Magneto most powerful on earth?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Yes, that is what marvel's bios stated. Calling the Master of Magnetism "argubly the most powerful being on earth". Your opinion guys.

Havoc470
i dont think he is, he's one powerful character but i dont agree with him being the most powerful on marvel earth, marvel.com isnt really good with statistics, i usually result to it in battle threads but only when other people argue with other info sites

Krissy Von Doom
He's one of the most powerful mutants. In a way, that, I suppose, if he wanted to tip Earth from its axis, he'd cause natural disasters on a global scale.

Havoc470
yeah, that definitely makes him powerful against humans, but thats not the majority of marvel earth

norrin radd
magneto is one of the most powerful mutants, but not the most powerful. altough he could be explored to become the most powerful mutant on earth.

Havoc470
most powerful mutant, maybe....most powerful in general, i dont think so

Nataku8188
Name someone who is more powerful, ON EARTH. (Pheonix is cosmic, she doesn't count)

Hulk. Cable. Franklin Richards.

Pretty much only godly characters.

Darth Jello
Hulk, Cable, Franklin Richards, Sienna Blaze, Typhoid (potentially), Stryfe, Xorn (the real one), Sublime, Masked Maurader/Exterminator, Beast of Revalations (leader of the Hand), Goblyn Queen, Mutant Alpha, Polaris (potentially), Havok.

Havoc470
the sentry

Maestro
molecule man

norrin radd

Eidolon
I don't know if Magneto is the most powerful earth born bein on earth, though I can't come up with anyone who I don't think Magneto couldn't in some way beat at the moment besides Nate.

If you really think about how much magnitism or magnetic related stuff goes into how the world work I can see the case being made for Magneto being the most powerful earth being on planet. All kinda depends on his magnetic control, how good is he really, what's his limitaions. The answers depends on what comic storyline your reading, Ulitimate Magneto (Ulitimate series) seems pertty d*mn strong in my opinion.

gls
what bout apocalypse?

Magee
I think Magneto is "potentialy" one of the most powerful people on earth. There are a few who can rival/beat him. However he may be one of the most powerful on earth but he was killed by Wolverine so.... Its realy hard to say.

GreatMuta
I agree with those who can at least appreciate Magneto's potential. Magneto has such a broad spectrum of powers not just Magnetism. Yes on a global scale he can cause seriuos havoc (much like Moses Magnum could with his gravity powers). Most powerful mutant....well arguably he could be! Most powerful on earth....only time, and the writers can tell!

http://www.catererlicensee.demon.co.uk/battlecharger/image/magneto.gif http://hometown.aol.com/comicdeity/Magneto.gif

JuggernautFan
juggernaut... although this might not count as his powers didnt come from "earth"...

apocalypse i believe to be more powerful...

franklin richards...

dr. doom...

Thor (not from earth, but spends alot of time here)

hulk

i believe anybody above COULD and WOULD beat magneto.

K3VIL
Moses Magnum manipulate the earth at molecular level and his linked to earth in some way but he don't possess gravity powers

GreatMuta
K3VIL yes, you are correct!! I was actually thinking about Graviton good call ......and i owe you a beer beer

Krissy Von Doom
Well, if the most powerful mortal beings on earth had to destroy the earth, who do you think would be able to accomplish it the fastest, without having to fight heroes? I think Mags would finish it the quickest.

talon00x
Juggernaut has the most raw power(but like jug fan said his power is not of this planet or universe). As far as power "power" thats a tuff call prof. x son legion was powerful with his different personalities.
Apocalypse is of course one of the most powerful beings granted his vast knowledge on technology. (That also includes Dr.Doom)
Mags daughter is also very powerful.

clickclick
How do you figure that Juggs has the most raw power?

The person with the most potential on earth is Franklin Richards by far.

Magneto is up there and IMO his powers are better than Juggs.

Havoc470
magneto is a powerful character, but i dont agree with him being the most powerful on earth

Capt_Fantastic
Magneto is among the top three or four most powerful mutants. This is a fact. These four mutants are Mags, Prof. X, Franklin Richards, Storm.

