Teens and death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kosta
God, I'm getting so tired of hearing kids sit there and talk about how much their life sucks and how they wanna drive 12 inch blade in to their heart. I mean, WHAT GIVES? Is your life really THAT miserable that you would rather die than deal with a few bad days at school or sutch? Or is it just a cry for attention?
I recognise the fact that some teens commit suicide because they had a GENUINELY hard time, but what I fail to understand, is WHY a perfectly healthy teenager, with a good family would want to sit there and talk about howe much they hate life, and how much they want to go to hell so they can be the devils concubine or some sutch rubbish.
The "Cake or Death" thread in the OTF is a perfect example. WHY DEATH? I guess it might be a joke, but its so frequent that I just dont know anymore. I listen to some metal, I like some goth stuff, but that doesnt mean I want to go and rip out my spleen etc...
Do you understand what I'm saying? DO you perhaps have the same view as I do?
What is it with modern teenagers and their infatuation with pain and death? Could it be that our modern society is feedin kids with emotions they arent meant to know yet,, and it causes them to be emotionally and mentally unballanced?

Df02
99/100 its attention seeking, and yes its boring and stupid

Evy_O
totally agree thumb up though I do recall a similar thread confused

Kosta
Oh sorry, I havent seen one, so I went ahead and posted.

Kosta
Thats what I think.

pinsleepe
Oh, yes, that's so cool! There's one girl in my class, she is the most stupid person I've ever talked to roll eyes (sarcastic)

One day she said to all class:

eek! eek! eek! GUESS WHAT!!!!!! I HAD BULIMIA FOR ENTIRE TWO WEEKS!!!!!! big grin diva

She also showed me something on her wrist that I could hardly see and said: Suzie, I'm glad I can talk to you about my problems. Look at THAT!
What do you mean what? HEREEE! You see now? Ok! big grin

pinsleepe
I forgot about something. After ok, it should be:

Well, I tried to kill myself, you know.

Kosta
ROFL!
Some popele like being drama queens laughing out loud
Funny how most poeple end up being the center of attention for a bad reason.

I know a girl thats an actual bulemic, but she has some mental problems, its sad to watch her waste away the way she does, we used to be pretty good friends. Now shes a cutter, and a bulemic. Pretty tragic. She once told me, "MY dream is to die of anorexia." That kinda freaked me out. Like, why? Why anorexia? Turns out its because she thought she was fat, and that dying skinny was the wayt to go......messed up, huh?

Kosta
Should have said "And it didnt work? Bummer."

Deathblow
Yeah it's amazing how far some are willing to take it to. This girl I used to hang out with in school, she had a nice homelife, loving parents and plenty of friends, but she wouldn't quit bitching about how sick she was of life and how she'd rather die than spend another day on this planet. We never took any notice of her, because it was as you say, just attention seeking. Then one day she didn't come to school, the day turned into a week, we got worried so my friend phoned her house, turned out she'd slit her wrists, panicked when she realised she didn't actually want to die, and had been rushed to hospital.

I don't get it.

pinsleepe
Right! I can't wait the day of 06.20.05, when I'll probably meet her fot the last time love

She will probably kill herslef cleaning her teeth erm I wouldn't be suprised.

Kosta
How do you mean??? How would she kill herself cleaning her teeth? confused

pinsleepe
roll eyes (sarcastic) By accident, probably.

She used to call me once a week and ask why the **** Gaca (Vampy) thinks that she isn't intelligent?! mad And she wants to be psychiatrist hysterical

Jackie Malfoy
I am geting tired of it too.I had to talk my twin sister out of killing herself.I mean all our life sucks just like everyone else.Death is not the way to handle it when it gets tough through.JM

naybean
the problem is that its cool to be depressed. The even bigger problem is that if loads of kids fake it everyone overlooks the kids that have serious depression until they have actually killed themselves.

frodo34x
I dont know anywhere near me where teenagers can get hold of 12" long blades...

Cinemaddiction
Suicide is for pussies.

Thank you for your time.

furryman
My friend had 'suicidal depression' on friday, as an after effect of some drug she's on, from the dermatoligist I think

frodo34x
So how do real men die? By their heart just giving up later in life? I don't think you'd have the balls to kill yourself.

Jackie Malfoy
They do give out warnings now saying for the kids to stop taking a certain depression meds because it makes you want to kill yourself.I forget the name through.
Anyone know?JM

frodo34x
Is this Depresion meds as in drugs you take to stop depression?

Cinemaddiction
Yeah? Natural causes? Suicide is for quitters, that's obvious.

