green Lantern vs hulk...dey both green :)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ayjay
i rekon green lantern could possibly win this...dat ring of his is very very powerful....he could conjur up some sorta thing-a-bob to throw da hulk into da sun or sumtin

ayjay
oh come on....think about it...its serzzly plausible

Imperial_Samura
I'll go with that. The Green ring thing is one of the most powerful weapons ever, apparently. He could creat a giant green hammer to whack the hulk. Or maybe create another hulk. Or something.

jinzin
I see this fight going either way. Sure GL's has the powers to wrap up this fight and quick but, common we saw what an all out physical assault with brute force can do to a GL (bad things).
This is a pretty even matchup imo.

ayjay
i havent read much green lantern stuff...so i dunno wat an all out physical assault could do....pleez elaborate?

Evangel94
Hulk hands down.

ayjay
umm..you gonna back that up?

mr.smiley
i don't know about this one

jinzin
Well an all out physical assualt for a character at hulk strength level will cause the GL to become entirely defensive, and while GL may be able to make some sort of offensive move, his forcefeild won't hold up to hulk's strngth. Doomsday did this exact thing to an experienced GL and then ripped him limb from limb for his troubles.

JuggernautFan
when did doomsday fight a GL??? how many of them did he fight??

just curious, as i've read it in many different places but have never actually seen it.

jinzin
In doomsday annual Vol.1 First he takes out, a squid-like GL one on one, rips his ring from him (along with his ring tenticle), and then lays the smackdown on the entire (thousands) Corps. If you want I could post pics up this weekend When I get the chance.

Oh yeah he also took down GL in doomsday wars along with the rest of the JLA.

jinzin
But the point is, Hulk hs the sufficient tools to take GL down for the count, but I could see the creativity of a GL ring coming into major play in this fight, I guess it would depend on the bearer.

JuggernautFan
doomsday has his own comic??

i'd like to see pics smile

supremthor
Gl becausd the ring can absorb any type of energy and rays

Havoc470
so it could absorb the gamma energy out of hulk?

dont they get poisoned (not literally poisoned) the more they use the ring?

supremthor
yes

supremthor
to the first ?

Havoc470
i brought up the poisoning thing from what i heard about GL: Rebirth

Evangel94
Hulk's strength is comparable to that of Doomsday's.

Doomday ripped a GL limb from limb.

The angrier Hulk gets the stronger he becomes.

Hulk at one point became so angry he smashed a planet.

Hulk wins.

Havoc470
good point, i didnt know doomsday did that

off topic: great frikkin sig/avatar

norrin radd
i actually think GL could beat hulk. but i think theres already a thread like this.

juggernaut74
All GL has to do is put Hulk in a energy bubble. And the wait for the hulk to try and bust out. When he does the madder he will get and the faster he will dispence his oxygen and die. Its rather simple.

ayjay
o0o dats truu,.....unless hulk bursts out b4 he runs outa oxygen....

Evangel94
Sounds simple doesn't it? Tell me. Who has actually successfully contained THE HULK? Yup, that's right. No one.

I'm sure the thousands of green lanterns that tried to contain doomsday pulled that trick, but look where they all ended up? That's right, They're all dead!

Containing the hulk who's comparative strength is equal to that of superman and doomsday is very flawed plan with zero chance of success.

Molecule man
It's hard to do that but it's possible to contain the Hulk in a force bubble. Depends on the Green Lantern here i bet Graviton, maybe Magneto could do it. The molecule man could do that with ease

Evangel94
Which beckons the question: Have you actually seen it it successfully done to the Hulk? The keyword here is "contain". No one has actually "contained" the Hulk.

Molecule man
Okay you win, but you know that "I" could do it if i wanted to big grin

JuggernautFan
the crimson bands of cyttorak contained hulk wink

galactus could contain hulk

odin could contain hulk wink

hulk has been contained before... he could be again

apocalypse subdued him....

a number of people could...

Evangel94
The bands were broken and hulk ripped out of them. All of of you listed are 'coulds'. Who 'has' done it?

