to take them. People would kill for food, for a warm place to sleep and sometimes just to show they could. Now the population started to drop, many died of starvation, the bodies of the dead were just left to rot. The decayed bodies spread diseases, diseases which spread rapidly in such primitive and crowded conditions. Twelve years passed, December 1st 2162, "Death Day", an outbreak started, a disease to which no cure could be found. It spread rapidly and killed effectively, hundreds of thousands of people died each day, nothing seemed important anymore in this struggle to survive. In the great struggle to survive one thing was done that was probably the greatest thing humans have ever accomplished, they locked all the still frozen creatures they created in underground bunkers all over the world in order to preserve them and give some hope for a future life on earth. It then took three slow and gruesome years for the plague to claim the lives of all humanity, they never did find a cure for the plague they called "Death"...

Tens of thousands of years passed and everything was quiet, time seemed to stand still, there was nothing left to remember what once used to be. Weather and earthquakes gradually changed the face of the planet...
Something stirred in the wilderness, Something was alive, an intelligent creature of some sort. Slowly out of the wilderness creatures of all sorts began to appear, they came out of strange frozen pods and crept out of the ground. After all these years, the forgotten creatures were freed from their icy prison. Soon the world was awake and once again very alive. The greater part of the creatures adapted to the world quickly, those who didn't perished. It was not long before villages were built, languages were formed and creatures were given names. Most of the creatures stuck to their own kind but yet other larger groups that were being formed unknowingly and inevitably were good and evil. Such titles aren't as they seem, black vs white but a mear preference to either side, creatures that seeked a peaceful life and creatures that had bigger plans. So life went on with no major events other than wars, the building and destruction of great empires and magic. Yes magic had crept into this new born world, not all creatures were gifted with the capability to deal with and understand magic but in some way or another all were affected by it. There were creatures that seemed to have the very essence of magic flowing in their blood, these were the most powerful magical creatures and were in most cases very respected and/or feared. Not all creatures needed to be a magical life form to understand and use magic, some could learn magic instead of it coming to them naturally.
It wasn't long before the creatures history was forgotten, there were none left who knew how they came to be on this world, it seemed like a given thing, something that always was. Ancient legends that told of the first beings told a tail of Ice and earth having an affair which resulted in the creation of new beings, it seemed like a likely tale to the new world and continued unchallenged as the story of creation.

This new world seemed flawless but is there really such thing as a flawless world...

AcrypT
Screams of agony could be heard through out the country side.... a young Elf rode at full speed three days strait and collapsed at huge doors made of ice and sand. Quickly the Elf was taken, he was fed and his wounds were mended. While he slept he spoke of what he had seen, horrible monsters, "Gurtha Maten", he called them (which means "Death Eaters" in Elvish). It took several more days for the Elf to awake, his eyes where wide with fear when he did. He rambled on and on about an army of monsters who could not be killed. "In the beginning we could barley see them", he said, "they cary no weapons, no armor and by some magic they seem to blend in with their background". "The first time I got a good look at one was in the moon light, it looked as if they were made out of solid bone and had only a thin layer of skin to cover them, only in the moon light did i first notice that they had white skin". "They had clawed feet and hands which they used to gash open their pray". "They moved with surprising speed and accuracy, they could easily climb a tree or swim across a river". "They stood bent over, like an old man or an ape and were not very big either, by no means were they small but they were no bigger than an average size Elf". "Rumour says that these creatures come from "Daedeloth" (Land of the Dead), there they came out of the earth, blood thirsty and in large numbers. They fight in packs and after each victory they stay in the village they've conquered until they consumed every last body, thus giving them the name "Gurtha Maten" (Death Eaters). When we went to help our allies in the neighboring town "Mitsan" we found that we couldn't kill the beasts, so we fled back home to "Ostamban", I saw with my own eyes how arrows hit them but had no affect on them at all, they barley penetrated their skin, I shattered my sword on one of them and moments later it did this", he lifted his shirt to show a gash across his left breast. He continued to explain through out the night... The chosen few of The Cort of Ice & Stone gathered together, they were some of the most respected creatures known through out the land and the people always turned to them in times of great need. They sat for three days discussing how to deal with these creatures, finally they came to an agreement. Aseymon, a tall Elf, one of the oldest Elves alive, leader of The Council of Stone & Ice, approached the Elf on the third day, "I do not expect you to agree to this task I ask of you, but please hear me out...." the Elf nodded slowly, "First, What is your name young Elf?", he slowly raised his head and replied "My friends and family used to call me, Istalindar Utinu, but I would rather you call me Istalindir" (Istalindar Utinu=Spellsingers son, Istalindir=Spelsinger, in Elvish) He clenched his fists in a tight ball "all of my family and friends have been slaughtered by the beasts". Aseymon nodded "I understand" he paused before continuing "I have pondered on how... or more why you survived and with your knowledge of the beasts you seem to be the most capable of doing this task...", Istalindir cut in "What is it you are asking of me?", "Do you wish for me to lead an army and destroy the beasts?" Aseymon Shook his head "Not yet...I see in you eyes the furry, the need for vengeance for everyone who has been lost, but what I ask of you is neither less heroic nore less important, I want you and a group of capable men like yourself to go out to find and kill one of these creatures and bring it back here so that we can learn from it and find ways to kill them", Aseymon studied Istalindir as he sunk deep in thought. Nearly three hours had past while Aseymon stood by him patiently, when Istalindir finally made up his mind. "I will do it, but where will I find such a group?", he asked. "Soon many warriors like yourself will be seeking vengeance on the beasts, as you are, but I can not find them for you, they will come to you on there own" Aseymon tuned to leave but stopped and called out "before you leave we will provide you with the equipment you'll need for your journey" with that he left Istalindir alone with his thoughts.The Elf soon set out to the city of Astradom in search of a worthy company.....

Istalindir set out to Astradom with his new treasures, the People of The Cort of Ice & Stone had fitted him with the best equipment the land had to offer. The armory of the court was nothing like he had ever seen, if he would have arrived there under different circumstances he would have spent days marveling at the treasures but there was no time. He arrived at Astradom at nightfall, not sure of what exactly he should do now he settled in one of the local inns and in the morning set out to the market, he didn't know how he would find the people Aseymon spoke of, he thought as he strolled the crowded streets...

<Tidus>
~You said that we can post... So here it goes...~

Suddenly a hand reached out to Istalinder(Damn hard to spell lol..) and got a grip on his shoulders. "So what would a young elf such as yourself be doing here?" asked Vash.

AcrypT
OOC: I'd advise you to make your way to Astradom or to the Cort or Ice & Stone and then be sent to Astradome. We do not all have to meet yet but it's more fun to make progress along with other people. Find any way that suits you to join up with everyone, no need to rush.

People stopped and stared at Istalindir as he passed, it was the first time that the people of Astradome saw such a young elf in such rich clothing and with such fancy equipment. Lately there were many strange wanderers but few stood out like this young elf. Istalindir did the best he could to hide himself from the piercing eyes but only drew more attention to himself. His mithril breast mail glowed proudly from underneath his cloak and he walked aimlessly around, not being used to such large cities and such dense crowds. He turned to a side street and notices a small almost hidden pub, he entered quickly and as if someone made him suddenly def the sound from outside faded away and was replaced with the silent murmurs of the people in the pub. Some raised their heads and stared at him for a few moments but everyone kept mostly to themselves. Istalindir took a seat at the far corner away from curios eyes and took out a role of scrolls and parchment from his bag. He flattened out a map on the table before him and drew a line with his finger from his hometown to his naboring town and continued from there to the south. Eventually his finger stopped at Daedeloth...land of the dead, "a curios name for such a place", he thought.
Istalindir jumped as a hand closed round his shoulder, "So what would a young elf such as yourself be doing here?", said someone from behind him. He turned and saw an elf but something was strange about the elf, he had pale skin and set out a strange feeling, it made Istalindir uneasy.
'What matter is it of yours?', Istalindir asked coldly, freeing himself from the mans grasp.

<Tidus>
~ Ok just imagine what I posted never happened. Ok?~

Vash stopped beside the huge gates made of Ice and Sand " The Castle of Ice And Stone... Nice" muttered Vash as the gates opened. Vash went throu them. Two guards blocked the way "Your weapons sir?" asked the Guards. Vash put his Bow and Sword on the guards hand, but he kept the daggers. Vash continued on to the Cort of Ice and Stone. Vash stopped next to the tallest and who was known as the most elder elf: Aseymon. "Ive heard you sent out a kid to fight the Death Eaters... And he needs some capable men?" asked Vash "Yes... Go to Astradom to find him... Efcours that is if your a capable men..." answered Aseymon "Heh... IM not a man" chuckled Vash as he exited the large castle and started to make his way toward Astradom...

AcrypT
OOC: Whatever you want, I wouldn't have minded you meeting me the way you did but I'll manage. That other OOC was reffering to anyone who hadn't thought of a way to meet up with me or one of the other characters.

'Oh no matter', the man said.
Istalindir was about to turn back to his business but the man spoke again, 'I'm the owner of this place. I say it's good to know a little about the strange faces that wander in and out of here....lately I've been seeing broken people, they carry rumors from the south. A terrible death awaits all who travel south from here, that's what I've heard them say. I noticed you were pointing south on that map of yours, I wouldn't be reckless with my life and go trveling there if I were you. Can I get you anything?', the man asked finally.
Istalinir didn't like the feeling of the man or the pub very much but it was an improvement from the staring faces that waited for him outside.
'I'll have some wine', Istalindir said after a moments thought, his people were not accustom to ale, wine was their preferred drink at celebrations or to clear ones mind.
The man stood for another moment staring at his rich clothing, 'You're gonna draw yourself some unwanted attention wearing cloths like that, I would cover that up if I were you...I'll be right back with your wine', the man turned and left, disappearing into a back room. Istalindir turned back to the map, south was where he must go...He folded the map, took out a clean piece of parchment and started sketching a picture of the creatures he was setting out to hunt. The owner came back after a few minutes and set a large cup of red wine in front of Istalindir, 'Will that be all?', he asked staring at Istalindir's drawing.
'Yes that'll be fine', Istalindir reached in his pocket and handed the man a gold coin, 'If you hear of anyone seeking such a beast let me know', with that he handed him the drawing as well.
The man bowed his head slightly, he had rarely seen gold coins and had never owned one himself, it was worth six months profit to him, 'How shall I find you?' the man asked, not taking his eyes of the coin.
'I will be staying here until I can find a company to join me on my journey south', he answered turning to his drink.
'I will have a room prepared for you immeditely', the man said and disappeared again into the back room with his treasure.

Decomposition
Vistalzidar fingered one of the silver flatched arrows in the quiver at his hip as he returned the cold glares thrown his way by the guards at the gates of Astradom. A slight smile curled the corners of his lips. He knew he stood out in his fine black leathers and chainmail and he knew that the guards knew he was an assassin.
The Dark Elf nodded at one of the younger guards, who scowled in return, he could expect trouble from the lad soon enough, he had no doubts. Being Drow alone almost always guarenteed that, let alone a Drow assassin.
Vistalzidar pushed his way into a nearby inn, glancing back as he entered to smile at those who had stopped to openly stare at them. He marked them instantly, imbedding their faces in his memory. Satisfied, he entered the inn and approached the bar.
The barman eyed him dubiously for some time before speaking. "Welcome to my establishment, sir, how can I help you?"
Vistalzidar flicked a gold coin onto the bar and the man's eyes widened. "I'll have an ale and some information...the ale first."
The bar keep nodded as he scooped up the coin in disbelief and filled a tankard with ale. He placed it on the bar and Vistalzidar took a long draught.
"What do you need to know?" Asked the bar keep when he'd placed the tankard back upon the bar.
Vistalzidar's brows knotted as he fished in his leather tunic and retrieved a parchment. He unrolled it and smoothed it out on the bar. Scetched onto the parchment was a creature, hideous in appearance and by all accounts deadly.
"A creature similar to this destroyed my people," said Vistalzidar. "Currently I am hunting them...what word of them has been milling about this city?"
The bar keep frowned and produced his own piece of parchment. Upon it was a similar sketch.
"Where did you aquire this?" Vistalzidar demanded immediately.
The bar keep was taken aback by the harsh tone and he took a defensive step backwards. "An...an Elf, sir, richly dressed like yourself...he is looking companions for some kind of journey south...if I may be presumptuous? I'd say he hunts them like yourself."
Vistalzidar frowned in thought and rubbed at his chin. Normally, he'd sooner kill an Elf than work with one. Just thinking of his fair skinned cousins made his blood boil.
Yet, this was no normal situation, and any help hunting the Death Eaters was indeed something to be grateful for. He decided to at least meet the Elf before judging him. He tossed another gold coin on the bar.
"Take me to the Elf, now!"

Bildo
A horse and carrage came out of the mist and gloom out of the northen forest with a Lizard looking creature at the helm. It came just clear of the trees and stopped in the opening to a little village. The carrage door opened slowly and out stepped a tall, pale looking man dressed all in black.

He walked slowly to the front of the carrahe were the driver was sat. "How much do i owe you then" said the tall, mysterious man.
"1 siver and 2 bronze for the ride through the forrest" said the
lizard-man creature. The tall man nodded and put the coins with one extra bronze. "keep the change" he said.

The horse and carrage started to move and it went forward then looped round and stop next to the man. "Thanks and good luck on your journey" said the lizard-man and the other man nodded to him. The horses the Naaed and they rode off back in to the gloom of the forrest and disapeared.

The Tall man turned round a faced the Village/Town and took a deep breathe as he started to walk down the main dirt track road in the Village/Town.

seriph
yueria was trekking through the dark forest of angletere towards astradom accompanied by his bow, katana's and library master johndalar. Nether were talking to each other, both lingering within private thoughts, yueria's were mainly focused on revenge.
"i would just like to say thank you for taking me through this forest", said yueria, sniffing the air, he had smelt something faint on the wind that took him back to the day his family had been killed "but are you sure i is necessary to continue..." he was cut off by a scream "what was that" he yelled to johndalar
"it is probably just a bird" replayed johndalar, his low and firm voice cutting through yueria's nervousness
"uh yes i suppose you are right" said yueria returning to his previous frame of thoughts, "are you sure you need to come with me any further, i know the rout well" yueria said this with hope flowing through his voice, it was laced with the same tone he used when talking to animals.
"i believe it would be safer" said johndalar grinning "for instance if danger was near could you do this" as he said this he held a torch up and knocked two flints over the top of it, the smallest spark suicided in setting the torch on fire, he halted and his eyes glassed over and he started swaying, the fire grew from the to of the torch and then stretched outwards turning white hot as it did so
"wow how did you do that" said yueria the librarian's had always kept secrets from him, but this was amazing.
"when you study fire you learn how to work it" said the librarian secretively, tossing back his long black hair so it didn't get into his eyes
this had shut turia up very well thought johndilar stifling a grin

for all of johndalars fears yueria was fine and there journey was event less. upon arriving in astradamjohndalar bid farewell and left yueria feeling awfully alone making his way to the court of ice and stone. outside he carefully put down his bow and quiver and he took off both scabbards before entering within, there was a large marble desk which he walked up to. He looked around but he couldn't see anyone till a man cursed then looked up
"hello" said yuria timidly and stopped flapping his wings so he was on the ground "have you haired of a man called istalindar"
the man at the desk snorted as if yueria's question was foolish "of course, i believe he is in the inn, you should be able to identify him, from his mithril breastplate
"thank you" said yueria feeling very stupid from the mans response.

yueria had seen a inn on the way over and made his way swiftly to the location he had recalled, it was very busy but he did see a flash of silver and followed the light to its owner, a young elf sitting about with a few other's drinking
"hello would you be istalindar" he said

AcrypT
OOC: The cort of Ice and stone is supposed to be three days ride from Astradom but it's nothing serios let's just carry on dispite that fact.
hmm meeting the both of you at the same time, how should I pull that off...

"Take me to the Elf, now!", Istalindir caught the last few words of a conversation the owner was having with someone but the man was out of view, he could only see the mans shadow. A bare chested man suddenly came up to him blocking Istalindir's view, he stared up at him and saw large wings on either side of the man, "hello would you be istalindar?", he asked.
Istalindir was surprised by this question and the sudden appearance of the man. He just nodded, he couldn't help but stair at the man, he had never seen such a creature and he didn't expect anyone to know his name so far away from home.
'Who are you...how do you know my name?', he asked slowly but he was interrupted by the voice of the owner calling for him, 'Sir, a...man would like to see you.', he said as they drew nearer. The stranger that stood before Istalindir was still blocking a good deal of his view, he turned his head to see who was interrupting them but Istalindir could still not see them.

<Tidus>
Another man... Or rather half Vampire half Elf hybrid came up to Islinder "Heh... BUddy... Much of the world knows you... Plus, theres a Vampire standing near the Inn, and a dark elf... And a Seriph... Quite unusuall for those creatures to be in a place like this" sais Vash "So... To get to the point you needed a team of somekind to hunt the Gurtha Maten??"

AcrypT
OOC: ok this is too much, how did you get here, what about everything els that's going on and you being on your way to Astradom? meeting 3 people at exactly the same time is confusing.
This is like 4-5 days after Istalindir set out from the court, how in the world does everybody know about me? It's only been about a week and a half since he arrived at the court.
Seriph is a seria not a seriph...
I'm gonna pretend like this meeting didn't happen or els my head may explode, unless you can make it make sense to me somehow...sorry.

<Tidus>
OOC: Well... That guy Seriph got to astradam in one post!

Vash sat down to buy a drink. "Some whiskey please, with ice" said Vash to the bartender. The bartender nodded and put the glass with whisky and ice on his table. Vash took a drink. "Have you heard of Death Eaters?" asked Vash a particular bartender, which was the owner of the place "Ill give you a few gold coins if you tell me about them..." said Vash. The owner nodded and came up to Vash. He whispered in his ear "The only thing I know is that they live in the land of the dead... Atleast what rumors say..." he whispered. Vash nodded and gave the bartender three gold coins "Land of The Dead it is..." muttered Vash as he took a sip of his whisky.

Decomposition
OOC: I don't mean to bi*ch, but AcrypT is right...there is no way in hell you characters can take a trip that long in just one post and all of the characters meeting up all at once isn't a great idea...AcrypT, I suggest that these two think of a story line that will link them to Istalindir a little later in the story and meet up with each character one at a time...anywho, the barman was about to introduce me, so, on with the show...

'Sir, a...man would like to see you.' The bar keep informed someone who was not in Vistalzidar's line of sight. The bar keep waved him forward and Vistalzidar stepped around the man and into sight.
Before him was a young Elf, very young, Vistalzidar mused. He hadn't even reached what would be considered mature in the Elven world. Briefly he wondered if the Elf's age would make him easier or harder to get along with, given the rift between their races, but those thoughts quickly vanished as his eyes roamed over the rich looking clothing and what could only be Mithril armour peeking out from beneath.
Vistalzidar whistled through his teeth. "Now how does a young Elf such as yourself come by such expesive attire I wonder?" He fought with conflicting emotions for several moments before placing his hand over his heart and bowing slightly in greeting. "I am known as Vistalzidar. I discovered we have a common purpose and forced this man to introduce me to you."

