Anakins Vision

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
sorry preistess, but i had to start a thread on this from your updates cause it sounds cool.

any ideas as to what he might have a vision about? or when he has a vision?

Sith Master X
Well it looks like Mustafar is in the background. That's all I really know.

Mist
is that in his vision? i thought that part would be just before the duel began.

Jedi Priestess
The part with the eyes is NOT from the vision. And dont be sorry Mist this is a good thread idea. yes Killer sig SMX thumbsup

Sith Master X
Opps, I was confusing this topic with something else. I believed that shot was a vision, but it probably isn't. Yeah, you're probably right. That happens right before the duel.

Sith Master X
Thanks. I owe the credit to an artist at TFN. I asked him if I could use part of his art as a sig. I cut it down, reduced the size, and he was kind enough to put my name on it.

Jedi Priestess
well lets hope you keep it more than 2 days laughing out loud

Anakin does indeed have a vision he's just not in it, so we can discuss that here.

Sith Master X
lol I don't see this one going anytime soon. I've got 4 versions of it.

Anyway, to get back on topic. I'm quite interested in finding out what is vision is. Perhaps it has something to do with Padme?

Jedi Priestess
Perhaps it has something to do with his children?

Sith Master X
I was thinking the same also.

Mist
but he doesnt find out about luke/leia until the later movies. how can he have a vision of them?

Mist
when you say anakins not in the vision, does that also exclude vader?

SomeGuy57
Where did you get this vision idea from?

bilbofett
Just had a thought...

The only other time we've seen a vision is with Luke while on Degobah with Yoda.

We've been told by Pabs & McCallum that one of the reshoots involved a new scene with Anakin & Yoda with Yoda telling Anakin once again about the dangers of fear & attachment.

So maybe this is where the vision occurs, in the presence of Yoda.... He sees something along the lines of what Luke saw in the cave and doesn't know what to make of it. We will of course, because we all know what happens in the future via the OT. But Anakin may not fully understands what he sees which will only add to his confusion over whether the Jedi are corrupt or not. So the vision may serve as a warning, one that he obviously does not heed given his turn to the darkside.

Mist
perhaps he has a similar experience as luke did on dagobah ie. facing his darkside feelings.

DARTH DADDY
Two questions, actually a statement and a question. I like what someone else asked already, why is everyone thinking that he has a vision? And 2nd, why can't the eyes be from the vision. Pablo said that it wasn't just for the teaser, it was in the movie. He didn't say how it was in the movie unless JP knows more then she is willing to say. Are you holding out on us JP?

Sith Master X
But he did state that the shot with his eyes wasn't not from a vision.

NoFate007
Well, if Anakin is not in the vision, the only characters of significance for it to be would be:

Vader (if that counts)
Padme
Luke
Leia
Palpatine
Obi-Wan
Yoda
Qui-Gon
and Mace

I doubt Mace will be it, as with Yoda. Obi-Wan, I don't know much of what he could do besides the duel with Anakin, but that would involve Anakin being in the vision so that's out. Qui-Gon I'm not sure of. Padme's death should involve Anakin so that's out. Possibly, he sees a vision of Luke, since he can't know about Leia.

Mist
perhaps he has a vision of paplatine being attacked by mace windu, then runs off to find and help?

Sith Master X
I'm thinking it's going to be along the lines of Padme. That's just the only one I could imagine him having a vision for. It sort of fits seeing that he cares deeply about her.

Mist
maybe he sees padme dying in obi wans arms, then thinks obi wan killed her. this is what starts the duel later on.

Sith Master X
Interesting! yes

musashi_sw
yes!

darthbrowneye
Ooh, that's good! As we know, the darkside has clouded the jedi's ability to see the future, and maybe Anakin see's Obi-Wan holding Padme, and can't figure out the full nature of the vision.....if that makes sense. blink

Mist
yes.....1 point for mist!

NoFate007
Oooo...VERY nice. I hadn't thought about that. Here's some credits...they'll do fine.

jedijunky1138
I think his vision is of lots of lava and extream pain. He may not see himself but he could see Vader. Anakin is no longer Anakin after he falls to the darkside. So a vison of Vader may not be considered a vision of himself.

Mist
republic credits? republic credits are no use here. i need something more real....

Sith Master X
Republic credits aren't no good out here, he'll need something more...real.

