Huge ROTS update from Pablo Jan 29th

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
** The next Episode III trailer will probably be March time.

** This is the same time as the release poster.

** R2D2 is holding a Jedi comlink in his "hand" in the teaser trailer.

** The Wookiees will not be subtitled in ROTS. As in the OT what they say will be conveyed by the reactions of the characters around them.

** Unlike Obi-Wan, Anakin will not start ROTS as part of the Council.

** The photo of General Grievous on the recent databank update is a completed shot from the film, it is one of several final shots -- the web resolution does not do it justice, though.

** Whilst the General's 'look' has been sorted for some time now, his voice has still yet to be determined.

** Tion Medon's voice in the current cut is provided by Bruce Spence, speaking basic.

** Anakin's evil sith eyes in the teaser trailer are NOT just a special shot for the trailer. The shot IS from the film.

** There were no shots which were created specifically for the trailer, although some shots were completed to a certain degree just for the trailer. ie some shots will probably look different in the final film.

** There is a shot in the trailer of Alec Guiness that has never been seen before. It was not used in Episode IV. The close-up of Obi-Wan saying "... the Jedi Knights were the guardians of ..." was taken from the film archives. It is the daily of Sir Alec saying that dialogue in his closeup.

** Pablo wanted to commend anyone who spotted it as he has not had anyone mention it to him.

** There were at least two shots of the twins played by a crewmember's newborn baby, doubling as both Luke and Leia.

** The reason why Darth Vader is not listed in the Episode III "by appearance" databank is because the databank is being added to bit by bit over the next few months.

** There were at least two dozen teaser poster concepts. The one that was chosen was felt to have the broadest appeal.

** The industrial "hidden headquarters" of Darth Sidious that is seen at the very end of Attack of the Clones does NOT feature in Episode III.

** The Clone Wars timeline will be updated in the Expanded Universe section of the site before the new cartoon episodes in March.

** The two Red Guards on the floor in the scene in which Yoda ignites his saber in the Trailer are NOT dead.

** If there's a "Musical Trailer" for this episode (and it has not been decided yet if there will be one), it would probably be ready around April 2nd. It is up to Sony whether there will be one.

** General Grevious' personal starfighter is NOT called The Invisible Hand. That's the name of his capital flag ship. His starfighter will likely not have a name.

** George Lucas collects SW comics art.

** A web doc about the trailers and the marketing dept is very unlikely.

** YODA DOES NOT FART IN ROTS!!!! There is no place in the film's cut where it could possibly be true. Pablo says it makes you ponder about why someone would propogate such an antagonizing a rumor. He says it sounds like someone is messing with us.

** The seperatist leaders are aware that Dooku's master is Darth Sidious. Dooku lied to Obi-Wan in AOTC.

** The Invisible hand does not have a cloaking device.

** Lucas did not use documentaries and other established films to set the pace and tone of the Opening Space Battle. Animatics replace the need for this nowadays.

** The animation process been running VERY smoothly. They've completed more animation for this movie so far than there is in the entirety of Episode II, and there are eight or so minutes of completed animation cut from the film -- more animation than made it into Jurassic Park.

** Anakin does have a disturbing future vision in ROTS similar to Luke's cave test in TESB. But it is NOT of himself.

** The webstrips will continue.

** There's no shot in the current edit that shows the full ring of 12 chairs in the Jedi council. So we'll have to wait to see exactly who's in and out.

** The Kashyyyk tree miniature that's been on the webcam is completely artificial. And it's actually huge too. Expect an article on it soon.

** There are unlikely to be anymore casting announcements. Everyone who has signed a deal memo that warrants such an announcement has been listed. However Pablo says that he will throw a bone for the panicky types that need placating:

Not everyone will necessarily be announced or credited for their role in Episode III.