<Tidus>
Vash saw somethin fall out of the owners pocket. Vash leaned down to get it. He opened it up since it was neatly folder. Vash saw the drawing of a Gurtha Maten and reacted quickly. Vash took his sword out of his Shead, stode up and pointed it at the owners throat. "Where did you find this?" asked Vash. The owner speechlessley pointed at Istilinder. Vash looked toward Istlinder, he saw a dark elf talking to Istilinder and then bowing to him. "A dark elf bow to a normal elf? Strange..." muttered Vash. Vash looked at Istlinders map, which said that Land of The Dead was due south. Vash smirked as he put his sword back into his shead and left the bar. But then Vash saw a Vampire next to the door of the bar "A Vampire and a dark elf.." thought Vash "Ill follow this elf... And his groupies... But I will keep myself hidden... In the shadows.. It would be better not to show myself... Ill showmyself only once the Gurtha Matens comeout... ANd I shall have my revenge..." kept thinking Vash.

midnite127

<Tidus>
Vash witnessed the whole conuinsedence with the vampire almost killing the man. "Holy Fuc*!" stated Vash. Vash looked around and saw tha the had forgot his black robes in the bar, leaving him in his Vampire/Elf looking athlete shape. Peaple looked at him and whispered. It was odd, a man with dark red eyes, his ears were only a tiny bit pointy, his skin was white pale, and he had an X scar on the left side of his face. Not to mention the weapons he was carrying. And his nails which were very long, just like a vampire. HIs body shape looked more like an elfs, tall and thin, perfect possision for a bowman, which the elves are experts at. "Bloody hell... There is something going on" said Vash as he leaned on a wall.

Decomposition
((Continued from my post above))

Vistalzidar rose back to his full hight as he gazed at the young Elf intensly. He was surprised to see an Elf so young in the city, but then he thought of what may have caused him to be here, he thought of Death Eaters over running this young Elf's home as they did his, and he quickly understood.
Vistalzidar was not fool enough to underestimate this young Elf though. He knew full well that even one as young as this could give him quite a fight if they met out in the open, or if he was being sighted down the shaft of the young Elf's arrow. At night, however, with the shadows he felt so comfortable in, he could despatch the lad in seconds.
He folded his arms across his chest and awaited the young Elf's reply, completely ignoring the winged man-like creature standing next to them observing the entire echange in silence.

Kohldia
Melcanin strode into the town, watching as the villagers went about her buisness. She'd travelled here before and walked into the tavern realising how many new faces there were. She'd been summoned by the chief of her small group to aid a hunting party to taking down the fierce creatures which had ravaged their land.

AcrypT
OOC: Well I guess I'm gonna do like Decomposition and ignore you seriph, sorry but it'll make thing easier and I'm not to sure how soon you'll be back with us. I agree with Decomposition in the matter of our meeting, it should be one at a time so we can be able to make any sense out of it.
Kohldia, glad to have you with us, I'd appreciate it if you post your bio when you get a chance.

The barman looked either like it was the best day of his life or like he was about to faint, Istalindir couldn't tell, with him approached a dark skinned elf, a drow. He had never seen a drow in his short life but he had heard terrible stories about them, about their way with the shadows. The barman gesture towards Istalindir and they both made their way towards him, they paused in front of him and for a brief moment stood silent the drow looked as if studying him.
"Now how does a young Elf such as yourself come by such expesive attire I wonder?", it sounded less like a question and more like a statement, Istalindir was at loss of words for a moment.
The drow bowed his head slightly, "I am known as Vistalzidar. I discovered we have a common purpose and forced this man to introduce me to you.", he noted the barman who took the opportunity, 'Just as you asked sir...I will leave you two to your business', he said turning quickly disappearing into the back room once again with something clenched in his fist.
Istalindir stood up suddenly, 'Where are my manners', he noted bowing respectfully to Vistalzidar, 'My name is Istalindir, let us sit and talk of our common business.' Istalindir said, trying to sound older than he was.

OOC: I'm not sure if it's ok with you for me to control little things like making your character sit and stuff like that so I'll leave it here for now. I don't mind if you make my character go along with you or do something to help the flow of the story or your post.

Decomposition
OOC: Nah, thats cool...if you need to do something to advance the story feel free...its not as if making my character sit down is going to effect him drastically...

Vistalzidar smiled as he took his seat. Istalindir was obviously trying very hard to appear mature beyond his years and in all truth, Vistalzidar had to admit the lad was doing a reasonable job for someone who was obviously forced into such a situation by events out of his control.
Vistalzidar sat back comfortable in his chair and looked across the table into the young Elf's eyes. He had been taught that making and maintaining eye contact help one remain in control of nearly all situations, and it wouldn't hurt to try and make the young Elf nervous, to...test his metal, as it were.
"I'll cut to the chase and tell you just how uncomfortable I am with dealing with your kind. Cousins our races may be, but there is a hatred that goes way back between our kinds. Mostly, no doubt, due to misconceptions on both sides."
He leant forwards in his chair. "No doubt you have been told we do horrible things, manipulate the shadows and in turn use them to manipulate people and generally do 'evil' deeds."
Istalindir nodded slightly.
Vistalzidar nodded thoughtfully. "I thought as much. Therefore before we do business I feel it my duty to defend my race. We are not all assassins and we certainly dont all converse with the shadows...in fact, young Elf, the majority of our kind have an affinity for the trees and nature in general, just like you fairer skinned Elves."
He paused to stop a waitress and order drinks before continueing. "I am sure my dislike for your kind stems from similar misconceptions, so I am willing to set aside my feelings towards your kind for the benefit of both of us, and, infact, possibly many more."
Vistalzidar placed his sketch upon the table and slid it across to Istalindir. "Death Eater's, they translate to in your tongue, correct?" Again he recieved a nod in reply. "Eater's of Death in mine...may as well be the same thing in all honesty, but whatever, the point is mute. The point that matters, however, and I am being presumptuous, but it seems that both of us have suffered terrible loss at the hands of these creatures."
The waitress placed two tankards on the table and Vistalzidar flicked her a few coppers with a wink. After taking a long draught, he focused on Istalindir again. "To jump to the chase, my young friend, I am hunting these beasts in order to exact some kind of revenge. However, I know just how hard they are to kill and realise that I will need help in doing so. What I am suggesting is that, despite the fact that our kinds aren't on par with one another, we should put aside such petty differences and team up. Destroy these beasts together for the greater good of our kind."
"And who knows," He added with a smile, "Our co-operation may help somewhat in mending the rift between our people."
He lent back in his chair and folded his arms across his chest. "I'd hear your thoughts, young Elf, before we commit to this however."

<Tidus>
Vash was leaned to the wall of the bar, next to a window. He managed to open it easily, but halfway so it doesnt stay suspicious. His elven eares helped him this time, to evesdrop this talk. Revenge? They might me trying to kill the beasts for the same reason as me... This might be good... thought Vash.

Kohldia
Melcanin approached the bar, slinging her heavy sword to the side and smiling at the barmaid, "A large Curill if I can please Martia." The young woman nodded and Melcanin's light amber eyes scanned the bar, resting on a rather tall Drow male, ~Strange.~ She thought, ~They barely make themselves known in these parts yet here one is, in a tavern drinking with an elf?~

midnite127
((OOC: I sorta forgot that all the humans were dead, lol. So what would be the common folk around this town? Or should I make somethin up...?))

Veleanith walked through the streets, stopping at seeing a strange pale looking red-eyed elf by the bar, leaning casually against the wall looking deep in thought. 'Must be one of the strange folks that...man was speaking of,' she thought, a flicker of disgust visible in her eyes. She started to walk over him but stopped as a very tall being stepped into her view.

She raised an eyebrow as she looked up to the brown eyed figure. "Excuse me...you're sorta in my way."

The man didn't budge, showing from behind him the two little boys that she had seen earlier. He folded his arms across his bulging chest as he spoke between a thick mustache. "How dare you come into this village, harassing my children."

Veleanith blinked. She placed a hand on her hip. "Excuse you? I don't harass kids. Perhaps if you had brought them up with more manners, rather than having them point to a stranger, I wouldn't have needed to be...me," she finished with a mischevious smile.

"Apologize."

"Hmm?"

"Apologize to my children!" he ordered.

Veleanith bared her fangs as she smirked. "Bite me!" It was sort of an irony to her, but she wanted to see if she could push the man. He looked as if he were about to strike her, however, before anything could happen a soldier stood between the two, ordering them to stop their childishness. She said nothing, backing down as she started to head away from the scene. She came back five minutes later, trying to catch a glimpse of the stranger but he appeared to be gone.

"Damn..." Veleanith placed her hands in her pockets and placed her hood back on, prowling the streets in search of the strangers...

seriph
ooc: you didn't seem to get the full point of my post, it was a snip it from the journey usable for character development, it wasn't the whole journey or the wood they were traveling through would have to have been a bit small i will start from entering the inn, i was going to explain how Yueria came into knowledge of Isalinindir, i will make this known hopefully in my next post(after this one)

ic: Yueria scanned the breath of the inn carefully, mainly looking for flashes of metal, characteristic of mithril, he saw a few fighter types, mainly old elves, but none that seemed particularly elfish, he hovered around in distress looking for someone that fitted the description he had got one from a strange man in the library talking of death eater's, and one from the useful(if a little scornful) man from the court

Bildo
((OOC: ah ok midnite i still sorry xx. Oh yeh by the way you guys im nowere near you id just thought id say.))

Lanilor walked down the dirt track/main sorta road and looked at the hurrisun and saw the sun would rise any minute and then poof. He thought in a few mins the Folk here might be walking around i have to find me some shelter. He looked quickly round the streets for a shop of some sort that was open. He saw one about 50yrds down the road. He walked quickly towards it and then he open the door and went inside.

It was rather dull inside and dusty he saw shelves and cupboards full of stuff and he thought some of this could be of some use. He walked up to the counter and the ower was another lizard-man thing. He thought this must be the main population of the village. He said to the owner of the "excuse me".

AcrypT
OOC: Dammit! I keep writing Paul instead of Istalindir...what an annoying name, I keep forgetting how to spell it!
lol Vistalzidar isn't much easier, I wonder how long it'll take me to learn these strange names confused

Istalindir took in every word Vistalzidar said and when he finally finished Istalindir found that he didn't mistrust him nearly as much as he had when he first introduced himself. 'You have proven to be nothing like the stories my people tell of your kind, I will be honored to accompany you on our journey to destroy the beasts.'
Istalindir was glad to have found a companion for his journey so soon, he had feared that he would have to set out alone after weeks of looking for a company but luck seemed to be on his side for now. Istalindir did not fully trust the Drow yet but he believed that he was sincere about destroying the beasts together so he was not going doubt him or his race in any way unless he turned on him.
'There is however a complication, my goal is only to kill one of the creatures and return it to the Court of Sand and Stone, they want to learn from it. After I finish the task I was set out to do then I will be free to roam the lands hunting the beasts with you. Will you accept these terms or at least accompany me till I slay one of the beasts and then let our paths part?'
Istalindir was hoping for a yes but he kept a stern face hoping not to reveille how much over his head he felt at the moment. He looked at the tankard set before him, ale, why drink such a bitter drink he did not know but he respected the mans gesture and drank deeply before setting the tankard back on the table with a loud clank. Maybe in time he would understand why people drank this but for now he tried hard not to show how much he disliked it.

Kohldia
Melcanin's sensitive hearing picked up the word hunt and her amber eyes scanned back to the elf and Drow. She contemplated approaching them yet she decided against it, sending Martia over to the table with another two tankards and a message.
Matria poured the tankards and walked to the men, setting the large cups on the table, "I bring a message from the huntress gentlemen..." She pause for a moment, "She wishes to enquire of the hunt you were conversing of...she was sent as an ambassador of her small forest dweller tribe to join such a hunt."

midnite127

AcrypT
OOC: Sory for not responding earlier, I was a bit busy...

Before Vistalzidar had a chance to respond the waitress came back to refill their tankards, "I bring a message from the huntress gentlemen...She wishes to enquire of the hunt you were conversing of...she was sent as an ambassador of her small forest dweller tribe to join such a hunt.", she said as she refilled their cups. They both turned and saw a delicately dressed elf, she was looking at them curiously, 'Thank her for the drinks, we will be with her shortly.'
Istalindir's attention returned to the Drow.

Kohldia
Martia nodded and returned to the bar, "The elf said they'd be with you soon Melcanin...did you want a bowl of soup while you wait?" Melcanin nodded and smiled a little, "You know me well, thankyou yes."

Bildo
((OOC: Ok midnite)) ((Continuing post))

"Excuse me" Lanilor asked and the Lizard-man looked up "yess how may i help you" The man had a slight hiss in his voice. "I am looking for a hooded cape or coat of some and a bottle or something of blood" he said and the man looked at him a bit funny but did not judge him.
"Well i have this and put a hooded cape on the counter but we aint got no blood im sorry" he said with a confuzed look on his face.
"ah ok its not a problem ill get it else were" Lanilor said with a trouble look.

(( sorry g2g to skool now peeps ill see ya l8rz))

Decomposition
Vistalzidar smirked at the young Elf. Istalindir was trying very hard not to show how much he disliked the ale, but Vistalzidar was very adapt at picking up elven facial expressions.
He chuckled lightly. "No more ale for you then," he said and recived a slight grin in return. "As to your question, I shall gladly assisst you in the task. I may be a Drow assassin, but even I know that the Court of Sand and Stone don't give out such missions willy nilly."
Vistalzidar motioned over his shoulder with a flick of his head. "Doer ussta abbil," he said without thinking whether Istalindir could understand him. He shook his head. "You'll have to excuse me, I have a tendancy to slip into my native language on occasion. What I meant to say was; Come my friend, let us see what the huntress has on her mind."

midnite127
Veleanith folded her hands across the table, a smile playing across her lips and her eyes shining brightly from the darkness of her hood. She leaned towards the man and her expression grew strange, mysterious. "I've heard many a rumor of what I seek, but most are just talk and nothing more. They can only be seen in the moonlight, they are ney 50ft in height, they are soulless creatures from the Underworld,"

She slammed her fist on the table annoyed. "It's all lies...myth. I've heard so much I can't even differentiate the truth from what could be false. If you can...tell me what you know, and there may be more..." She took out another gold coin and flashed it front of the man. "...Of these in store."

The man waved the gold off with an amused smile. "No need for that lass," She stared at him suspiciously whereas he let off a deep laugh. "No need for anything, ya don't have to be giving me those kind of looks!" He laughed some more, grabbing a bar seat and sitting in front of her. "Sorry to say I only now a little of the beings you might be speaking of. Eavesdropping when I shouldn't isa bad habit o' mine but that's how I keeps informed. Most never can get a good glimpse off 'em, by the time they do, it be to late. But the few who have...been under the light of the moon. They said to come from the south, from the Land of the Dead..."

"The Land of the Dead?" she drummed her nails on the table top. "Is that suppose to be some sort of pun, irony of a sort?"

The bartender leaned back and started to shine a glass. "You tell me..."

Veleanith nodded and turned away from the man, looking out into the dark, smoky bar. Just then, she noticed three odd people inside the room. Besides the commoners were an elf, one male, one female, while accompanying the male elf was a pitch black elf with long silver hair. Veleanith narrowed her eyes then a look of realization shone across her face. "Ah..."

She recognized the face, most people in her line of business did. He was an assassin, one of the best. 'But what the hell would one of his prestige be doing here?' She finished up her wine before jumping off the seat. "Interesting..." she turned to the barman. "I'll require a room for the night. I'm quite sure the coin shall cover it."

"Yes ma'am." he tossed her a key and she caught it as she headed towards the stairs.

Veleanith walked, only pausing to whisper by the assassin in a sly tone. "Such...pretty silver hair." He glanced to the side, but she had already retired to her room, the whisper merely a ghost's breath...

((Alright, all done. Hope it was alright with what I did, if not, let me know, ciao))

AcrypT
OOC: I found the Drow dictionary and I searched for what you said and came up with nothing stick out tongue the elven dictionary is much easier to use. It's kinda cool though, for all I know you could have just calls me an 'over grown ass bubble' and it still sounds cool. oh nvm, my bad, it took me a while... "Doer ussta abbil" = "Come my friend", this could be interesting...
Midnight I don't think you could disappoint me with something you post even if you really tried roll eyes (sarcastic)

'Usstan uil naut iz' Usstan xal doer a alust ' (I am not as I may seem at first), Istalindir said in bad Drowish toung with a smile.
'Come let us see what business the huntress has with us', he said getting up along with Vistalzidar. They approached the huntress, 'You know what it is we hunt in the south?', Istalindir asked while looking first at her bare feet, then slowly at her clothing and finally resting on her worn face, it was beautiful but it looked as if it had know a great deal of travel during its time on earth.

Bildo
"So how much do i owe you for the cape then" Lanilor said searching his big pockets. "That be two silver my good man" said the shop owner.
Lanilor pulled out a few coins and took out two silver and said "Her we go" and handed over the coin "oh and im not so good" Lanilor said putting the cape on lacing it up. As he opened the door he hung the big hood so it drapped over his face so no sunlight sunlight could see an inch of flesh. The door closed behind him and he looked around for an inn of some sorts. He saw one just over the big main road/dirt track called the 'Big Inn' but it didnt look so big. He walked quickly across the road and saw a few people starting to move about and open there stalls nice and early in the morning. He walked in the door and saw a bar with no people in exept the bar tender and a waitress.

"Hello there my friend how may we be of service" Lanilor looked at the pair and the landlord looked like the norm a Lizard-man but the waitress she looked more normal, human-like but they were all dead. He just shook his head and replied "Um yes my good man i would be looking for a room" he said bringing down his hood. The look on the waitresses face was a picture. He looked on and waited for the Lizard-man to reply " yes we have a few available" Lanilor flicked a gold coin in to the landlords hands "will that cover it" he said with a smile.
"Yes sir it will do fine" he said pocketing the coin. "Here Ismalia show the man to his room" he said and he handed her the key. She blinked a few times and came back to reality "yes of course, right this way sir".
She walked through a door and up a flight of stairs.

She was wear the tradional waitress clothing the black and white, frilly short skirt you know the type.
She got to the door and turned and faced Lanilor with the key hanging from her finger "So whats your name stranger" she said with a smile on her face "Lanilor" he said there was a pause " im really sorry but i am quite tired so ill be off to bed" he said holding his hand out. "Ok stranger ill see you later" she said dropping the key in his hand. She walk back down the corridor and looked back with a quick wink she was gone and Lanilor unlocked the door and went inside. He looked around the room and saw the bed and went straight for it, he jumped on and then he lad on his back and closed his eyes, he then brought his hood right over his face and put his to forarm blades across his heart. You cant be to careful he thought to himself and went straight under into a deep sleep.
(ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz ZZZZZzzzz)

((OOC: Hope that enought for you guys lol.))

Kohldia
Melcanin turned as she took her first spoonfull of soup, "I do indeed, they slaughtered many of those who I used to know as well as the ones cared for by those who now occupy positions in my small forrest dweller tribe. We seek more than vengence upon the cratures you hunt, we seek their blood and evidence of their demise." Her eyes were as icy as her tone as she spoke, there was an unsettled evil between Melcanin and her chosen prey.

Decomposition
'You know what it is we hunt in the south?'
Vistalzidar eyed the huntress with a smile still on his face from Istalindir's use of his native tongue. He took in her bare feet and clothing and then made eye contact. He was about to bow and greet her when a soft whisper floated to his ears.
"Such...pretty silver hair."
Vistalzidar glanced left quickly, but his vision encountered no one, the person having already disappeared. Vistalizidar frowned slightly. Had he imagined it?
He shook his head and turned back to the huntress who was replying, ""I do indeed, they slaughtered many of those who I used to know as well as the ones cared for by those who now occupy positions in my small forrest dweller tribe. We seek more than vengence upon the cratures you hunt, we seek their blood and evidence of their demise."
"Lye vithel

Decomposition
OOC: lol...I guess I was too slow...will edit the above post

Kohldia
Melcanin turned slightly to the tall foreigner, "So you are indeed Drow as I first suspected, may I enquire as to which province as I do not recognise your accent."

Decomposition
OOC: **** this 15 minute edit rule pisses me off...okay...ignore the last few elven words on my post above..

((continued from above...))

