Indiana Jones IV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chico23
Well, I heard today that they are pretty much a go for the next installment of the Indiana Jones series. Except for a few kinks with the script Steven Spielberg should start filming in early spring 2004. George Lucas wanted M. Night Shyamalan(sixth sense) to write the script, but have now turned to Frank Darabont (green mile, shawshank redemption). I also heard that Darabont did some writing (not credited) for Minority Report. The writing aside, Kate Capshaw will be a co-star and they're hoping to get Sean Connery on board as well.

My concern is if Harrison Ford is at the age to pull off this film. I think he's like 62. Will he be able to do the stunts, knowing full well he can pull off the acting. I love this series and like most am excitied about the new movie. (scheduled for release july 1 2005) To be honest I don't think I would want anyone else to play the part, but will Sean and Harrison look like brothers or father and son? I'm probably being a bit paranoid I just hope they don't ruin a great trilogy.

ToMacco
Why are they bringing that screaming whore Kate Capshaw back into the series?

I'm so disapointed.

Billy The Kid
I think the whole point is stupid!!!!
Why make a new Indy now????

O.K....they could have done that one or two years after the last one....not now!!!!

I think they are distroying the series!mad

chico23
I know I'm not happy about Kate Capshaw coming back either. With that in mind, the worst rumor I heard (which I must say has already been denied by Harrison) was that Clalista Flockhart was supposed to be in the film through the urging of Harrison Ford, her boyfriend. Now that would be a hard pill to swallow.

finti
thats kind off hard since it is already there, with the fourth movie coming it wont be a trilogy any more

ToMacco
If they arn't going to make it good, why make it at all?

chico23
Probably because they know they have the fan base to make unlimited amounts of money. I know I'm not sure how its going to go, but I'll be there to see for myself. It's a bad way to look at it it, but its true.

ToMacco
That's true. They make bad movies knowing that everyone will go see it no matter what.

I hope Indy4 is good.

chico23
Me too. I know this is going to sound so lame, but I have alot of faith in spielberg to make this movie work for everyone.

ToMacco
That doesn't sound lame.

Julie
My favorite Indiana Jones movie is The Last Crusade.....I will definately go to see a fourth instalment in the series. I hope it will be good, but I'll keep my expectations low so I'll be blown away by it smile

Zed
The fourth part was on the slate for a very long time, it was just that schedules did not coincide,

and now they have got Ford has agreed to do it,

before he never wanted to do it because he was successful in other films and now he has gone down in popularity, this is the kind of film that will give his career a boost.

There were also rumors that Indy son was gonna be in it, but that would make Ford look to old and so the concept was sacked.

Tex
I think he's just too old now. He's also lost his box office appeal. His last few movies have been real flops, and now the k-19 Widowmaker is on it's way to flop central.

ToMacco
His last movies have been flops because they sucked. Not because he lost his box office appeal.

Gundark
I don't really care for Kate Capshaw, but I'll go see it anyway just because its Ford and its Indiana Jones. But aren't Indy and his dad now supposedly "immortal" cause they drank from the Grail ?

finti
the immortal stuff just worked inside the cave

Ushgarak
I always assumed you had to drink from it regularly. Either way, no, they won't be immortal. as those two VERY old knights who rode forth from where the grail was and later died show.

LaurenE147
Who is Kate Capshaw?

finti
Harrison counter act in temple of doom, oh and the wife of S.S

Gundark
Amy Irving's replacement. laughing out loud

mechmoggy
I'm looking forward to Indy 4, the last three are truly great films and I think they'd have to work pretty hard to make a shite Indy film.

Ford was great in "What lies beneath", I think he's still super-cool. smokin'

finti
cool like me big grin

mechmoggy
Indy with a mullet! laughing out loud

finti
like I said cool like me

LaurenE147
Was he any good in K-19?

mechmoggy
Haven't seen it but I've been told its utter pants.