Jackie Malfoy
Yea that is what I mean!JM

FeceMan
Don't say things like that. Making me laugh when I have to use the restroom is bad.

liltiggasmootay
Alot of teens go through the "i want to kill myself" stage. It is very easy for teens to get depressed and most of them do get depressed. The people who go around telling everyone "guess what i slit my wrist" or "i tired killing myself" are just looking for attention. they want someone to say that they are going to help them and try to stop them from doing it. therefore it just shows they dont actually want to die they just want to know if people care about them. The people who actually want to commit suicide wont tell anyone. they usually do it without people knowing, they may show signs but dont go tell people about it cause they really dont want to be stopped.

liltiggasmootay
One time my friend called me and asked me to hang out, she was a little messed up in the head she was a cutter and she seemed to have an obsession with glass and would make art out of glass all the time. anyways i went over there and she was acting weird, but i didnt think anything of it cause she was weird to being with. Then she was like "i dont feel good, ill brb k" she left and went into the bathroom, about 20mins later i went to go check on her and there was no answer. She was laying on the floor in her own vomit and she told me to call 911. so i did and when the abulance got there they asked how many pills she took and she got up went to the other room and took out about 10 bottles of different types of pills. Later on she told me she took them when she was home alone so thats why she called me over because she realized she didnt want to die after she took the pills so she wanted me there incase something happened. Im not her friend anymore but she is still really screwed up...she makes up stories about being pregnant and having misscarrages and she tells everyone about her Stds and how sghe does heroin....its all just so she can get attention and i think its stupid when people are like that

yerssot
as soon as someone goes on a tantrum of "I'm going to kill myself", there is no need to talk to sa(i)d person cause it's just yet another boring cry for attention.
(mind, that's the case in 99.99% or so)

most funny thing is when they proudly show their "cuttings" which aren't bigger than a good centimeter at most laughing out loud

oh and about: "I mean all our life sucks just like everyone else."
life doesn't suck, it's either you do the effort of making something of it or not.
if you go sit at home and do nothing at all, of course at one point you'll think "hey, life sucks! got no friends, can't go anywhere and am a weak person without any muscles"

liltiggasmootay
^ i agree people that just sit there and complain about how much there life sucks cause they have no friends and they are loners just do it to themselfs. Go out and make friends then! there is a million other loners out there just like you go gather a few up and there u go you got friends, stop being babies and stop saying oh im gonna kill myself and maybe people will like you instead of thinking your a crazy freak.

FeceMan
There is a literary device known as the paragraph and the KMC-featured spellchecker. Learn to use them both.

Having my young think their friends will last forever is an interesting concept, but I think YOU'RE looking for a different word there.

MC Mike
He/she is much better then many members here. Tell ^that^ to "Jackie Malfoy". wink

liltiggasmootay
oh god. it was something someone said i didnt make it up so dont tell me about it, i was quoting it from someone else.

BackFire
Lets be honest here, most teens deserve to die, so if they kill themselves, no biggie.

FeceMan
I can't--I made her list.

Horrible. Absolutely hilariously horrible. laughing

Well, give the person credit then, or correct the grammar. Or just put it into format.

Dwarfdude
I go through depressed periods, think about killing myself, I'll admit. But I'm bipolar, so I have reason. But mostly I'm just a regular guy. I have a freind who cuts herself...and I really mean cuts herself, you can see the scars. She has self-esteem problems, but on the outside she just looks like a regular 15 year-old girl, you'd never guess she was a cutter.

But there are people in my school who broadcast their apparent "depression". Its not something to be proud of. Woohoo, I feel like shit, and I'm gunna kill myself, look at me slit my wrists! Jesus, I hate those people.

Vampy
God, Sue, PLEASE. It's enough that I have to look at her ass (yes guys, she wears thongs. All class can see that AND half of her arse when she's sitting. I'm thinking of buying her a damn BELT at last) I don't want to talk about her here too sick

As for me I see absolutely NO SENSE in committing a suicide laughing out loud If you can't handle your problems yourself, let someone else handle them. Suicide doesn't make anything easier, especially (how cheesy it may sound) for your environment and 'close ones'. You just don't do it. Cowards do.

Seen cuts on my friends a couple of times, the biggest one was like... 3cm x 0.5cm. Two on one wrist. Hoosh, mate did cut out SOME part of his/her body. The rest of them were just razor blade cuts as deep as a PLATE. Really people, stop crying for attention like this. Masochism is not the answer.

FeceMan
Do you think explaining this to a person who is suicidally depressed would work? No.

eggmayo
I used to be really depressed. I was just going through a really sh*t patch in my life, and I was gonna kill myself. But then I just decided to try to sit through it and ignore everyone who was just screwing with me. I did cut myself once or twice, but I didnt really get any feeling of release from it, I prefered to burn myself. It brought me back slower.

Cinemaddiction
This man is a literary ****ing genius. thumb up

Abra
It's true that some anti-depression drugs make the risk of committing suicide higher. I'm taking Zoloft for anti-depression, but I haven't felt or done anything suicidal. I don't think anti-depression drugs can actually cause someone to commit suicide. I think it's just a lame excuse. I used to be a cutter and I went to rehab; looking back, I think these people that cut on themselves, whether it's for attention, suicide attempts, or a little bit of both, need to get serious help. Those who just want attention won't cut anymore if they're forced to talk to a psychiatrist twice a week!!!! And the rare individuals who actually want to die will possibly get help. I'll bet that at least 90% of suicides are accidents. It really says something about today's society.

lil bitchiness
Heres a really helpfull site www.depression.com

Here is a link for focus adolescent services (USA) Click on the state you are in and there are many toll free hotline numbers to call for help for troubled teens.http://www.focusas.com/Directory.html

This site is also very helpful:
http://www.psycom.net/depression.central.suicide.html

These types of threads however are not allowed on KMC and as a rule have been closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.