"We too seek more than vengence," Vistalzidar stated simply as he watched the huntress spoon her soup. "We seek to learn how they can be felled, so that we may be able to launch a proper resistance at a later date."
He clamped his mouth shut quickly, cuttting himself off. He wasn't sure he should just blurt out that Istalindir was working for the Court of Sand and Stone to just anybody.
"So you are indeed Drow as I first suspected, may I enquire as to which province as I do not recognise your accent."
Vistalzidar bowed slightly. "So sorry, lady, but with all due respect, you may not."

Kohldia
Melcanin nodded in respect, "You are wise and cautious, my compliments." She finished off the soup and sighed a little, "I am gladdened that you are in the same persuit as I," She glanced at the Drow, "I request to join your hunting party."

Decomposition
Vistalzidar motioned to Istalindir. "You will have to request that of my young Elven friend here, huntress, for it is his hunting party. Although I myself would welcome the company"

Kohldia
Melcanin nodded, "I then ask you the same question," She pushed the bowl away and turned, awaiting the younger elf's reply.

Decomposition
Vistalzidar took the opportunity to glance about the tavern. The female voice from earlier echoing in his mind. "Such...pretty silver hair."
He smiled, wondering who would comment in such a sly, saultry voice to a Drow and wishing desperately to meet the face behind the voice. He wondered how she could have disappeared from the room so quickly, but shrugged it off. Any number of strange beings inhabitet this city, the answer to that particular question would probably take forever to solve.
He glanced at Istalindir, who still hadn't replied as he seemed to assess the huntress' request with great care for one so young.
*L'alurl abbil zhah dosstan* his father's words echoed through his mind. He shook them off angrily, the time had come to put his trust in others equally.
"You may join us," Vistalzidar answered for Istalindir, not particularly caring if the young Elf was offended. "We will need all the help we can get."

Kohldia
Melcanin smiled just a little, knowing that to smile did not suit her normal sombre expression she bowed her head in respect and gratitude, "I thankyou for your decision."

ImmortalSamurai
Trathos hammered away at the red hot blade. For months he had been working as a Blacksmith in the town of Astradom. The Large elf's muscle shone with sweat as he continued ponding out the steel. Trathos had saved up enough money to travel To Daedoloth(Sp? Land of the Dead). The blade he was making now was a straight Broadsword designed to break bones as the blade sliced into it's target. "Trathos, I'm off to the pub. When you get done put everything away and close up. Later my boy." Dakuan said as he grabbed his cloak and went to the door.

"Don't worry about it Dakuan, I'll take care it all. After i quench this blade, and then I'll join you." Trathos said as he Used his metal tongs to pick up the glowing blade and set it in the trough of water. Steam rose with as his as the steel instantly hardend. Trathos looked at the blade as he sat it on the rack with dozens of finished blades. Trathos then turned to Dakuan as he removed his smithing apron. "My Dwarfen friend, tomorrow you need to polish and mount these. After we sell them to the buyers then i shall take my share and be off on my journey. Tonight however, we celebrate." Trathos said as he made his way to the door, after throwing a bucket of sand on the burning embers of the fire.

"HA HA! Yes young one, we will celebrate your mastery of the sword, both in forging and in battle. Come, the brew won't last all night!" Dakuan said as they both left for the pub.

midnite127

AcrypT
OOC: lol, you could of had me agree. I'm not gonna be on at the time most of you guys are on so I'll probably only get 1 or 2 posts a day. That means that if there's any way I'm gonna be part of this story you guys are going to have to make me do things from time to time.

Istalindir was debating how to respond, slowly his thoughts drifted back to his home town, his vision blurred and was replaced with a memory. He remembered coming to aid his friends in Mitsan only to find the town laying in ruins, bodies scattered everywhere, he remembered the horrifying images of flesh being torn from bone by the foul creatures, he remembered he scene of them devouring the dead...
He heard voices coming from nearby but they were only an echo of a voice... He remembered sending endless arrows flying at the creatures which splintered into a thousand pieces when coming in contact with them, he remembered their pale white skin.... "You may join us, we will need all the help we can get." he heard in a more clear voice which brought him back to reality. It happened to often in the past few days where Istalindir would find himself drifting back into recent memories, they haunted both his dreams and his thoughts.
'I agree, we will need all the help we are offered...Today will soon be over, let us rest tonight for tomorrow we will be setting out. I will leave a message with the owner of this Inn, hopefully he will send any wanderers seeking vengeance on the beasts in our direction to join us. I will also tell him to prepare food and fresh horses for the three of us to be ready in the morning. I must leave you two now to make some arrangements for tomorrow and for myself.' Istalindir left their side leaving the two alone and went into the back room where the barman was bending over a large box muttering to himself, he seemed to be delighted with something. 'Ahem', Istalinder made a noise to indicate he was there, the barman turned around with a flash, trying to hide the inhabitant of the box, 'Oh it is you kind sir', he said calming down. He opened his hand reveling some gold coins, 'You have brought good fortune with you, never in my life h-'
'I would hardly call this good fortune', he cut in, noting the coins, 'You may not live to enjoy the gold you now treasure, a bad time is approaching, we seek to hunt and kill the beast from the south. They may be the doom of us all. Here take these', Istalindir placed another two gold coins in the mans hand, 'Tomorrow me ad my company of three will be needing food and fresh horses for a long journey, one coin is for you and the other for you to buy us our supplies. Have them ready at dawn along with a proper breakfast, for we set out early tomorrow.' Istalindir looked down at his cloths for a moment, 'Also if you could provide me with some simple clothing I would be grateful.'
'Surly sir, I will do as you ask, you have no reason to doubt me, everything will be ready as you asked. As for clothes, there may be something that suits you over there...', the man pointed to a rack of clothing that looked as if they had been forgotten by travelers passing by. He picked out a plain white shirt and simple brown leather armor on top to cover his mithril, with his green cloak to cover the whole lot he now looked no different from any other man in the city.
The owner was still standing next to the box looking at him, 'I have not introduced myself much like yourself',Istalindir said making his way back to the man, 'My name is Istalindir, I am the last survivor of my hometown Mistan which now lay defeated.'
The man bowed his head slightly, 'I am Evert Scornge, I have owned this place for as far back as I can remember, it is my honour to know such brave souls as yourself. If there is any way I can aid you further let me know', Evert said.
'There is one more thing', Istalidir said, 'If you meet any travelers seeking revenge in the south then send them to Mardonin, that is where we will be heading first.'
'Not only will I send them to you but I will aid them in whatever way I can', Evert said proudly.
'I thank you, you are a good man Evert but I must join my company now and get ready for the journey that awaits us.' Istalindir made his way back to the main room.

Decomposition
Vistalzidar's ears pricked suddenly at some strange noises coming from somewhere within the inn. "Such...pretty silver hair" The voice echoed through his mind.
Vistalzidar bowed to his two companions. "Excuse me for a moment my friends, there is something I must see to. I will meet you both back here shortly."
He quickly left them and headed into the back hallways of the inn. He noticed the confused expression on the face of a passer by and stopped them.
"I heard strange noises, is something happening back here?"
The patron shook their head. "Just some wierdo in a room down the hall. Place seems to be full of strange people these days."
Vistalzidar absently gave the patron his thanks as he pushed passed and made his way down the hall, where he noticed small fragments of wood scattered across the floor.
Something flicked at the back of his senses and his head snapped up to look at a door. There was a hole in it, and through it he could see a figure placing something inside a cloak and strapping a bow and arrows to their back.
"I've got one last job to do," Vistalzidar's elven ears picked up as the figure donned its hood and then jumped clean out the window. The next came quieter, but Vistalzidar still picked it up, "A little unfinished business."
Vistalzidar smiled...it was the voice, he was sure. "Such...pretty silver hair. He shook his head and quickly worked his way to the bar, pausing only to throw an "I'll be right back" over his shoulder to Istalindir and the Huntress.
Out on the street, he hurried through the throng, using his elven senses to his advantage and quickly picked the figure out of the crowd in the distance.
He grinned. Soon it would be night, and with the help of the shadow he could pry into the figures business with relative ease. Still, he checked that his weapons were in order just in case.

Decomposition
OOC: I start work at the mine here tomorrow...so whilst I'm on shift I'll only be able to do a couple of posts a day also...so AcrypT and Midnite, feel free to control Vistalzidar if you need him to do something in any particular situation...lol...just dont too crazy with him ya?

midnite127
Veleanith calmly walked down the sidewalk, brushing past people hurrying off to rest in the late hours of the evening. She kept her hands within her pockets, her gaze fixed on a farm like house a good twenty minutes walk away.

'It should not take me too long...if my brother could do it, why not I?' she quickened her pace, not bothering to enjoy the cool evening, her mind focused on only one goal. She was so intent on her goal that she didn't even notice the movement behind her in the shadows...

After briskly walking for twenty minutes, she stood a few yards away from the house with an expression of scrutiny at the man's home. "The lights...their all out. Every last one..." She wasn't sure of the man she was after affinity, but she was starting to think it had something to do with shadow.

Veleanith looked up into the night sky, which, to her surprise had grown a dark shade of grey and overcast. She shrugged it off as she crept into the entrance of the house, quietly closing the door behind her. The room was unkept and musty, pitch black save for a candle on a corner table, the window bringing in light from the thunder that had started to roll in.

She walked calmly through the house, listening for any sudden movements when she felt a strange presence. She whipped around, only seeing darkness. But she couldn't shake it...the feeling as if the shadows were fighting, one versus the other, someone trying to overcome the darkness filtering the house. She took a breath, and the feeling left, leaving her with the dimness of the candle in the house.

A roll of thunder was heard in the distance. Veleanith turned to the window, expecting to see rain start to come down. Just then, lightning illuminated the sky, revealing a glint of silver in the darkness. She widened her eyes, and jumped to the side, just when a man lunged out from the darkness, sword in hand.

He swung at her once more, but she stepped back, taking out a bow and arrow swiftly. She took aim and fired, but the man placed his sword in front to guard, knocking the arrow aside. He charged towards her whereas she stood in place. Inches away from hitting her, she moved to the side, aiming an arrow to the back of his head. However, she found a blade to the tip of her neck.

"You are quite the challenger. I can see why my brother would have wanted to go up against you." she said, her aim still steady.

The man made a face. "If he wanted to go up against me, why isn't he here?"

"I'm afraid he couldn't make it, so I'll be his replacement." she responded tonelessly.

"Coward...sending someone I could easily behea-"

"You'd get an arrow to your head before you could tilt the hilt." she said icily. She lowered her bow, the man lowered his sword.

He turned around and looked to her with a bitter expression. "Believe that if you wish..." he sheathed his sword as he started to lead her out to his backyard, a field of grass. He walked several feet away before facing her. "We shall settle this like true combatants, despite your female status."

Veleanith smiled quickly before placing on her stone face. "I'm willing to take that as a compliment, sir," She took out her bow and arrow and tilted her head with a dangerous expression. "Whenever you're ready..."

midnite127
((OOC: Excuse my french, but I really, really, Really f*cking hate the computers at my school. Made up the continuation to the post above when I had the time and it went and deleted it miffed: Well, anyways, when i have the time, i'll continue it and I hope you don't mind if I use your character a bit, Decomp...promise I won't go too crazy shifty ))

midnite127

midnite127

Kohldia
Melcanin walked over to the bar, peering over, "Uh Evert?" Evert peeked up at her, "Oh Melcanin, good to see you again." Melcanin nodded, "To you also my friend, I am travelling with that young elf who just made the request, you know which horse and items I require, here are two more gold coins to pull them from your vaults and repair them if need be...and buy Martia that horse in the third corrall, she's been caring for it for years and deserves him." Evert smiled, "I shall do so Melcanin, always a pleasure." Melcanin smiled back and made her way into her regular room.

Decomposition
Vistalzidar glanced at the time piece upon the wall behind the bar and frowned in thought. It was dark outside alright, but it was still reasonably early. He decided he would indeed leave to check on his horse before meeting uo with his young elven friend again.
As he left the tavern, he concentrated effortlessly, trailing his fingertips across the ancient Drow writing on his leather armour and muttering in a low tone. Instantly, the night swirled around him, cloaking him in their familiar comforting embrace, clouding him from wandering eyes.
He smiled and breathed in the cool night air deeply, his thoughts wandering back to the encounter with the mysterious vampire-like woman on the rooftops. He gently touched his cheek where she had placed her hand, still feeling as if that soft skinned hand was lingering there.
"Who are you, stranger?" He muttered to himself in wonder.
"Who goes there!"
The challenge snapped Vistalzidar out of his dream like state and he cursed under his breath at the interuption. Angered, he lashed out with his shadows, clouding the guards mind so much that he passed out and fell in a heap at his post. A second guard cursed and went to check on the first, but Vistalzidar clouded his mind a little also, and sent the guard back to his post.
"Good evening, sir," the guard said as Vistalzidar dropped his shadowed cloak and walked through the city gates. "Nice night for a strole, eh sir?"
"Indeed," Vistalzidar replied in a curt tone. "Back to work soldier."
"Yes, sir!" The guard snapped to attention.
Vistalzidar smiled and shook his head at the fool, before setting off at a jog into the nearby woodlands. He hadn't gone far before he came to the clearing he had left his mount in.
His great black stallion, Ne'kalsa, meaning intelligent in the common tongue, stamped his foot and headbutted him in the chest as he walked close. Vistalzidar staggered back rubbing his chest, then slapped the horse lightly on the nose.
"What was that for, you brute?" He asked, and recieved another headbutt to the chest. "Alright, alright," Vistalzidar cried in defeat, holding up his hands, palm outwards. "You win!"
He reached into his pocket and retireved a couple of carrots he had stolen from the house he followed the mysterious woman to. Ne'kalsa whinneyed in delight and chomped the vegetables eagrely, nearly taking Vistalzidar's fingers with them.
"Easy, you beast!" Vistalzidar cursed with a chuckle. He set about brushing his mount down and when he had cared for him, he hugged Ne'kalsa's head.
"I shall return tomorrow morning and then we ride, my friend. We will have an Elf with us, of all creatures...two of them infact." Ne'kalsa flicked his head up and down in a fair imitation of a nod, bringing a smile to Vistalzidar's lips. "Aye, I thought you would enjoy that."
He pet his mounts nuzzle firmly. "Until tomorrow then, my friend," he said cheerfully and set off back towards the city and his new elven friends.

Bildo
((OOC: WOW guys do you want to write any more, god you have motored along since i last posted god lol. well ill try keep mine short. Good goin guys.))

*DREAM*

Lanilor was only little at the time like 6 or something and he was stood in his doorway and all he could see was his sister and his dad his sister was about 4 and she was was being carried away to a carrage at the centre of the road. His dad put his sister in the carrage on her own and said the driver he was a sort of elf or suming "Take her away from here its to dangerous here" the elf said "what about Lanilor" and pointed towards him "theres no time" his dad said "now go" and the elf bowed to him and jumped up to the helm. "goodbye hunni ill see you soon, go friend and godspeed" and the carrage raced off.

Lanilors dad was heading back to the house in a jog when a Lycan jumped down from a roof and took his dad out. They were rolling and wrestling for a while. Then his dad's best friend ran past Lanilor and shouted "close the door boy". Lanilor slammed the door and ran to the Window and saw all three of them fighting. Then about 3 more of them dropped down from nowere and circled them. Lanilor shouted "NOOOO" and ran under and hid under the bed unable to watch any more.

About half an hour l8r he heard the door slam he opened his eyes and looked towards his bedroom do and a figure came in "come out boy its safe" Lanilor crawled out and stood up it was his dad's best m8 and he said "im sorry boy your dad" he choked on his words "your dad is dead" he said and begun to cry "NOO" lanilor said and fell in to the mans arms crying.

*DREAM END*

Lanilor woke up suddenly in a cold sweat and breathing heavy. He looked up at the window and it looked dark outside. He put his arms down at his side and sat up and wiped his forehead with his hood.

midnite127
OOC: Thanx for that Bildo. This one's nice and short for me as well happy Then again, it's cause I ran outta time...ah wells

"I'm sorry but I shall be departing now. Is there a place to pick up market goods?"

"What? At this hour?!" The bartender had on his face a look of disbelief.

Veleanith drummed her fingers along the bar table, her hood back in place. Her eyes held a tired expression, a small smile on her face as she turned to the window, the stars shining brightly in the wee hours of the night. She had planned on leaving at sun-up but changed her mind, waking up three hours before that.

Even so, it didn't matter as she couldn't get back to sleep and even if she could, it was the last thing on her mind. All it did was place her into darkness, her brother's agonized screams echoing in her mind. She'd wake up drenched in sweat and her hazel eyes wide open, shivering violently despite the calm weather.

'It won't go away...it probably never will,' she had thought gravely after settling down. But it only served as her determination to find the creatures who had caused her distress.

Veleanith nodded to the man. "Yes now. I just need a little something before I go."

"Like what? I'm sure I could get you wh-"

"I need blood," she cutted in, her lips pressed together tightly. She hadn't fed for a few weeks now and it was really starting to get to her. She gave a dangerous smile. "Not unless you can give me this in high quantity, I think I'll be heading to the market now-"

She stopped talking at seeing the man place a jar of cool red liquid onto the table. She gave a look of confusion, then dipped a finger into the crimson liquid, sampling it. She made a face. "Sheep's blood?"

"No, I keep elves in the back room and ring them out when I have customer's like you," he said sarcastically. He let out a laugh, rubbing his belly. "Course it it. Take it or leave it."

Veleanith took out a flask from inside her robe and filled it up carefully with the crimson liquid, smirking all the while. 'Brother would probably be turn-, no, stirring in his grave at seeing me get blood this way. He'd turn in his grave from what happened earlier tonight...what with the Drow...' She gave a warm smile, her mind wandering when she started to realize the blood had started to overflow from the flask and to her hand.

She cursed in a strange tongue, licking the blood from her hand as she sealed up the flask. She smiled guiltily. "Sorry about that! I was just occupied. I truly apreciate how well you've been to me. I'd love to stay longer but I must depart before dawn breaks."

"Ah yes lass," he nodded his head. "You been on your way but be wary of thiefs on your way to destination."

"Yes sir," She walked to the door and waved a kiss off in the man's direction. "Take care!" The man nodded with a smile as she left the inn and walked out into the cool night air. She walked briskly through the town her mind set on only one location...

Kohldia
Melcanin awoke early to find the items she'd requested lain out across the room neatly, smiling also as she saw a fresh apple on the dresser, knowing full well that it was a small token of thanks from Martia. She stood and changed, leaving her clothes on the bed for storage in the vault, she now wore slightly less revealing clothing she'd worn last mission yet bore her signature enemy quivers upon the belt as a sign of the arrows that had been broken in the breast of the enemy. She donned her sword finally and walked from the room, out to meet her fate with her new kin.

ImmortalSamurai
Trathos had stayed all night in the pub with Dakuan. Dakuan had passed out hours ago and was sleeping it off near the door. Trathos had only the water from his gourd and went to carry his friend back to the smithy when he had bumped into something. "Pardon me, I....." Trathos turned to see a beautiful elven woman that appeared to be ready for battle. "I 'm sorry. I did not see you. What's a beautiful elf like you doing with a poorly made sword such as that. You look as though you're going into battle, might i presuade you to come by my shop and pick up a better one?" Trathos asked as he hefted the sleeping dwarf over his shoulder.

Kohldia
Malcanin smiled a little, "Thankyou for the offer but this word is generations old, I have used no other since my tutoring in the art. I hope you get your friend home safely, goodbye." She then began to make her way to the corall's to fetch and prepare her horse.

midnite127

Decomposition
Vistalzidar led Ne'kalsa into the city towrds the tavern and smiled at Malcanin as she crossed the street in the Direction of the corall's. He nodded to her, then turned and mounted his horse in one deft leap.
Istalidir chose that moment to appear from within, his armour and mail shining in the morning light.
Vistalzidar bowed as best he could from atop his stallion. "Vendui' ussta abbil. It is a fine morning to begin a hunt, is it not?" He asked, breathing the fresh morning air in deeply.
"It is," Istalindir agreed with a nod. "I look forward to it."
Vistalzidar smiled widely. "As do I, my young friend." He glanced at the sky. "Though, to tell you the truth, I will be much more comfortable with this whole situation once night falls."

