Maus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinsleepe
It's comic book, but I decided to put it here. I don't think that fans of Dragon Ball would be interested in.

Subject: in short - Holocaust

Maus by Art Spiegelman is the story of author's father, Polish Jew. In my opinion it's great picture of world war II. The form is very interesting:

Jew showed as mouse
German hunting for Jews - cat
Polish as pig - didn't use to hunt for Jews

I relise that not everyone like it, but noone can ignore it. It arouse great emotion, from sadness to furious.

I recommend it to everyone.

Line
I never got around to reading it myself, but I've stumbled across it quite a few times during my study. it should be terrific. a new way of approaching holocaust, even though approaching holocaust, by some, is meant to be impossible.

Vampy
Just after reading the first volume I think it's absolutely brilliant. whip2Whips out each and every superhero/anime type comic, throws it far away and locks up in a dark, unpopular place where they all should belong. The very first comic book I've read that's carrying such a great pack of emotion, intelligence and pure history. Shows the subject bothering me the most - holocaust and the effects it had on people. Wladyslaw Spiegelman was a great man, as everyone who somehow survived WW2 without betraying their own benefactors.

Simply genius, I highly reccommend

Lady_Loofah
I just got the first volume from my school library the other day. I haven't finished it yet.... but so far it's a really great novel.

Mr Zero
I posted about MAUS in the comics thread a few months ago when I was trying to (rudely) educate the rabble therin.

maus review page

BadKitty
allot of love in that thread Zee

it looks brilliant,I would love to check it out...do you think a local library would carry it or would I be best off to order it on-line?

Mr Zero
That was the old me before I got beaten by the system. While looking for that thread i found one where YOU shut me down and ticked me off. Quite a thrill I can tell you.

Lots of libraries carry maus these days - but it's a keeper so your own copy wouldn't be a waste of hard-earned.

Vampy
closed? #rainting#

I.... i must say... I'm in love. Nice job, big Z thumb up

Vampy
no, no, reverse what i said. First, there is a typo in that smilie.

Second.. dear god, those people indeed have NO BRAINS. Maus NOT WORTHWHILE? Maus dissapointing? And rants coming from a boy that apparently has a wound between his butt cheeks?

Now I'M dissapointed sad

shaber
I've seen a review of Maus in some magazine somewhere... weird idea, the mice theme messed

pinsleepe
Hey, calm down, dziobie! What did you expect?

This forum is a place you can always find someone to talk about Harry Potter eek!

Sprobuj zalozyc temat o Pamitniku Ksiezniczki! Zleca sie tlumy wink

BadKitty
I"m reading this right now,finally.

very clever spin on a personal story of surviving the holocaust..I'll report back when I'm through...

That ACDC Chick
i just finished reading this for the second time
definately up there on my list of fave graphic novels yes

Old Man Whirly!
Maus is superb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.