Anyway, I think Mist has given probably one of the best theories I've heard of in quite a while. thumb up

Jedi Priestess
I like that idea Mist yes

Mist
wont this bring me down if its NOT the vision.......

cornponious
And exactly how do you know this?

corn

Mist
it was specified earlier in jps thread

Mist
or maybe it wasnt i dont know...

cornponious
Where? I didn't read anything that explicitly said the "eyes" scene was NOT in the vision.

corn

Mist
bah, who knows.

Darth Subjekt
well if youre basing it off of what JP reported, then it says Anakin has a vision, but he's not in it. And the eyes were on Anakin, so if hes not in it, then his eyes arent in it.

Again, based off what JP said.

darktim1
Well in attack of the clones he had nightmares about his mother maybe he has nightmare about him burning or even killing padame.

bilbofett
I love that idea Mist....

theshakl
i really think he will have a vision of a grown luke and leia from the OT movies... that would be really cool to watch ...no?

"maybe he sees padme dying in obi wans arms, then thinks obi wan killed her. this is what starts the duel later on."

Mist dont hate me for this..nothing personal..but i think that is not a very cool idea...it would be hard to convery in the cinema..for anakin to see obi with padme...and making obi look guilty..and not only that but yeah that vision would not fit in to what is important..that vision would be like..for the purpose of making him evil??

Darth_Nefarus
I think Mist hit the nail on the head. If he were to have a vision of Jedi coming to confront Palpatine, it would surely aid him in defending Palpatine from Windu and the others.

BAILY
Prolly the vision will be something that happens in the OT. Maybe Obi and Vader dueling...

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by theshakl
i really think he will have a vision of a grown luke and leia from the OT movies... that would be really cool to watch ...no?

no...cause he had no idea about Leia in ROTJ. That would compramise that whole scene. I think it's more along the lines of him being the strongest in the galaxy, due in part to a mind trick from Palps. I dont think about him being evil, just people praising him, as far as the council and civilians.

darthbrowneye
Hey, just thought about this, but what if his vision is something about seeing palps becoming emperer & having control over the whole galaxy? I dont know, just a thought rock

(subjekt, cool pic with the sabers thumb up thumb up thumb up

cylob49
the scene in the trailer where anakin has the "sith eyes" is right before he slaughters the separatists

cylob49
WHICH HAS ALREADY BEEN STATED BY THIS GUY -
QUOTE]Originally posted by Count Doodoo
Maybe Anakin will get angry and then his eyes will turn yellow and then they'll use Lou Ferrigno as a stand-in. Juuust Kidding! big grin

It looks like you can see the separatist's conference room in the background (with nobody sitting at the table -- maybe they're all on the floor dead) so perhaps that's how he looks at Obi-Wan and/or Padme when they find him on Mustafar. Maybe the yellow eye thing will just be used to make it obvious to the audience that Obi-Wan and Padme know that Anakin has turned to the dark side. Maybe we'll understand it better at that point after having seen Palpatine's transformation and what caused it.

It's still possible that the shot with Anakin with the yellow eyes was just exclusively for the trailer, or is part of a dream/vision sequence, but I still don't think either of those possibilities are very probable.

I don't think that Anakin's eyes just turn yellow because he's enraged either, because he looks like pretty enraged when he's choking Obi-Wan in the trailer and his eyes aren't yellow.

Oh, btw, I saw Darth-Maul-type contact lenses for sale at an optometrist's office one time. They'd go good with a ROTS Anakin costume, wouldn't they?

stay away from this site for a few days and u make mistakes and repeat people
id love to be able to memorise and read every frikkin post
but i cant and personally dont want to

wuTa
no...cause he had no idea about Leia in ROTJ. That would compramise that whole scene. I think it's more along the lines of him being the strongest in the galaxy, due in part to a mind trick from Palps. I dont think about him being evil, just people praising him, as far as the council and civilians.

he knew about Leia....he fights luke and luke was hiding and he pisses luke off by saying something like...."well if you wont join maybe sister will, yes what about sister"

maybe the council finds out about his marriage they tell him he is band from the order and he gets really pissed and his eyes turn yellow...i wish my eyes turned yellow when i was pissed

PVS
time for my theory.

