did cave men ever think about getting smart?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beyond Image
well?

)-(&C]{£R
well they obviously did get smart because us humans are here now.

)-(&C]{£R
whether they thought about it or not I cannot answer.

ragesRemorse
no

furryman
"cat"

Jackie Malfoy
LOL!I some how doubt it if there was caveman along time ago.If there was then you have to belive in that whole eveution thing and that is one thing I don't believe in,
I mean what about Adam and eve?They are the first people ever on this earth?When or how did the cave man come about?JM

WindDancer
They were smart compare to us. They didn't have to worry about credit cards, putting gas on the car, paying the electricty bill, using the phone, installing a hard drive in a PC. Caveman had a simpler life...hunt/eat/sleep/sex that was it! No complications.......stick out tongue

MC Mike
"elephant" shock

Capt_Fantastic
whistle sleep whistle

MC Mike
You mean "They could have been the first people on this earth, at least that is what I believe."

Not "They were the first people on this earth."

roll eyes (sarcastic)

T.M
cave men's brain were larger than the brains we have now

Afro Cheese
You can be a creationist and believe in cavemen.

Don't get me wrong, to me that essay is full of shit, but I just wanted to show you that you don't have to support evolution to acknowledge cavemen existed.

http://www.gospelteacher.org/articles/Cavemen_RF.htm

Jackie Malfoy
Ok where is the proof that there were ever caveman?If you belive in caveman then you believe that we were once monkeys.The whole thing has alot of loop holes in it.
While the adam and eve thing has something written down it is called a bible.JM

Arachnoidfreak
. . .

rajah kalantiaw
go on google and search for the java man and peking man. i'm serious. then search for cave heiroglyphs. and lastly, watch the geico commercials.

pr1983
oh ffs...

theres a little thing we like to call evolution...

the bible is not fact. never will be... unless god himself comes down and says so...

honestly, how ignorant can you get?

Evy_O
cavemen were smart, what do you mean? huh

there is SCIENTIFIC proof cavemen did exist.
We never were monkeys, men and monkeys have the same ancestor, and this is based on similarity of our skeletons, along with other things; and that's what the evolution theory claims... I bet you never read it huh?
Where is YOUR proof that bible is real?

I can write a book and claim it's God sent, but where is your proof? that or you never heard there is a thing as science yes

Either get informed or don't talk at all thumb up

Jackie Malfoy
I am informed.Anyway I hate comparing science to this sort of thing.This when I draw the line.JM

KharmaDog
Jakie if there has one thing that you have proven time and again with your factually devoid atrociously misspelled posts is that you are completely misinformed about just about everything you speak about.

Arachnoidfreak
laughing

Evy_O
do you have the "space" button on your keyboard? smile

furryman
You mean herself! diva

(Irene has left the building)

pr1983
apologies furryman, i didnt mean it that way...

laughing

rajah kalantiaw
laughing

BackFire
They were too busy eating meat and screwing women....ah...what bliss...

BackFire
"While the adam and eve thing has something written down it is called a bible.JM"

Oh yeah, this is totally true because we all know there's no loopholes in the bibles.

miahera
we don't even use half our brain capacity to begin with.

not a realistic depiction but I loved that Caveman olympic game in the 80's.

Imperial_Samura
Interesting. Although, I don't think a cave man sat down and decided one day to be smarter. In fact I feel "smarts" is a tricky thing to quantify. Certainly they progressed, they discovered things in there lives that must have aided them, and they remembered and probably kept teaching it to the next gen etc, but I think the progress of intelligence was more of a natural phenomena, not a decision made by our happy cave dwelling ancestors.

FeceMan
How do you mean? *Salivates at the opportunity to correct a possibly misinformed individual with his psychological studies.*

Afro Cheese
Don't we only use 10% of our brain? I heard that somewhere.

Beyond Image
some cavemen probley built the wheel with a dino bone or buried a smelly body..while other cavemen beyond the younder smoked grass and jerked off.

Imperial_Samura
I know of the claim that only about 10% of the brains processing capabilities are supposedly in use... is that true, or some manner of scientific urban myth?

Line
ah, well, harry potter's got something written down too. it's called the philosopher's stone, the chamber of secrets, the prisoner of azkaban, the goblet of fire and the order of the phoenix. five books! five times the truth! wink

Cipher
Neanderthals didn't get much smarter before they essentially went extinct......

And by cavemen, we're not talking about the old cartoon notion of them existing at the same time as dinosaurs, are we?

soulpainter
came across this post by accident looking for something else.

funny some of the stuff I am reading concerning the Bible and is it fact or fiction.

Did you all know that the Bible is the ONLY book that has never been disproved by science? In fact, every time science tries to disprove it, they uncover that what they are trying to disprove actually took place.

Some examples... unexplained destruction of cities, Nile river turning to blood, plagues, Sun staying up for 24hrs, a day in history that is missing..... the list goes on.

