Captain America vs. Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
Who is really the Unstoppable one here. I think Cap would push Juggernaut right over the edge of the earth, flat or round

lightaxe
dude what are you talking about? How could Captain America push Juggernaut anywhere?

juggernaut74
Man I have been gone awhile.

Capt.JK
Okay, in case you haven't figured it out yet or don't know me yet, I'm a HUGE Captain America fan. I have almost his entire collection of comics spanning over 60+ years. I have an enormous collection of memorabilia, including toys, statues, and everything else you can think of and a lot of stuff you never heard of. I AM a FANBOY. And even I can't figure out how Cap could win this one, unless he outsmarted Juggernaut somehow and enlisted S.H.I.E.L.D. or the Avengers' help to neutralize him. But one-on-one, I think it would be a lot of dodging and avoidance until Juggs just got tired of trying to get his hands on Cap and left.

mr.smiley
it would be hard for cap to win.
they both have huge hearts even if juggernauts might not of always been in the right place.
It could go either way but it would pretty much be an empty victory for cap

YourBiggestFan
whaaa? could go either way? lol... Juggurnaut can be sleeping when this match starts, what is cap gunna do? come on..

Nathaniel Grey
Tisk, tisk. wink

who?-kid
If Captain America is smart, he doesn't make Juggernaut angry.

Maelstrom
If Juggernaut fights Cap. can direct him backwards from his own blast. From his punches, from the direction he moves...so on and so forth. That shield is increadable and the man behind the mask is no slouch

juggernaut74
Caps will not beat him in a hand to hand fight. His only chance is to outsmart him like making him walk into a trap or something. And then caps better run real fast.

lightaxe
since when does juggernaut use blasts?

mr.smiley
caps no pushover.
neither is juggernaut.
but could juggernaut deystroy caps shield?

Kontraz
maybe not, but he could probably just rip the thing away from caps.

Nathaniel Grey
Let's be serious here. Captain America would die in a one on one fight against the Juggernaut. No matter how smart he is or how much cunning he uses Cap is just not in Juggernaut's league. His fighting prowess and shield are NOTHING when compared to the sheer and undeniable power of this monster. Anyone who says otherwise is out of their bloody mind.

Capt.JK
Juggernaut couldn't do anything to Cap's shield (why do people NOT grasp the concept behind this wonderful toy), but Cap couldn't really do anything to Juggernaut period. The only way Cap has a chance in this fight is to dodge and hold him off long enough (with his shield) to outsmart Juggs and trap him somehow.

Nathaniel Grey
Juggernaut trapped? Unless Cap can slam a mountain on him something tells me there's little chance of that. And even then the Juggernaut would eventually get loose.

Capt.JK
I referred to S.H.I.E.L.D. or the Avengers in my previous post. Still talking about them showing up to help out and trap Juggernaut. They've done it before; Cap held off and outsmarted and outmanuevered the Hulk long enough for help to arrive. Cap kept Hulk's attention on him so that they could get into position and take him down. But by himself, Cap is totally physically outmatched by Juggernaut. He'll have to use his brains and his speed/agility to outmanuever Juggs until he comes up with help or a plan. But he wouldn't run. Cap has never run from a fight.

YourBiggestFan
this is ONE on ONE, yeah imagine if batman could call the whole JLA to help him! he beats everyone too! lol =/

ragesRemorse
Ummmm...You know, i cannot think of damn thing that captain America could do to Juggernaut. I knew from the beginning that this question was ridiculous, but i still gave it an effort. I mean really, Even if Juggernaut did nothing but stand motionless in one place for the duration of the match, he would still win after Captain america collapsed from exhaustion of continuously pounding on Juggernaut. I know Cap is no pansy, and is one to reckoned with, but seriously, a Juggernaut turd could defeat Captain America. The person who asked this question is eigther four, or has four days knowledge of comics.

talon00x
Juggernaut is not one to just let someone jump all around him while he is trying to hit them. Take spiderman for example sure you would think no prob he is to fast for juggernaut but juggernaut insted drops a wall on the guy. Some what same situation if cap keeps dodging what juggernaut could do is stomp the ground and cause an earthquake or simply clap his hands together. Chances are juggernaut would not even reply to caps attacks knowing there isnt a thing cap could do to hurt him.

