Ten smartest in the MU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krissy Von Doom
In order, I think...

1. Dr Doom (edges out Reed because of his knowledge of the arcane)
2. Reed Richards (Mr Science, although Xavier edges him out in genetics and Stark in robotics, his overall knowledge puts him at No 2)
3. Magneto (in addition to genetics, built a space station hence electronic genius)
4. Ironman (electronic genius, businessman)
5. Xavier (genetics, runs a school)
6. Dr Strange (arcane knowledge plus medicine)
7. Dr Octopus
8. Hank McCoy
9. Hank Pym
10. Peter Parker

Havoc470
thats pretty much my list, not in that order though, pym and mccoy should be higher on the chain imo

Beyonder
You forgot Thanos and Bruce Banner.

Havoc470
indeed

ScarletSpider
T'Challa, Ultron, Fixer, Zemo's pretty smart as well, Due to his powers Forge perhaps.

manjaro
pretty much my list, exept you for got the leader. he is smarter than both reed and doom respectivley. its just becuase of his immaturity, and lack of patience his plans never come to fruition. look it up

Krissy Von Doom
Yep, the Leader & Hulk, I forgot about them

Nathaniel Grey
( My list not including Cosmic beings ).

1. Victor Von Doom
2. Reed Richards
3. Bruce Banner ( Because he understands wtf Reed is saying when he says it. )
4. Hank Pym ( Ditto. )
5. Black Panther ( He's clowned Tony on multiple occasions and crippled the world economically as well as supplied the Avengers with a greater deal of technology. )
6. Tony Stark ( Pulls in second to T'Challa because he's been tricked...and lost parts of his company to BP in a a coup. )
7. Beast
8. Magneto
9. Xavier
10. Dr. Michael Achebe's puppet. ( Because he's smarter than us all...)

Wynndar
Leader is up there but he doesnt top Richards or Doom..dont forget Modok, Mad Thinker, The Wizard, Mr Sinister, Apocalypse, Kang the Conquerer/Immortus, Mad Man, Kristoff, some other people im sure im forgetting

eleveninches
Smartest mortal terran humanoids :

1. Victor Von Doom
2.Reed Richards
3.Red Skull
4.Doc Strange
5.Tony Stark
6.Black Panther
7.FOrge
8.Magneto
9.Namor
10.Xavier

emraldguardian
Well I would say Galactus is over all the smartest if he is counted in this since he has been around since the creation of the Universe.

Linkalicious
are Beast and Magneto actually smarter than...say....Apocalypse?

Wynndar
no...honestly beast and magneto would not be mentioned if i had to make a top 20 on Earth...If one considers all of Marvel's characters on Earth, outside the X-men, they can easily find more intelligent characters... a more extenisive list than the rest needs to be made

my list: (could revise later)

Dr. Doom
Reed Richards
Kang/Immortus/Rama Tut
The Leader
Agamemnon
Nathaniel Richards
The Sphinx
Apocalypse
Maximus
Kristoff (possesses knowledge and memories of Dr Doom)
Modok
Quasimodo
The Mad Thinker
Mr Sinister
Mad Man
The Wizard
Doctor Bong
Doctor Octopus
Hank Pym
Bruce Banner/Professor Hulk
Dr Walter Langkowski (Sasquatch)
Black Panther
Tony Stark

Some of these characters are not human, or not human anymore...but they r all on Earth...This is only a list of earthly characters, I could easily think of 15 other unearthly non-cosmics who I would place on here. I would have placed The High Evolutionary near the top of this list but he is no longer really an Earthly character.

GreatMuta
Why does Dr Dooms Knowledge of arcane magic allow him to edge out Reed Richards. Are we talking smarts as in book smart or what?
Reed has already proven smarter than Doom ( he told him of his mistake that would later cost him his scarred face) Doom ego will never allow him to grow. Reed also taught himself magic (with Dr stranges help) in no time. And beat Doom later in the story! Reed in my opinion is Top Dog in the brains dept.

Wynndar
yea but Doom was the first to create a time machine...although both Richards and Doom have presently mastered time travel more than any marvel characters with the exception of Immortus...Doom was also able to cure Sharon Ventura of her She-Thing mutation, and heal Storm after she was critically burned by the human torch...he was also able to summon the Beyonder, and even travel to the dimension of the beyonders...Doom has it in my opinion, its his personality traits that cause him to lose to Reed, and the fact that good will always conquer evil in the end.

Krissy Von Doom
Reed edges out Doom in overall scientific knowledge, but that edge is quite small. Until Reed becomes second in line as sorcerer supreme, Doom edges him out in magic. Doom runs a country, hence has knowledge of how to govern a country (economics, international relations, etc...). Reed's ability to beat Doom doesn't show that he knows more, it only means he's a better strategist... and it's comics so the good guy always wins.