** Rick McCallum will do one more webchat before film's release, schedule permitting.

** No news about Indiana Jone 4.

** Still no name for the Queen of Naboo in EP3.

** Rhen Var is not in Episode III.

** We can expect to hear more about and see images from the 3rd season of the Clone Wars cartoon VERY soon.

** George Lucas is NOT "contractually obligated" to make the movie PG, due to marketing agreements. There's no truth to that.

Jedi Priestess
Some seriously cool stuff there mainly the part about Anakins eyes NOT being a special shot for the trailer! Very cool.

.:Space Opera:.
i know this is a terrible question but, ive heard alot about pablo and everything he says is usually accurate yet, whats his connection to lucas and the production company? ive heard rumors from him dating back to 2002 about this movie so whats his deal. i know its probably common knowledge but i would like to know.

cornponious
No sincere questions are terrible.

corn

Jedi Priestess
taken from the OS

Pablo Hidalgo

occupation/company: Lucasfilm, Content Developer
biography: Writer & Internet Content Manager for Lucas Online, including starwars.com & indianajones.com. Writer for Star Wars Insider.

awesome, well at least i know. i REALLY hope that they have a musical trailer, i remember back in the day when i first heard the love theme for ep. 2. i was awestruck. i hope sony isnt going to be a bunch of dicks about it and not do it. it would be alot better trailer if it was scored because it wouldnt be as scetchy music-wise and they could make the trailer the way they wanted it to be and set the right mood/tone for it.

unknown hero
A Good read! Nice one Priestess...made my lunch hour a bit more interesting.

JP was it you who had the idea that the red eyes scene is from a dream that ani has abnout his future or something?

Darth Subjekt
yea but it said that his "vision" was NOT of himself...which means that his eye shot was from a part of the regular film, not a dream or anything...he actually has the eyes.

Boris
Intresting.....

Xam

Jedi Priestess
yeah I had that idea but apparently I was wrong. Damn thats twice in one month someone alert the media. messed laughing out loud

jango fatt
Cool

bilbofett
I was way off the money on the Sith eyes thing....
The red guards NOT dead? This one is intriguing....
No Yoda Farts!!! Hooray!!!
& still no voice for Grevious......wtf?

Mortanius
Finally something interesting to read in this forum!

Morridini
Interesting.

eXSBass
Not bad. Not bad at all I might add.

Morridini
So is Vader going to have yellow eyes in the next version of ROTJ then?

EDIT: Aah, wrong thread. I could have sworn I pressed teh Sith eyes discussion thread. sorry.

5knuckleShuffle
sounds good thanks jp

cornponious
That's ok, it works in this thread, too.

corn

waynerobsonuk
Good post JP as usual smile
So who could this 'flash-forward' be of then? Well my guesses are :-

1 something along the lines of Luke (using an unseen shot or part animatic,)

2 Of Darth Vader

3 Of an old obi wan being killed by Vader

4 A shot of his own death or doing something so evil that he can't fathom it at the time.

Anyone got any ideas? I'll have to give tghis one a good think. Maybe he see's Padme's death? But really it's all just speculation. But nothing wrong with that eh? wink

Wayne...

bilbofett
I like #3. May not be in the movie, but it is a nice tie in....

Thanks for the update Priestess

LandoSpeeder
Awesome!

I can't believe we're not going to see another trailer until March! mad

Jedi Priestess
I think there will be an online one in January for HS members it was said.

bilbofett
Really? I didnt see that....

that sucks no trailer till march? thats like four months away!

"yeah I had that idea but apparently I was wrong. Damn thats twice in one month someone alert the media"

you were almost right wink

vader519
Very interesting, well looks like we will have to wait itl mrach to see the next trailer.

Morridini
It says the next trailer will come in March. Perhaps they mean the full trailer and we will get to see a new teaser before that, like previous rumors told.

LandoSpeeder
I sure hope so.

DARTH DADDY
The eyes could still be from some sort of vision, meaning not to do with the "test".
cool stuff...I'd say thanks but then I'd be talking to her and she don't want that. sad

Sith Master X
So the shot with Anakin's yellow eyes will be in the movie? That is some of the best news I've heard in a long time.

darktim1
Sounds good to me I like hearing updates from the people who work for george lucas.

