Toy Story 3- without PIXAR?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Shadow Z
Well there are rumours that disney are going to release a third film without Pixar and I for one am not happy at the suggestion of this.
Disney will ****ing screw it up on their own, they can't survive in this business anymore without latching onto companies to make stuff for them and I hope this doesn't happen.

Cinemaddiction
Well, if they don't get the voice talents back, it will be a lost cause. They've got the animation crew, from the looks of "Chicken Little".

rwoonacott

miahera
how well will Disney do in the CG area? Pixar is the master of that art and if they can't get the original voiceovers of the characters, the movie might flop.

Stealth Agent
it will shit out the franchise like other crappy disney sequels have already done

Arachnoidfreak
I heard this too. Disney can't make a decent movie on their own anymore. It's gunna be crap, and when Pixar releases it's next movie by itself, it's going to soar. Pixar is great, Disney is crap.

edog
Will Disney be able to recreate the characters in the same fashion? Pixar certainly isn't going to handle over animation files

miahera
it better not be a cartoony version like that Buzz Lightyear spinoff.

rwoonacott
I have a question; does anyone know how many companies that Disney has when it comes to making movies? There is quite a few like Dreamworks, Industrial Light & Magic, and Pixar, and that is just to name a few. Please if you have anymore to add to this list please do.

Elastigirl
I'm confused. Are you saying that Disney owns Dreamworks, Pixar and ILM? Cause they don't. Not any of those.

miahera
must mean collaborations. isn't ILM with Lucas films?

Elastigirl
Yeah, ILM is with Lucas Films.
Disney has a distribution deal with Pixar.
And Dreamworks is just Dreamworks.

edwinian
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Well, if they don't get the voice talents back, it will be a lost cause. They've got the animation crew, from the looks of "Chicken Little".

yeah, i saw the trailer for chicken little and the animation looks good. I agree about what you said about the voice talents though, and for this movie they got Zach Braff so hopefully things will turn around.

a lot of people paying attention to the way this one goes for them.

Sir Nauj
I heard in an intreview that tom hanks said if disney was gonna do another sequel without pixar then he wouldnt do it , so its gonna suck

gls
disney and pixar's deal is over after next years release of "Cars"

disney has their own studio to do their own 3d animation. their first project is Toy story 3. it isn't a rumor, disney really wants to do this film. last i heard it was going to be for 2007.

powerfulone1987
Well Disney's new Golf movie seems to be getting good reviews and a lot of praise.

Jedi Shmedi
Too bad Jim Varney died, he was amazing as Slink, won't be the same without him sad

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by edog
Will Disney be able to recreate the characters in the same fashion? Pixar certainly isn't going to handle over animation files
I didn't believe that Pixar were making movies by themselves, I thought Cars would be their last movie.

is it comprehensible.....

POTC ship rat
I know this isn't my regular forum, and I'll get back on the boat after this, but my little girl just heard that 3 was coming out, and I heard on the news that Disney offered 7 (gulp) BILLION to purchase Pixar. How true is this, and will the employees at Pixar stay on, or jump ship?

(Random thought just strayed in) Isn't Chronicles of Narnia a Disney product? That lion looks pretty stinkin' good for a CGI. The hair movement looks like the same program designed for Sully when he was layin' in the snow in Monsters, Inc. IF that is Disney, do they really NEED Pixar, other than to get the original data files on Woody and the gang?

Any comments from the gallery? pirate

TheOnes2
Toy Story 3 has been cancelled. Sorry

powerfulone1987
Yes. Pixar is back on board and they wiped the slate clean of the work Disney had been doing on Toy Story 3, because they believe that a 3rd one should only be made when a story demands it and only be made by the original makers.

WrathfulDwarf
Pixar will work on Toy Story 3

Wolfie
Yeah, now that Disney bought Pixar, nothing much is gonna change for moviegoers, with Cars not even out yet.

We'll never see the pure Pixar movie.

JKozzy
I'm sorry, but I just can't wait for Toy Story 3... the first two are two of my favorite movies, if they apply the same effort, they can't go wrong with #3, even making it seven years later, imho.

powerfulone1987
has really been 7 yrs since TS2?

JKozzy
Toy Story 2 came out in 1999, and it's 2006 now. Yup, 7 years.

powerfulone1987
whoa, time flies, i didn't realize it had been that long.

ladygrim
Why is there a need for a third 'Ay , the second i think finished it off perfectly ,

redcaped
Toy Story is a pain in my life. There is no perfect toy made about them...different voice, etc. I did wait quite long for part 2...now 3. Hope they do everything right this time. C'mon, it's 2006!

ilovedaniel
Are you actually certain there is going to be a toy story 3? I hope there is because i love the first two toy story films and pixar is great.

powerfulone1987
Pixar came back and threw out Disney's idea and now they have picked it back up.

killcharlesdead
Originally posted by Elastigirl
I'm confused. Are you saying that Disney owns Dreamworks, Pixar and ILM? Cause they don't. Not any of those.

yeah, doesn't steven spielberg own dreamworks or something?

if they can't get the original cast back, they should give up on making TS3...

JKozzy
Originally posted by Elastigirl
I'm confused. Are you saying that Disney owns Dreamworks, Pixar and ILM? Cause they don't. Not any of those. Well now they own Pixar... stick out tongue

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4642116.stm

But they didnt on dec 6th when that post was made

Goldentooth13
Does anyone know when the third movie will be released>?

Jedi Shmedi
Originally posted by killcharlesdead
if they can't get the original cast back, they should give up on making TS3...

Well, don't bet on the whole cast coming back. Sadly Jim Varney passed away a few years ago, Slinky will never be as good sad

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
Well, don't bet on the whole cast coming back. Sadly Jim Varney passed away a few years ago, Slinky will never be as good sad

Are you referring to the slinky dog?

Susan-Storm
Actually It Is Canceled as theone said..it saved us from another dumb sequel...

faille
I dont think they should do a toy story 3 i think its a bad idea.
I personally didnt think number 2 was as good as number 1.... so Number 3 cant be good. rolling on floor laughing

InnerRise
Not necessarily.

Jenova
Disney is going to bury themselves ten feet below the ground with this movie...

InnerRise
Ummmm where have you been?

Pixar is back with Disney for one.

And the movie is supposedly not being made now.

pinkfloydkor
wow, I love 1 and 2, but if they cant make it as good as the first two, then I dont want to see it, however much I love it. Sucks that Varney died, slink was my fav.

pinkfloydkor
sorry for the double post

but sometime 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toy_Story_3

Kayne Archeron
ugh, just what i need. a trilogy for my least favorite movie. here's hoping what InnerRise said about there not being a 3 is true

drewbiefan
I hope morethan ever that a toy story 3 comes out. I actually feel inside the movie when i watch toy story LOL! it is just a really good movie and i just love watching them over and over again therefore it would be great to see a number 3 come out!

Lord Shadow Z
Its up on IMDB so I guess they are...hopefully it won't be another rescue- type storyline.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435761/

Dinglehopper
I think Disney could do an excellent job with the film. They have the talent in the Animators to get it done. Just check out Chicken Little. Like the previous posters have mentioned where this won't work is if the voice talent is not there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.