DVD Extras

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rwoonacott
If you are like me when a new movie is released on DVD I like to run out and buy it as soon as possible, however there is a problem with doing this now. Manufactures are started to leave out special features, such as commentaries, and how they make the movies and so on. This is a marketing strategy that we all need to be aware of.

Before you buy the DVD make sure that it contains all of the special features that normally come with the Disk, if you do not see these features it is best if you wait a month or two before purchasing the film. This should be an indication that there is going to be a special release of the film with all sorts of special features.

If you are unsure of what the disk is going to contain you might want to try official websites of the film to find out what you are going to get when you purchase the film on DVD.

Cinemaddiction
A lot of the time, you have no clue if movies are going to even have special features or not.

Plenty of flicks on DVD that are bare bones and will never see a re-release.

T.M
i never watch the extras anyway i dont spend money on a DVD to listen to someone talking no

taipan2000
Yeah it's really annoying when that happens, I bought the likes of Deer Hunter and Goodfellas when they first came out and now they both have special editions out with loads of features.

supertruper
I tend to wait for the EE to come out rather than jumping on the Theatrical Edition.... i.e., with Return of the King...

Jackie Malfoy
It is kind of disapointing in some dvds the extras are just the trailers and no interviews or anything like that.It makes me sad.And angry.JM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.