Just to make me feel good I watched "Blade Runner" yesterday, a classic Ford acting role and top film to boot. That film was made 20 years ago......20!!!! and it still looks as fresh as a daisy, the music sounds a little "80's electronica" at times but visually its still brilliant. smokin'

Ushgarak
I LOVE that closing music!

finti
Blade Runner have never been among my fav, it is an ok film but nothing more imho.

ToMacco
I've never even seen Blade Runner.

Saw Harrison Ford on "Inside the Actors Studio" last night. He mentioned the next Indiana Jones film. He said it could take a while yet, because everone wanted a really good movie. So they are waiting for a great script.

finti
Raiders of the lost script

mechmoggy
Ush, why am I not at all suprised you liked that music. roll eyes (sarcastic)

To, you have to see Blade Runner. Its one of those classic cult films that every cool dude owns. It looks so good for its age.

ToMacco
I've never seen Blade Runner or Tron.

finti
Tron was bad laughing out loud Blade Runner was kind of cool for its time

mechmoggy
Are you mad Finti, Tron is an absolute classic! eek!

finti
roll eyes (sarcastic) Tron was dreadful

mechmoggy
Oh the SFX are very poor and the story line isn't that hot, but other than that its a classic.

I loved it as a kid, it was so very different.

Julie
To kick of a new wave of discussion concerning a coming Indy movie....
I recently read in Star Wars Insider that Rick McCallum said "Frank Darabont is writing the script. Frank Marshall is producing the film. George and Steven Spielberg obviously want to do it, and so does Harrison Ford. It's just a matter of getting the script done, making sure they all buy off on it, and finding the time when they can do it."

ToMacco
I herd that too.

Frank Darabont makes good movies. I say let him write the script.

finti
as long as KAte Capshaw stays the hell away

zimbo
I have read about Indiana Jone IV on one site and it will release in 2004.

King Jedi
Kate Capshaw is going to be in it.

finti
then I aint gonna see it

BackFire349
ill see it

finti
well Indy I and III are great, Temple of doom sucks and mainly because of Capeshaw. She just aint got it

Thomas H
I defently going to watch this one!!

Julie
I'll watch it .....uh whose Kate Capeshaw???????? If it's called Indiana Jones.....I'll watch it.,. I liked all the others..thought Templ eof Doom was creepy...

BackFire349
i dont even remember most of the older movies. i should see them all again.

ToMacco
I can't beleive she's going to be in it.

finti
me neither she sucks as an actress

BackFire349
i dont even know her... oh well, no loss i guess.

LanceWindu
I love all the Indy films.

So I'll definately be there opening night.

Thomas H
indiana jone? hehe

ToMacco
How could Spielberg be so stupid as to put her in #4?

LanceWindu
*sarcasm*

Why not Callista Flockhart???

Julie
Why??????......

Julie
what's so special about Callista...and who would she even play????

What time period would Indiana Jones be anyway.....

Julie
Here's an update for you guys.

Steven Spielberg has confirmed to "Access Hollywood" that Harrison Ford is on board for "Indiana Jones IV" and that production is slated to begin in 2004 for a 2005 release.
During an interview for his latest film, "Catch Me If You Can," Spielberg told Pat O'Brien that the new script is written and has been approved, and that he will direct the project himself.

robincooper
does anyone have any information or rumors regarding this subject? I here it is in pre production does anyone know?

Robin smokin'

Kes
http://www.killermovies.com/i/indianajones4/

Go check it outsmile

robincooper
well... i didn't expect harrison ford to be playing indy? don't you think he is a little old for it? i mean in last crusade sean connary was only ten years older than him!

yerssot
that's the idea, an older indy

robincooper
i suppose but why so long since the last one?

yerssot
they had to get a good script, that's all I know, was some discussion about it

robincooper
so what does anyone think it is about

Kes
yeh. Connery played is dad and he is only 10years older stick out tongue
I think Ford is 60years old.
I'm always disapointed when a great movies as a sequel many years later!It usually sucks. This is my favourite triology if the 4th sucks!!!!mad

robincooper
i totaly agree sequels that are years later usualy loose the spark of the origonal eg blues brothers 2000

Metroplex
Not really. Star Wars Epsiode 1 came out a while after star wars Return of the Jedi and it was good.