anakin will have a vision of alderan's destruction.
my reasoning is that from what we see in ep2, it is actually the federation that constructs the death star. i think it would feul anakin's hatred for the federation even more, building up to the scene where he slaughters the lot of them. im picturing a scene not from space, but on alderan. something similar to the nuclear holocaust scene in terminator2. a serene scene on alderan, a scene with lots of people, and a sudden beam of light striking the planet, and people screaming out in terror.

it would be a cool irony since vader will be standing by obediently as tarken gives the order in ep4.

just a thought

cylob49
my eyes turn yellow when im pissed....especially on cider

palps has mega fooked with his head by the time of the sith eyes scene
hes been part of or has observed windus death
he wants to please palpy
he has personal beef with Nute
so its obvious its the separatist slaughter scene

darthbrowneye
Ah, PVS, that's a cool idea too! yes

cylob49
i thought for a minuite the vision would be vader but thatd lose the impact of the vader rising scene and our first glimpse.
i doubt it will be alderaan.......nobody will care up to that point in the movie
i think it will include anakin
in pain,claustraphobic flashes summat like that
a bit like the wolverine origin scenes in xmen

PVS
pablo already said that anakin will not be in the vision

Darth Subjekt
he knew about Leia....he fights luke and luke was hiding and he pisses luke off by saying something like...."well if you wont join maybe sister will, yes what about sister"

No, he didnt...remember this line..."especially for....sister. Sooo, you have a twin sister, OB1 was wise to hide her from me. His failure is now complete."

THEN he said If you will not turn..blah blah blah....so no, he did not know about leia.

Darth Subjekt
and what he says is, "If you will not be turned to the darkside, then perhaps she will."

Luke, "NEVER!"

.:Space Opera:.
yup: "obi was wise to HIDE her from me..." but the question is: when did he find out about her? she couldve been hidden from vader for like a month or something...so there's no way to tell.

Darth Subjekt
no because he was surprised about her. hence..."sooo, you have a twin sister." GL even mentions it in the commentary. Vader did not know about Leia.

and i forgot about the part where he says, "your feelings have now betryed her too." He didnt know about her until luke started thinking about her.

Darth Subjekt
btw, thanks darthbrowneye! big grin beer Happy Dance

cornponious
Actually, what Luke shouted was more like, "YAARRRRRR!!!"

corn

Darth Subjekt
Actually, he says "never"...go watch it with subtitles...and we've already discussed this else where, and all concluded that he does in fact say Never...ask PVS if you dont take my word for it.

darthbrowneye
Subjekt, no problem rock

Sith Master X
Yeah, we've had this discussion before haven't we? laughing

I always thought he just shouted, but closer examination, you don't need subtitles to hear that he acutally says "Never!" wink

NoFate007
I like the idea of Obi-Wan holding a dead Padme...

If its not that, the only other thing I can see making any sense is if he sees maybe Palpatine shooting Force Lightning at Luke, or the Jedi that Windu takes with him to attack Palpatine. But then again...both of those would spoil that part of the movie...hm......it can't be Alderaan's destruction cause if that upset him then he wouldn't be pro-Death Star.....Maybe its a vision of something that has to do with the Sith..like that Darth Plagueis in hoods destroying Jedi in the temple, and he looks under the hood and the man is wearing Padme's necklace that Anakin made for her.....I don't know, this one is hard lol.

Cowboyography
Does it have to be Anikan having the vision?, What if the eye scene from the trailer is part of a dream Padme or Obi-wan has. and I know you folks dont like the idea of a dream being inserted, however Lucas may do this not only for a nice shocking moment in the flick but also for a nice trailer shot smile

Darth_Nefarus
I think it should be Anakin having a vision. The force is attempting to tell him that he must be there to stop Palpatine with Mace. Of course, we all know that Anakin is too selfish...

Mist
perhaps the scene with mace fighting palpatine is anakins destiny point. he can kill the sith and rid them forever, or turn against the jedi and become a sith. anakin has two oppurtunities to rid the galaxy of the sith forever, this scene, and the scene in ROTJ when he finally kills palpatine.

theshakl

"no...cause he had no idea about Leia in ROTJ. That would compramise that whole scene. I think it's more along the lines of him being the strongest in the galaxy, due in part to a mind trick from Palps. I dont think about him being evil, just people praising him, as far as the council and civilians."

but if he sees her older... how is he to recognize her as his daughter..first of all he probably doesn't think he is having a girl..second he hasn't seen her grown up.... so he still would not know who she is and besides even if he doesn't see Leia(which probably won't happen) there is a big chance he WILL see Luke...without knowing its Luke however

Sith Master X
That's possible.

