Computer Virus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
sad

I got one evil computer virus. Nothing through windows will even try to open. I currently am using Netscape. My AIM won't open which is almost a must at my college. That is how everybody communicates on when they are going to eat and what not. My Norton Anti-virus won't open. I asked a friend who is one of the network assistants to look at my computer. After 2 hours, we found no way to fix it without completely reprocessing it (or something like that, sorry, I don't know computer terms). I am going to lose 1700 songs off iTunes and nearly 30 gigs of videos. This is a sad sad day for me.

dave123
copy them to an external HD?

eggmayo
or a load of cds/dvds?

Kosta
BUmmer man, that really blows sad.

Myth
CD burner won't work either. sad I tried.

And nobody will lend me their external HDs in fear of transfering the virus to themselves.

Thorondor
Just buy one they aren't expensive smile then just move the stuff you want to keep on like your song from itunes and your vid's anything you're not sure what it is then don't move it. Then reformat smile

edit - wait you use itunes? if you have an ipod just transfer the stuff you want to keep onto that.

frodo34x
Post on the computer help forum?

Myth
I don't have an ipod. But I think I know a way of salvaging most of my shit. I may lose a few hundred songs and some of the lesser videos but my friend has most of the same shit I do. Once everything is working again, I'll make him send me everything he has. We'll have to make a trip so that when we come back, everything will be transfered.

shellie
good luck with it sweetie thumb up

Korri
yeah that should work.

Mane
The virus came from you listening to too much crap like Rob Zombie.

Shaolin Monk
HiJackThis
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

Run it, save a log of it, post the log here

frodo34x
*cough cough* computer help forum*cough cough*

)-(&C]{£R
that reallysucks

go to the computer help forum.

they will help you as thats what they're there for.

theReject
sad I'm sorry. That really sucks.

Myth
It won't let me post it. It says too many image files. I don't see any image files in there.

Reborn Again
Try this... I have had this type of virus before. It fcuks up your computer like nuthing else. Uninstall your Nortan Anti-Virus, obviously it can't catch this lit' $hit of a virus in its present state, so uninstall your anti-virus program, restart, and then reinstall Nortan again, restart, get the virus updates, do a virus scan, the scan will trap it, and then send the lil' sucker packing.

Shaolin Monk
what says too many image files? the program or KMC?

What you do is after you run HiJack This, it has an option to save a log...when it saves the log, it saves it like a text file, usually where the HiJack This .exe is...open the log file, copy the log info, and paste it here...it should be all text, no images

Raz
Have you tried running your computer in Safe Mode?

Try doing that and running a full virus scan. Make sure you update your virus definitions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.