Capt.JK
Now you're just being insulting to both Cap and Juggernaut. Juggernaut is not dumb enough to ignore Cap "pounding" on him, as you say, because he knows if he lets it go long enough, Cap will figure out a way to defeat him. And Captain America is a master tactician; he's not going to just run up and punch Juggernaut in the face and think that's it. Cap has broken away from the Hulk when he had him in his grips, so don't think Cap is helpless against Juggernaut. I think some of you are viewing this from a narrow minded, one-dimensional slugfest point of view. Cap would not face Juggernaut this way. I haven't the foggiest clue what he would do to hurt him, but I think if there are any characters in the Marvel Universe who could defeat an obviously physically superior opponent, Captain America is definitely at the top of the list. Don't underestimate him just because he's not "gritty" enough or because you think Juggs is "cool". Cap is one of a handful of iconic characters in the Marvel Universe who constantly face overwhelmingingly superior foes and win. It is one of the best aspects of the character.

Nathaniel Grey
Are you serious?

talon00x
Ok then what is the scenario most the time when someone says someone vs someone i dont expect juggernaut to just be walking and cap following him behind the corners and everything. I see juggernaut lets say bout to kill someone in a car cause its a green light and he wont go or somethen cap sees this and trying to think of a way to save the persons life juggernaut is about to kill him. In that kind of situation wouldnt cap have to "run up and punch him in the face"

If juggernaut got his hands on Cap trust me cap wouldnt be able to break his grip. Hulk and Juggernaut are two completely different characters

Capt.JK
You're right. Hulk's stronger.

Capt.JK
About which part? Ummm... let's just say yeah to all of it.

talon00x
hahahahahahahahahaha laughing

hulk being stronger that will keep me up tonight

Wynndar
yea...cuz he is....along with half a dozen other earthlings

Nathaniel Grey
There are too many variables to determine the true strength of the Hulk. He's got several incarnations which all display various level of prowess. Ex; Gray Hulk is considerably weaker than The Professor/Savage Hulk. So it depends on the incarnation and how mad the Hulk is at the time.

There is NO way Captain America has a chance taking on the Juggernaut one on one fight. This is an utterly ridiculous match up. No matter how cunning he is or how calculated his battle tactics might be a single full force hit from the Juggernaut would cripple Captain America. The Juggernaut doesn't tire, eat, breath or get stopped by humans with super soldier serum. Next you'll be telling me Captain America could take on the Silver Surfer, Cable and the Living Tribunal. It's not going to happen. Please wake up you're taking this fanboyism too far.

JuggernautFan
actually thats probably exactly what he would do. until he got annoyed.

dont know juggernaut very well do you?? this is another spiderman/juggernaut battle. cap would only win with a little bit of LUCK.

irrelavant.

i'd hope not smile

he pretty much is. eventually he will faulter (he is only human). juggernaut only need 1 slip up, and the fight -will- end.

i agree. but in this case, hes not going to overcome the odds.

caps is obviously power handicapped no matter how you look at it. regardless of his skill endurance or whatever it is he has, he will faulter, and he will need to eat/sleep... SOMETHING...

again i agree, but he just cant beat juggernaut smile

Tron
What JugFan said...no expression

And, like he said, it would take luck (a LOT) for Cap to have a chance, if not, then I'd suggest he run from this fight for once to rest, plan, and "assemble" the rest of his crew.

Nathaniel Grey
Maybe if Captain America attempted to give Juggernaut a speech on loving his country and then offered him a warm glass of milk he'd surrender? laughing

talon00x
lol dont see that happening big grin

Capt.JK
You Jugg-fans are pathetic. You sit there and insult one of the most iconic characters in the history of comics, knowing full-well that if an opportunity arose for Cap to defeat ANY opponent, he would be one of the first characters to seize upon the idea and utilize it.