Oh yes, and Jesus, as per science and witnesses that were not in the Bible have reported his life and what he accomplished.

While Harry Potter were great books, no one ever stated that they were fact. They are stories to enjoy and are written as such.

Do I feel that the Bible is 100% correct? No, think about this. It states in revelations that anything changes to the great book will cause for the plagues in the book to be cast down upon man. In the 14th century, man translated the Bible from ancient Hebrew in Europe. Shortly there after, the black plague hit Europe. We all know man by nature is corrupt and back then the Church served the King, not God.
Science attempted to disprove this by comparing the dead sea scrolls. Instead, it was found that the modern day Bible had minor changes in it.

I am not slamming anyone nor am I saying you are all wrong. Nor am I pushing my beliefs upon anyone. I have my own ideas of the world and what happened.

I am just putting up scientific fact that has been proven by science.

Oh yeah, and according to science, Jesus did exist and unexplainable reappeared after his death. Name another religion where the God died for his people....
there is not one.

Just something to think about

Bardock42
Originally posted by soulpainter

funny some of the stuff I am reading concerning the Bible and is it fact or fiction.

Did you all know that the Bible is the ONLY book that has never been disproved by science? In fact, every time science tries to disprove it, they uncover that what they are trying to disprove actually took place.

Some examples... unexplained destruction of cities, Nile river turning to blood, plagues, Sun staying up for 24hrs, a day in history that is missing..... the list goes on.

Oh yes, and Jesus, as per science and witnesses that were not in the Bible have reported his life and what he accomplished.

While Harry Potter were great books, no one ever stated that they were fact. They are stories to enjoy and are written as such.

Do I feel that the Bible is 100% correct? No, think about this. It states in revelations that anything changes to the great book will cause for the plagues in the book to be cast down upon man. In the 14th century, man translated the Bible from ancient Hebrew in Europe. Shortly there after, the black plague hit Europe. We all know man by nature is corrupt and back then the Church served the King, not God.
Science attempted to disprove this by comparing the dead sea scrolls. Instead, it was found that the modern day Bible had minor changes in it.

I am not slamming anyone nor am I saying you are all wrong. Nor am I pushing my beliefs upon anyone. I have my own ideas of the world and what happened.

Oh yeah, and according to science, Jesus did exist and unexplainable reappeared after his death. Name another religion where the God died for his people....
there is not one.

Just something to think about According to science there is some evidence that someone named Jesus might have existed, it is not conclusive though. According to science there is not one piece of evidence that that person that might or might not have existed reappeared after their death.

dadudemon
Originally posted by soulpainter

there is not one.

Just something to think about

I am a Christian, and I do not approve this message.

WTF?

There are mounds of religions who have a "sacrificial god" as its center piece.

The Great Black Plague occurred hundreds of years before the KJV was done...the opposite of your theory. Retrospection can always find coincidence, but this time, you failed. Hell, even a quick "google" could have told you that before you came off "sounding" ignorant.

Bicnarok
Cave men have nothing to do with humans, in fact there probably were any cave men at all.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Cave men have nothing to do with humans, in fact there probably were any cave men at all.

Humans were cavemen, I thought. It was just where the human dwelt. You could be a cavemen, a highlander, a desert dweller, tropic dweller, a mountain dweller, etc.

Also, I think you need to add a "not" up there.

chillmeistergen
What would they have themselve's to compare to? They were the most intelligent life forms around, it's not as if they saw a bloke building a house and thought 'I wish I was that smart'. So, no, they didn't ever think about getting smart.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Beyond Image
well? ~How can you think about getting smart?

Bicnarok
A caveman is a popular stock character based upon stereotyped concepts of the way in which early prehistoric humans or homininans may have looked and behaved. The term is sometimes used colloquially to refer to the Neanderthals or Cro-Magnon (i.e., Homo sapiens of the Paleolithic era).

The term has been discouraged for its inaccuracy, as it is dependent on misconceptions of early humans

Borrowed from Wikipedia.

Cavemen are basically another scientific wild guess, like many theories.

lord xyz
A caveman is a popular stock character based upon stereotyped concepts of the way in which early prehistoric humans or homininans may have looked and behaved. The term is sometimes used colloquially to refer to the Neanderthals or Cro-Magnon (i.e., Homo sapiens of the Paleolithic era).

The term has been discouraged for its inaccuracy, as it is dependent on misconceptions of early humans

Borrowed from Wikipedia.

Cavemen are basically another scientific wild guess, like many theories. Well, we were definately hairier stupider and primitive back then. I think we were just apes with tools and less hair.

botankus
If relevant to the intelligence of a rock, then I'd say yes.

Admiral Akbar

Borrowed from Wikipedia.

Cavemen are basically another scientific wild guess, like many theories.

Can't wait to see how you react when it's proven to be true.

RedAlertv2
odd thread to bump

Dreampanther

Admiral Akbar

Dreampanther
Originally posted by Admiral Akbar
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f67/t471398.html

We do have a book forum you know...