HarmonicFlo88
Smartest does not mean knowledgeable. knowing things never makes you smart, it makes you knowledgeable. a man with an IQ of 115 can study his whole life and know far more than tha actual smarter person. you can be a genius, however if you were not given the input to put that genius to use...are you considered an idiot? Obviously not. but tha goal of this thread is still functional.

So who do i think is tha smartest? well i would have to say that characters who show intelligence through their plannings and responses would truly be tha smartest. its hard to be sure of this but i would definitely put Magneto and Charles Xavier up top. Dr. Doom, Apocalypse, Onslaught, etc

Wynndar
magneto and xavier? please explain...I think you might have a one dimensional view of things...the top 15 characters in my list know more information than either xavier or magneto...with the exception of the Doom and Richards, they also have artificially, or genetically enhanced ingenuity, comprehension, intuition, deduction, etc. Immortus is a Richards but he is basically off the scales and incalculable in intelligence, I really should have made him number one...he has the brain and ingenuity of both Doom and Reed but he has gathered knowledge for almost 100 centuries, dwarfing the lifespan of Apocalypse and he has been given knowledge by fundamental cosmic beings...Magneto and Xavier? not even close...they may be good strategists but they have not demonstrated the intelligence of anyone but the lowest guys on my list.

HarmonicFlo88
"the top 15 characters in my list know more information than either xavier or magneto..."

But we're not talking about knowledgeable characters are we? heh i duno maybe we are. knowledge is just knowing something, like how tha word wise does not mean intelligence but a source of information. with more intelligence one can use knowledge in increasing efficiency.

Xavier is damn smart to form a group such as tha X-men and also run a school, and not to mention all his other achievements. actions show real intelligence...again, not knowledge because that is NOT intelligence. knowledge is just memory - that is it. and everyone knows magneto is a genius. i shouldn't explain that. also, i should have added mr. sinister for using his knowledge with intelligence to create characters like Cable/Nate Grey. hes had excellent plans that suggest he's a genius.

Krissy Von Doom
This is just my opinion but I would consider being "smart" on this list as a combination of three things:
1. Book knowledge, memory and information
2. Knowing how to efficiently use said knowledge (intelligence really)
3. Strategy

Thus, lets say, Rain Man would excel in 1 but fail in 2 and 3 making him not that smart. Now if we compare, say Dr Doom to Magneto
1. Knowledge goes to Dr Doom because he knows more than Magneto with the possible exception of genetics; in the other sciences Doom dwards Mags
2. Both are adept at using the knowledge that they have; Doom in creating doombots, a time machine and various contraptions; Mags in building Asteroid M.
3. Both are excellent strategists, usually coming within a hairs-breadth of beating their arch-nemesis'. Doom fares better because he's able to employ plans that take down beings on a higher level (Surfer, Watcher, Beyonder)

Who's "smarter"? According to the above, Doom would be classified as smarter because he outclasses Mags in 1 & 3. I'm giving Mags the benefit of the doubt and saying he uses his knowledge and resources as wel as Doom does.

Wynndar
Mags is smart...a genius...but still, do u understand how my top 15 guys operate? Do u know who they are? Reed Richards and Doom go without saying...believe me, they know much more about genetics than Magneto. Magneto may have created some genetic freaks in his day, but Doom and Richards really dont have anything to gain by making genetic grotesques. Reed and Doom deal with much more complicated stuff on a regular basis...

By the way, Maximus has done ten fold of what Magneto and Sinister have done with genetics. His people (the Inhumans) have been doing genetic engineering for tens of thousands of years. Alas, lots of people dont know who Maximus is.

The Leader: do I really have to explain why the leader is smarter than Magneto and Xavier?...just look at his head, not only does he have greater knowledge than those two, but he has superhuman intellect and calculating abilities, he has a super evolved brain, Its like comparing our brains to a chimp's brain.

Agamemnon: A Diety like being, thousands of years old, leader of the Pantheon, he has god-like consciousness...again, easily more intelligent than Mags and Xavier

Nathaniel Richards: Father of Reed Richards, Immortus, and has hinted that Doom is also one of his descendants. A complete master of time travel, moreso than Apocalypse, he barely even appears in our time anymore, but he has demonstrated greater skill in time/interdimensional travel than Doom or Richards...while Doom was prisoner of Hyperstorm, Nathaniel was crashing at Castle Doom for some odd reason.

Immortus: Im not even going to go through this explanation...but he is easily smarter than Mags and Xavier...before the time keepers practically made him omnicient, he had already lived through some 80 Millennia. http://marveldirectory.com/individuals/i/immortus.htm

The Sphinx: Originally one of the priests of Pharaoh, defeated by Moses...eventually granted Immortallity...eventually absorbed the sum knowledge of Xandar's planet sized computer! (this guy is smarter than magneto)...oh, and he went one on one with GALACTUS!