Were refering to Green Lantern level beings that have contained Hulk, not skyfather or cosmic level beings.

emraldguardian
You do realize that it took three days of fighting with Superman for the Hulk to even reach Supermans level of stregth and even after that Bruce Banner had to stop cause if he wouldnt of he would of had a heart attack when he changed back. You also realize that Doomsday is alot stronger than Superman so how are you going to compare the stregth level of these two Character.

jinzin
Do you realize that's one time out of 3 or 4? but to answer your question, ......because this was thousands of years ago before doomsday had evolved in physical combat to a superman level, when hulk and supes first met hulk punched superman directly in the torso and superman just stood there and took it, the SAME EXACT thing happened years later when doomsday first encountered superman,,,,, I think it's more than safe to say DD was substantially weaker all those years ago when he took down the GL and hence his strength at that time was roughly comparable with the hulk, thus the arguement remains valid imo.

JuggernautFan
the bands were broken ONCE. that was for the simple fact that hulk was funneling extra dimensional energy (the war hulk story arch). they have been cast several times and hulks attempts to break free were futile... historically they DID hold hulk.

apocalypse and the crimson bands of cyttorak

but that wasnt the point. galactus COULD without a doubt, and odin COULD without a doubt.

and i was simply answering the question below. also, i'm not talking about skyfathes or cosmic level beings either when i say crimson bands. dr. strange is the one that cast them. apocalypse is also an earth level opponent.

uQifg2WV
Ok this may be alittle off topic, but does anyone else get slightly bothered with ayjays typing. I can't understand what hes saying.

ayjay
heheh yeeh..sorry about da typing....i like to abbreviate words..but hey...thnx for noticing ...i try to stand out...lol...jks

ayjay
o0o..just a question....with the green lanterns....are they all the same power level...or is there a 'stronger' lantern?

crazy
yea it annoys me but it's one of those things that people do online to be "unique", just don't let it annoy u smile

ayjay
hehehe...yes...i will officially be da weird 'unique' writer of KMC..wink...da truth is ....its a habit..i cant help it reaally.....sad...n e wayz..bak toe da topic!...GREEN LANTERN vs HULK

Evangel94
Incorrect. The Crimson Bands of Cyttorak were broken by the Hulk in Incredible Hulk #450 and by Namor in Marvel Team-Up II#8.

jinzin
The green lanten power is augmented by the will power of its' wearer, this is why some people think that a charater like Wolverine gould beat a green lantern, or why if wolverine got a lantern ring he would be neigh unstable.
In the doomsday fight the GL was awerage strengthed which is nothing to take lightly, but his will was broken when he couldn't contain or stop DD, and so was his force sheild.
This is another reason why I would have to assume that Hulk would win, Gladiators' strength is refleective of his confidence which is a bit assosiated with will power and yet Hulk smashed him good.
So IMO hulk would take this fight.

theflyxx
Hulk SMASH man with puny ring......

jinzin
okay i meant *character mot charator
and *unstopable not unstable
lol

baddspellahl4
ajay, I'd appreciate it i fyou didn't talk like an uneducated immbissile. I know and you know that you can speak better english than that. they got onto me about my badd spelling and this isn't any better.

ayjay
baddspellahl4...i assure you i can indeed speak and write with a vocabulary higher than that of an uneducated immbissile....but i just finished school with all its essays and 'good english' so hey...watdahell....its just ezier dis way....plus....its a comic book forum...lord knows we dun hav 2 speak or write like educated pplz....o0o and in reference to the GL vs Hulk....soo...its basically the will of the individual weilding the ring that establishes how powerful they are.....so whatabout ppl like xavier and stuff??...wat id they were to wear the ring?

ayjay
*wat if they were to wear the ring.....

supremthor
people if you had to pick one of the two powers who's powers would you pick? me Gl without a thought reason, power

ayjay
very good question...but this is a battle thread....please post this topic in another thread or create ur own one....i dun wanna sound like a knob...but you know....i kinda want this thread to stay on the topic...ayyt koolies!...btw...i'd go GL wink

baddspellahl4
yep ur right f.uck speaking prawpurly i'd rather speek liek thies aneyway. I wood still goe with greeen lanturn becuz he haz almost limmitles power

ayjay
could lantern create like a 'hulk' of his own?....cos all he would need to do is haver the will power....

JuggernautFan
incredible hulk 450 is the ONE time i was speaking of wink dr stange deduced that hulk was funneling extra dimensional energy because he cast the bands and hulk shattered them like glass...