BondJamesBond
Yeah, but that is Star Wars!

Kes
Good?! you look at it and it seems like it happens after Return of the Jedi! Its to evolved. Besides Indy 4 is a sequel not a prequel. And it is a seperate storie. Not a continuous storie like Star wars.

robincooper
plus you have to remember The star wars saga was all written by lucas at the same time (not the script the story) and with indiana jones thev'e forgoton about it and come back so there are bound to be discrepencies!

glenn
It is very true that there will be an indiana jones 4. And yes they have started filming it i think.

Raz
Nope, they haven't started filming just yet. It will probably be sometime next year.

The script has AFAIK been recently completed.

Slybaghouse
* whistle theme to Indiana Jones*

Can't wait!!

robincooper
i hope it's as good as the origonals otherwise there's going to be a lot of disapointed people...

happy kine
indiana jones is one of the greatest bunch of films ever made. but can indy still do things like be dragged behing a speeding truck or turned into a zombie or be the first man in 1000 years to see the holy grail! i will be in the theater the first weekend the movie is out! i'm going to buy the dvd set when it comes out.

glenn
i heard that sean connery is in it again

Thomas H
well, according to Sean Connery, Spielberg will not direct one!

Ads
I am hearing that Indiana Jones 4 will be coming out July 1st 2005

ragesRemorse
it took so long because the 3rd was supposed to be the last, and when they had the bright idea to make another they had to move around peoples schedule's and time for a script to be written, i dont know though its gonna be good i mean it IS going to be directed by speilberg so of course its gonna be good and lucas is going to be co-producing it, so yeah itll work spielberg will make sure of that

le_sainte
All i gotta say is: I CAN'T WAIT! Indiana Jones movies are my favorite

Kes
Lets just hope it is good. Because if its bad mad they'll ruin a great trioligy!

chica16
i just HOPE and PRAY that they don't screw this up... i'm putting a lot of faith in them... lol I love all the Indiana Jones movies and they don't need to pull a Terminator on us and just ruin it...

skule
what do u guys think the story line is gonna be? I havent really looked around the net on any info on it. Do you think it will do well? I mean harrison ford is in his 60's can he actually jump from burning suspension bridges etc anymore smile

ahaetrkarykl
whoah whoah back up.......there is going to be an indiana jones 4?????? that is crazy! i can honestly say i didnt see that one coming

badkittykitty
I did hear about that I think it's nuts Harrison ford acts like he has Alzheimer's now and i have a sneaking suspicion that he will be verbatim like sean connary in lxg

skule
yes there is gonna be a indy jones 4 i think spielberg is working on the script etc now. I thought i had heard 2006 is when the movie will come out however i am not sure, but i did remember seeing an interview where harrison definatly admited he is doing the movie. So yes a 60 year old indy smile

Kes
Indiana Jones 4 info: http://www.killermovies.com/i/indianajones4/
In my opinion this is the worst idea ever.

Ushgarak
The concept or the execution, Kes?

Kes
The execution. Making this movie is a bad idea. The triology is too good, it's been too long and movies nowdays are just too different.

Ushgarak
Could well be, yes... still, Raiders was a mad idea when it came out so who knows, eh?