Decomposition
(Continued from above)

Istalindir nodded. "I can imagine you would," he replied as he glanced at the Drows necklace.
Vistalzidar said, "Why don't you go and get your things while I take a slittle ride around the place to warm up Ne'kalsa here?" he slapped the stallions neck affectionately as he spoke. "I will meet you and the huntress at the southern gate."
With a nod, Istalindir began to croos the street and Vistalzidar clucked, sending his horse into a gallop with little coaxing. People jumped out of the way cursing and Vistalzidar laughed aloud as he gave his horse it's head and flew down the street towards the southern gate.

Kohldia
Melcanin was brushing the coat of her magnificent mare, a light golden coat fabled to the region of forrest which her people dwell. She slung the large packs on the hide end of Betrala and mounted her swiftly, smiling a little as the mare trotted out, passing the young elf on the way who seemed amazed at the magnificent beast, Melcanin smiled and whipped her hair behind her head as they exited the corral.

Decomposition
Vistalzidar barely used any knee pressure to draw Ne'kalsa into a slow walk in front of the startled guards at the southern gate. He nodded respectfully at them and recieved the expected scowls in response as he made his way around to the door at the side of the guard house.
As he entered the solid oak door, a young guard who was lounging on a bench reading scrambled to his feet, throwing the leather bound book against the wall in his haste.
"M-master Drow," he stammered. "I did not expect-"
Vistalzidar waved whatever the lad planned to say away. "Something has come up," he informed the young guard. "I must leave in a few minutes on a journey south. Do you have the information I requested?"
"Y-yes, Master Drow." The guard snatched up a parchment from a nearby desk and scanned it quickly. "The, ah, target, Master Drow, was...ah..." the guard blushed. "He slept with so many whores I'm surprised he's even able to walk, let alone ride...which he did, out of Astradom in the dead of the night."
Vistalzidar scratched his chin. "Hmmm, I was...occupied, at the time," he replied with a mysterious smile and the young guard couldn't help but return it.
"Occupied in a good way, I take it, Master Drow?"
Vistalzidar chuckled. "I'm not quite sure, lad, though we'll leave it at that eh? Now, where is the target going?"
"Ah," the guard consulted his parchment, "Mardonin, Master Drow."
Vistalzidar's face split in a wolfish grin. "What a coincidence, for so am I." He unhooked a fat purse from his belt and threw it to the guard. "Twenty gold pieces," Vistalzidar informed him, "for services well done."
The young guard's eyes widened. "But Master Drow, this is-is...I thought we agreed on ten?"
"You argue when I have paid you more?" Vistalzidar shook his head. "This target is of particular imporatance to my conclave, your information will be of great benefit. Consider the large payment as something that holds you to me in case I need your services again, if it will help."
The guard could only nod.
"I must leave, young...?"
"Karrek, Master drow. My name is Karrek."
"Karrek," he nodded. "Aluve'," he added in his native tongue, even though he knew Karrek would not understand him. He turned on his heel and left the hut, leaving the young guard to gaze in wide eyed wonder at the glimmering gold coins within the purse.

midnite127
"Going good so far..." Veleanith sighed in content. She placed her hands behind her head, looking up to the green canopy covering the sky with a smile, her heels resting in a rushing brook, the shadows from trees surrounding her. She spread out across the long tangled grass, unaffected by the sun as a small breeze blew.

Nearby, Midi leaned over, taking a sip of water from the brook with a calm demeanor. They had been travelling for a few hours, but after a moment, the water called out to Midi and the rain-forest like area beckoned out to Veleanith. The two had taken a break, it being around the afternoon but it wasn't really possible to tell as the trees were thick enough to make it seem as if evening had come.

Veleanith bobbed her head to an invisible rhythm, the grass blowing past her ears. She closed her eyes, listening to the world go past. A strange whisper went past her ears. She listened intently, suddenly, popping open her eyes as she gazed off into the distance.

'They're coming...'

She sat up quickly and shook out grass from her hair, throwing on her hood. She got up off the ground, walking briskly to Midi and leading her off to a tree. She waited behind it, then whispered, allowing a thick canvas of leaves and vines to drape over the two, hiding them.

Veleanith stroked Midi's neck, trying to stop her from neighing as she watched the path she had been relaxing in. She waited for a few minutes when she heard it. The sounds of several horses galloping a path through the forest. She watched as they rode by, on their backs clammy pale green riders with scabbards out, a loud wily laugh as they went.

She waited until they had all gone before walking out back to the path, stroking Midi's neck. "Nothing but cons and thieves they are. A dangerous band of people, depending on who you are, they'd rob someone blind or sometimes they capture. And with the rumors of the Death Eaters going around, they use it to their advantage, calling themselves thus. Anyone who hasn't had the unlucky fortune of bumping into the true creatures don't bother to fight them and give up their valuables, thinking they're the real thing..."

Veleanith stroked Midi's back once more before jumping back on, looking to their retreating footsteps. "It's despicable what they do...and yet, it has a touch of ingenuity to it..." She turned Midi around, heading back onto the road to Mardonin. "Lucky us, we avoided them for the time being. It's a sign though...we've wasted enough time at is." She poked into Midi's side. "Sorry for the short break...but it's time we set off again." With those final words the two continued on their journey...

AcrypT
OOC: I spent so much time on the resident evil thread that I'm too beat to propperly do this one, sorry, I'll be back to normal tomorow (9-12 hours) you guys (and girls) should just bring me along with you to the next town, I trust you won't make me do anything stupid. Again sorry I'm just realy tired (it's 2:30am over here).

midnite127

Decomposition
"Mardonin!" Istalindir called and pointed to the city appearing in the distance. "At last!"
Vistalzidar smiled. It had been a rather annoying trip, having to divert from the main road several times to avoid the detection of various ruffians and vagabonds prowling the nearby districts. Word of the Death Eaters had spread quickly and these types were willing to use the havok caused by the Death Eaters to their advantage.
Between the three of them, they probably could have survived any encounter, yet Vistalzidar preferred to avoid the confrontation and get to Mardonin safely. After all, he had a contract to complete.
Thought of the contract brought him back to another problem, for word of a female assassin's arrest had spread and, upon seeing a discarded sketch of the so called 'assassin', Vistalzidar was utterly shocked to see that it was the strange vampire woman he had encountered in Astradom.
She had been accused and arrested for crimes she 'supposedly' intended to commit against the very man Vistalzidar intended to kill. He was the true assassin in this situation, and the guards of Mardonin had made a grave mistake arresting the wrong person.
Vistalzidar frowned. He would have to move his schedual forward. He had planned to wait at least two or three days before making the hit, but now he would have to get it done in plenty of time to clear the strangers name.
A smile spread across his face as he thought of ways he could possibly be repayed for the service. With a chuckle in response to the strange looks sent his way by Istalindir and their huntress companion, Vistalizdar nudged his stallion forward into fast canter towards the gates of the city.

Dwarfdude
Njord Axeson rode full tilt out of the wood next to the road, cutting off Vistalzidar by accident. Two elves, men on patrol, rode after his great steed. Njord looked back, calling a sardonic "sorry" to the drow he had nearly rammed. He sped his horse up, and made a sharp turn towards the city. One of his pursuer's horse's slid out, and fell to the ground. He heard the rider curse, and he looked behind him to see the second still after him. He ground his horse to a halt, and turned to face the elf. The elf stopped as well. Njord hefted the spear he was carrying, and slung his shield (imagine a viking type shield) off his back and onto his arm. He smiled at his confused opponent.

"Let us settle this the old way...."

His opponent nodded and hefted his own spear. He reared his horse and rode toward Njord, who urged his own horse into a canter. They met midway, and his opponent lunged out. Njord, however, ducked to the side, and the elf lunged to far off his horse, falling to the ground. Njord trotted his horse over to his side, as he lay on the ground.

"Its nothing personal....But you tried to kill me...."

Njord stabbed down, and pierced the elves armor, drivng it into the heart. He withdrew the spear, and trotted back to the road, where he saw Vistalzidar again. He coughed.

"Can I trust that there will be no mention of that?"

Njord smirked, figuring he would have to pay the drow. He looked down at the being, from his massive 35 hand pitch black stallion. Njord himself had long black hair, and looked much like a man of old. But he was much taller, a giant, standing at 8'. The cothes he wore were simple, a chainmail shirt of steel, leather trousers, and a green shirt underneath, all under a black cloak. Apart from the spear, his weapons were two massive, but not to him, 6' (Celtic style) swords, and a throwing hatchet, made of a strange black metal. His forementioned shield had the design of a black dragon, against a backround of red. But the strangest thing about his was his eyes. They had no pupil, no iris, but they were just completely black. They had no white in them, just black. Pitch, jet black. They made most anyone shudder in fright.

"So, would you not tell those guards in the city ahead? Or need you more persuasion?"

midnite127
OOC: Even though you described your character a bit in your post you might wanna follow the guidelines and make your character in the character creation thread before ya actually start. That's just an idea roll eyes (sarcastic)

Veleanith stayed in the cell for several hours, waiting patiently until she saw the pale light from the crescent moon come from behind a small sheet of clouds and beam into her cell. She smirked, watching the shadows from outside the cell and gave a low whistle, a knowing glance.

From the shadows stepped a pale old man, his eyes wise beyond his years and a grey beard covering his face. He peered into the cell and shook his head. "Fine trouble you've gotten yourself into..."

"Oh hush. I need not the commentary..." she looked over the chains binding her to the wall then back to the man curiously. "So have you come to get me out or just to taunt me mercilessly?"

"A little of both. Mostly the latter," He chuckled. "So where is your brother in all of this drama? I would have thought he would have 'taken care' of the people who had done this to you by now..."

Veleanith bowed her head as she spoke in optimism, hiding her face. "Didn't you hear? He passed away awhile ago. Going into battle...most likely the way he wanted to go," She sucked up her breath and sighed as she looked back to the man with a weak smile. "So now I have to do the job."

"And to think you are to be killed in less than seven sun-rises. I would help you out but I'm afraid the guards caught me on my way to visiting you. Took away anything that might be of use to you," He shrugged. "Guess you'll have to rely on your own luck."

She smiled broadly. "Guess so. I believe I'll pick up the item I requested by tomorrow morning. I should be out by then but...by any chance; would you happen to know where they are keeping my things?"

The man looked up in thought, a boyish innocence across his face. He snapped his fingers in remembrance. "Ah yes...I believe your items are being held by the man who begged for protection from the town. He doesn't live too far off so getting there shouldn't be problematic."

Veleanith nodded her head. "Much thanks, Fargo. Tell your wife I said 'ello?"

"You can tell her yourself when you see her." He chuckled as he started to walk off. He started to mutter as he walked. "Strange happenings..."

"Wait!"

Fargo turned back to her with a puzzled expression. She frowned. "What was that last part? What do you mean strange?"

"Strange people. Besides you I might add," He chuckled once more. "A female elf, gorgeous she is. A male elf, not sure from where...a giant of a being, oddest one yet...and then, a dark figure, a Drow if I'm not mistaken."

Veleanith's expression turned distant. "A Drow...really now...you don't say..." she mumbled, her eyes glowing golden in thought.

The man looked to her suspiciously. "You shouldn't be getting that look in your eyes. What would your brother be saying...?"

"Hush," she smirked. "My brother couldn't control me even in life and his death isn't going to either. I shall repeat myself from earlier. Much thanks...enjoy the rest of your evening and do try to avoid the sunlight."

"Oh yes, laugh it up," he sneered, a bit of a smile visible as he started to walk away muttering. "Just cause she can survive under the light gets all cocky to those who can't..."

Veleanith shook her head, waiting until he had left the area around her prison before she grew serious, her eyes gaining a devious glint. She turned her head to the ivy tightly woven to her wrists. Despite it looking small, it was quite a large quantity of the plant, made somewhat for situations as the one she was in now.

She whispered to the bracelet, low and quietly in a strange tongue. Several strands sprouted out from the bracelet, writhing about in the shade and the moonlight. Her eyes glowed brightly as she gave a fierce whisper. The plant writhed about wildly on her wrist, stopping suddenly and sticking straight out. It shot upwards suddenly, shoving itself into the lock on the chains binding her hands.

She kept a constant whisper as the plant went to work, forcing itself into the tiny lock of the cuffs. "Success..." A sound of metal breaking was heard, followed by the sound of it falling to the floor. She shook out her hand and held it out to her face. "Lovely." She didn't bother whispering to the ivy bracelet on her other wrist but instead yanked the chain from her wrist with her free hand.

Veleanith stretched out her arms and yawned. She started to walk to the cell bars but stopped, hearing the conversation of the guards nearby. She tip-toed backwards, looking out to the window, thick bars covering it up.

She hissed in her strange tongue, her arms extended out to the bars and the ivy from her wrists flew to the metal, effectively managing to rip the bars from the wall. She lowered her whisper, closing her eyes as she turned her arms to a corner, causing the ivy to lower the bars onto the ground.

Veleanith clapped her hands together and rubbed them together. She scaled up the wall and pushed herself through the window opening quickly rebounding onto her feet once outside. She turned quickly to each side, making sure the area was secure. Nobody seemed to be prowling around the area. She sighed, securing the small ribbon of ivy keeping her hair together at the bottom before she started on her venture.

'Despite my lack of a proper shadow attribute, I'll have to use the dark to my advantage, sneak around until I get to the target's house, recover my stuff, visit the old man, then get the hell out,'

She gave a laugh, shaking her head as she crept quietly into an alley. "All in a night's work."

Decomposition
((Indeed Dwarf dude, You are quite welcome to join I'm sure, just be sure to place your characters bio in the appropriate thread.))

Vistalzidar smiled at the man who looked like a giant version of the extinct beings known as humans he had seen in an ancient book and scratched his chin in thought.
"Work for me," Vistalzidar replied. "Join us on our quest and become my right hand man...I could use someone of your size and strength when I need to complete certain-" He stopped suddenly, realising he was about to say 'certain hits', "...tasks...when I need to complete certain tasks."
He pointed at the stranger with a silver arrow. "Do this for me and I shall keep silent." He glanced at the others, "As will my companions, though I can't speak for them."
He fixed the strangers black eyes with an icy silver glare. "Refuse, and I will do more than inform the city guards, if you take my meaning?"

Dwarfdude
Njord laughed heartily, but in good-humor, at this last comment. He nodded, understanding his meaning. He had never gone toe to toe with a drow before, and had no wish to. He looked at the city ahead.

"I go by Njord Axeson, if you wondered. And your name is...?"

He raised a questioning eyebrow, and then added.

"Oh, and your quest and tasks, may I inquire as to what they might include?"

He hoped they were on the same as his own, but it was a weak hope. He had long seeked adventurers that knew of the beings, and none did. But he always asked, always keeping a small ray of hope.

Decomposition
Vistalzidar cocked his head to one side in thought. He supposed, if this man was going to be with them, he should know the truth.
"My name is Vistalzidar," He said and effected a bow in his saddle. "And as to our quest...We hunt that which has been running rife through the gossip mills all over this fine land. We hunt that which has massacred our people and will massacre many more. We seek those known in our tongues as the 'Death Eaters', the Gurtha Maten!"
Vistalzidar raised a quizzicle eyebrow. "Still willing to join us my freind?" he chuckled. "We head south after Mardonin to kill one, and only one, Gurtha Maten, in order to transport the body to the Court of Sand and Stone for study. With any luck, they will find an easy way for the beasts to be killed."
Vistalzidar removed his dagger and slit his palm with its razor sharp edge. then handed it hilt first to Njord. "I will need a blood oath from you, my gargantuous friend, or all bets are off and you will catch my earlier meaning in a heartbeat."
Vistalzidar waited with a smile curling his lips, wondering if Njord was really willing to swear in blood to a complete stranger. His hand rested lightly on the silver hilt of his Drow Shadow Sword and his smile broadened; Njord, it seemed, had little choice.

ImmortalSamurai
Count My character as dead some how or kohldia can control him. I will be away for two months at least so i will do nothing but bog u down.

Regards, ImmortalSamurai

Kohldia
Melcanin's mare stopped and turned her head to the rear, she tensed her jaw and ignored it for a moment until Betala would no longer move forward, she sighed and glanced behind, raising an eyebrow slightly and chuckling, "'Tis nothing Betala let us continue." The mare whinnied a little, nodding it would seem and continuing toward the gate of Mardonin, as she approached the large gate opened slowly, welcoming her.

Dwarfdude
Njord eyed the blade. He finally sighed, and slit the back of his left hand, letting the blood dripp onto the blade. The wound quickly healed, in fact in a matter of minutes, it had dissapeared, leaving only a small scar. He spoke in a low voice as they entered the gates of the fortified town.

"Tell me freind, would you happen to have a picture of these creatures you speak of? I have heard these rumors, and want to learn to look of one myself...."

A dog barked as they entered. Njord looked at it, muttered something ina rough tongue, and the dog quieted, sitting and wagging as they went by.

"Discretion is the better part of valor, as I always say."

He chuckled.

Kohldia
Melcanin dismounted and walked through to the coralls, her mare following slowly behind her, she smiled up at the amber eyes of her friend, "Rest here and we shall gallop the fields in the morning dear friend." She whipered in elvish and took the large packs outside for Betala to rest.

Decomposition
Vistalzidar watched the huntress leave without a word before turning back to Njord as he produced the parchment with his sketch. He handed it to the large man.
"They're ugly bastards," Vistalzidar quipped as Njord unfolded the parchment. "One can only see them clearly under the light of the moon. Which will be advantageous to our party, for I am in my element during the night."
Vistalzidar retireved his blade as Njord handed it back whilst still looking at the picture. "That sketch is highly detailed as you can see," Vistalzidar said. "Study it well, for it could come in handy to remember their structure. But study it at a later date, for I need your help with something this night."
Njord glanced up from the sketch with a quizzical brow raised. Vistalzidar smiled and held up a finger telling him to wait and turned to Istalindir.
"My young elven friend, why dont you go make yourself comfortable in the city, or do whatever it is you want to do...I need to discuss business with our new friend here.
Istalindir nodded silently, already guessing that they would speak about Vistalzidar's shadowy profession and kicked his mount into motion, heading for into the bustle on the city streets.
Vistalzidar turned back to Njord. "You have shed your blood for me, therefor I can entrust you with information that usuall never circulates beyond my sect. From this day forward, you can consider yourself an honoury member of a Drow assassins guild."
"Tonight, I have to make a hit, and it is the perfect time for your first hit. It will be challenging, for sure, but I'm sure a big boy like yourself can handle it. Tonight, my friend, we kill the Vice Regent, who happens to be here in Mardonin this very day and will be for the next week."
Vistalzidar stopped to judge Njord's reaction to his target, but the big man kept his face neutral, giving away nothing.
"I can't tell you why, for I don't even know myself, but it is essential to my master that this man dies. Keep in mind one thing, Njord...once you begin this game, there is no turning back. Understood?"

midnite127
Veleanith made her way through a series of twists and turns throughout the shadier parts of the village, working her way towards the core of the city. In truth, she wasn't sure just exactly where she was going, but she figured she might as well try to find the place on her own before resorting to questioning.

'And it's doubtful I could just walk into a pub and ask for directions to the man's house that I was supposedly going to kill. Although...' She leaned out over a corner, looking down a sidewalk for civilians. '...If I'm obviously not the assassin after him, then who the hell is...?'

She stood in thought for two seconds before slapping her hand on her forehead, her eyes scrunched up. "Silver hair, who else? Not unless other dark assassin's are wandering the province, it has to be him, no? Interesting...possibly we may meet again..."