450 is the start of the whole WAR hulk story arch. thank you for once again proving my point.

i cant comment on namor breaking them, as i know nothing about it.
but i'm sure there were some sort of circumstances that allowed him to do so... there always are.

ayjay
is anyone gonna answer my question sad

baddspellahl4
he could porbably create something more powerful than the hulk. he can actually make a robot from his ring

ayjay
THUS...GREEN LANTERN WINS!

supremthor
HULK CAN SMASH GL.THE ONLY THING GL CAN DO IS CREAT A MILLION HUK SMASHERS,SUCK THE RADITION FROM HULKS BODY,PLACE LIL BOMB LIKE THING IN HULK BOD(THROUGH HULKS MOUTH CUSS HE NEVER SHUTS UP)AND MAKE IT BLOW UP WITH THE FORCEOF A NUKE(LIKE HE DID WHEN HE FOGHT THIS PLANET DESTROYING VILLIAN)THROW HULK INTO SPACE,CREAT A GREEN BETTY FOR HULK AND ETC.THATS ALL GL HAS OVER HULK WHEN HULK HAS HIS STRENGTH.SO AS YOU CAN SEE HULK WINS AND I'M FU*KING STUPID roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue big grin

ayjay
BWUAHAH!!!...supremthor...dat was the best display of sarcasm i ever seen...omg...funny.....

SarKastic_OJ
supremethor: lol....bravo!!!! Gotta love the title of this forum by the way roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ironmanpower
But if GL just take Hulk in a bubble and push him out of earth atmosphere to make him take a big breath of space stick out tongue ?

supremthor
lol

ayjay
the whole launch him into space thing works for me...thus green lantern DOMINATES....and since i havent seen n e HULK fanboys argue otherwise...i must be ryt wink

dark flash
I guess gl could make some"happy juice" and calm him down but it would be hard to not get hulk smashed in the process

ayjay
lolz...happy juice...koo

K3VIL
Hal Jordan VS Savage Hulk.
Hal arrives in the Marvel Universe after a fight into a fortress on a planet into DC Universe, at the end of which he was forced to enter in a portal to save his life.Here he arrives in NY where Hulk is enraged and is going to the Avengers Mansion to smack them.Hal try to stop Hulk with concussive energy blasts, and some constructs like big war maces and big poles, but he sees that the creature heal fast, and now jumps at him at great speeds, Hal protect himself with a force field and repel Hulk that starts to throw cars and pieces of ground at him, finally realizing that this monster is nearly unstoppable, Hal decide to teleport him on the moon with his ring, so after hitting Hulk with a great concussive blast, he create a duplicate of Hulk, that says HULK IS THE REAL HULK!THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE HULK!The duplicate was an illusiong, and behind that there was a portal to the Earth's Moon.Hal leaves here Hulk, that run out of oxygen and die.The Avengers comes on the scene of the fight only to see a stranger with a green ring with a sad expression.
They talk with him that says:
I...I have to do it...he was mad...many peoples were dying...i have no choice, there wasn't time.
Captain America doesn't agree with killing enemies, but knowing what Hulk is capable of, talks to Hal saying:
You've do the only thing you can do, and you have protect the peoples, most important thing
Thor: Maybe know, our commrate have found the peace he searching.
Wasp is crying on Giant Man's shoulder, that is crying too.
Hawkeye says:
Good Bye Green Goliath
Iron Man: A great mind, and a great monster...what a trick of destiny...
In the Avengers Mansion the Earth Greatest Heroes give to the Greatest Green Lantern ever a new costume and then he fly away pronouncing something that sounds like an oath to the Avengers:

In brightest day, in darkest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, BEWARE MY POWER....Green Lantern's Light."

After a travel in space, Hal meets someone that seems familiar to him, a guy called Fast-Forward, that looking at him says HAL!But, I know you?

Hal: What?That colors, the outfit, Barry?Barry Allen?How can that be possible?

To Be Continue...

Napalm
This is retarted hulk would smash hal like a little bug

supremthor
shutup hulk defeating hal.no way in hell.great story K3VIL

vaya_the_elf
I'd go with Green Lantern . Hulk is strong, but Green Lantern has all kinds of powers with his ring.

ayjay
uhuh...i like da story....green lantern all da way....

juggernaut74
GL already defeated Hulk in DC/Marvel Ulimited Access #3 if I remember right. It was a cool fight. GL wrapped Hulk in a chain to try and contain him and the Hulk broke it and GL went flying back and then he made a joke about Hulk being green and then made a huge @ss dinosaur and stomped Hulk into the ground. Hulk has no chance winning this fight.

Tron
Now that's funny.laughing out loud

It WAS Kyle right?

juggernaut74
actually it was Hal. And Savage Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.