Cherynobl a Sign of the world ending?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

frodo34x
In Ukrainian language ( where we don't like to say "the"wink Chernobyl is the name of a grass, wormwood (absinth). This word scares the holy bejesus out of people here. Maybe part of the reason for that among religious people is because the Bible mentions Wormwood in the book of the revelatons - which fortells the end of the world....

REV 8:10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

REV 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

From the website Kid Of Speed

The Omega
No. The world isn't ending because of an accident in Eastern Europe!
It's also almost 20 year ago, so if it was a sign, Armageddon is kinda slow in the coming, huh?

People fearing Judgement Day have been around since the 9th Century. Prophecies about the date have been around all during the 20th Century..

The World is still here...

yerssot
Tomorrow Never Dies

frodo34x
All I'm saying, is that a bunch of Eastern Europeans sh*t themselves at the sound of the word 'Cherynobl'

finti
taken the poor conditions some of the nuclear powerplants have in eastern europe it is no wonder the word Chernobyl spooks the hell out of them.

FeceMan
Lol!

'Wormwood' means 'bitter', correct?

Cipher
No, its not a sign of the world ending. Its a warning about safety in nuclear power plants.

frodo34x
WTF?

The Inkeeper
dont worry about it, if the worlds gonna end its gonna end, you cant stop it, and at least everyone is going down with you happy

FeceMan
Now THERE'S the right attitude!

Jackie Malfoy
I think I read that somewhere in my friends bible.I doubt it if it means the end through.Where is the proof?We will not know if it is true until the ending of the world happens.JM

frodo34x
Also in revleation, is the whole 666 thing, which points to a time where we will not be able to buy or sell without a number...

Cipher
That's according to some theories........

The world's not ending- its just getting worse.

Jackie Malfoy
Actly the world is worst aready.How can it get more worst then it is aready?JM

Clovie
oh god i hate these spelling messed
Czarnobyl.
it is nearby. and that accident had/has a BIG input to a lot of ppl.
but i wouldn't call it the sign of armageddon messed

Die Another Day

Darth Revan
Gosh, it is really that hard to think of ways the world could become worse? Here's something to chew on:

America becomes the modern version of Nazi Germany
Muslims become "Nazi America's" Jews
Aliens invade and either kill or enslave us all
Arnold Schwartznegger gets elected as president
Maynard, Zack, Tom Morello, and Billy Howerdel all die
The Kerry states secede from the Union, and there is a second civil war that is ten times more bloody and horrible than the first one was
Mexico sinks to the bottom of the ocean for apparently no reason
We try to blow ourselves up but don't succeed and there is a period of nuclear fallout during which we will all die

Obviously a couple of those were totally absurd, but a couple could actually happen and WOULD make the world a worse place...

Clovie
i missed that post blink

of course it can be worse.
and even without hapening any of those catastrophes (sp?) darth mentioned confused

even small things can make it horrible sad

Darth Revan
catastrophes stick out tongue

Clovie
there is that other word.. disaster? i must have messed two of them erm

frodo34x
Just to clarify, I made this thread because I saw a scary link there. I believe, however, that the kid of speed website has been proved a fake.

Cipher
The modern version of Nazi Germany?!! We do have some people with fascist overtones in parts of the government, but I think that's going a bit far.....
Besides if that was likely, it probably would've already happened.

This accident occured a long time ago, why would it worry people now?

Linkalicious
I wouldn't worry so much about Chernobyl...and Judgement Day.

I would worry more about President Bush picking a fight with North Korea....causing Judgement Day.

FeceMan
^ "I'm so ronery inside..."

miahera
2nd term of Bush was a world ending sign :P

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.