New Tfn Look!!like Or Hate It?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xam
do you like or hate the new TFN LOOK???

NOTE: if there is already a thread about this please erase or merge this one Thank You

EDIT: please vote thank u!

Sith Master X
It's different. erm That's really all I can say.

.::Levi@than::.
^Agreed yes

Sith Master X
I'm sure as time goes by I'll get used to it.

Xam
yeah its kinda hard to understand

EDIT: when you guys post please vote thank u!

theshakl
yeah probably in time i will actually know where all the links are at

Jedi Priestess
SUX IMHO

musashi_sw
I HATE

Xam
well i want the old one back!

cornponious
Shouldn't this be in a different forum?

corn

jedijunky1138
You beat me to it corn. laughing

Sith Master X
Let's start a petition! Happy Dance

Killua
Boh , i just havta get used to it i guess !

darktim1
It's okay atleast they still give news.

Spectr4L
It sux horribly. The layout is disorienting, and they seriously need to change the fruity button colors to something more uniform.

lucasfilm
IMO? it totally stinks! ^^^ agreed, disorienting and is just so different. dont like it one bit. its not the same site anymore for me

Xam
how bout you check my first post stick out tongue

waynerobsonuk
OK as a professional Web designer of many years standing here's my critique of theforce.net's new design:

1 - confusing interface. Thia is not what one would call a intuitive design, someone who hasn't used the net much would have difficulty working it out.

2 - Resolution sizes not taken into account. At some resolutions the type in certain bits is so small as to be unreadable.

3 - They've went for a 'trendy' design not one that would do the job well. This stinks of someone with a book on photoshop and dreamweaver following a few lessons to make a site. Note the chamfered edged on the headlines etc.. all old photoshop tricks. In fact the only thing they have missed is the 'flaming text' LOL

4 - Browser compatibility - so far that seems ok but I would exp[ect as much as really this isn't very reliant on CSS for layout. I haven't tested in great detail as I've only just got up..laughing out loud

5 - does it realy give the 'image' that they want? Well only they can ask that question, but to me if it aint broke don't fix it. While their old design really did need a few things updated, they've went from a highly usable design to a unusable one.

6 - Suffers from 'too much condensed text syndrome! One of the rules of good design is white space and lot's of it. if you must have large amounts of condensed text then always break it up with a few images. They seem to have tried this but it still looks bad to me. try harder guys!.

So taking all this into account I personally think they have shot themselves in the foot. Fan sites will always be 'flashy looking' but there's good flashy and bad flashy. Personally as both a fan and a designer I think it's bad and the old site was both easier to use and better looking than this. It's a change for the worse.

Wayne...

Eleonora
Hate it, hate it, hate it mad

DeVi| D0do
I hate it too...

...just as well I don't go there often anymore big grin

Freakin' Jedi
It looks very sterile and boring. It sucks in my opinion.

darthbrowneye
i'm not a big fan of change, so therefore, not a big fan of it. thumb down

RealDeadOne
I don't like it, but time will tell if I get used to it.

musashi_sw
I wAnT ThE OlD bAcK!!!

PVS
like the old saying

if it aint broke...dont fix it.

oh well

The Ones
bring the old one back. i hate it and its difficult to navigate through it.

.:Space Opera:.
well im glad you posted this in the EP. 3 forum.

tlbauerle
TFN Sucks my nut

Xam
TFN has gone down....way down!

Ben-Kenobi
I Admire The Hard Work Going, Into The Design Of The New Version And All But For Some Peole Its To Hard To Find Where All The New Stuff Is, I Think They Should Of Made A Simple Layout Like The Last, I Guess its A Warning For Me Not To Go Over Board For My New Star Wars Site.

Darth_Decimator
garbage , plain and simple garbage

Xam
Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbage

The Ones
Everyone sing with me: GARBAGE....GARBAGE....GARBAGE....GARBAGE....GARBAGE....GARBAGE....GARBAGE....GARBAGE....GARBAGE....GARBAGE....GARBAGE....

Cipher
It was due for a change, really. This new look is more organized.

PENGUINER
It SUX big time IMHO.

MornGlory
what is TFN?

jango fatt
Theforce.net

Freakin' Jedi
Torture the people who designed the new look!

Xam
Im getting kinda used to it!

.:Space Opera:.
meh, it was always confusing to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.