Let's not forget that Magneto controls a force of nature, much like Storm. And while Prof. X and Jean Grey could beat him using their ESP type powers, any one else would be hard pressed to beat him. That includes Apocolypse. Apocolypse isn't as powerful as most people think, just older and more experienced. And juggernaut may be strong, but in a battle with Magneto, his strength would hardly matter.

So, to answer the question, yes. Magneto is one of the most powerful people on the planet. He might even be able to hold up against some cosmic beings, but that's a totally different type of power...less based on the reality of the X-Men world.

And whom ever it was that said that the Hulk was a challenge for Magneto is ill informed.

Havoc470
i definitely think he's ONE of the most powerful MUTANTS on earth, but not THE most powerful

and do you have any proof of magneto fighting hulk and not considering it a challenge?

Wynndar
Magneto and Hulk are both far too powerful and resourceful to say one would beat the other in a fight...its not an easy call and could go either way...regardless, the tribunal and the beyonder have both aknowleged the power of the Hulk: "a threat to the universe" and "infinite"...this is not the same for Magneto who is a very powerful character, but still finite in power.

-Franklin Richards
-Invisible Woman
-Magneto
-Hulk
-X-man
-Cable
-Sentry
-Molecule Man
-Apocalypse
-Blackbolt
-Professor X
-Thor

All these people are really powerful Earthlings, placed in no particular order...Magneto is in the mix, but certainly not the top in the food chain.

Havoc470
i agree, thats a great list

njcowgirl3
what about flame(she is sort of a NEW super hero). She is a princess too!

Havoc470
whats her power, and i mean is she basically like human torch or what?

Darth Jello
sienna blaze would probably top all of them. any use of her powers (tearing apart electromagentic fields, creating gigantic shockwaves) can technically destroy the earth in an instant.

Adam_PoE
Magneto is arguably the most powerful being on Earth.

Magneto could manipulate the magnetic axis of the Earth with respect to the rotational axis of the Earth, thereby overcoming the effects of gravity and throwing everything on the face of the planet into space.

clickclick
And franklin Richards is still by far the most powerful (potentially) as he will at the least be equal to a celestial though I think he will surpass even them.

Havoc470
Wynndar's list i think is the best roster on powerful characters

Wynndar
thanks guys...there r a lot more people, like blaze, who do possess great destructive power...but being able to create like Richards places him on an entire different level...Magneto being able to manipulate the magnetic filed of the planet is relatively puny compared to Franklin and Molecule man...Magneto's power is actually a joke compared to these two...Franklin created an entire universe, his power can easily destroy a planet-solar system-or galaxy if it were unleashed, he has drawn the attention on Galactus twice, Eternity twice, Infinity, Abraxis, the dreaming celestial, the celestials, and plenty of other cosmics that would consider Magneto a flea...when molecule man was leaving the beyonder's planet he was learning to use his powers to create and ignite stars and then whole star systems...can people compare this to magneto's ability to perhaps spin one planet? ur kidding right? I think i will eventually update my list though...apparently johnny storm might belong on here too.

talon00x
Franklin richards doesnt have more physical strength than juggernaut he has the normal strength of a person his age height and weight

raw power = Physical power yes

Wynndar
Franklin Richards could think Juggernaut out of existence...Juggernaut only has the physical power endowed to him by Cytorrak...Franklin's power is a threat to the Celestials and compared to Celestials, Cytorrak is a joke,not even a skyfather, Juggernaut is Cytorrak's servant and possesses only a fraction of his power. Franklin could endow himself with inconcievable physical power if he wanted, Juggernaut isnt even one of the five most physically strong characters on Earth...Its clear that u r a serious fanboy, come back with some facts and dont insult us with talk of Juggernaut.