A smile shone across her face, her eyes glowing deviously. She shook away her thoughts, pounding her fist lightly against the dew covered dark brick like building. "Enough of that, focus, Vele..." She scanned the windows of the buildings nearby, looking for something of hers that might stand out.

"Wait a minute," She narrowed her eyes, cautiously stepping from the alleyway to get a good look at something that had caught her interest. Or to be more precise, someone. It was the little foxboy from earlier, switching off a candle in a poor shack of a home.

Veleanith tilted her head, her eyes narrowed and her expression unreadable. She made her way to the house, sneaking in through a window and leaned her head to the little boy, his eyes closed tightly.

"Good evening," she sang in a sweet tone, the smallest hint of threat to it. The boy opened up an eye groggily. At seeing who had woken him from his slumber, his eyes popped open as he fell off the bed in a tangle of sheets. He started to head to the door but Veleanith beat him, closing it before he could open it an inch. "Don't run...it's fun when they do but please, don't." she said, her eyes shining brightly with her smile.

The boy looked to her terrified. "Please...I...Miss...I didn't mean anything about ear-"

Veleanith scoffed. "Like hell you didn't." She looked to the boy strangely and at realizing what he was thinking let out a small laugh. She leaned down to him and gave a smile that hid her fangs. "Little boy...I did not come here to kill you. Merely to ask a question. Good will come out of it but only if you are honest. Is that clear?"

The boy nodded his head fervently. She shook her head, grasping his chin and tipping his face in her direction gently. "No nods. Clear answers. Understood?" she asked in a quiet voice.

"Yes ma'am. Yes.' He said quickly, nodding his head as she held him.

Veleanith shrugged, taking what she could get. "Good. Now," She let go of him and rose her eyebrow. "Would you happen to know how to get to the manor where they're holding my stuff?"

"The Vice Regent's house? Yeah sure, but he's paranoid. Guards are all over the place and awfully upset about having to guard him considering the threats passed. But wait-" The boy's eyes widened. He clamped a hand over his mouth, realizing he had just warned the supposed one after his life.

Veleanith waved her hand. "I am not going to kill the man. That's not my job. I just need to get my stuff back. Dispatching the guards should be easy enough, I've done it-"

"Not those kind of guards," interrupted the boy in a muffled voice. He shook his head, unsure why he believed her, but continued on despite his misgivings. "Most of them have shadow affinity's, archers waiting in the dark. Though, they're really average in skill, cloaking is about all they can do, only revealing themselves when they're about to fire. One has light, illuminating the darkest places. He's the head of 'em all."

Veleanith grew annoyed at the news and started to examine her nails underneath the moonlight to calm her temper. "And how exactly did you hear of all this? I'm sure it's not information they willingly spread out throughout the town." She looked to the boy inquisitively.

The boy walked over to his broken down bed, sliding his feet across the floor. "Well...for starter's, I have really good hearing. And two, I'm a pickpocket," He beamed proudly, his ears perking up. "Finding out stuff along with takin 'em is all part of the trade!"

"Well, we all have to get by somehow," she shrugged. "Now as for the directions..."

The boy nodded, telling her where to go. He then looked around beneath his bed, taking out his cap from earlier and handing it to her. She looked to him with confusion. "For your hair...it's really conspicuous."

Veleanith rolled her hair up into the ratty paper-boy hat and gave a smile in surprise. "Thanks...thank you a lot," She walked over to the window. "Don't worry, I will pay you back but as for now," She whispered, holding out her left hand and sending a string of ivy towards the boy. It wrapped around his neck, a thorn pricking him. His eyes flittered and he collapsed onto the bed in a deep sleep.

She shook her head and turned back to the window. "It's best you think this all a dream." She jumped from the window, carefully back onto the sidewalk and with an expression of amusement made her way to the home of the Vice Regent.

Decomposition
((Dwarfdude, I hope you don't mind the little things I do wih your character, like the raising of the eyebrows and the few word answers, its just that its needed to advance my posts...you can do the same with Vistalzidar if you need to))

Vistalzidar and Njord crouched in the shadow of a building across the street from the Vice Regent's manor, watching the patrolling guards carefully.
"Some of them have an affinity to Shadow," Vistalzidar informed his companion. "They seem pretty poor though," he scoffed. "In fact, they are the lowest of lows as far as power is concerned...only one with no affinity to Shadow would have less."
"Damn!" he sword suddenly and Njord glanced at him with a quizzicle brow raised. "Light," Vistalzidar explained. "I can feel one with an affinity for light...powerful, very powerful. At least as proficient as I am with Shadow."
"You can sense all this?"
Vistalzidar nodded. "Shadow and it's opposite, Light...both are easy for me to detect." He knocked a silver arrow to his bow. "let's get this over with quickly. I don't fancy facing this Light weilder for too long, if at all."

midnite127
Veleanith walked up to the side of the estate, looking up into the shadow filled rooftop of the corner's of the manor. She narrowed her eyes in close watch, leaning against a tree as the moon was revealed from behind a cloak of clouds. "Somebody's watching me..." she sang under her breath, crooning low into the tree.

She squatted down and placed her fingertips into the grass, whispering passionately before turning her gaze upwards. "Find them..." she whispered, her eyes closed in concentration. Beneath the ground, a slight shiver could be seen as a small path made it's way to the side of the house. At reaching the wall, the strand grew up against the wall, moving eerily in it's life as it reached the roof, wrapping itself around a shadow.

She let out her breath in a whisper, motioning the plant towards her. "Come to me," From the shadows, it pulled quickly, faster than most could see, dragging to her a fox-like being in adult form. He looked to her enchanted and with horror as she began to smile. "You weren't going to try and snipe me, now, were you?"

Veleanith took from him his bow and arrow as the plants held him in place, several strands wrapped tightly around his mouth. She took away his arrows and placed them onto her back before placing her chin in her hand and tilting her head. "Now what shall I do with you...? Strangle..." She held out the ivy on her right wrist, writhing about quickly in the dark. She turned to her left, the ivy moving slowly in a dance. "...or sleep?"

He widened his eyes horrified as she balanced her hands in decision. She finally sighed and whispered to her left bracelet, the ivy wrapping around his neck, pricking him, and sending him into a hallucinary dream. "Lucky you, I was in a good mood." She stripped him of his soldier's outfit, throwing it over hers, then placed the arrows over her back, the bow tightly in hand.

Veleanith stepped from the trees out onto the estate and smiled. "This will do quite nicely." She started to walk calmly along the side of the building when she noticed an archer appear from nowhere. She knew she was starting to strain herself and with reluctance, whispered into her bracelets and slid him down onto the ground into an unconscious heap.

It wasn't until she had knocked him out when she realized that it wasn't her he had been aiming for. She looked out into a shadow of a building across the street and briefly saw a hint of silver before it completely left her sight. A smile formed across her lips. "Stranger..."

Dwarfdude
Njord took one glance at the paper, his heart leaping. He closed the parachment up immeadiatly, muttering.

"Trust me freind, I have no need to see a picture....I know that beast well enough..."

He listen to the Drow, how he spoke of the the assassins guild, ect. An honorary member? Quite. Njord did not approve of assassins, though he had done some in his lifetime. Using the dark as an ally, and killing through trickery, that was not the way of the Celtica. His people believed that only through facing your enemy, stabbing him down, seeing the blood gushing forth onto your legs, that was the only way to kill with honor. Assassins, who used the dark and killed from a distance, they had no honor. But also, Celtica believed that no matter what, one must keep his oath of honor, even if it meant doing something dispicable. So Njord nodded, agreeing.

"Indeed, lets get this done with, but let us do it through cunning, not slaughter. That is the assassins way, isnt it?"

He grinned. Njord beckoned to the dog who had barked at them earlier. It came trotting up beside his horse, and he lent down, speaking to it in a strange, rough, Nordic tongue. The dog wagged, showing understanding, and ran forth.

"Now watch and prepare..."

The dog went sniffing about, and suddenly barked, at seemingly nothing. A sudden hissing sound came fro the shawdows, and the glint of an arrowhead. A guard stepped out, shooing the dog, and Vistal let fly, piercing him right through the neck.He fell and was dragged back into shadow by the doog, to dispose of the body. Njord dismounted, taking his spear and horse behind a nearby building. He walked towards the gate, and a few others stepped out of the shadows to meet him. He looked behind him, at Vistal, and winked. But he also noticed a female, not like the others, staring at Vistalzidar. He was slightly puzzled, but showed nothing.

Kohldia
Melcanin stepped beyond the gates to witness the magic used by the Nordic warrior within the animal. She raised an eyebrow as she continued to watch, the small stones entied around her neck and wrists glowed slightly, a small shimmer picked up only by her own eyes and no other. She nodded and walked slightly to the Drow, "You have made a wise choice, this Nordic man has a hidden magic that I am sure that he knows of, he will be more than usefull to the plight and the alliegence you hold with him." She turned then to look up at the man she spoke of, "I am Melcanin Rueinde'eel leader huntress of the Forrest fortresses, I am pleased to see that your mind did not cloud your souls judgement to join in our quest master of the Nords." She spoke formally to him, respecting what she had just seen and the fact that she did not know him well as yet.

Dwarfdude
OOC: I'm way far away in front of the gate...

Kohldia
OOC: I approached the Drow, he's with you...so yeah...you're turn :P

Dwarfdude
OOC: This is the part when your speaking to me, right? Well you can't be, since I'm way over yonder with the gaurds.

Kohldia
OOC: Ugh, you like to make my life difficult dont you? Fine then, ignore it and keep going, pretend that I only spoke to the Drow.

Dwarfdude
OOC: Just asking: How do I make your life difficult, when I've only complained, with legitimate reason, about one thing you've posted? Its not like I'm spreading rumor about you giving head to the ugliest kid in your class or anything. If you had given me a reason for the statement, I would have understood, but instead you simply said "Check again", and when you either simply were pushed to the breaking point, by god knows what, or you realized my argument was right and couldnt take it, you complain that I've made your life difficult? In what aspect, praytell? Are you so obsessive compulsive that you cant admit that you made a mistake? Or perhaps you've just had a bad day, and dont feel like talking? Either way, I'm rambling.

So, why am I making your life difficult?

no expression.....I feel like a ****ing shink.....no expression

Kohldia
OOC: Oh lol, I've just had a bad beginning to what should be a good/cheery month, despite the fact I've given up all faith in christmas and in my own luck. Ah well, no need to bring that here, just continue I really dont mind and sorry if I offended you.

Dwarfdude
OOC: Ah I see. I'm gunna stop filling the topic with junk now though.

Bildo
((OOC: Hey guys soz i aint been on in a while been pretty busy but i back now but this post will only be short coz i gotta go to school, oh and dwarf boy if ya wanna chat you can go to the OOC thread, Oh and np midnite netime.))

After wiping his head Lanilor sat and thought for a while about the dream he had just had, it confuzed him. He stood up at the end of his bed then there was a knock at the door. Lailor walked over to the door.

((OOC: Soz guys gotta go now ill finsh this one up l8r.))

Decomposition
Vistalzidar frowned at Melcanin. "What the hell are you doing here!?" he snapped heatedly, angry that his hit had been intruded upon. He cloaked himself in shadow and left the huntress immediately, slipping over the wall of the estate, moving swiftly in case any guards heard his outburst.
"Njord!?" he whispered as he creeped along the gargantuous front lawn. Then he noticed the large warrior, dispatching several guards at once near the main guard house at the gates. Vistalzidar smiled. That should provide quite the distaction, he thought.
A flicker of movement in the corner of his eyes caught his attention, but the source of the movement was moving away from him, not towards to intercept. A flash of golden eyes in the darkness brought a broad smile to his lips.
"So, you escaped after all, stranger," he whispered into the night.
"And you shall not," rumbled a masculine voice from his left.
Vistalzidar lashed out with his Shadows instantly, clouding the guard's aim and causing the mans arrow to miss his head by the barest of margines.
Twang
Vistalzidar's silver arrow took the guard through the neck and he fell face first to the ground, gurgling in his death throws. Vistalzidar approached the dead man, rolling him over with one booted foot. Whilst human like in size and shape, the man seemed to have fox like features.
"Foxes," Vistalzidar spat, "I hate foxes."
Suddenly, a blearing ball of white light shattered the shadows around him and Vistalzidar staggered back, sheilding his eyes from the glare.
"Well, well, well...What have we here?"
A tall, dark skinned figure stepped into veiw and Vistalzidar's eyes widened as he gazed at it's lizard like facial features. "You!" Vistalzidar hissed. "You are supposed to be-
"Dead?" The lizard-man offered a lop sided grin. "Oh, the man I was is dead, make no mistake about that, Vistalzidar. But now...now I am a new man..with new powers...impressive, no?"
Two fox featured guards seized Vistalzidar from behind and held him firm as the lizard-man strode casually towards him, removing black leather gloves from slender, scaled fingers.
"I shoul have died in Garvondeir, I'll admit...I'll be damned if that silver arrow of yours didn't hurt like hell when it took me in the throat." The lizard-man exposed his neck, revealing the puncture scar. "A grand shot, even by the standard of a seven prong rank, Vistalzidar. Ah, but I see you are an eight pronged rank now," the creature commented as he counted the eight points on the star hanging from Vistalzidars necklace.
"Tulthar, your compliments are as hollow as ever, I see, you sceming bastard."
Vistalzidar eyed Tulthar's uniform and the lizard-man chuckled turning in a circle to show it off. "That's General Tulthar, Master Drow." A wicked smile split Tulthar's face. "Oh, how I have waited for this moment, Vistalzidar. Oh, how I have fantasized of putting you through the pain I went through at your expense. I shall kill you slowly, Drow, very, very slowly. I will make you pay for your mistake in not finishing me off in Garvondeir."

midnite127
Veleanith watched with a hint of amusement as the 'Stranger' shot a guard through the neck and walked over to the dying man. She smirked as she turned, jumping up towards onto the rooftop. "He doesn't need my help...not now anyway,' She landed by a window and quickly opened it. With a cautious air, she stepped into the dwelling, looking around at shapes and silhouttes in the darkness.

She glanced around but to her relief and slight disappointment found noone to be in the room. She walked over to a candle and lit it to get a better view of her surroundings. The light flickered on, casting a dim orange glow on several glass showcases, each holding a weapon or a rarity of some sort.

She briskly walked around, looking through each before finally setting her eyes on a glasscase filled with a deep black cloak as a center piece, resting on it a dark bow, a crimson red rose within the center. By the side of the case stood a quiver of bows, each just waiting to be used.

Veleanith broke open the glass case with a smirk, throwing glass shards from her cloak and placing it on. She held onto her rose in her right hand, her bow in her left and started to walk away when a bright beam of light caught her eyesight from outside. She tilted her head, placing her arrows behind her back. "Curious..."

She walked over to the window and felt herself grow slightly enfuriated at the sight below her. The Drow from earlier was being tightly held behind from the back while some lizard creature, a light dying down from him, had started to approach. She shook her head to the lizard being. "Cold blooded coward."

Veleanith took an arrow from her back and swiftly took aim with her bow, managing to make a shot into the back of one guard's neck. The guard loosened his grip, falling down to the grass. The other guard started to turn, but a thick green stem had already made it's way around his neck and a sick cracking sound erupted from around the combatants. He collapsed to the ground, his head at an awkard angle.

She pulled her rose from the man's neck and smiled to the stranger. She started to speak but the lizard man, enraged at her interference, sent a bright beam of light in her direction. She raised her bow up, turning her head, and a beam of light was parried into the sky.

She let out her breath, turning her attention to the lizard man. "I don't know why you chose to aim at me..." She looked to the Drow, who had already started to take out his sword. She smiled broadly, fangs and all, her golden eyes lit up deviously. "...Though...if you had taken the time to notice your surroundings, you'd realize I'm no longer your biggest problem..."

Dwarfdude
"Indeed she is not..."

After dispatching the guards, Njord had waited behind the wall for Vistal, but had heard the scream of the guards as they went dont with arrows in their necks. He had drawn one of his swords and turned the corner, and now saw Vistalzidar drawing his sword to cut the neck of a repitilian type creature, who was speaking to a golden fanged vampire.

He had also noticed the reptile grabbing for his own sword, and didnt want to take the chance of him spining around to lop off his new-found freind's head. So, in a flash, he clicked, and the dog agauin came, launching itself upon the lizard. The thing fell to the ground, and then through the dog off him. But the drow's sword, vampire's bow, and Njord own sword were already aimed at the neck of the thing.

"...I suppose since he is your enemy, Vistalzidar, you would like the honor of slaying him? Mayhap I would have the honor of gouging out his yellow eyes before he breathes last? Or maybe this vampire shall shot the lizard through the gizzard?"

He chuckled a little at the last statement, though he had not intended it to rhyme.

Bildo
((OOC: Back now peeps))

CONTINUED:

Lanilor stood up and walked to the door, He opened it "Lanilor" the maid women burst into the room. "I know what you are" She said looking at him. (she was dressed in black leather with silver blades on her legs and a silver dagger in her boot but this was all covered by a cape like Lanilors) "Ok then what am I" he said with a look of confuztion.
"A vampire like me and i know what you seek, ...... Lycans" She said.
"Im not just seeking Lycans, I am looking for my sister aswell" Lanilor said with a slight sigh. "Oh im sorry about your sister but i want to go with you werever you go" she said with a pleading look in her eye.
"No it is too dangerous" Lanilor said and went for the door.
"Please the Lycans ruined my life aswell which is why i came here" she said with a tear in her eye as she fell to her knees. Lanilor stopped and turned his head "in that case then you can come" and he walked out of the door and out of the Inn and into the street.

Lanilor waited in the street for a momment or 2 and had his hood up all the stores and shops were closing and people were going indoors and the streets were emptying. The women came out and put up her hood "thank you this really means alot to me" she said with a glare in her eye. "No problem just keep up" Lanilor said with a smile and they both walked down the main road/ dirt track and out of the town/village.

Decomposition
Vistalzidar unhooked a special black pouch from his belt and untied the draw string. "I have a better idea," he said and motioned to Tulthar with his free hand. "Cut off his head," Vistalzidar ordered, "and then be ready to act quickly."
Njord nodded and, ignoring Tulthar's scream, brought his blade down hard through the lizard-man's neck. The head plopped to the ground and Vistalzidar set quickly to work.
He poured a silver powder-like substance from his pouch, onto the severed neck region. "Quickly, the head!" Vistalzidar snapped hastily, not intending to sound angry, though it seemed to come out that way.
Veleanith tossed him the head and he pressed it into place on the neck, mumbling in an ancient Drow tongue as he ran his fingers lightly across the ancient script on his leather tunic.
Shadows swirled aroung the severed neck, weaving in and out of the slit fusing, mending, rebuilding and eradicating the light from within. Within a few moments, the head was completely healed back onto the body and Tulthar's eyes snapped open.
The lizard-general sat bolt upright gasping for breath and staring around in shock. Vistalzidar clicked his fingers in front of Tulthar's face to get his attention, and when the lizard-man looked him in the eyes, he gave him his orders.
"Creature of Shadow, kill the Vice Regent!"
Tulthar stood, trance like and retreived his sword. "Yes master," he drawled and trudged off towards the manor.
Vistalzidar turned to the others as they stared after Tulthar. "I had hoped to save that dust, for it is extremely rare. " He shrugged, "But I think that will save our problems. Come, let us leave before more guards come."

midnite127
Veleanith raised an eyebrow, hiding an expression of awe with one of amusement as the trio made their way away from the scene. They strut into the shadows of a building not too far away and looked back out onto the scene cautiously before relaxing. It seemed the Lizard man, puppet to the shadows, was slaughtering anyone or anything in his way to the Vice Regent.