Fire
maybe maybe not smile

skule
blah no spielberg and didnt know its coming out next year! Its sounding more and more like its gonna suck. Studios still wanna ride coat tails of old movies and milk it even when the lead actors now qualify for senor citizens discounts, WHY!! althought it would be cool if sean connery were in it along with harrison again eh!

ragesRemorse
Is anyone else looking forward to this movie? I know i am, however i have my doubts on weather spielberg will be able to pull it off. Raiders of the lost ark is one of the greatest movies of all time. The trilogy lives on as one of the best trilogys and will live on forever as one of the best. Im scared though that a fourth movie will just make this movies series become an over done cliche, seeing how harrison is a little to old to be doing the action of an indiana jones. What could they possibly do in this movie that hasnt already been done aswell, i mean the last crusade mirrored raiders of the lost ark in many ways, and would the movie be better with or without connery i think it would be a better investment without him. any way im anxious for another adventure. what do you all think

DeNiro
i didnt read ur thread dont have time but if harrison ford isnt playing the charatcer then i aint going to go see it cause he rocks as indy but yeah if he is in it i will be excited to go cause i luv those movies

ragesRemorse
lol noone likes indy ?

Hypernova
Is this in production yet? When does it come out?
This is the first time I've heard Indiana Jones 4.

ragesRemorse
yeah its in production, speilberg said his kids were saying "dad your making all these movies for mom, why dont you make a movie for us" and thats literally what inspired him to make indy 4

Cowboyography
I heard the rumor that there will be no CGI in the movie!!!
They want it to look and feel like the originals!! how cool is that?
Cooler than you would know!!

ragesRemorse
that would be great thats the indy appeal real movie with as little CGI as possible

Evil Dead
I think this is a great idea. People have been saying that it's a stupid idea because Harrison Ford is too old to be playing Indiana Jones. I guess these people just forgot the premise of the indy films, that Jones is a college professor who sometimes goes on "treasure hunts" for lost or rare artifacts. Isn't it believable if Indiana has done this all his life......he'd do it when he's in his fifties and sixties too?

I do hope that they keep the continuity up though........given Ford's age this movie should take place in atleast the mid 1960s............it would be really cheesy if we have an old Indiana Jones and he's still stuck in the 1940s.........

silver_tears
i loved the indiana jones movies big grin

ragesRemorse
yeah my feelings exactly dead, you put my unknown feelings for this movie into exact perspective. spielberg is a genious. he'll figure it out. im glad to hear theres people with trust in the series. thers nothing wrong with stunt men. still what do you think about having connery in the movie? i think it should be indy on his own adventures like it always is

Tex
I dont know, Lucas has totally lost his talent as far as I'm concerned, and Speilberg is over the hill.
Indy 4 is gonna suck ass!
And Harrison Ford is like 80!

silver_tears
very encouraging thoughts there tex stick out tongue

BackFire349
True, although the harrison ford statement is irrelevent, they have this thing called stand in nows, ford will probably only be in the shots where jones is sitting down comfortably.

silver_tears
he still is very good big grin

ragesRemorse
anyone who thinks apielberg is over the hill has no eye for movies. and not understand greatness.

BackFire349
speilberg has always been over rated. There are better directors out there for sure.

ragesRemorse
maybe greater now. if you can deny spielbergs beautiful movie history, straight into this generation. then you have to be blind. spielberg makes a movie work , and then some its always a gaurenteed entertaining ride.. theres only about 5 directors that can do that gaurenteed. and before spielberg. the greats were at there peak. and he was struggling. now he';s at his peak. while the 5 greats are struggling to make there mark. cant you see history reapeats itself.

BackFire349
His peak was about 10 years ago.

Also, before spielberg, there was kubrick, who was better in every way possible.

ragesRemorse
i pointed that out as when he was struggling. but if he was at his peak ten years ago why is he still going strong with hit after hit? there classic and great movies

BackFire349
Because of his name, people go see a speilberg movie just cuz its a spielberg movie. The same people seem to think that a spielberg movie is automatically great because he directed it.

ragesRemorse
yeah because it is. his name earned the ranks of reconition. Wheni hear kevin smith is releasing a movie im going to go see it, regaurdless what people say because i know his movies are good. and this is what has happend with spiellberg people love his mvies because he makes them great and entertaining. he's eaned that title. He does alot.