Franklin>Celestial>Odin>Cytorrak>Juggernaut>Fanboy

clickclick
Raw power is not simply strength, strength is only one aspect of power. There are far more impressive and grandeur examples of power than strength. That and if you just want to get into strength I have no doubt that Franklin Richards could endow himself with immense physical strength (more than juggs) and grant himself an indesctruble body. Or he could just rub Juggernaut out of existence with nothing more than a mere thought.

talon00x
I dont fully understand his powers but this is what marvel says :rolleyes

Strength Level: Franklin Richards possesses the normal human strength of a boy of his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/r/richardsfranklin.htm

and second i dont know what your problem is i simply gave my own opinion. This is what this place is all about, besides you sound like what 10 years old grow up junior beer smokin' sick

talon00x
thank you click you also need to read my post. smokin'

talon00x
Prof x son legion also i will say is more powerful on a certain degre than franklin richards. One of his powers he can go back in time what greater power is there than to kill your oponent before he even has power or better yet kill his mother before she goes and gets her powers?

clickclick
Unfortunately I already have. You bias is getting in the way of making the right choice. Im well aware that you are entitled to your opinion but this is like picking spiderman over galactus.

Raw power, Potential is NOT limited to physical strength. Secondly I have no doubt that Franklin could weaken juggs, strengthen himself etc.

TWO vastly different levels of power. Franklin Richards (full potential) is basically at the highest end of the spectrum among cosmic beings where as Juggs is close to the top around earth beings.

Even as a little kid Franklin Richards was a bigger threat to the earth then juggs has ever been.

clickclick
Legion does not exist anymore and though powerful he isnt more powerful than Franklin. Plus, franklin has the ability to alter time and reality, meaning he could do the exact same thing. In the time it would take legion to travel back in time, Franklin could already create a reality in which legion never existed.

talon00x
I knew he had mind powers and i knew he could make realities but i know that juggernauts powers where not of this univers so i think i heard that he would not be under the same rules as of the people of that universe.
Much like molecule man could turn juggeranut into a puddle well he cant because molecule man can alter this reality but juggs is from another. Thats what i heared so i kinda put it together let me know what you think

clickclick
Juggs power is not from earth but its just cytoraks power. Juggernaut is strong and invenurable but the scale of his power is not that great. Not when compared to somebody like franklin who is so high up on the cosmic scale that he is at the least equal to the celestials.

It wouldnt even be a fight, it would be more similar to LT vs somebody without the heart of the universe.

The only one whos poweres were beyond the multiverse was early beyonder.

Wynndar
Molecule Man can turn Jugs into a puddle...the source of his power is even outside that of the Tribunal, his power comes from the Beyonders who were reated outside of the multiverse by The One Above All. I dont care what marveldirectory.com has to say about Franklin, its antiquated old information that some guy copied from the old marvel handbook in 1986...its not officially from Marvel or a recent writer...Franklin's and Molecule Man's power is on a different level and truly infinite...Jugs is not infinite, his power comes from a being who is only marginally more powerful than Thor hahaha...Im not ten years old, Im 22 years old...were u trying to insult me?...I was just telling u the facts...like clickclick said, ur bias is getting in the way.

Bardock42
Yep I go for molecule man he is godlike, second most powerful under doom (in secret wars at least)

Havoc470
if you read juggies history, you would know its definitely not the history of a powerful character, and with his power fading it wont be long till he's just another sasquatch or someone along those lines...unless someone makes some rediculous story arc where he's completely re-vamped

K3VIL
Graviton is more powerful than Magneto.

Wynndar
yea...i agree about graviton....and considering it took Juggernaut 10 years to get out of the cave that collapsed on him after his original transformation.

talon00x
Molecule Man couldn't do anything to the Juggernaut physically,but that's about the extent of things he couldn't do.

This is all wrong.

Wynndar
Juggernaut's power comes from Cytorrak who exists in another dimension but still within the multiverse under the jurisdiction of the Tribunal...Molecules power exists even outside of the Tribunal's considering his power comes from the Beyonders.

talon00x
The Molecule Man's power isn't infinite or beyond the Living Tribunal's, Cyttorak is more than marginally above Thor,

Think about it juggernaut when weakened be down thor, Juggernaut like you said is a fraction of cyttoraks power so how would cyttorak being a little stronger than thor your logic doesnt make any since please elaborate

and im not bias, I know there are more powerful people than juggeranut, I was not aware of any on earth though, as far as i know juggernauts would not be affected by molecule man because juggeranuts magic would prevent it from happing. Somewhat like when Prof x tried to bring juggernaut to the astral plane but instead pulled prof x to him.