You say him being a master tactician is irrelevant. You're obviously another "fanboy", because you seem to think Cap's ability to analyze a situation is irrelevant. Cap has defeated EVERY opponent he has ever come up against with this ability.

And to answer your statement about whether I know much about Juggernaut or not, I've been collecting comics probably longer than most of you newbies have been alive or at least able to read, so I'd say that I probably know quite a bit you don't. I know that Hulk has defeated Juggernaut, to the point that he almost broke down because he couldn't believe he was beaten. I know that the Gladiator tossed Juggernaut halfway across the English Channel, much to Juggs' surprise. So your precious Juggernaut is NOT unstoppable.

Do I think Cap could beat Juggernaut in a one-on-one knuckleduster? Of course not. But neither am I so obsessed with putting down one of the greatest characters in the history of the MU (Nathaniel Grey, your posts come to mind here; I smell a pattern), that I would cast aside the very thought that if anyone could figure out a way to do it, Cap would. Spider-Man also comes to mind here as a character who could come up with a plan that Juggernaut, because he is so stupid, would fall for. Juggernaut did not graduate high school for a reason; he's D.U.M.B.

Your postings about Cap making speeches are cute, but hardly based on anything real about the character. Captain America believes what he believes, but he does not force it down anyone's throat. If you've ever read even ONE Cap comic, you would know that.

There are only a handful of characters in comics that can constantly overcome incredible odds and defeat far superior opponents: Captain America, Bat Man, Spider-Man... these guys win despite the odds. You can argue the thread as I have done, but don't be insulting. Anyone who works at Marvel would tell you, I'm sure; If anyone could come up with a way to win, it would be Captain America.

bakerboy
Juggernaut easily. Cap couldnt damage juggernaut in any way.

Nathaniel Grey
Juggernaut.

talon00x
Galdiator and Juggernaut have never fought. What does hulks being able to defeat juggernaut have anything to do with Cap. Hulks fight wit juggernaut was interupted by x-men. Second fight juggernaut beat hulk down. War was the only one to beat him.
Yer one to talk about fanboys being that you are one. In one on one there is no chance i mean no chance.

MatchesMalone
Juggernaut should win very easily.

Tron
Whoa, a fanboy talking about fanboys, scary, lol. It doesn't have a think to do with fanboyism J.K. True, Cap has gone against plenty of odds, and have beaten most of them, but definitely not all of them, and definitely without help at some point. Like Jugfan said, although he is a damn good strategist, he would need a luck (and a good plot device) on his side while fighting someone like Juggernaut alone. Spider-Man got lucky, had there not been a pit cement around (conviently), he wouldn't have done a thing to Juggernaut, as had been shown for two issues already. And Juggernaut's not bright, but he's not a complete idiot. You make sound as if he's dumb and niave as Bizarro or something. And JugFan wasn't insulting Cap (if your comments were even towards him) and neither was I, hell, we both gave Cap his props. But, regardless, as smart as he is, he's well out of his league here. If Cap wanted to stop Juggernaut from doing whatever he was doing, he'd have to call in what Avengers he could and beat him as a team. I admire Cap's heart, but he'd be stupid to seriously try to fight Juggernaut alone.

Capt.JK
If anyone had bothered to read my earlier posts, I had already conceded to Cap not being able to stop Juggernaut one-on-one without calling in some help of some kind. What I was responding to was my irritation at everyone putting Cap down for apparently no good reason, other than he's not as "cool" as Juggernaut. Must be some more of that "teen-rebel angst" coming through the threads.

And yes, Gladiator and Juggernaut HAVE fought; on Earth, in Europe, and Juggs got tossed halfway across the English Channel. As soon as I find the issue, I'll post it. And the fight between Hulk and Juggernaut occurred in a Hulk comic, not an X-Men book. Know your facts before you speak.

picoico
In one of the Avengers issues Cap. was knocked out by a member of the Wrecking crew...She-Hulk bailed him out. He was as good as dead. Toe-to-toe, he loses. Period.

