DVD Commentaries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rwoonacott
How many people listen to DVD commentaries that come with movies?

Mr Zero
moi

Xtremechik2
I do but it depends on the movie

Cinemaddiction
Me, most of the time. Still need to listen to Lucas gab on "The Trilogy".

Jackie Malfoy
I listen to some but find it reather boring and there is no one I like to hear there voices talking anyway.So I leave it off most of the time.JM

SlipknoT
not to often

rwoonacott

Cinemaddiction
Yep.

Word of advice, don't bother with the "Predator SE" commentary. John McTiernan sounds as if he just woke up, and subsequently realized he hasn't seen his own film since 1987, which is funny, because the first words he speaks are "Wow. I haven't watched this in a long, long time".

rwoonacott
I know what you are talking about; I think the older movies should be left alone if you ask me because of just that, not everyone remembers what really went on. If you ever heard Sylvester Stallone do his own commentary on First Blood it would be enough to make you want to give up on commentaries all together.

LanİeWindu™
I love commentaries.

I've listened to nearly everyone I have on DVD's. I'm still contemplating listening to the Big Fish commentary by Tim Burton, it sounds like it would be boring.

One commentary I totally recommend to everyone is "The Part Commentary" on Eurotrip Unrated. It's nothing but a drinking game with the three directors. Tons of fun.

Dr. Strangelove
Ive listened to a few. Some can be extremely interesting like the Ebert commentary on Citizen Kane and others can be pretty boring.

Mr Zero
best commentary vote from me goes to Phonebooth. Schumakers not a director i rate very highly but his voiceover on Phonebooth is top notch. Part background , part gossip, part deconstruction of the shoot, part perving over colin f. Sheer gold.

Spike Eccles
i like certain chat-tracks (such as the lotr and star wars ones), but unless it's a really old film, i find them boring. i recently listened to a commentary of Yankee Doodle Dandy, followed by errol flynn's robin hood and both were informative and interesting. instead of telling you about how fun a certain scene was, they delve into the history of the production, detailing the highs and lows. if all commentaries were like this, they'd catch on fast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.