X-Force

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
who is reading the new X-Force series?

ScarletSpider
It's not exactly what some people call "good". It's Liefeld needing a quick paycheck and roping Nicieza into it because of an old bet, most likely. Nicieza is doing a much better job with Cable and others over in Cable and Deadpool.

I'm just glad the numbers haven't been good enough to make it an ongoing.

SnakeEyes
I got into it because of the recently apparent "Cable Craze" as i like to call it. Your right though, its not great, but i enjoy it...
The Wolverine cameo was a pleasant surprise.

Nathaniel Grey
Utter trash. I've always been a Cable fan and though I owe Liefeld a SMALL measure of respect for aiding in the characters creation -- I truthfully never want to see him actually work on him. Fabian's a great writer but he seems to dumb down everytime he hooks up with Rob. I'm collecting the comic for nostalgic purposes and fan purposes only. The thing is trash. Soldier X was WAY better than this.

SnakeEyes
You really think its that bad? hmmm.... well i do like Cable/Deadpool better and all, but calling it "utter trash?" Thats a little extreme in my book.

ScarletSpider
The reason Fabian's writing sucks with Liefeld is he's usually just the scripter, and he has to work within the bounds of Liefeld's crap story outline. On his own stories, he's very good.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, i guess i can see where ur coming from.

Nathaniel Grey
I call it trash because it doesn't fit the continuity of what Cable has been doing for that past decade. When was the last time his hand rolled back so that it could be used as a " blaster "? Or when was the last time he actually used that STUPID psimitar? Liefeld never needs to do another comic ever again. I mean yes it feels good to see X-Force from the old days back sorta but this new enemy? It seems like some garbage that they pulled from Young Blood or one of Liefelds other crappy stories. I'm sorry I just don't like Liefeld. He sucks ass.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, i was puzzled when he used the weird gun-arm thing...
Now that i think about it, i see where you are coming from. Hell! Even i coulda made a better X-Force plot!

Darth Vicious
I didnt knew what to think at first but i think it sucks, the story sucks, theres nothing interesting or new and if you look at all his male characters aside from their clothes they all look alike!

eleveninches
i see stryfe is back.

Although if you read x-men the end #6, it might actually be a skrull in disguise.

SnakeEyes
hmmm, did not know he was back

eleveninches
he was back at the end of the last x-force issue

SnakeEyes
ah yes, now i remember...

I am still gonna give this series a chance, and see if it improves

Maelstrom
I love Rob. He goes for the beauty of the scene and has created a romantic moving picture. I'm not saying he succeeded with that in the interaction if that was his intent, but his artwork is quite enjoyable and clever. It allows you to read into the scene if you desire.
I had to stop collecting last month so ive missed the latest but from what i saw hes done it again. He brings to life(for marvel)characters who already exist and i dont' mean the play on their comic origin. More in the sense or "Origins"
Marvel desperately needs new blood; young, old, male and female. Give Liefield time and he will again surpass your expectations.
The team is awesome. I love the power of Meltdown and how she has matured into a young women from the little girl no one else really cared about.
Warpath and Sunspot make good friends. I like to see a varying strength on a team.
I hope the book and author become perm. when i get back to collecting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.