BackFire349
yes, people liked his movies, his older movies. That was his prime, when he made indana jones, that was when he was in his prime. Now he is just riding the wave he created in his prime. Don't get me wrong, he is a good director, but not as great as people percieve him as.

ragesRemorse
but he is as great as he's percieved. He's not riding anything. He's never stopped working. always pushing his limits. These last few movies were a great addition. He proved he can be the darker movie maker everyone said that he could never be. such as schinlers list. That movie is just amazing. Taking on kubriks films was pure genious. He is giving respect to his elders. The people that were in there prime when he was struggling to make his mark.. Now he is simply returning to his roots to give somthing back to his fans. every one wants another indy. so if he can do it the way it deserves to be done. The so be it. This would be a perfect example of how he can do everything and never get lose his touch.

BackFire349
He never pushes the limits whatsoever, and in fact, he never did, he'd take whatever the limits were and just reiterate them in his own vision.

No movie of his is really all that different from anything else that had been done before. Jaws excluded.

ragesRemorse
indiana jones? E.T ? Jurassic park? Men in Black? saving private ryan? close encounters of the third kind? there are countless movies endless movies that he masterd. How can you argue these movies, These are just but a few amongst his hefty list of movies that could and would never have been done would it had not been for his sheer brilliance

ragesRemorse
all directors look up to spielberg for a reason you know

BackFire349
He didnt direct men in black, only produced.

Also, all the movies you mentioned were not written by him i believe, thus they probably would exist were it not for him.

Plus, its no secret that i think saving private ryan is among the most overrated movies ever.

ragesRemorse
he brought men in black to life, he was apart of its creation. He made it happend. so you dont think giving life to movies is a gift? These are just words in two dimension. he makes them happen. how is this not pushing the limits. when he breaks off into every genre never missing a beat. He's always there to entertain and entertain is what he gaurentee's. that in it'self is mastery of ones art.

BackFire349
he produces them, anyone with money can produce him, it is not a talent or a gift.

Plus, entertainment is not factual, not everyon will find his films entertaining, so that is not a valid argument for a movie of any kind.

ragesRemorse
ok he produced men in black. he directed. all the others. bringing them to life. and producing is just sharing the love. he see's talent and produces a movie so it can be created aswell. which is why he is looked up to so much. He wants to help others reach there dream, and do better than him. Writers come to him because they know he brings entertainment to people because he has masterd his art. if this is not true. then why do writers keep comming to him.? always beggin him to bring these movies to life just as he has done a video store before

BackFire349
I never said he didnt produce films, but it is not art, and requires no talent. It is admireable however.

ragesRemorse
produce and directs. brings to life Did a brain himmerage just happen and somthing clicked so truth is refused to be seen? . spielberg is amongst the greatest directors of all time weather you can prove it to yourself or not. His work speaks for his greatness and his works to come will speak for everlasting mastery of movie direction.

Tied Hiker
Speilberg helped create and master a paradigm along with Lucas, Donner, De Palma, Opie, Coppola, and Stone, that basically is still used and considered 'mainstream'. Kubrik did things different before this paradigm was coined, he also adapted and kept his edge and utilized this paradigm as well, very masterful indeed. I respect speilberg, but I hated A.I. I read quite a bit about Kubrik's vision regarding that film and I don't think Spielberg did it justice. Kubrik held off on A.I. and did "Eyes Wide Shut" which most people hailed as a mistake. I hail it as genius. What other film can you watch that shows Nicole Kidman completely nude six or seven times throughout the movie?

BackFire349
There is no thruth, just opinion. There is no need for comments like that, if you have no defense for your statements that is no reason to insinuate brain trauma stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
i dont doubt kubriks greatness. I'm the first person to stick up for stanley and eyes wide shut was a brillaince on every level , down to the dialogue and underground link to the occult. spielberg on the other hand is another genious and master of the art of directing in a totally different style of movie making.

They are two different perceptions on life. Spielbergs creation of A.I was his attempt to say that he understands kubriks perception aswell., and he can bring that vision to life . He did it, A.I is a great movie. totally different style of spielbergs style. Thus pushing his limits. always and forever.