BAILY
We better get a trailer in Jan or there is gonna be hell to pay from me!! I want a HS exclusive trailer!!

Lyn
Thanks for the that JP! happy
I think it would probably be a theatrical trailer, at least I hope so. March though...that's ages away.

I like that he doesn't have an obligation to make it PG. Maybe he will make it as dark as he wants it...

Jedi Priestess
I so hope its PG13. Actually Id love an R but that will never happen, so Im keeping my fingers crossed for a PG13.

from the clues that we've gotten it sounds like its very likely it could be..

Sadako of Girth
The PG13 rating idea seems excellent.Sounds like theres REALLY dark potential to this movie.....
Didn't 'The Ring' get a similar rating in the U.S....?
If ESB was a 'U', then HOWWWW DARK will this be....????!!????? big grin big grin big grin

...As for the guards.... Maybe the old mind trick/imposed relaxation trick has been done.... (Ala Qui-Gon/JarJar in TPM)

imposed relaxation huh? sounds like the gaurds have been doing some very bad stuff during their off time.....:P

Sadako of Girth
Certainly does... LOL ;D

DARTH DADDY
maybe force choking by Yoda. Pablo said they weren't died, he didn't say they weren't dieing. Why can the sith have all the fun.

Sith Master X
PG13 would be great! We can only hope.

Lyn
Same! That's what I'm hoping for.

musashi_sw
I want PG 14

Sith Master X
PG 15! eek!

Lyn
laughing

Just a quick question, slightly off-topic, sorry...
I was out shopping with my Dad the other day and came across the AOTC DVD (I seem to be drawn to it) where I discovered that it was rated M. Now, I own the VHS of AOTC and it's rated PG. Am I missing something here?

Back on topic: I was just worried that Lucas was going to make it less dark to comply with his PG rating.

musashi_sw
PG 21!!!!!
sacramba i wont will see with taht PG

cylob49
yeah theyll probably get the same treatment the gaumorean guards got off luke in rotj.

cylob49
its going to be a 12 at the most in uk
how else is lucas going to sell his fluffy take to bed wookie line of toys

Delta51VE
Are you in the US? "M" is a rating used on Video Games, could that be what you were looking at?

kremzike
I noticed that the one shot of Ben was not actually in ANH upon my first post-trailer viewing of it. I thought that was neat that they actually went to the unused footage for the trailer, but I didn;t think it was all that important to point out to anyone. Now I wish I would've so I coulda said, "Ha HAA! I knew that!" smile

Sith Master X
I never picked up on it first, not until it was mentioned. lol

OB1-adobe
It is nice to know we can put the fart thing behind us smile

GCG
Dooku lied to Obi-Wan about what exactly ?

INTERIOR: Geonosis, Prisson - Day
Count Dooku walks into the cell holding Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan is suspended in a forcefield, turning slowly as blue electric bolts restrain him. Count Dooku circles Obi-Wan as they talk.

http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e2geon06.jpg

OBI-WAN: Traitor

COUNT DOOKU: O No my friend, this is a mistake a terrible mistake, they have gone to fare. This is madness

OBI-WAN: I thought you where the leader here? Dooku

COUNT DOOKU: This has nothing to do with me, I assure you. I will paticion immediately to set you free.

OBI-WAN: Well I hope it does not take to long, I have work to do.

COUNT DOOKU: May I ask why a Jedi Knight is al the way out here on Geonosis?

OBI-WAN: I have been tracking a bounty hunter called Jango Fett. Do you know him?

COUNT DOOKU: There are no bounty hunters here that I am aware of, the Genosians do not trust them.

OBI-WAN: Who can blame them, but he is here, I can assure you

COUNT DOOKU: It is a great pitty our paths have not crossed before
Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon spoke always very highly of you. I whiss he was still alive. I could use his help right now.