She placed her bow inside her cloak, taking the oppurtunity to throw her hood from her head and smile, sliding a strand of dark green behind her hair to blend in with the raven. She looked to Vistalzidar with her eyes lit up. "I must admit, that was quite impressive back there with the shadow magics. I've never seen it used in such a way," She scoffed, pulling the thorns of her rose from her palm and holding it out to the moonlight.

"And here I was hoping to pay you back for what you did back in Astradom and look now, you've gone and cleared my name. You and your comrade." She said with a smile, motioning towards the giant of a man that was Njord. She stretched her hands upwards as she started to talk in a whisper. "And now I wonder what my next course of action should be? Go back to the dungeon..." She held her hands behind her head, invisible chains holding her. "Pretend to have been there the whole time? No...I don't like being in chains much unless it's of my consent..." She lowered her gaze to Vistalzidar with a near suggestive glance as she moved her hands back to her side.

At seeing his expression, she shook her head with a smirk. "I kid, I kid. I don't know of what your agenda consists of in this town..." She turned to Njord. "Or you. But I do know I have something to acquire before I make my way from this place. Hopefully this won't be our last meeting." She chuckled, turning her head as she started to walk away.

"We'll all probably end up meeting up during some battle-royale in a nearby town. Trouble loves company," She turned around halfway and gave a small wave of her hand. "See you, Giant." She hesitated, then placed two fingers to her lips before blowing a kiss in Vistalzidar's direction. "See you, Stranger..." she said in barely a whisper as she swiftly made her way from the scene.

Dwarfdude
Njord raised his brow as the lizard man came back to life. Quite impressive, he thought. He had only ever heard of such things in fairy tales of evil doers. Not that he cared who did it, as long as the reincarnated thing didnt come after him. He nodded at the vampires comment on it. As she walked away he waved back, chuckling as she blew a kiss to his "partner" of sorts. He nudged Vistalzidar as he blanched a little.

"You dog. Stranger, she called you? Something tells me that you shall not be strangers soon enough..."

As the drow shot him a poison glance, he laughed.

"I joke, my freind. Well, not really, but I find things like such amusing...Not really sure why."

Decomposition
Vistalzidar softened his glance and a slight smile curved his lips. "In all honesty, I hope you are right, Njord. She intriegues me and she excites me with her suggestive manner. I shall very much look forward to the challenge of catching that one...and what a challenge it shall be."
He grinned and slapped Njord on the back. "Well done, my friend. You have certainly proven your worth tonight." Vistalzidar scratched his chin in thought. "Well, I don't know about you, but I need a good, stiff drink...I'm off to find a tavern, care to join me?"

midnite127
Veleanith walked down the back alleys of the city stealthily. Even though her name had been cleared and she was finally off the hook, she was still a criminal to most villagers within the city and was expected to still be chained in the dank poor excuse for a dungeon. She placed on her hood, veiling her face as she turned a corner. "Just the way it is."

She attached her rose to the inside of her robe, a sheepish grin across her face and a glow to her eyes. She couldn't help it, she got that way after every battle or adrenaline rush. And then seeing the stranger again. She smiled broadly turning another corner. She jumped back against a wall quickly, turning back down the path as she tightened her cloak around her. She had nearly bumped into the guard from earlier, managing to barely avoid him as walked back.

'Focus...don't get yourself too caught up,' Veleanith turned to a display window, focusing on an archery set as the guard ushered past her in a rush. She glanced, making sure he had walked away before letting out a breath in relief. "Alright, now that he's past," She strolled the street for several minutes, avoiding any glances received as she made her way to a small farm like house, the curtains completely drawn.

She walked up to the house and rapped on the wooden door softly. A brief shuffle was heard behind the door, it finally opening up to reveal the man from earlier, hopping on a leg. He motioned to a chair knocked over in the background. "Wife left the chair out again." He said annoyed as he started to hop off, motioning her to follow.

Veleanith rolled her eyes. "Don't blame your wife. You should have watched where you had been going..." She sat down at a small chair, leaning back casually. "Do you have the item I requested of you earlier or has this all just been a wasted...well, actually, a fun venture of a sorts..." she finished mysteriously.

The man, Fargo, looked to her oddly as he walked over to a chest. "Wonder what that could've meant," He made a scoffing noise. "Hell, wonder how you even managed to escape from the cells. Probably best if you don't tell me now that I think about it. Now where-, ah!" He stopped rambling, taking out a stained red rapier glinting under the candle light. He held onto it fragily, holding it horizontally out to her. "This is what you came for, right lass?"

Veleanith extended her hands, receiving the crimson weapon from Fargo. She pointed it upwards, testing how well she could use it before turning the weapon towards him. "Lovely...but will it serve to function as I wish?"

Fargo chuckled, falling down onto the chair. "Can't believe you're questioning a masterpiece...MY masterpiece at that," He threw back his head in laughter. "Why don't you find out for yourself?"

((TBC))

midnite127
*continued...

Veleanith placed the rapier down onto the table and took out her crimson rose from earlier. She placed it into her palms, small warm drops of red rolling down her hand. She licked it away as with the same hand holding the rose, she picked up the rapier from off the table.

"Time to find out if I made a worthy investment," she said cooly, focusing on the rose in hand. She gave a fierce whisper, a complicated movement of the tongue. The rose moved in her hand, the thorns growing sharp, binding themselves in a loose spiral motion across the rapier. It stopped at the tip, pulsating around the flushed rapier.

Veleanith looked to her hand and found the bleeding had sufficiently decreased. She murmured something under her breath. Fargo made a face whereas she spoke up. "What type of blood did you use for the rose to absorb it so marvelously...?"

"That's a secret!" He smiled contentedly, sitting back.

"Secret of the craft..." She muttered and the stem quickly contracted back into the rose, leaving the rapier in place. She put her rose into her robe, slding her index finger around the warm metal of her new weapon. "Quite impressive," She placed it in a sheath inside her robe, taking out fifteen gold coins. "Hope that cover's the fee after the deposit I made quites awhile ago."

The man waved it away, almost a sad look to his eyes. "No need for that...your brother paid in advance a long time ago. He was always looking out for you," he gave a smile, standing up as he walked with her to the door. "You take care of yourself, alright? If not for me, for your brother..."

Veleanith gulped and nodded, not able to form words as she smiled and left the humble home.

Bildo
Lanilor and the and his new companion walked away from the town in a southeast direction, about 10 mins into their journey from the Inn, Lanilor looked up and over to her and decided to break the silence.

"Ismalia I am sorry about being mean in the Inn earlier i just had alot on my mind" he said unable to take his eyes from the blonde beauty.
"Ah thats ok I am used to it" she said looking at him with a smile and wondering what he was looking the she quickly said "why are you looking at me like that" with a blush and a smile. "Me im looking at you coz you remind me of my sister and I need the company and I also need the help" he said looking down at the ground blushing and a little down. "Oh ok down worry we will find your sister i promise" she said looking at him and lifting his head up with her finger.

((TBC))

Dwarfdude
Njord nodded, a small smile still on his face.

"Aye, a nice bit of alcohol would do me good after that encounter...And thank you for the compliment."

He went and fetched his horse and spear, unscrewing the spear head and placing it in his pack, to make it seem like a common staff. The two walked their horses to a nearby tavern, tied them to a post, and went inside. Njord walkjed over ton the ntable, people stopping and staring and gaping as his massive figure moved past them tom the bar. He apped the barkeep on the shoulder.

"A gallon"-whichn is like a pint to him-"of...lets see...Arcanine Ale, if you would?"

The barkeep nodded, and fetched the drow's and his orders quickly. Njord raised his massive tankard to Vistalzidar.

"To a new freindship!"

Kohldia
"And a team that shall not fail." Came a rather slinky voice in reply, the huntress stodd at the end of the bar and downed the sweet water in one gulp, "You are both impressive men, I am honoured to share such journeys with you."

midnite127

AcrypT
Istalindir made his way down to the bar, he saw his three companions raise their drinks to a toast. He knew it was them that the whole town was talking about, he knew all the guards were terrified to confront them and he knew everyone thought he was involved as well. His fist thought was to leave them and go back to the Cort of Ice and Stone for council, he struggled with himself for a moment and decided to at least have a last word with them before making his decision. He made his way up to them, he had had enough, what would his family say if they were to see him with this company, the type of people he was brought up to consider as bad.
'Have you forgotten why we have set out! The whole town is afraid of us, they call us murderers! There is no honour in what we have done...' his face grew red and his breaths deepened, the air in the room was disturbed making all the candles flicker, 'I will not be a part of your killing, I set out to kill one thing, the one thing I hate above all creatures; you all know what I speak of and all seek to kill it as well. Why do you bring me along, to toy with me!?' Istalindirs face was now read from both anger and embarrassment, he had shouted louder than he intended. The thought came to him that these dangerous people before him may decide to kill him next, maybe for his pretty mithril shirt or maybe just for the fun. He stared blankly at the three, not quite sure how to act.

Decomposition
Vistalzidar rose from his chair slowly, looking Istalindir dead in the eye with his piercing silver gaze. "No," he growled. "I have not forgotten why we are here and what we do. I am reminded of that reason every time I close my eyes to sleep. Every nightmare of my wife and children being gutten and eaten whilst still alive and screaming reminds me of why we are here!"
Vistalzidar's voice rose to a near shout. "Don't you ever accuse me of forgetting that, and don't you dare preach to me about my profession. You know nothing, Elf," he spat the word elf bitterly. "You are childish and single minded and until you know the workings of the world...until you've experienced life as I have, you have no right to preach to me about anything."
"I have my reasons for doing what I do...reasons your childish elven mind could not possibly comprehend." He retireved his sword belt from the back of his chair and buckled it on. "I'll not sit here and take such words from you. From here on in, I make my own way south to deal with the Death Eaters."
Vistalzidar glanced at Njord. "Your oath to me is receeded, my freind. You are free to go whichever direction you wish." He turned to the huntress. "Stay well, lady huntress."
With that, vistalzidar effected a bow and strode purposefully from the inn, vowing silently to never associate himself with elves again.

Kohldia
Melcanin shook her head, "You know not of what you do and for that you have my pity. Good eve young brother and may the gods keep you." She stood and strapped her heavy sword to her torso, "I take my inevitable leave, we have disbanded so soon and I should have seen such an event coming." She grumbled almost angrily, stepping outside, rage boiling within her she placed a heavy dint in the corall pole yet making sure not to frighten the horses tied to it, she walked off into the darkness of the night, severely dissappointed with what had just passed by.

AcrypT
Any emarassment in istalindir turned to anger, he turned and left back up the stairs to his room, slamming the door so hard the frame splintered open an inch. He hated when people treated him as a child, they were not much older than him themselves, thirty maybe fourty years, that was nothing to a species that easily outlived a thousand years! "Let them go!", he thought angrily "I will find myself new companions, some that aren't muderers who deal with the dark arts and kill thoughtlessely!"
He needed to leave this town as soon as possible, he knew that him and the people he came with were not welcome anymore.

OOC: just a bit before I go out...as soon as I get my XP disc back I'll have a computer again.
we just got together and already breaking appart, to bad I was hoping for a fight or something. Man my character is so unlike the rest of you guys :/ I'll fit in as soon as I have a computer fulltime.

Dwarfdude
Njord gpancedn from person to person as they spoke, listening to each one's argument. He sighed, and watched as the huntress and drow left and the elf went back to his room. He, however, stayed silent, and drank his ale, topping it off. He sighed again.

"Barkeep?"

The fox turned.

"Yes?"

"I've heard that barkeeps are some of the most logical and wise people in this world, so let me ask you this. Why are elves so nieve, drow so offendable and huntresses so seething?"

The fox laughed.

"That the way the gods intended them to be, my freind."

"Aye. I guess that wouldn be the case. May Odin have mercy on us all...."

He paid for all the drinks and marched up stairs, intending to find Istalindir and make peace with him. He opened a door, and saw the vampire from earlier lying on the bed. He quickly backed out, taking cover behind the door and calling around it, going a little pink.

"Heh, sorry about that, but can you listen to my proposition from here?"

He didnt wait for a answer from the other side of the door.

"We have a slight problem on our hands, or at least on mine, and I need your help. I'm afraid our merry company have broken up, and since you can approach the drow more easily than I, that you could retreive he and the huntress, while I get Istalindir. I would be deeply grateful, for this seems to be the only adventuring company who shares an objective similar to my own. Well?"

midnite127

midnite127

Decomposition
OOC: Nah, that was awsome Midnite...don't mind one bit.

Vistalzidar watched the mysterious vampire vanish into the darkness with many conflicting emotions running through his mind. His chest ached as his heart beat at a maniacle pace and he rubbed at the spot with a wince.
His free hand drifted up to brush lightly across his lips, the feel of the kiss having lingered. Vistalzidar groaned as his knees gave way and he slumped to the ground, weepeing as the image of his dead wife swam clearly into his mind. His two children, running across the wide open green, scattering butterflies and dragon flies as their little feet disturbed the insects tranquil spring time hovering.
He raised his gaze to the heavens and let forth and inhuman wail, hammering halfheartedly at the ground with his right fist.
A crunching of leaves snapped his distraught vision down to gaze upon a figure he knew to be a work of his troubled imagination. His wife reached out a spectral hand and Vistalzidar reached out unconciously to grasp it, weeping all the more as he actually felt the contact.
"My love," his wife cooed as she slowly guided him to his feet. She reached up with her free hand and brushed the tears from his cheek. "The time for you to move on has arrived, my love. We shall exist, the children and I, within your heart forever." As she spoke, two more spectral forms appeared at his wife's side, and Vistalzidar felt his heart would explode from his chest as he gazed upon his beautiful son and daughter.
"But the time of mourning us is over, my love. There are others who depend on you and your wisdom now...there are others who hold a place in your heart," his wifes head nodded in the direction the vampire had left in. "You will need her, my handsome husband, you will need her sword and you will need her love...do not let her slip away."
Tears flowed anew from Vistalzidar's eyes as his wife stepped back from him and began walking away backwards, her eyes locked onto his. "Remember us, husband, but leave us to our fate. You cannot bring us back to the realm of the living, but you can help those who are still there. Dedicate your heart and your love to them, for if you do not, if you allow them to die because you could not bring yourself to love another, then you will most assuredly regret it at the end."
Vistalzidar dropped slowly to his knees as the spirits of his wife and children began to fade. "You are a wise man, for all your faults, my darling husband...make the wise choice...do not live to regret what you do..."
With a gust of wind that kicked up the dead leaves from the ground, his wife and children vanished into the night, leaving Vistalzidar a gutted, weeping wreck kneeling on the forest floor.
Ne'kalsa nuzzled him on the cheek and Vistalzidar reached up to stroke the stallions snout. "What do you say," he sniffed rising slowly to his feet as he tried desperately to compose himself, "shall we mend some broken bridges?" Ne'kalsa snorted and flicked his head in the affirmative.
Vistalzidar mounted and wiped the tears from his face as he stared at the spot his wife and children had vanished. "At your request, my loving wife, I would do anything," he whispered. "Even if it meant my death...Even if it meant, that I would give my heart...give my love, to another."
"Pholor ky'ov'aer!" he shouted with authority and Ne'kalsa reared with a loud neigh, landing back to the earth with hooves thudding and galloping off into the night in search of the Huntress.

Bildo
((OOC: Great story comin on guys likeing it, My chacater has done nothing compared to yours lol keep it up guys.))

((Continued))
As Ismalia lifted Lanilors head she said "Tell me about her, Tell me about your sister please, but only if you want". Lanilor looked at her and said as they carried on walking.

"Of course i will tell you about her, You remind me of her because your so nice and you have blonde hair and your a girl. Ya see she was all these things but the last time saw her was when I was 6 and she was 4.
My father had sent her away because Lycans had been reported in the area in big numbers and it was not safe then when they attack there was no time to send me with her so i had to stay. The thing is that was the night that my father died because of the Lycans trying to protect me. Then I was raised by my dad's best friend who did his best to save him but to no avail. He raised me and thought me all I know, Lycans how to fight, Magic the lot. I trained all my life to kill Lycans and find my sister". He said and looked tot he ground again.
"WOW tuff, similar story for me but with out the sister and the guy raising me that was all me by myself" she said looking down aswell.

((TBC))

Kohldia

midnite127

Decomposition
Vistalzidar rode fast, through the misty forest, heedless of branches that whipped painfully at his skin as he concentrated his shadow powers on tracking down the Huntress.
He reigned up quickly, holding on tight as Ne'kalsa once again reared into the air before crashing back to the earth. Vistalzidar's keen silver eyes narrowed, glancing in all directions, seeking.
A whistle snapped his head around, and he used his knees to pressure Ne'kalsa around and gallop in the direction of the whistle. A shadow flickered in the corner of his vision and he swung hard left, following a trail of disturbed leaves and the faint sounds of hoof beats that began to reach his honed hearing.
He thought he saw a flicker of horse tail, but in mere moments the way ahead was clear again. Shaking his head, he swung Ne'kalsa right at the sound of snapping twigs and again, the horse tail teased his vision.
"Stop playing these games!" He growled angrily. He kicked Ne'kalsa hard and the stallion snorted his disapproval as he launched forwards after the Huntress.
Finally, her mount came properly into veiw, and Vistalzidar could make out the Huntress' shadowed form atop the animal. Her laughter filtered back to him and Vistalzidar found himself smiling slightly, despite his anger. He shook his head and his serious expression returned as he pulled the bow from his back and nocked a silver arrow.
Steering his stallion with his knees, Vistalzidar let fly, the arrow speeding forth and lodging in the branch of a tree directly before the Huntress, sending fragments ofbark spraying over her. The Huntress' horse reared and Vistalzidar took the opportunity to ram her, sending both them and their horses tumbling to the ground.
Vistalzidar cursed loudly and struggled to his feet, only to find the point of an elven broadsword at his throat, a wild eyed Huntress staring up its length at him.
Vistalzidar relaxed, making sure she knew he would not go for his sword. "Tell me, Huntress, do you enjoy playing these games with me?" He asked cautiously. "For I have to say, I care for them not."

Kohldia
"The spirit of your children still lies within you Drow, I was merely amusing them and my steeds wild nature nothing more." She winked and flicked the sword away and sheathed it, "My apologies for the abrupt change but I am as the winds are, changing at any moment." She extended a gloved hand toward him.

Decomposition
Vistalzidar eyed the hand dubiously for a moment before finally reaching out to grasp it. Instantly, he found himslef losing his barings and found himself lying on his back on the leaf covered floor of the forest, the Hunterss' foot upon his chest.
She smiled down at his scowling form. "Have you not entertained the spirit's of my children enough?" he asked angrily as she chuckled and removed her foot.
Vistalzidar stood, his hand on the hilt of his Shadow Sword. "Please, no more games," he pleaded. "I come to apologise for my behaviour in the inn earlier and to seek your company once more. Although I swore to myself that I'd never associate with your kind again, I cannot deny the thing which bades me to do so."
"Therefor I ask you, will you accept me as your companion once more?" Vistalzidar held out a hand to the Huntress. "I would be greatly honoured to fight beside you."

AcrypT
OOC:Nice save dwarfdude!
It's gonna be a day or two till I get a working XP disc but in the meantime I have my friends old computer he lent me yesterday.
Great story, too bad I couldn't be a part of most of what has been going on till now.