However, this is what makes his character so interesting...he's mortal.

Jugs. is a big fat stinking piece of cheese who's powers are so ill defined that he always has to loose in the most retarded manners (like being drowned in concrete).

Spidey 'defeated' Jugs (i.e. thwarted his plan), therefore I wouldn't put it past cap either. Or Luke Cage, or DD, or ...and the list goes on.

Who'd win in a fight is not an equivalent question to who is more devastating.

In any case, Cap is a military man...a super-hero general if you like. Any story that would have him go toe-to-toe with Jugs is a stupid one.

He'd assemble an appropriate force and take Jugs out. That's a
possibility. OR, jugs could jump him, grab'em by the neck and snap it. That's also a possibility.

JuggernautFan
juggernaut has never fought gladiator wink it seems to me you are recalling the cartoon in which what you stated above happened. even then firelord was replaced with juggernaut because -marvel- didnt feel firelord popular enough to use to lend credibility to gladiator... for the phoenix saga.

please feel free to find the issue. IF it did happen, then it was out of continuity. to which a trillion different scenarios could be brought into play.

Capt.JK
I don't watch cartoons.

JuggernautFan
then i dont know where you are drawing your information from. maybe you heard it somewhere, and are just remembering what someone told you (otherwise known as hear-say information)

juggernaut hasnt fought gladiator smile

talon00x
j.k know your info before you speak
i didnt say it was a x-men comic i sayed the x-men interupted.
Also i asked someone who has colected every juggernaut apperance gladiator has never fough juggernaut stick out tongue

radioboy121
Why is Gladiator vs. Juggernaut being debated? I doubt Captain America ever faced Gladiator. Juggernaut wins this without knowing it (probably swats him unintentionally).

Mainstream
Captain America couldn't beat Big J. Captain America and the Avengers Maybe, but not just Cap. I 'm sorry buddy.

x_danny_x
man, why is there a thread about this match up?? It makes no sense

MatchesMalone
This is one of the most lopsided matches I have seen.

JuggernautFan
i'd say superman vs. wolverine is MORE lopsided however wink

YourBiggestFan
actually I remember Gladiator fighting the Fantastic Four... and reed richards got Capt America to help them, and they won b/c of the shield + illusion.. i cant remember exactly how it happened, BUT this was a ONE on ONE thing, plz tell us _Capt.JK_ how can Capt America beat the Juggernaut? heres your chance to say HOW exactly, and no don't say the good ole "he will find a way!" weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thats retarded. YOU tell us how, in a 1 vs 1 Capt america will beat the Juggernaut.

MatchesMalone
I agree, JuggernautFan. Superman vs. Wolverine is more lopsided than this match due to Superman's speed.

Evangel94
What's captain going to do to juggernaut? Throw his shield at him?

Juggernaut wins.

Maelstrom
I think the first idea of this vs. forum is to envision good fights. Not so much who wins but would it be a fight that looks really good on paper, i.e. comic books. But thanks for the insults.
I'm not of a mind to match the cap name against the Jug. name. I like seeing the characters go at it to much for name calling.
The idea that nothing on earth can stop the Juggernaut and the fact that Caps. shield is the one thing on earth that can makes this a match that hadda be.
Like Cap. vs. Wolverine(with his claws).
And as far as I'm concerned if Captain America and Juggernaut were standing side by side and i had a pick i'd pick Cap.
You're right Cap. might lose this fight with his life, but I think in truth Juggernaut may be Cap.s ultimate opponent and maybe it was meant for him to fall to Cain.homestar

Captain America
All that Cap could do is hold off Juggy, but the second he loses his shield the fight ends.

Maelstrom
Still this fight is the closest thing marvel has to the irresistible force and the unmovable object.

Capt.JK
I've already stated that I didn't believe Captain America could defeat Juggernaut one-on-one. Read the WHOLE thread. My responses were to everyone's "Cap-bashing". Just because you may not like the character, don't sit there and insult him and his fans. No one can take away Cap's incredible integrity in the face of overwhelming odds. Cap probably couldn't beat Juggs, but he wouldn't run away either. You can't say that for a lot of characters who may be a lot more powerful. Give Cap his props.