OBI-WAN: Qui-Gon Jinn would never join you!!

COUNT DOOKU: Dont be so sure my yong Jedi. You forget he was ones my apprentice just as you are once his. He known all about the corruption in the senate, that he would never gone along with, if he had learned the truth as I have.

OBI-WAN: The thruth ?

COUNT DOOKU: The thruth. What if I told you that the Republic was now under the control of the dark lord of the Sith.

OBI-WAN: No that is not possible, The Jedi would be aware of it.

COUNT DOOKU: The Dark side of the force has clowded there vision, my friend. Hunderds of Senators are now under the influence of Sith Lord called Darth Sidious.

OBI-WAN: I don't believe you.

COUNT DOOKU: The Viceroy of the Trade Federation was once in leage with this Dart Sidious. But his was betrayed, ten years ago, by the Dark Lord. He came to me for help, he told me everything. You must join me Obi-Wan, and together we will distroy the Sith

OBI-WAN: I will never join you Dooku
Count Douku turns to leaf.

COUNT DOOKU: It may be difficult to secure your release.

GCG
was that the lie ?

so Dooku , in that case, doesnt know that palps and sidious are the same person

Darth_Decimator
i think he means when dooku said " He came to me for help, he told me everything. You must join me Obi-Wan, and together we will distroy the Sith" and the M rating in australia means 15+ , i asked this in another thread a while back if your american episode II dvds held the same rating as it did in theatres i dont think i got a reply ..... i cant remember

Darth_Nefarus
Vader couldn't have the Sith eyes in ROTJ, he has abandoned the darkside and his unnatural life.

GCG
But dooku speaks and mentions the word 'truth' ; so unless pablo is toying around, then the lie would be the 'truth' but we all know that its the truth. (the fact that sidious is indeed control of the Senate).

But as per the databank , ' The Separatists' it does mention that Nute Gunray was betrayed by Darth Sidious and that Dooku allied himself with them.

Jedi Priestess

The Ones
wow.

Jedi Priestess
I asked to have the date changed on the thread title to reflect todays date. smile

guiro72
thanks for going to the trouble of posting this jp......

so lets get this straight.....
dooku WAS sifo dyas.....
but now he's not anymore?.....

erm, alright then....

Anakin2Vader

LandoSpeeder2
Thanks JP.

JKozzy
Wow... I must've missed this thread before, read the update in the beginning, and now the one on page 3.... what an overload of information blink big grin

jacemathem
Ahem... I regret to inform "Jedi Priestess" that she needs to properly credit the Jan 29th summary. She copied it directly from my site at SWSaga.com

I wasn't aware of this until it was brought to my attention by users over at TheForce.net's messageboards.

Edit now. I don't take kindly to plagiarism.

Cowboyography
UhOH JP, your going to get sued LOL!!!

Gangularis
ha ha.

jnolan
whoa, so my thread was right about cody being cut, I wonder if that means the scene where Obi has to kill him also?

jnolan
i wonder if jacemathem got Pablo or LFL's permission to relay what was said in a Paid users only HS chat to the general non paying public??? hmm maybe ppl should want to be credit Who*es so bad when in fact all their doing is copying someone elses thought into their own words?

Jedi Priestess
Oh for the love of...........I copied it from your site and you got the info from hyperspace, last time I checked it's a nono to post hyperspace material on your site. So guess we are both wrong. I was in a hurry this morning and just grabbed it. Shoot me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

lucasfilm
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA as in, the blue on blue sabers??? will there be blue on red??? yess??? i thnk so..
and then he talks also about the anakin choking obi, wiht the obi saber, and then the anakin saber in his right hand

GREAT STUFF JP! THANKS A BUNCH!!

jnolan
u know JP i try not to get in other peoples stuff, but i had to say something, you go throught the trouble all the time to keep us well informed and then people act like your robbing their fame if you post something that they did, like you said for the love of God all they did was steal it from HS anyway

ab2421
JP: you're not plagiarising... or making any profit off of his post... u were just taking the time to share something that u read, and that u thought others would like to read--don't waste any more of your time offering the guy an explanation... let him go and do something about it pirate

theshakl
JP ROCKS~!