Mist
there is no way he is going to see leia. no way. ever. period.

lucas doesnt use flashbacks, so why use flashforwards? it has to be something relevant to ep3 near the end.

jedijunky1138
Vader (if you will remember from ROTJ) had no clue that Leia was his daughter. If he had a vision about Leia he would have known she was his spawn.

ArthasKnight
I agree, it has to be something Episode 3 related. Maybe it'll be a vision of himself as Vader after the duel with Obi-Wan. Since it's been said that Anakin isn't in the vision, and Vader isn't really Anakin, I think we have a good chance of seeing Vader in the vision. Sort of like a warning saying, "This is the path you're walking down, turn back." or something like that. I think that'd be pretty cool.

Ushgarak
I see a lot of assuming that the vision will be something of the future, or what-not. As this was not the case in ESB- it was a metaphorical vision- do we actually have any reason to think that?

jedijunky1138
That is what I said in my first post in this thread.

ArthasKnight
True, I mean Luke was seeing something that was supposedly currently happening (if I'm thinking the same thing you are Ush) but really, we're all just speculating.

PVS
no reason to think it...other than it could happen.
when, before or after the dagobah scene did we see anything of the sort? that scene was way out of left field, and who's to say GL doesnt have any other tricks up his sleeve.

as far as my theory, its just that. a theory.

but if we only look to what GL has done but once as a frame of reference....its impossible. luke wasn't really in a dream...it was like more like a hallucination in a way, since he was physically in that cave and fighting with his weapon. although what he saw was not there, HE was there and the cave was real. however, with the exclusion of anakin from his own vision, its a totally different concept. its would be a complete dream sequence....so i think. nothing of the sort has ever been done is star wars.

soccerrocker198
you know what? maybe anakin has a "vision" dealing with his past. He would see all the events leading up to that point, and he might decide then whether to turn on the jedi/follow the ways of the sith.

i know its different than the other theories.....just my idea! wink

Sith Master X
Maybe. I heard a rumor at one point about something going back to Episode 1, which was in his past. But again, the vision is not of himself.

ArthasKnight
I quote from Jedi Priestess's thread concerning ROTS info:

"** Anakin does have a disturbing future vision in ROTS similar to Luke's cave test in TESB. But it is NOT of himself."

Note the word FUTURE in that sentence plzkthx. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

soccerrocker198
oh right. i forgot its not about him... sad

theshakl
ok who wants to bet now that it is a vision of the future ..and by that i mean the OT

Mist
i stand with what i said earlier about padme and obiwan

cornponious
I bet I know what it will be. Anakin will have a vision of the future in which Luke, Han, Leia and Chewbacca have just left the garbage compactor, and Chewie is standing there cowering over the noises made by that trash creature.

Then Anakin's eyes turn to sith eyes because he gets angry over his son hanging out with such a wimpy wookie.

corn

Mist
no no, he has a vision of leia in the slave girl getup, then his eyes turn evil cause he thinks his daughter is dirty. laughing out loud

theshakl
that would be hard to convey on the big screen..it seems kinda stupid that he goes all evil because of a vision that he misinterpreted(sorry for spelling)

theshakl
i think it will be random shots of the OT like luke looking at the sunset... Luke in Dagobah.... Luke with Lightsaber... Luke suffering because of lightning..but of course the shots would be fast and hard for anakin to interpret..unless of couse you have seen the movies..

(sorry for double post)

Mist
yeah, but ANH is set like 20 years away from ROTS. i doubt hes gonna have a vision that far ahead in time.

Darth Subjekt
He doesnt go "all evil" because of a vision...thats just part of him and what he goes through. He choses the dark path because Palps is stronger than him and plants those evil seeds in his mind. He trusts Palps and listens to what he says. IMHO, while Ani is my favorite character and most powerful jedi, he's still a little weak-minded himself, when it comes to certain other people, i.e. Palps, Padme...so if they suggest something, then he pretty much goes along with it. I kno wPadme tries to talk him out of the darkside, but he's too far gone by then.

Darth_Nefarus
Hell yes he's weak minded, but afterall he is only 20 or 21. I mean, having as much ability as he does in the force, and the potential, I'm willing to be anyone at that age would succumb to the darkside.