The night sky was cloudless, Istalindir sat by the window and gazed at the stars, something he often did when he needed to clear his head. How he got himself mixed up with these people he didn't know but it was pointless to ponder the thought now that everyone has gone their separate way. To what fate did they leave he wondered, where would his fate lead him.
The air was whispering, something was going on in town, he stared at the empty streets, nothing but a soft breeze.
"They're coming..." came a soft whisper to his ears, he could not stay here any longer, the wind was carrying a warning, he was in danger. He grabbed his bag and quickly packed his belongings, his bow was on his back with his quiver and his sword at his side. He covered himself with his cloak and approached the window, an arrow came flying his way but swerved aside as if pushed, it struck the window sill. Istalindir waisted no time, he leaped brilliantly from the window landing cleanly on the alley floor below without making a sound. The night livened with the music of bow strings being plucked, arrows whistled by him, always missing, always being blown away by currents of wind that were working hard in his favor. He could not yet see the shooters but he suspected them to be the town guards. He ran quickly out of the alley, arrows following close behind. He ran with his cape flowing out behind him in the wind and footsteps following him padding lightly into the night.
'What have I done to harm you', Istalindir called out to the moving shapes approaching from the rooftops. The only answer he got were more arrows flying his way, 'I wish you people no harm', he called out, forced to run towards the town walls, 'I will not fight you!', he called to the approaching guards. They would not listen to him, they drew their swords and stood ready, 'Kol-amin Kel-tuulo` Sinome', Istalindir whispered and then leaped clear over the fence with a strong burst of wind landing him softly on the other side. He ran silently without looking back until he got under the protection of the forest that blanketed the hillside. Voices shouted from inside the town threatening him and his friends not to return but they slowly died off and faded back into town. The horse and supplies that the kind bartender had provided were left behind in the stables by the inn but it made little difference to Istalindir who grew up in the forest, living off whatever nature could provide. The night grew silent, the town guards were back in town and Istalindir made his way silently through the forest in the dark, to find a place he could rest the night.

Dwarfdude
OOCmessedo, we got thrown out? I'm gunna go on that assumption.

IC: Njord watched the vampire return to her room. As the door shut, he smiled, whispering.

"Sure thats all."

He shook his head, and wondered. Had she done any good? Or possibly made things worse? He would know not, until he saw the Drow again. He sighed and headed for the bar.

A dog outside started to bark, and Njord whipped his head around to see the town guard entering the tavern. They saw him immeadiatly, and made a bee-line for him. All 17 of them. He started to drink a cheap ale, only to serve as a pretend distraction. He sensed them as they stalked him to the counter. Two tapped him on either shoulder.

"Sir,I'm afraid you'll have to come with us."

He turned, looking surprised.

"What have I done, good soldiers?"

"You stir trouble here."

He laughed a fake good-natured laugh.

"Aw, come now, I've done nothing! Now, if I wanted to stir trouble, I'd do something a bit like this."

He smashed the two's heads together, and they slumped to the floor. The rest yelled at people to move away, although most of them had fled the building already. Njord whispered inb a nordic tongue and the owner's three dogs launched themselves upon guards, respectivly. Njord drew his two swords. The bar was now completely empty, even the barkeep had run. It was just 12 gaurds and Njord.

Three of them charged him. He kicked one to the floor and crushed his chest, and decappitated the others with one swing of his two swords. All of the gaurds nodded, and charged, all 9. Njord leaped back on to a table, and sicked the three dogs on three of the front chargers. He kicked one in the face, stab, slash, uppercut, slash, and scissor sliced the last one's head off.

He stood there, covered in thick red blood, panting slightly. The guards lay groaning, or dead. He sheathed his swords, fetched his cloak and spear, screwed the blade back on, mounted his horse, and galloped away into the night, looking for his companions.

midnite127

Kohldia
Melcanin helped him up, smiling slightly, her eyes taking a tone of sencerity, "I too would be honored to fight alongside you. However I realise now that we have made no introductions, "I am Melcanin, Huntress of the Hidden Clans of the Northern Forests."

midnite127

Decomposition
Vistalzidar bowed, hand to heart, his silken silver hair billowing around his dark form in brilliant ripples. "I am Vistalzidar Ae'ellanea Xillessidor, Assassin of the Eigth Prong of the Silver Oak Sect, council member of the once great Drow city of Isgallioth, third cousin of High Elder Kallazidor Ge'talliot Istallia of the Isgallioth High Council."
He rose back to his full high, his silver eyes flashing in the moonlight. "Pleased to finally know something about you, Lady Huntress." He grinned, "Even if I did swear I'd never associate myself with Elves again."
Vistalzidar strode over to the shattered tree and retrieved his arrow, placing it back into his quiver. He then clucked and Ne'kalsa walked over to him, where he mounted.
"It is a superb night," Vistalzidar commented as he gazed up through the canopy. He turned his silver gaze upon Melcanin once more. "Would the Lady Huntress care to join me on a ride? We may as well put some distance behind us before we turn in for the night. If we head south, I am sure we will run into the others somewhere along the way." He smiled, "Although it wouldn't upset me too much if we didn't."

midnite127

Dwarfdude
Njord trotted through the woods on his massive steed, his spear at his side, his swords sheathed, and his shield slung to his back. He was used to being alone, so the small noises made by plants and animals, did not stir him. He seemed to be in a meditational like state, his eyes closed, but his muscles tense, as if listening for something far away. He began to chant, in a rough druidic language.

"Ja-kil faw hect nasee, rok lish facnt ty-sia,
ja-kil faw hect nasee, rok lish facnt ty-sia,
ja-kil faw..."

The chant whispered through the trees, the grass, and animals started to appear from everywhere. Birds, rabbits, squirrels, deer, even a few wolves and a bear. They watched the Celtica-man with curiousity, and he stopped his horse, still with closed eyes and still chanting. He began to open his eyes, and they were white. Tiny whisps of white....gas, it seemed, flew out of the animal's eyes and into his own. He flinched as each whisp touched his eyes, seeing what those animals had seen in the last 48 hours or so. He discarded each memory, going trough them quickly. Then a came to a squirrels memory, as he flicked through it, he saw a girl, a vampire, lying in a stream. He nodded, and memorized the surroundings. He then came to a hawks memory, and he saw a large amountof elves camping near in the middle of the forest. The last thing he saw was the bear's memory, as she lumbered back to her cave, she saw the vampire from the squirrels memory. She was mounting a horse, surrounded by elves with bows and arrows, along with another elf who looked nobler than the rest. They raced off.

Njord quickly stopped chanting, connecting the dots and beckoning the three animals to him. First he whispered to the squirrel, and they, the bear, Njord, and the hawk, set off following the squirrel to the place where he had seen the vampire. They reached a small brook quickly, and Njord dismounted from his horse, scanning the ground with his black eyes. He smiled and found a strand of hair, belonging to his vampire freind. He thanked the squirrel and threw it some sunflower seeds from his pack, he remounted his horse and then whispered to the bear. She nodded and led the hawk and Njord to her cave. Njord again dismounted and looked inside the cave. Another hair strand. That confirmed it. Now he looked extremely hard, and found a few elven hairs, along with a few broken twigs, heading southeast. He nodded in thanks to the bear, and gave her a peice of dried beef from his pack, and then spoke in the rough nordic tongue again, asking if his horse could stay here protected. The bear nodded, her hunger satisfied with the beef, and Njord tied his steed to a nearby tree. He patted him on the nose, rubbed his neck, and then turned to the hawk.

"Now where is this camp...."

The hawk nodded and took to the sky, flying in the same direction of the broken twigs. It occasionally perched on a branch and waited for Njord, who ran behind it, never faltering in speed. The hawk perched on the ground before Njord and started to walk along the ground, and Njord got the message. They wereclose now, and he had to be quiet. Njord slowed and gripped his spear with two hands, being extremely quiet dispite his size. He moved foward until the hawk stopped walking and spread its wings, motioning for him to stop. Njord did so and got of thew broken twig path, hiding behind a tree as the hawk took to the sky to patrol the camp. The hawk was back in about two minutes, and nodded. Njord thanked the bird and threw him a dead hare carcass he had brought. The hawk looked delighted and grasped it in his talons, flying away to the north again.

Njord watched his freind leave and then began to slowly move forwards through the leaves, bushes, and trees. He saw the camp, and began to crawl towards it on his belly, disturbing only a few bushes. He peaked out from one, seeing the vampiress and the noble elven one from the memory. He watched completely still, his spear tense and ready for action.

He had really only done this for reconassience, but he wondered if the vampiress was here by her own will, or forcable. He held his breath as they entered a tent, and watched and waited patiently, deciding between letting her be or going in and getting her.

midnite127

midnite127

Decomposition
Vistalzidar and Melcanin walked their horses through the forest, heading south away from Mardonin. They needed no track to follow, their mounts picking their path for them, knowing exactly where to tread.
They rode in silence, letting the peacefulness of the night seep into them and relax them completely. Vistalzidar used this time to study the Huntress in earnest. She reminded him of a certain type of human he had read about in the great libraries of Isgallioth; Amazon's, he recalled.
She was...exquisite, a smile curled his lips. Though, she was elven, and therefor definately not his type. He realised, to his surprise, that even if she was his type, he wouldn't attemp anything. Melcanin seemed to command a certain respect, without even having to utter a word. All this he knew, just from looking at her in the moonlight.
Something niggled at his senses and it took him a moment to register, absorbed as he was in studying the Huntress. By the time he thought to react, dark riders on equally dark stallions had appeared seemingly out of no where to surround them.
"Shadow!" Vistalzidar exclaimed with pure joy in his tone, despite the fact that a dozen or so arrows were trained on him and the Huntress.
One of the figure's, weilding a long bow nocked with similar silver arrows to Vistalzidar's, peered at the from within his hood, his silver eyes and slick black goatee the only features visible.
"Oloth zhah tuth abbil lueth ogglin," said the figure.
"Lloth kyorl dos," replied Vistalzidar, revealing his scripted tunic.
The figure smiled, pulling back his hood to reveal a slender Drow face framed by short, spikey silver hair and lightning shaped side burns.
"Unlce!" The young Drow exclaimed, dismounting from his stallion. "I did not recognise you."
Vistalzidar dismounted also. "You have been honing your skills, I see," Vistalzidar commented dryly as he embraced his nephew. "You are as bad as your father. Your lack of skill in Shadow makes life hard for us all. What if your men had shot me?"
Vistalzidar's nephew hung his head in shame. "Sorry uncle."
Vistalzidar smiled. "I'll stop lecturing you now, for I know it will do no good from first hand experience." Vistalzidar followed his nephew's straying gaze to the Huntress, and then back to find the young Drow standing with his jaw hanging open slightly. His nephew, Vistalzidar knew, had no trouble picturing himself abed with an elf.
Vistalzidar forcefully clamped his nephew's jaw closed with two fingers under the young Drow's chin. "Nephew, this is Melcanin, Huntress of the Hidden Clans of the Northern Forests. Melcanin, meet my nephew, Aelizor Ea'tajillir Xillessidor."
Aelizor bowed, palm to his heart. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Kohldia
Melcanin inclined her head, her eyes shining in the moonlight, she let her steed loose and smiled a little as the mare trotted over to Aelizor's steed who grunted a greeting, "It seems our steeds are becoming quite friendly young Master Xillessidor, and my mare has excuisite taste." Her smile curled a little more at the young drow's expression.

AcrypT
Istalindir woke bathed in sunlight, he choose to sleep up in a tree, the tree was kind enough to make him a bed out of its branches and it opened a path for the sunlight through its branches. He would have woken either way but Istalindir was glad for the warmth, he dropped down to the ground weightless making no noise. A branch lowered his bag and the branches that made his bed unraveled back to their natural form, 'lle nostale uva il-na-demadaya', Istalindir whispered, placing a hand on the trunk of the tree. He dripped a few drops of water from his leather water bag at the base of the tree as a sign of gratitude and gathered his belongings. Mardonin was standing silently in the distance, istalindir turned away from the town and made his way through the silent trees. A soft breeze rustled through the leaves, he looked around but there was nothing to be seen besides the trees swaying in the light breeze and a few birds fluttering above. He would stop as soon as he found water and eat some breakfast. He stopped and listened, nothing was to be heard besides the silent whispers of the trees and faint chanting of the warm wind. A green glow illuminated him as he walked under the semi transparent leaves of the Laurelin tree, the Forest floor was littered with leaves, golden, red, brow and some a dry green. This place almost reminded him of home besides the fact the it clearly wasn't, the lack of elves dancing above the forest floor singing beautiful tunes that filled your heart with an unexplainable warm joy was what made this place more depressing than anywhere els he had been yet. In the cover of darkness the forest had not seemed anything like his hometown which never grew dark, not even at night but now in full daylight Istalindir wished nothing but to get as far away from this place as he could; the memory of the ones he loved was to painful for him to enjoy the beauty of the forest. The silence pierced his bones, he heard his breath slightly over the sound of the leaves being crushed under his light feet, it was all on a thin line between beauty and bone chilling sorrow. Istalindir slowly forgot why he was walking through the forest, all he wanted was to get out of it but the more he wandered the more he began to feel at home and the more he felt like laying down and weeping till he cried the life out of himself. It felt like time had stopped, nothing stirred in the golden green forest, Istalindir fell to his knees and began to cry, he did not know where he was or why he felt this deep sorrow, such a deep sorrow that he felt like his cheast had been emptied, the empty space that his heart once occupied was now only filled with pain, it flowed through his vanes pumping to every corner of his body. Istalindir fell forward on his face and as the surroundings began to fade away the forest changed as well, what once was rich and golden was turning cold and grey, the floor was littered with bones and not leaves, someone was approaching him, someone dressed in dark robes, he was saying something but to whom Istalindir could not tell. A cold finger touched his face and he drifted into the darkness, a place with no worries, was this what it felt like to die, istalindir wondered as his mind began to empty and go blank. It was both wonderful and terrible, but he did not care anymore, nothing mattered, he was exactly where he should be...

OOC: I don't know where that came from, one minute I was writing about waking up and the next i found myself drifting into this dream of a world...but I have it all figured out. I'm too tired at the moment to continue but tomorow I'll have another go at it.

midnite127

midnite127

Decomposition
Vistalzidar cuffed his nephew on the back of the head. "That'll be enough gawking for one day," he whispered into the young Drow's ear, though he knew the Huntress' keen hearing would pick the words up with ease.
Aelizor rubbed vigorously at the back of his head, feigning a pained expression. "Sorry, brute of an uncle."
"Don't you know it!" Vistalzidar chuckled, then instantly turned serious. "Why are you way out here with these men? Your father should know better."
At that, the young Drow hung his head. "Father is dead," he whispered sadly and Vistalzidar froze in the action of removing a boot to clear out a stone. The forgot the boot instantly and stood upright, staring down at his nephew, who gazed up into his serious eyes.
"How?" was all Vistalzidar could manage.
Aelizor faught back the tears that rose as he replied shakily, "Those horrible monsters, uncle. Those who destroyed Isgallioth."
"Death Eaters!" Vistalzidar hissed, turning away from his nephew in angry frustration. He threw his head back and glanced at the sky through the forest canopy, his muscles and fists clentch. "Why! Damn you to Har'oloth! Oloth plynn dos! Arrrrgh!"
He clutched at his head and slowly dropped to his knees, weeping for the brother he had lost. Behind him, Aelizor did the same and together, they greived for yet another victim of the Calur d' Elghinn; the Gurtha Maten; the Death Eaters

midnite127

midnite127

Dwarfdude
Njord had heard the entire converosation that had passed between Veleanith and Ambrosia from a beetle that had gone un-noticed in the tent. He snoted, and quickly made it back to his horse, tracking Velean to the noblemans house. He had hidden his swords, hatchet, and the spearhead in his pack, looking at if he only carried a quarterstaff, and ridden through the bear-peoples lines, maintaining that he was going the house for the feast. They let him through, mostly because he had a measure of mind control, as they were part bear, over them.

He had hidden amung the crowd, no easy task, not wanting his presence to be known to the vampiress. As she entered the house, he stood and went back to his horse, fetching his spearhead, swords, and hatchet. He watched from a hedge as the party ended, and then went to a window, where he saw the vampire give the old elf some stew. He figured it was poisoned. Then he saw the darkness begin to fall. The Drow. He smiled, and closed his eyes, preforming the same type of chant as before, but with slight diferences. He heard a few screams, and then opened his eyes to see a massive cloud of bats above him. He beckoned one to him, and grimanced as he looked as it. Well, it was the only way he would be able to help....

He muttered a small enchantment, a simple one that he learned at a young age. The bat glowed a strange green. Njord said a quick prayer and bit the bats head off, ripping, chewing, and swallowing. He waited a few seconds, and then writhed in pain. He grew fangs, sprouted laethery wings, and his eyes turned red. He couldnt see too well, but well enough. It wouldnt matter inside anyway. He screeched, like a bat would, for now, he was like a bat. But his mind was still human. He summoned the oither bats to him and breathed deep. He had never fought drow before, espeacially in the dark. He felt....doubt.

He quickly shook it off, screwing on his spearhead. He waited until he heard it. Then there is was, the smashing of doors, the drows were in. He screeched again, louder this time, and beckoned the bats to screech too. They all did, and the glass windows shook, and shattered. Njord jumped into the pitch black room, and the bats followed suit.

"One thing you've forgotten Drow! Bats beat dark."

He spoke in a rather high-pitched voice. Then he heard the screeches of his bats, and they attacked the drow's echos. Njord found Veleanith through his screeched, battling the drow the whole way through. He cursed as he was caught in the side with an arrow. He snapped off the end, and shouted over the screams of drow and bats.

"Vampire, get out! We can deal with the rest!"

He screeched and found a new target, and lunged at the thing. He felt the blow being parried, and he slashed across with the spear, hearing the thump of a bodie onto a floor. He felt a sword blow barely missing him from the side, and he swung around with the butt of the spear, smacked another victim in the head. The shadows started to fade, as did Njord's bat-like abilities, as the Drow diminished in number and lost their concentration. Njord continued to lashed out with his spear, until it was yanked out of his hands. Njord drew both his swords and then smiled. He screeched a last time, and heard, as he suspected, that he was surrounded. He smiled again, and then started tospin in a death spin, his bkades lashing out everywhere. The drow's shot arrows at his, and a few grazed hi body, but most were cut in half by his ever moving, ever killing blades, such was the speed that he span. One of hit blades thumped right against the side of a recklessly charging drow, and was yanked away from his grasp

Having only one sword left, Njord drew his hatchet. Power radiated from the black metal of which it was made. He could barely make out the outlines of his attackers now, and, as his wings were the ;ast thing to dissapear, he flew into the air, counting about 25 Drow left, or those that he could see. He took another deep breath, and dived down into them, his weapons hacking, stabbing, and slashing.

Dwarfdude

Kohldia

midnite127
(OOC: Sorry I've been away for awhile...sorta been on lock...er, I mean, I've been enjoying my lovely vacation in the ice cold boonies nearly free of internet access...right. Well, anyways, if I find the time, I'll come up w/ something really quick. Oh, and Dwarfdude, your post worked wonderfully w/ something I have up my sleeve....)

Dwarfdude

midnite127
Veleanith closed her eyes, her vision useless in the pitch black darkness that had overtaken the room. She stepped back as the rumbling grew, screeches in the dark, the heavy flutter of countless wings setting up the mood for the oncoming assailants. Raising both hands into the air, she let out a whisper to the plants on the sill, striking her hand out to the doors.

The plants broke from their vases, red and green alike, hitting the door and entangling themselves around the golden handles, serving as a temporary barrier. 'It will have to do,' Stepping back from the doorway, she rose her hands as she started to whisper once more, figuring she might as well attempt something.

A fierce pounding was heard from the doors. Her murmurs grew deeper, the room coming to life. The doors, with a loud burst, flew open, at the same time, the glass along the walls shattering into shards as hundreds of bats entered into the room. A pale hint of light was seen from the moon, the Drow entranced by the sudden disturbance, letting their grasp on the shadows slip. Veleanith's concentration had been broken as well, not by the glass or the bats, but the huge creature that had flew in overhead with them and for some strange reason not even she understood provided a sense of comfort.