I LOVE YOU!

OB1-adobe
What a ***. Take a hike dipshit. You run a Star Wars fansite, your not George Lucas. If anything your the plagerizer.

I'll take Loser Star Wars fans who need something to justify their existence for $500 Alex.

thejeditraitor
guess what?
i'm stealing it from you... and you... and you!
and putting it on MY fansite.
cheers!!

Sith Master X
laughing

LandoSpeeder2
laughing out loud

jnolan
poor guy.......well at least he knows now not to mess wth the priestess! hehe

JKozzy
Meh, I can see where he's coming from, but it's general information. Albeit he might've retyped it from the original interview, not sure since I don't have HS, but whatevs, I wouldn't lose sleep over it... rather I'd be flattered that someone else took something I wrote/made and posted it elsewhere.

Cowboyography
Its cool, I steal shit all the time, From here, from rotten tomatoes, from hyperspace, from 7-11, u know how it goes wherever i happen to be. whistle

jacemathem
I didn't copy or retype the interview from Hyperspace. Pablo has said himself that it is perfectly legal to summarize any information on HS, but not to directly copy it. So I posted a summary of what Pablo answered.

jnolan
yeah but you gotta understand that everyone here is just trying to keep everyone else informed, if you were offened by any of this im sure it wasnt meant that way, but in the future i would just take it as a compliment and not get mad about it. U did a good summary tho

Jedi Priestess
DUDE I told you what happened! What IS your beef? Do you get a royalty check???

ab2421
yes..the poor guy wanted credit.... DAMN YOU JP DAMN YOU!!!! You robbed him/her/it of priceless message board fame.... How could you stoop so low... laughing out loud

JKozzy
If I got a royalty check every time someone reposted my Matrix news in 2003.... droolio

Jedi Priestess
I got the last update off of jacemathem's website!!!!!!!!!

there.....happy now? messed

bilb
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

like this is the first time anything has been copied on the net! Get a friggin grip!

Gangularis
i've seen jp get bent out of shape over people doing similar things to her finds.

Jedi Priestess
Yeah like on Jan 5th when someone took a picture I posted here and hotlinked it at TFN and shut my photobucket account down in 3 days because it had 60,000 hits. I'd say that calls for being a tad upset.

I generally post where I pick something up, but as Ive explained twice now I was in a hurry this morning and committed a cardinal sin on a Sunday and forgot to put the name of this guys website on my original post. Guess that means Im going to cyber hell. laughing out loud

And Gang I know for a fact you've taken things Ive posted here and put them on your forum board, so people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gangularis
thanks for proving my point.

cool

I've taken lots of pics and other spoilers from this forum and shared them with other people..
but in great contrast to this forum, my forum isn't a star wars forum, there are maybe 5 or 6 star wars fans on my forum, and i just post them to share with those who might be interested.. it's not some popularity contest to win the hearts of hoards of people on a gigantisized star wars spoiler forums like it is for some people here. i don't expect the "you are the man!!" response from people when i post on my forum like you guys get here. So there's no debacle about "who's the man" when i post on my forum, because i'm not trying to be "the man".

Jedi Priestess
airplane
roll eyes (sarcastic) as usual went right over your head........... laughing out loud

thejeditraitor
it's all for the love of sw.
it's all love man.

Gangularis
I'd say quite the contrary.

exhibit A.

I said:

i've seen jp get bent out of shape over people doing similar things to her finds.