Yeah. I post there a lot.

What's your point?

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Yeah. I post there a lot.

What's your point?

Detailed summaries about books belong in the book forum, for someone who vists there quite frequently it puzzles me why you would post it here.

Dreampanther

Admiral Akbar

Admiral Akbar
You can contribute to the thread without giving an summary of a book, or series of books. It's not like you gave your own opinion about how the author relates to the topic, what you did was no different than starting a thread with a series of videos.

And if you knew that it didn't belong here, why post it? Ignoring the rules?

Oh and yes, 280 words do just fine, as you have demonstrated. To me it seems you summed up the six book series pretty well. Plus, to add on top of all that, you just copied and pasted from Wikipedia.

Sorry for double post..

dadudemon
Sorry for double post..

FAIL!!! mad

Mods, ban him now please. Kthanxbye. no expression

(JK)

Seriously, though, I think his post was on topic. It gave a fictional insight to what people are already thinking about. This would be the perfect time to post a reference to the books that this young person read on the subject...those who are interested in the topic being discussed may actually find some of the ideas/premises in those books to be true. That may have been his point for posting that material.

Seriously, you probably are wearing 5 pairs of panties and all five are in a wad. stick out tongue

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by dadudemon
FAIL!!! mad

Mods, ban him now please. Kthanxbye. no expression

(JK)

Seriously, though, I think his post was on topic. It gave a fictional insight to what people are already thinking about. This would be the perfect time to post a reference to the books that this young person read on the subject...those who are interested in the topic being discussed may actually find some of the ideas/premises in those books to be true. That may have been his point for posting that material.

Seriously, you probably are wearing 5 pairs of panties and all five are in a wad. stick out tongue

HEY! there is a distinct difference between a mistake and doing something intentionally.

I'm not saying what he posted was completely off topic, but he could have posted wikipedias summary in the book forum and provided a link to it. Because, well, that's where the summary belongs.

dadudemon
HEY! there is a distinct difference between a mistake and doing something intentionally.

I'm not saying what he posted was completely off topic, but he could have posted wikipedias summary in the book forum and provided a link to it. Because, well, that's where the summary belongs.

LOL! Yeah...true..but that would have taken a lot of time. did the mods delete his post? Did you report his post? The answers to those questions will tell us whether or not his post was inappropriate. (Note, I said "inappropriate" and not "appropriate". Think about the meaning of that sentence and how it applies and you will understand what I really intended there.)

Admiral Akbar
LOL! Yeah...true..but that would have taken a lot of time. did the mods delete his post? Did you report his post? The answers to those questions will tell us whether or not his post was inappropriate. (Note, I said "inappropriate" and not "appropriate". Think about the meaning of that sentence and how it applies and you will understand what I really intended there.)

No, the mods didn't delete his post, but then again the mods sometimes delete threads that start with videos and other times don't.

Nah, I didn't report him. He doesn't do it a lot, if he repeated something like this and it became a habit, then yeah I would consider doing so. Maybe stick out tongue

Cap'n Happy
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I know of the claim that only about 10% of the brains processing capabilities are supposedly in use... is that true, or some manner of scientific urban myth?

Scientists pretty much discount that theory. At one time, they only understood a small part of the brain's functions. They've learned more and more and have figured out what a lot of those previously misunderstood areas of the brain do.

Also, "cavemen" did NOT have bigger brains than modern man. As humans evolved (sorry Jacki, it's true) the brain constantly grew bigger.
I am a Physical Therapy student, doing human anatomy now and dissecting brains, so this isn't me talking, it's science.

As to the topic, "Did cave men ever think about getting smart?" I kind of wonder if the thread-starter would consider it? Sorry to be rude man, but it's a pretty clunky sentence.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Scientists pretty much discount that theory. They've learned more and more and have figured out what a lot of those previously misunderstood areas of the brain do.

Also, cavemen did NOT have bigger brains than modern man. As humans evolved (sorry Jacki, it's true) the brain constantly grew bigger.
I am a Physical Therapy student, doing human anatomy now and dissecting brains, so this isn't me talking, it's science.

Why can't you just be cool like this all the time. I like you as a serious poster. And you know exactly what I am talking about.

Cap'n Happy
Why can't you just be cool like this all the time. I like you as a serious poster. And you know exactly what I am talking about.

I guess sometime I try and joke around, maybe too much. I am very new to this stuff- I never posted or chatted on line until like one week ago, it's all pretty new to me.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
I guess sometime I try and joke around, maybe too much. I am very new to this stuff- I never posted or chatted on line until like one week ago, it's all pretty new to me.

You mean you are not that troll? I can't even keep it straight anymore when we get another helping of Whirly.

Cap'n Happy
You mean you are not that troll? I can't even keep it straight anymore when we get another helping of Whirly.

No... he ain't me. Seen a few references to a Whirly, but it's not me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.