Darth Subjekt
Oh no doubt. I was just simply stating that it wasnt this "vision" that turns him to the darkside,...its Palpatine's influence.

.:Space Opera:.
"succumb....."

LOL

PVS
mark my words

DEATH STAR stick out tongue

reason: forshadowing. think of viewing the saga from the perspective of someone who has NOT seen the OT first, as GL intends it to be structured.

in ep2, we already see the deathstar on hologram, therefore, whether or not it is built in ep3, its purpose MUST be addressed, imho. what better way than such a forshadowing dream? besides, the deathstar is the main threat of the OT, besides the sith. whether or not this is true, the deathstar has to be explained. its not some minor plot point and it wasnt put into ep2 to woo oldchool fans as some cheesey nod to the OT.

NoFate007
Well, think of it this way...Luke's vision was of him as an evil version of himself, foreshadowing that Vader is his father and that he is also susceptable to the Dark Side unless he's careful. It was a psychological thing and used metaphorically. It did not spell out something that will happen.

Anakin's vision therefore, cannot be something such as Obi-Wan and Vader fighting on the Death Star, or Padme's death or anything, because that would ruin suspense. Instead, this has to CREATE suspense. If Anakin is not in the vision, it has to be a symbollic thing, such as Maul's face burning into Dooku's face, which burns into the face of Palpatine, showing that Palpatine is evil like the others.

PVS
oh not a morph scene

ANYTHING but a morph scene

NoFate007
Well it wouldn't make sense for Lucas to show Vader falling into the lava, Padme dead, Luke, etc, he'd just be ruining the movies. After all, he wants you to watch them Ep 1 to 6, so if you saw a vision of say, Vader killing the Emperor or Alderaan exploding, it loses all its dramatic effect in the OT. So it has to be a symbolic thing, something that doesn't make much literal sense ala the vision in Empire.

PVS
as far as vader killing the emporer, i agree. besides, anakin is vader, and anakin wont be in the vision.

as far as alderan's destruction, i dont think it would take away from anything.

-you would not know its alderan. it would just be a sureal destruction scene of a beautiful planet, not viewed from space, but from the ground.

-we are already told in the opening crawl of ep4 that the deathstar can destroy an entire planet, so there would be no surprises killed.

-it would only add to the scene of alderan's destruction, in that we only see a tiny planet blow up in ep4, and are told by obiwan that millions of voices cried out. so how would a graphic apocalyptic scene take away from that?

-it would motivate anakin to kill the federation, since it is seemingly dooku and the federation (geonosians) that construct the deathstar.

-it would illustrate to the first-time audience just how deadly the impending deathstar will be, which will most likely be at least talked about in ep3, as the audience is already introduced to the death star in ep2. REMEMBER, that scene was for the first time viewer, so now the audience is left thinking "what was that round thing in the hologram"

-it would solidify the irony that anakin wants to stop people from dying but takes part in mass murder

i think it makes perfect sense. im not sure that it will happen, but i fail to see how it would not make sense or kill any suspense or drama in the OT for the first time viewer. as i said before, that deathstar hologram was in ep2 for the new viewers and NOT for the oldschool fans. it HAS to be explained, in that it is one of the stars of the saga. it's the ultimate threat, the supreme brainchild of the sith, along with darth vader. its not just some arbitrary weapon, its THE weapon.

Darth Subjekt
damn, good point...i really counldnt agree with you more. At first i thought it might take away from it too, but since you put it that way, i completely agree...it would enhance it.

cylob49
What he has a vision of MORPH??????!!!!!

this posting may be lost on anyone not familiar with 70s and 80s uk tv kids shows

NoFate007
If they were to show the destruction of Alderaan by the pov from the ground, then it could work, but I think if they just show the same footage from A New Hope it'll ruin everything.

bilbofett
the Death Star ting could work, but i still like the idea of him seeing Obi holding a dying Padme & jumping to th ewrong conclusion (sounds like a Three's Company Episode!!! LOL)

PVS
i agree
in fact, if they showed ANY scenes from the OT i would be very pissed.

PVS
three's company lol

thats EXACTLY what popped in my mind right away, and its exactly the reason i dont want it to happen. it would just be too corny imho.

PVS
*bump*

hey, its a good topic, and all the BS threads have pushed it to page 2.

smoker4
Lol Morph laughing out loud And now the gallery laughing out loud

Come to think of it Tony Hart looks a bit like palps!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.