Exhibit B.

you said: And Gang I know for a fact you've taken things Ive posted here and put them on your forum board, so people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

conclusion - you are obviously harboring some sort of disgrunted feelings (i.e. bent out of shape) about me using pics that may or may not have come from your postings. Hence, you proved my point. a point you obviously missed... so i guess this is where i say " as usual, over your head laughing laughing out loud "

oh yeah.. and drawing within your line of logic.

exhibit 1.

you said:

people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

and then you go on to say:

as usual went right over your head...........

i might as well say:

"takes a fish to fry the frostbite in the backseat of a large automotive transport"

and then say

"as usual, over your head lmao! ect. ect"

-seperate conclusion-
making no sense does go over my head, because i'm not used to understanding contrived analogical statements that have no basis in reality.

Gangularis
and btw priestess, i've seen you flip out over more than just this tfn linking - you definetly make sure you get your bragging rights whenever you can.

thejeditraitor
wow
i think this dude's right!
down with jp!
ha! ha!

Gangularis
i'm not trying to have a civil war, i'm just making a statement.

Ushgarak
Right, I want to make something absolutely clear.

If you take information from a website,

GIVE CREDIT TO THAT WEBSITE

I am absolutely solid on that. You owe an apology to the person you took that from, JP.

Future plagiarised references will be removed, continual violation will lead to warnings.

Jedi Priestess
I explained twice what happened. This was the last straw.....get your info somewhere else peeps, Im done posting anything spoilerwise on this board.

PVS
as would i be JP.
who needs this drama shit?

ffs a paraphrasing of copyrighted material is not in itself copyrighted.
if JP wanted to, she could have changed like 2 or 3 words and made it HER copy. the only one who should get any credit in this situation is PABLO.

but whatever. JP, im with you. why should you bother if it leads to certain trolls making a career out of raining on your parade? dont appologise!!!!

pr1983
jp, you shouldnt apologise, but please, don't stop feeding info... i read your updates whenever i can...

please? flowers

PVS

pr1983

Ushgarak
This is NOT up for debate. If you post from a wesbite, say where you are posting from.

If anyone has any problems with this, disucss them via PM, not in here.

PVS, consider yourself on a warning. I have told everyone here what the situation is- and that is just how it is.

sundevilscott
Man we all need May to come along soon.

jjwil76
hey? where'd my watch go!?

guiro72
and it was all going so well....

Gangularis
most of her stuff comes from the tfn boards. don't worry, plenty of the people here will still bring good spoilers to the table. a lot of which just come from other forums and websites.

PVS
and im sure you will find other people to stalk and troll for self gratification.

Gangularis
yeah, and maybe you can get a clue and find someone else's ass to stick your nose up?

rofl "stalk".. that's funny, seriously pvs. don't take another one of your pretend girlfriend's ridiculous temper tantrums to heart.

Ushgarak
Ok, ok, let's move on from that area.

guiro72
erm.......dooku was sifo-dyas!!......

never mind.....

Gangularis
i find it hard to believe that they're not going to reveal who sifo-dyas is in ep III

guiro72
i didn't read it that way, just that it had changed from being dooku to being someone else.....and then no mention of whether that person would be named.......but it was yesterday read, i'll have to check it....

cylob49
I knew it..Lucas totally skipped the Sifo Dyas....."thing".
I feel a million fanboys crying out in terror and being suddenly silenced over the wasted hours spent debating who Sifo-dyas was.

Gangularis
lolz

cylob49
I apologise for my use of the words "fan boys crying" in my last post what with whats been going on in this thread.
It was insensitive of me.......i feel your pain and im sorry for your loss.

thejeditraitor

guiro72
it doesn't say whether the subject is even broached in the film anymore, but then it doesn't say that it isn't either.....perhaps someone with hyperspace could check the exact wording.......or not.....

peluffo
Great Thread big grin

A day long remembered.

PVS
i thought you would be upset peluffo
who will you routinely harass now?
better start shopping around

peluffo
Funny to see what happens without my help. Don't blame ME, because she gets what she's lookin for.

Ushgarak
Topic, people.

ARC Trooper 117
Well.....JP's gone....
*Cries and beats those who taunted her-including self*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.