JuggernautFan
so why is this thread still being used??

been there... done that...

i dont think anyone was really cap bashing... we just realize that juggernaut is the obvious winner wink

again, i dont really think anybody was doing this (atleast not intentionally)

i agree...

ok, but i'm sure there is a point to you posting this??

i give him credit... where its due. he just isnt going to win.

Capt.JK
Well, I didn't start the thread, but I do believe it's a dead issue. Not even us Cap fans think he could really win in a one-on-one with Juggernaut. He'd give it a hell of a try, but I just don't see how he'd do it.

juggernaut74
Happy Dance

CountQuan
Seriously, how could Capt. America destroy Juggernaut?

IRTMU-Dragon
JUGGERNAUT?
LOOSING AGAINST CAPTAIN AMERICA?

Whose smoking what because it must have some strong effects.

As soon as you name to me, how in the hell Captain america is even going to break through Juggernauts force field, ill listen.

JWangSDC
I have never in my entire life, read something funnier.

LoL notice how the poster ran away.

Also, I bet juggernaut could break caps shield. Of course thats up to the writer...But it would def be believable is juggernaut smashed through adamantium

Swanky-Tuna
If Juggernaut lost his jobber aura, I'd agree with you.

Lord-of-Dreams
That would be hilarious!! But Juggy would just eat it!! wink
I might as well go up against God!!!(You choose which onesmile!!) You know it's a dumb battle when Countquan knows who would win!!! :P

StrawNilla
PIS on-Cap. mutilates him more than the Hulk ever could.

PIS off-Cap gets messed up beyond recognition.

StrawNilla
If Juggs has somewhere else to be....you're right.

But Juggs doesn't need sleep and (unless he's completely outclassed or fightin' someone REALLY quick and REALLY agile) could comicwise fight for as long as said battle would take. So, if he really wanted to get his hands on Cap and didn't care how long it took for him to do so, Cap. would lose.

Khellendros
....This is insane. Just because Juggernaut can't break the shield doesn't mean Captain America is suddenly indestructible! That shield is still attached to a very human arm with very breakable bones. Cap would be a FOOL to try and stand there behind his shield while Juggernaut threw a punch at him.

Oh please, you're talking like the writers created Juggernaut for the express purpose fo giving Captain America a glorious death in battle. These two are "just some guy in weird clothes" to each other. If they met in battle, there would be no magnificent fight to the end, there would be Captain America annoying Cain till he got broken in half.

Wrong. Unless this fight just turned into Juggernaut vs Juggernaut. Captain America is neither Irresistible nor unmovable. Juggernaut would kill Cap and take his nifty unbreakable shield for a souvenir.

Swanky-Tuna
Hmm... I wonder what would happen if two Juggernauts ran towards each other. It would be a paradox that would destroy the world!

JWangSDC
it's look like they went through each other. When in reality, both turned around

charlemagne9746
Juggs..for obvious reasons..lol

darthgoober
Cap 10/10 evil face laughing evil face

Wolverine2006
How is this thread lasting more than one page? Juggernaut wuld stomp Cap until his was a red, white and blue smudge on the ground.

lft4ded
Thunderclap, would deafen Cap and we'd see the very humourous scene of Cain tip-toeing up behind Cap ('thoom, thoom, thoom') and catching him unawares!

ThePittman
Jugs would give Cap a shield enema.

Apolloknight
huh

73 replys..........

Alfheim
He would dodge and dodge till he would get tired and then Juggs would nail him.

If Juggs puts down his force field Juggs still has Class 100 durability?

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Alfheim

If Juggs puts down his force field Juggs still has Class 100 durability?

Yes, he is just as indestructible with, or without his forcefield.

He only uses it when he doesn't want somebody to touch his physical body.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Yes, he is just as indestructible with, or without his forcefield.

He only uses it when he doesn't want somebody to touch his physical body.

Cap wins! Only joking, cap is dead, there is nothing he can do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.