Apocalypse: Five thousand years old and still tinkering with Celestial tech...by no means as smart as the previous guys but definitely on the high end of the intellectual food chain on Earth.

Kristoff: Possesses the sum knowledge of Doctor Doom from back in Fantastic Four issue two hundred or something...although he is only a kid, he has demonstrated he is vastly more intelligent than anyone below Richards like intelligence. He has also proved he could quickly interpret a plan of the Watcher (the watcher is smarter than magneto and so is this guy) and decipher, manipulate, and assemble, Watcher technology without prep time...he is actually probably smarter than Apocalypse.

Modok: An artificially mutated human turned into a super computer...possesses super human intellect (beyond genious)...created by AIM, later was the leader of AIM....MODOK: mental organization designed only for killing)

Quasimodo: Artificial being created by the Mad Thinker, has a link with Xandar's planet sized computer...

Mad Thinker: Basically dominates over almost anyone but the leader and the Richards in terms of calculating and "intelligence"...I wont explain him unless someone asks me to...but he is smarter than Magneto and Xavier

Is anyone getting my point?....I know these guys weren't on the X-Men cartoon, so some people probably didnt know how they were in an entirely different category of intelligence than Magneto and Xavier

Krissy Von Doom
I believe Mr Fantastic actually defers to Xavier on the subject of genetics and mutation.

Wynndar
then we will have to agree to disagree wink

GreatMuta
I like this topic!

With the Doom and Richards thing. I'm sure that Doom did make a time machine first but why couldn't Reed have already known but not made a machine himself? Reed has "almost always" out smarted Doom or procured his technologies and re modified it himself to suit his own needs. Doom runs his country so well because.....It's His country ..a one man show. His word his rule end of story i personally don't think that adds to his intelligence....look at Bush (sorry to all republicans if i offended) anyway I agree with alot of what all the above posters have said. But to me Reed has made it a habit of correcting Dooms one dimensional thinking, even when they were in school.

As a whole lot of people "specialize" in there respective fields.
Matt Murdoch=law
Leader, Hulk= Gamma Radiation
Magneto, Xavier =Genetics,Mutations
Reed, Doom = little bit of everything

But as general knowledge in a broad spectrum ( i know i'm stretching) Doom and Reed are earth's most brilliant.....with Reed arguably at the top.

Think about this: if Reed Richards has total control of his body on a molecular level....what makes us think he cannot expand his brain or the parts that reflect memory. He has already done so with optical nerves and his senses. Just something to think about.

stellarX
any female smarties in the mu?
sue storm from ultimate's pretty smart
sage is a living computer...dunno if she's anything compared to the guys that've already been listed.

Krissy Von Doom
Reed always beats Doom because he knows how his personality and how his mind works, whether Reed is more intelligent is a debatable point. It's probably comparable to saying Adam Warlock is more intelligent than Thanos... it's clear that Thanos is the wiser of the two but always gets beaten by Warlock because he knows the Titan's weaknesses.

manjaro
Sage is absolutley brillaint but hers doesnt come from years of practice and experience. as ive posted in another thread,.her glasses emit a holographic laptop that allows her to infiltrate any info stored on any computer anywhere. sometimes she have been shown to watch the news from all over the world on however many tv channels she chooses.

also they have been shown to project images of blueprints, building schematics, ion trails, psionic residue,heat trails, discern the strengths and weaknesses of objects and people, and lastly, switch into different modes of the electromagnetic spectrum.(infared, x-ray, ultraviolet, etc.). Also, theyve have been shown to have a wireless connection to the internet.

Basically, these glasses are a giant data base that is able to cross reference info on any subject one could possibly imagine( I mean literally any subject). That, coupled with her innate mutant abilities to store and analyze data like a living computer puts her on equal footing with any "conventional" smart guy w/out the years of studying.

Most importantly, she continually inputs new info on her "holo"laptop so that her database can grow increasingly. so given enough time im sure she would be able to be just as expert in any given field as Reed or Doom. especially since she has total recall and can access and collate any available data. but as for the smartest in marvel, no matter what your list looks like, the 1,2,3 punch is still Reed, Doom And the Leader.

The reason i would want to give the number one spot to the leader is becuase even tough they're all smart unlike Reed, and Vic he's got total recall and flawless logic. but its only becuase he's so damn obsessed with the hulk, and doesnt put his mind to anything other than subdoing or destroying hulk why he seems so third rate, plus his notorious impatience, and immaturity. so for that i would put him at #3 and rate everybody else in MU accordingly after that.

Wynndar
yea on paper the Leader should be smarter...but he is in no way on par with the time travel of Immortus, Reed Nathaniel or Doom...and even Galactus admitted that Richards was a "force of nature" at his Shi'Ar trial

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.