Massive What If...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScarletSpider
What if, for any number of creative and economical reasons, DC and Marvel had merged early one in, back in the QC and Timely days, all our favorite characters have been invented but they all are contained within the same universe. What could this have lead too? How would some characters be different?

For some reason, I'd like to see Batroc as a younger guy, and have him and Nightwing be friendly enemies. I think their skill sets are similar, and would love to see a story with them clashing, like Bruce sends Dick away to some university in France, and he meets up with Monsieur Georges Batroc, fresh out of the Foreign Legion and prodigious master of Savate.

Also, Black Adam and Red Norvell cavorting around on metahuman bar night would be sweet.

Who would they add to the JLA, the Avengers, Thunderbolts, JSA, Invaders?

Havoc470
that would be a pretty cool what if

JLA, Avengers, and X-men would have some real cool things

imagine what Identity Crisis would be like, lol

ScarletSpider
Yeah, and how would it have effected other "big events". Who knows what having Daredevil and/or Moon Knight around would have done to Gotham's No Man Land time period, or War Games. What about the League taking on Onslaught?

Havoc470
yeah, that could be something a-mazing

bendis wants to do a daredevil/batman crossover which i think is actually going to happen now, but they were reluctant to try it out when he first brought up the idea, i think its a great idea and i hope the project does get to happen

pr1983
if done properly, batman/dd would be cool

Havoc470
definitely, i think bendis could do it, jeph loeb was making fun of him in an interview from the latest wizard mag, but who's jeph loeb to talk, he brought back krypto....the super-dog........stupidity

pr1983
i'd have strangled him simply for the dog thing...

im not too well up on bendis, whats he done?

Havoc470
ultimate spiderman, ultimate xmen, powers, avengers disassembled, and a bunch others that dont come to mind at the moment

Magee
Alias lol.

I think thats a realy good what if scenario. I would have loved to seen the JLA go up against Onslaught, Thanos with IG, Galactus, his heralds, The Avengers (regularly) and even the xmen lol. It would be so amazing if Marvel and DC joined to do a maybe short term running comic about this, excellent.

ScarletSpider
Bumpz0rz.

pr1983
oh, thiiiiis thread... right...

i'd like to see batman take down the x-men... i'd like to see how he'd neutralise each of them...

i wanna see supes fight apocalypse...

the ideas are limitless...

we could finally see a proper supes/thor fight too...

ScarletSpider
Yup. If they'd been created together, I'd like to see a smoothing over on the power scale, so no "technically Superman is stronger than Thor because DC operates, etc.". They just go with one uniform scale. DC has a lot of uber heroes, and a lot of street, and Marvel can fill in the gap between as most of their characters are stuck in the middle.

I also like how DC isn't all stationed in one city like Marvel is mostly. Which Marvel heroes would inhabit Metropolis or Gotham, Star, Opal, Coast and Gateway cities? I think having Gotham be a fictional New York district would be cool, right next to Hell's Kitchen so there would be gang tension between the two, and DD and Batman would begrudgingly have to cooperate a lot.

Alpha Centauri
What if Spider-Man became a Herald?

-AC

radioboy121
Spiderman did have cosmic powers for a period of time, so he was almost there.

On the topic, I think a number of the DC characters will eventually be tagged "mutant" too somewhere along the line and won't New York get too crowded with superheroes?

pr1983
i always considered dc's metahumans to be mutants or of equal status...

one power scale would be great, your right scarlet...

and imagine what doom could do with kryptonite...

ScarletSpider
It would, which is why it's nice that DC has their superheroes protect various seperate cities. I'd like the FF to keep their base in New York, but others to spread out. The JLA of course have their satelite. Not sure where I'd like Avengers mansion or the JSA brownstone to go. I think having the T-bolts at Mt. Charteris in Colorado was great, so I'd put them out there. The Teen Titans of course are in San Diego. The Outsiders would function well in Las Vegas or Miami, lots of drug trafficking and stuff.

Would there even be a place for each team? I think the JLA of course have a place, but what about the Avengers? Would they measure up? Putting them in a place as a U.N. taskforce like they kind of were during Geoff Johns run was a good idea, so that might work. The state sanctioned superheroes, not the ones that just built a satelite and thrust themselves upon the world. And how would the memberships be affected? Would Cap have fit in more with the wholesome, stateside JSA and not the Invaders? Would the secretive non-team Defenders rub Supes the wrong way, especially after The Order ordeal?

Alpha Centauri
I've got a "What if Dr. Doom lead the Fantastic Four?" Comic.

Something like that. Might be "What if Dr. Doom became a hero?".

-AC

ScarletSpider
Doom is the man. I have the first What If, "What if Spider-Man joined the Fantastic Four". I also have one later on, Time Quake or something. A Dr. Doom delivered Sue's baby, like he did in the regular reality, but decided to be a nice guy, and palled around with the FF ever since or something like that.

Arachnoidfreak
Oi, Krypto is awesome! What other dog can FLY!?

pr1983
dude you have such a crackin sig i cant tell if your being sarcastic...

crazyspinz
we all know what have went down

galactus would have eaten krypton, supes sent to earth, discovered then sent to Xavior instute because of his powers, and hed be totaly badass, not all boy scouty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.