Pointed glints of silver started to be seen in the once again shadow filled room. The twanging of bows were heard, multiple arrows being released in Vele's direction. She jumped backwards and to the side, behind the chair of the nobleman, wincing as the arrows struck the plush of the throne. A dazed look in her eyes, she leaned back against the chair and slid down to the ground, clutching onto the emerald gem around her neck.

The noises in the background started to fade, her thoughts swirling in her mind as she spoke lowly under her breath, her eyes closed tightly in concentration. The gem around her neck started to grow warm as her murmurs increased, the battle behind her muted. 'It is...but an illusion' Letting her hand slip from the pendant, she opened up her eyes to reveal an ethereal golden, a glow in the night.

Rolling from behind the chair, she turned in the direction of the battle. Swords were seen removed from their sheath, some who weren't being attacked by the creatures of the night swatting away the incoming wave of bats. A Drow, at seeing her jump from her hiding place, readied an arrow in her direction.

He fired, but everything seemed to be in slow motion, the arrow moving syrupy, easily avoidable. Veleanith waited, preparing to dodge the arrow, but was surprised when the huge creature she had seen enter the room stepped in the way, taking the blow from the weapon.

Looking up dully, she noted that it was the giant from the Inn...well, sort of. His features looked to be highly mutated as if he were possessed, the thick leathery wings spanning his back seeming to prove her theory correct. He said something to her in what looked like a shout, but she wasn't entirely sure what. In replacement for the clarity that had overcome her vision, her hearing and speech had become void. However, judging from how his lips moved it looked as if he had said, 'Vampire, get out! We can deal with the rest...'

Nodding her head, she quickly made her way from the room, avoiding the swinging of doors and the launching of arrows as she made her way to the double doors and out the room. Pushing her way out the room and to the adjacent wall, she sighed in relief that she had made it out alive. Her relief soon turned to worry as a huge sword skimmed past her ankles, plowing into the wall.

Glancing back into the room, she saw the Giant flying in the air above the battle. On the ground were what looked to be a little more than twenty Drow, some waiting for him to fall, others preparing to bring him down. Closing her eyes in concentration, she placed her focus onto the room.

'I will not go on a guilt trip...not again,' She opened her eyes with a fierce expression, making a striking movement with her right hand. The vines and roots of plants around that area lunged out, intertwining the feet of several Drow. Twirling, she struck out with the left, this time causing the plants to swirl tightly around some necks, strangling the weak. Finishing up her aim in the center, she smiled, the plants placing a choke hold over mouths, stopping the whispers of the Drow maintaining the shadow and casting a pale luminescence over the area.

Wiping away the clarity from her vision, she smiled in the room, saluting to the giant and figuring he could take care of the rest from there. She became serious as she looked out into the long corridor, three pathways on the left to choose from. Making her way down the first one, everything seemed to be going well. A little too well...

Turning back cautiously, feeling goosebumps starting to develop, she saw only an orange glow, a crackling of flames from a far off torch. The flames grew brighter, roaring to the ceiling, the fire spreading. Frowning at the sight, she turned all the way back in wonder when a figure caught her eyes, a bear like being whispering into the blaze.

The flames started to swirl overhead above the bearish figure, twirling in the air. Veleanith slapped her forehead, dashing in the opposite direction of the flames. 'Damn, flame affinitive.' She made a hasty escape to the end of the hall, and placed her back to the wall, closing an eye at feeling the heat of the inferno slam into the wall adjacent her.

After the heat died down, she opened up her eyes to see a huge scorch mark, smoldering tiles along the once white walls. 'No time to waste.' She ran aside, making her way down another corridor and barely avoiding an ice affinity. Down the last hall, it seemed safe but a loud hiss in the air broke her optimistim. The hiss soon grew into a crackle, a rip in the air as white hot electricity surged down the hall to Veleanith.

Widening her eyes, she sped down the hall, making a quick twirl as she danced into a nearby hall. Her fooling around proved to be her downfall, as a sharp prick was felt at her side, piercing her stomach as she finished her revolution. Hunching over in pain, her eyes closed tightly, she held back a pained groan as she clutched at the sparks surrounding the arrow in her side, the thunder having served as the diversion.

Standing up straight, she took a breath as she looked back into the lightning filled hall. The gold in her eyes turned bright, a sharp round of pain going through her as the arrow was yanked from her side. She turned to the source angrily, seeing only a pair of deep brown eyes looking up to her from a tattered brown cloak. Taking out bandages, she started to wrap up her wound. "You would do well to take better care of yourself, Mistress."

Veleanith started to wave her away with a look of distraction. "I need not the help, I heal auto..." she trailed off turning her full attention to the stranger. "Mistress?" She pulled the hood from the persons head and raised an eyebrow. "Liege girl? What are you doing here...helping me?"

"Olivindar. My name is Olivindar," She finished patching up Veleanith, taking from inside her cloak a bow along with a set of arrows. "And here...here I'm going to prove my point." With a determined expression, she pushed past Veleanith and out into the hall, preparing to aim.

Brushing a hand past the patch on her stomach, she looked to Olivindar with an amused expression. "Oh really. And what is your point?"

Her brown eyes turned a darker shade as she released the arrow, making a shot into the head of the archer behind the lightning affinitive elf. "That I am not as weak as you thought..."

((To be continued tomorrow afternoonish...would finish it now but...I've run out of time in a manner of speaking...oh, and sorry, But I can't post on the other story, the WW2 thing right now, I gotta go))

Dwarfdude
Njord roared a feral roar as he descended into the mass. He quickly decappitated two, seeing around 8 being bound by the vampire's plants. He reminded himself to thank her, and then hacked his hatchet into another drow's chest, parrying two blows from swords, then slashed one of his attacker's necks off with his counter-attacking hatchet. Slashing another drow's belly, and kneeing another, Njord sensed heat to his left and electricity to his right. He knew he would need to finish the rest off quickly before the two affiliates reached here. His bat companions had long left, Njord's concentration on keeping them here had long faded. He was on his own. He slashed down three more dorw with a massive swing of his sword, and it was yanked away, but the tug of it on a forth body. The drow backed off, out-numbering him 8 to 1, with him only having his hatchet. He panted, and smiled. Just what he needed, a small break.

He began to chant as the black hatchet radiated a strange black smoke.

"Ciara dun Tyr, jra mo fauk tolk."

His chant ready steadily louder, and finally he raised his axe and shouted it. The hatchet grew, and grew, and grew. And there in Njord's hands, was a battle axe. He said to the drow as he smiled.

"Funny, how many tricks I have up my sleeve, eh?"

Unfortunatly, this was his last, and although Njord didnt show it, he was slightly scared. This was his last defense. He took a deep breath, and one of the drow finally said.

"Get 'im."

They launched themselves onto Njord. He fought back with every weapon he had. He swung his axe around his body, taking out three of the charging Drow. He kn ew the secret to success with the axe, to always keep it moving for the next attack, and he did just that. He slashed across, hacked down, swun g around to face the atackers behind him, and kicked one down, slash another, but the last managed to get a sword lunge in between axe blows. Njord roared as it slashed across his arm, cutting fairly deep, but not to the bone. He dropped the axe, and knocked the sword out of the drow's hand with a swipe of his hand. He picked up the drow by the neck with one arm, holding him above his head. Njord merely smiled.

"You cant beat the Celtica."

Njord threw the drow across the room, smacking him against the wall. He breathed deep again and clutched his arm. By the gods, it stung. Quickly finding and sheathing both swords, and muttering a small incantation that shrunk his axe back down to its original size. He picked up his spear and jumped out the window from which he had come in, just as the bear-creature blasted through the door.

Njord ran back to this horse, fetching an extra piece of cloth, which he bandaged his two larger wounds with, after sprinkling them with some extra rum he had brought with him.

AcrypT
Istalindir didn't know how this was possible and he didn't care, maybe he was dead, maybe he went to sleep and just never woke up. All that didn't matter, he was back home and everyone was ok. He stood amazed, staring at the living forest around him, the trees were singing the lovely tones of his people, out of the beautiful sounds that surrounded him one voice caught his ear. 'Istalindar we've been waiting for you, where did you go off to?', a dark haired woman asked him with a smile.
Istalindir couldn't believe it, his mother was alive standing before him, 'What is it mother, why have you been waiting for me?', he asked in an over joyed voice.
'To go to the feast of course.'
Istalindir looked around, everything was real, his mother, his friends, him home town.
'Beautiful isn't it', his mother said as if she was reading his thoughts.
He just nodded in reply.
'Come', she grabbed his hand and pulled him swiftly along the forest, past dozens of his friends and family. It was almost like a dream, everything floated by slowly, smiling faces, people called out to him.
'Your sisters have prepared you clothing for the feast', Selavan, his mother said to him as they approached an all to familiar tree.
It was his home, the very same house he grew up in, out from behind the branches that formed a pearly white door came his three sisters holding a handsome white robe, it glowed brighter than the forest itself.
Istalindir laughed merrily, he just couldn't contain his happiness, the Drow, the hunt, even the Gurtha Maten were driven out of his mind. they all seemed like a faint memory of a dream.
'Go prepare yourself, the rest of us will be waiting for you at the feast...', Selavan let go of his hand with a smile and turned disappearing into the forest.
Istalindir climbed up a silk rope up to his sisters, 'Take these, we will leave you now, your companions are waiting for you at the feast', his oldest sister said before falling to the ground lightly along with his two younger sisters.
He found himself alone with the clothing his sisters made for him in his arms, he ignored the little voice that was telling him that something was wrong and quickly got dressed. A minute later he made his way down from the tree, an elf he never knew came up to him and without a word walked past him.
'Are you going to the feast?', Istalindir called out.
The man just kept walking slowly almost as if he meant for him to follow. Istalindir didn't hesitate and followed closely behind the man, out of the trees more elves, all dressed entirely in white, began to follow soundlessly. As they walked, the trees slowly lessened until finally in a distance Istalindir could make out rows of tables filled with beautiful food and seated by all and everyone he knew that was supposed to have been slaughtered by the Gurtha Maten. The man he was following abruptly stopped, 'Come join us, feast with us', Istalindir said softly as he approached the man. The man just stood silent and stared at the feast, he seemed sad, Istalindir looked behind and found that the wood behind him was filled with elves that he did not recognize, all dressed in white, all silent. They stood still, all looking sad, 'What is this?', Istalindir asked the man who also turned to look at the wood behind them.
'This is a vision, these are all whom you love', he said noting the people seated at the feast, 'And these are the people who love you and owe to you both their lives and their respect.'
Out of misty trees in the distance more and more people came but not only elves, there were centaurs, pixies, animals, strange men of a kind that Istalindir had never seen and more came slowly, quietly, filling the forest behind them.
Istalindir was no longer happy, he was confused, was this a trick of some sort, 'What do you mean, no one owes me anything, I am home', Istalindir said with a desperate tone in his voice.
'This world does resemble you home town, I am proud of my work but it is not truly your home, it is now only a memory.'
A strike of panic arouse inside Istalindir, 'If this is your doing then why have you brought me here!?'
'To remind you, to remind you what you set out for and what you left behind', the man said calmly.
Istalindir was about to leave the man and his disturbing words, to join the feast and not be bothered with dealing with reality, 'Look', the man said grabbing Istalindirs arm and pointing to the last table. Istalindir hadn't noticed before but he did not know anyone on the table, he gazed at the faces, towards the center of the table he found a few familiar faces, they were the barman from Astradom, the Drow, the huntress and the giant, there was a green haired woman who looked slightly familiar, they were all busy talking merrily, besides them Istalindir recognised none of the other people seated at that particular table.
'You know who they are, the people at the last table?', the man asked Istalindir quietly.
'They are people I have not yet come to meet'
'That is not entirely true, you have met those seated in the center of the table', the man said, pointing them out.
'If you know this than why do you ask', Istalindir said annoyed.
'To remind you'
'Remind me what?!'
'To remind you that the fate of the world lays partly in your hands. Your hands and those who will help you on your way to greatness...look more closely.'
Istalindir moved his eyes towards the the end of the row and there was someone who looked strangely familiar, it was him! Not the same man that he was now but a slightly older version of himself. He was happy and talking to the strangers who sat on either side of him.
From behind them the creatures suddenly started pouring out of the forest and filling the tables which were now empty as if everyone who was there only moments ago was blown away silently. The creatures all took their seats and cheered the last most table. The noise was deafening, the man at Istalindirs side was moving his lips but no sound came out, suddenly everything went quiet and it was just Istlindir and the man standing alone in the woods.
'My strength is fading, you will soon wake up and if you intend to fulfill what you have just seen, what you set out to do, then you know what you must do.'
Istalindir was speechless, he stared at the man and tried to respond but found he could not move. The man before him changed as well, his cloths turned slowly dark and his figure older until finally a man covered in dark robes stood before him. Istalindir could not see his face, the forest around them had changes as well, it was dark and grey, the trees no longer beautiful and the ground covered in small animal bones and dead leaves.

Istalindir woke suddenly and found he was in the same tree he climbed up into the night before, it was early afternoon, he had over slept. He remembered having a strange dream but he could not remember if it was pleasant or horrible like the dreams he usually had. It seemed important for him to remember his dream but it was no use, the more he tried, the further away the confused images drifted. He shivered slightly, not that it was cold but just something was bothering him. He grabbed his bag and leaped from the bed the tree had made for him down to the base of the tree. He whispered a few words and dripped a mouthful of water near the base of the tree, the tree shook slightly and unraveled the branches that had formed a bed for him, back into their original form.
Istalindir felt strangely alone, he almost longed for the company that he left behind in ruins, assassins they may have been but they did not have evil hearts, only broken hearts that seeked vengeance like himself. It was too late now, they were far gone by now.
He walked silently through the trees, there should be water ahead and he would stop and eat before continuing, he did not know where he would head next but he did not need to decide yet, most importantly he needed to keep going south. Finally ha approached a small fountain of water coming out of the earth, he filled a pot with water, lit a small fire and started to heat the water. While the water was on the fire he searched for Nieninque roots, a plant he knew grew around here and was very good to eat, after a few minutes he returned with an armful of nieninque roots and a few other herbs. The water was boiling, he cleaned the plants, readied them for cooking and dropped them into the bubbling water. A few minutes later he poured out the water and ate the sweet roots that were among his favorite breakfasts.
Stomach full, Istalindir gathered his belongings back into his bag and made his way south east to the edge of the woods.

OOC: Sorry I havn't been around much lately, life has been keeping me busy with other things. I see this and Resident Evil have almos paused, I hope it's just because of the hollidays.
Dwarfdude it seems like you're looking out for this RPG better than I am, I apriciate it.
Midnight lovely writing as ushual.
Other than that doesn't seem like anyone els is around recently.
btw Midnight, I'm still waiting for you to reply on resident evil, page 38.

midnite127

midnite127
A tempest raged outside, the clouds in the sky flashing purple with every lightning stroke that rang out, every thunder clap that boomed. Cold rain slapped against the yellow-white granite, not yet weathering it, the fortress having been through centuries of abuse. Despite the age of the fortress, it was still in use, hundreds gathering their spoils, their horses, leaders bringing together their men.

On this chilly night, when none would walk, many would hide, some would pillage, most stay inside, an elf sat on dark plush chair at the end of a red carpet like floor. To his left and right, several of a different races gathered, cleaning up their horses, shining scabbards, counting gold taken from those who were careless with their wealth. The elf sat, everything merely in the background of his mind as he fiddled a sharp rose between his fingers, soft crimson petals hiding its deadly natures. His eyes, which once held a lively look, had turned a dull grey hue, his emotions hidden on how he felt, his seriousness a clever veil.

One of his minions...no, he hated that term. One of his comrades, one he had always been close with, looked up to him with worry. "Having second thoughts about your set-up? Ya still think it had to be done...?"

The elf said nothing, the twirling of the stem becoming rapid as his eyes flickered, the dull changing strangely. The rose slipped from his grasp, he catching it, blood freely flowing from his palm in the process. He ignored the cut, twirling the rose once more. "Of course I have regrets, but it had to be done. She was the only one...my only weakness," He finally gave a smile, leaning back into the chair. "One of the only women I couldn't control...and one of the only one's I'd die for. She had to be eliminated and she probably already has been. I need not worry-"

A sudden opening of the huge doors making up the chamber interrupted his statement. A figure stood in the darkness of the entrance, hands out keeping the doors open, their attire made up of soaking wet shorts and a short black top. A jade gem around their neck was the most noticeable object in the current darkness. However, a lightning flash came by, quickly illuminating their features, a pair of golden eyes holding nothing but hatred.

They...Veleanith stepped into the fortress, dripping water onto the red marble floor. She ignored it, not caring, thankful her hair wasn't in her face, grateful her anger could be seen. She walked slowly without saying a word, giving a glare to any person within the room that had started to pick up a weapon. Seeing her stare, they backed down almost instantly, turning away from her eyes.

Halfway into the room, she saw her target, looking to her stunned. Scanning the area, she snatched up her rapier, her breathing growing pronounced as her slow walk turned to a strut, then to an angry march, her face covered in rage, she marched over to the elf, to Ambrosia and in a swift movement, picked him up from the chair by the front of his shirt, slamming him into the wall in back of him.

Placing her blade to his neck, she spoke angrily through gritted teeth. "You treacherous bastard. You vile horrible disgrace..." The rest of her words trailed off into different languages, she cursing fluently in each, unable to focus on a single language in her fury. She cut short her outburst in an elven tongue, looking up to him through golden glass like eyes. "Look at me Ambrosia...look to me!" She shouted, pushing him to the wall again.

Ambrosia, who had turned his head, wincing every so often at her words, turned to her, his expression unreadable. She placed her blade closer to his neck, speaking through gritted teeth. "Why...? Why would you do something like this...to me?"

Ambrosia looked into her eyes, thinking of the right words for the moment. He shrugged. "Always hurt the ones you love..."

Veleanith looked him up and down, his eyes speaking the truth, the veil he always put up temporarily gone for the moment. She let go of his shirt, backing away to get a good look at him, the rapier slipping from her fingertips and onto the ground. After a moment of looking, she nodded her head. She lifted back her right hand and with as much force as she could muster, punched him hard against the face, knocking him to the ground.

Shaking her fist, she looked down to him with a mixture of emotions, the most visible one being disgust. "You did something of this nature...something like this? Out of love? Love made you set me up, love made you want to kill me, LO-" She stopped, her raging becoming more pronounced with each passing second. "No, this...THIS was NOT out of love. It is lunacy. Lunacy and Madness are the only things that can drive someone like you...to this! If this was love, I'd rather you hated me, you hated me with a VENGEANCE!" She shouted, her bitter tone echoing out into the now quietness of the fortress, all eyes on the two.

Veleanith picked up her rose from his bleeding palm before walking back from him, picking up her cloak from the same table she had gotten her rapier. "At least I would know for sure where we stood, what was really going on in that little mind of yours," Swinging her cloak on, she picked up the green rose, his prototype, and placed it inside her cloak, giving him a look daring him to say anything. "Twenty years and you are still the same manipulative bastard, nothing but a mere calculating child!"

Walking to the entrance, she stopped, glancing back as she put on her hood. "I would kill you myself but I wish not for your blood on my hands. Besides, I know one day you will get yours far worse than I will. What goes around comes around, Ambrosia." She waved bye, her angry golden eyes the only thing visible as she walked out into the raging storm.

"Midiayla!" Veleanith shouted, forcing her tone into a gentler one. Out from the stables, her horse come thundering out, slowing down to a trot feet away from her. She mounted her horse, brushing her neck tenderly. "Come Midi, let us make haste and get the hell out of here." She pushed Midi onward through the storm, so caught up in her anger and other emotions that she didn't manage to see...still hadn't managed to notice...

...her wound still had not healed...

((Would be more but again, time is up for me. Sorry, really am, but I'll finish this tomorrow, along with getting to the WW2 and the RE story...if I'm not rushed again as I was so casually done now...))

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>