Which was better?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Imperial_Samura
Just wondering, in the opinions of all you esteemed horror movie fans, which was better: Dark Water or the Ring? (Japanese versions... or remakes if you wish)

Cinemaddiction
Never found "Dark Water" for rent, and I liked the U.S. version of "The Ring/Ringu".

"Ringu" just wasn't as heavy with the uneasy visuals, and there were some gaping plotholes, and conveniences that didn't sit right with me.

m. myers
i believe american remakes are better because the japanesse version just don't have good sound.

slayer
The Remake of the Ring in English is above average.

PissedOffGoalie
The Ring

Darth_Big_Boy
I haven;t seen Dark Water either but as far as the Ring debate...I liked Ringu over The Ring.

papabeard
The japanese versions are far superior, and they have rubbish sound?, maybe its tyour system thats rubbish man, In Ju-On when the schoolgirls geti it in the house, the sound was incredible.

I would have to say ring(japanese) is better than Dark Water, although dark water is an outstanding film, very disturbing in a different way to ring, and dark water gave me the first nightmare id had since i was about 10!

ironmovies
The jap films r superior in every way
Ringu ROCKS so does the grudge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.