A Deus Ex Movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McBane
Recently on the net i have noticed sites saying there will be a movie on the game deus ex - Which was absolutly the best game ever.
JCDenton is a kickass cool guy. Does anybody know anything about it as im lost and would really hope to see this film.

Dogbert
Can we have a link to some of these sights?

McBane
soz coz i havnt been signed up here long i cant add links. But i know if you go on movies.com and type deus ex in the search bar it comes up with a link. But its kinda weird coz it says the film was made in 2002 and on the site it also says the movie is due for release 2003/2004. Also on movieinsider.com there is a bit of information when you type deus ex into that search bar. Thats as far as i know but cant find more. Any information would be appreciated and good for a discussion.
gaz

Ushgarak
Actually, I was not over impressed with Deus Ex. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was a bad game, but I didn't see the 'best game ever' qualities to it, nice though the branching plot system was. Great shame the co-op mod for it was never finished though.

However, I am hard pressed to see the virtues of turning it into a film. It didn't have THAT good a plot, it had a good plot considering it was a computer game. That would not necessarily make it a good film.

McBane
The concept of turning a game into a film never really has worked.
There are good game to film conversions, say Resident Evil I & II both not great but extremely enjoyable.
You are right in the fact that Deus Ex maybe doesnt have the best of stories but it still does remain one of the best games i have ever played. The graphics now are in comparison rubbish. But it was the gameplay that really drove the game along. You could choose the play the story how you wished and there was never a wrong way.
Plus the future representation of the world in the game seemed very cool. Not as cool as say Blade Runner ( Great movie AND great game) but how the future in Deus Ex was created seems very real and interactive.
Although the story of Deus Ex may not create a good film i still am very curious to see how this project would pan out.
Also the story of Deus Ex the game may not be the same as the films story maybe. -in fact i can't think of a game to film conversion where the film follows the same story as a game.
I shall gladly eat my words if anyone can think of one.
Gaz

Aku
I can't get past like the 6th level or something, well to be honest i just cheated and got bored. lol sad

McBane
yeah i cheated too but it was still great fun
gaz

Aku
I enjoyed whacking people with that riot stick, that was a laugh. Coz everyone got pissed at you and shot you.

McBane
lol
hahaha
brings back memories
gaz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.