BackFire349
Yeah, AI was good, but compared to waht it coulda been, it was didley, jsut more proof that speilberg is over rated, and kubrick was far more talented.

Tied Hiker
I think Jaws is the best spielberg movie ever made.

ragesRemorse
not brain trauma just overlooking all the movies he braught to life with his directing. i dont know why everyone overlooks his movies when he is being studied now as a great in any and every film school. I have more brain himmerages than the average man should ever expiereince with in alifetimes of brain damage. So dont take offense to my words. im just getting deep in the debate night. smile

BackFire349
i agree, that was the only truley unique one, that he wrote, and directed. that a main problem with speilberg, he rarely writes his movies.

Tied Hiker
What was up with "Hook" though? And all that flourescent pink food in that one scene, I mean come on?!!

ragesRemorse
he's not over rated though when he's earned everything he has, and everything he has done

ragesRemorse
hook was great. a totally different look on peter pan

BackFire349
I'm not overlooking anything, he is a damn good director, but he isnt godlike as many people percieve him as. I recognize his direction skills and i actually enjoy many of his movies. However, I think that he is far from being one of the greats.

ragesRemorse
i dont make anyone out to look godly, just stick up for greats when they need sticking up'ed for.

BackFire349
didnt say you did make him out to be godlike, many people do however and have the mistaken mentality that he is the best director of all time. Which is simply untrue. All his movies have a silly cliched happy ending, which gets very tiresome.

Tied Hiker
I like Spiels, but I still think he can't get out of that mainstream rut. He can to it different and he can do it new and more slick, but he lacks the feel and vibe of greats that still take risks and succeed like David Lynch or Clint Eastwood who definately has made some mistakes, but he still pumps them out and take risks that spiels avoids.

BackFire349
thats true TH, he nver strays from what has worked for him, always doing the basic same thing.

movie_freak
i thought they were rumors....but after reading this
I can't wait for IJ4

ragesRemorse
speilberg doesnt avoid risks. he has vision. he knows what works and what doesnt. thats all. if your going to make a movie that you know isnt going to entertain anyone thats not called being main stream. its being smart and keeping true to his perspective. he takes risks such as schindlers list. he wants to make a statement but be true to his style of movie making.

BackFire349
He doesnt try new things, he doesnt take chances or do anything new or different ever, he knows he is one dimensional.

ragesRemorse
ok so you say, but his movies speak his brilliance as a great. everyone to come will tell you the same as well, speilberg is inspration and a plataue to reach all in its own.

Tied Hiker
Someone touched on this earlier, about Speils and sticking to movies that will appeal to the entire family. I think he has adopted a sort of Disney feel to his films or more specifically, a scene that can be considered the Disney scene or story line, like Jeff Goldbloom's daughter stowing away in "jurassic park two" I mean, come on?!!! mad

BackFire349
a vague statement like that can be said about every director. I'm glad you enjoy him so much, but i dont think he's all that great.

ragesRemorse
yeah im so glad happy to because vaugness has been the brunt of a circualr argument all night long, and in the end we all have our opinions. there are movies that are pure sH*t being pumped out into the cinmeas today, and it will last for years to come. a few wil come along to claim, a few mainstream hits. then the'yll dissapear and play it safe so they can be remebered. However the only true directors on the horizon that will take on any risks at all and set marks in movie making history such as spielberg will be aronofsky, tarentino, shymalan, and raimi, with maybe a hint of singer. other than that. crap will continue to be made with a hint of great ness when spielberg makes some here and there.

BackFire349
aronofsky is far more promising then spielberg ever has been. He is already done more things then spielberg has ever done, and he's only done 2 movies. Being unique in this day and age is practically impossible, but aronofsky is doing it.

ragesRemorse
as i pointed out

BackFire349
He is far more promising then the other directors you mentioned. He may very well turn out to be the next kubrick like director.

ragesRemorse
kubrik. will be surpassed by aronofsky, tarentino, and shymalan

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>