Do you read juggernaut comics? im not trying to be mean or insult your intelegence but have you?

clickclick
Didnt juggs somehow beat cytorak?

Anyway, MM wouldnt need to beat on him to beat him if you know what I mean.

K3VIL
Cyttorak is deity with spectacular magical power, that can probably be on the same level of the Odin's Power and Zeus Power, so is someone that Classic Thor, the Thor without Odin's power and without those orrible beard with mustache, could put in troubles only with his GodForce Blast probably or anyway give him a run for his money, but i doubt that he can defeat him without help.

Back in topic, we were talking about human beings with great powers.
Magneto is mutant, so in an earth inhabitant and he can be put in the list.
Molecule Man possess external power source so he can't be in the list i think.Anyway Graviton, that is actually dead possess powers more above that of Magneto, he can easy kill him without effort.
Graviton during the last THUNDERBOLTS issues try to make the surface of the earth identical to his face, but he was stopped by the T-Bolts, Magneto can manipulate the earth poles and invert them, but he cannot manipulate the ENTIRE earth surface, gravity is everywhere, Graviton can affect anything with his powers, and he can enhance the density of his body to grant himself unbelievable resistance to injuries, and even if he cannot manipulate the energies along the electromagnetic spectrum, he can create powerful force fields and force bolts that are over the level of Magneto, i mean, Graviton can produce sufficient force to hold down Thor, in his first encounter with the Avengers.
And from Marvel Directory some details about his powers:

He can also erect a gravitational force-field of similar proportions. (Graviton can perform as many as four separate tasks simultaneously. (He has not only lifted a 4 mile wide land mass as high as cloud level, but he has also surrounded himself with a force-field, gravitically held most of the Avengers against a slab of rock, and projected force-bolts at Thor all at the same time.) Graviton can use his power at maximum capacity for up to eight hours before mental fatigue significantly impairs his performance, and considerably longer (up to eighteen hours) if he conserves his energy during that time.

But this files are old compared to the feats of gravity control Graviton shows in his last battle with the T-Bolts.He was going to change the form of Earth continents, causing a worldwide proportion disaster, in the files from marvel directory we can check what he can do in his first days as a supercriminal.And during his last fight with T-Bolts he was more powerful than ever
Magneto magnetic powers grant himself to fly for examples, Graviton can decide if magneto can fly or not, and can put him down and then throw him a mountain.Graviton is more god-like of Magneto, but get defeated cause affected by his god complex he underrate his enemies and get outsmarted.If the writers make him as smart as Reed Richards he would own almost any hero.

Krissy Von Doom
How is molecule man this powerful, isn't he only part of a cosmic cube?

clickclick
Yes MM isnt even like KUBIK or The Shaper of Worlds.

But still though think about it early beyonder had incredible power and for beign an incomplete cube that probably doesnt make sense.

Scarpa
He's not the most powerful that prize goes to Apacolyps

Scarpa
Correction Its Juggernaut

Wynndar
u should read the rest of the thread, we r talking about people far more powerful than Apocalypse and Juggernaut.

I agree about Graviton, I have been much more impressed with him than Magneto. Even when Graviton performs incredible displays of power he does it casually and without strain, where Magneto would be fully exerting himself.

About Molecule Man, I still consider him an Earthling, even though his power came from the same rift that created the Beyonder and was meant to create a cosmic cube. External or not, he is one of the most powerful humans ever. By that same reasoning you could say Juggernaut doesnt count because his power is external...so is Apocalypse (Celestials). Unlike those two, Molecule Man IS power; not only was he endowed with that cosmic energy, but he became energy. There was a period when he and the Beyonder merged; he couldnt just give his power to the Beyonder and make him complete, his entire psyche and being merged with the Beyonder, because he was that power.

About Juggernaut, Yes I have read almost every comic with the Juggernaut in it...I assume that was what u were asking since he doesnt have a comic book...and it looks like in a couple months he will no longer be an X-men. I own almost all of his classic appearances, Im aware of the nature of his power. Of course Xavier's power was no match for Cain's when he tried to draw him into the astral plane, Xavier's power is earthly and mutant in nature...most people with powers that rely on earthly physics and principles have zero effect on Cain. With his powers coming from Cyttorak, and a different dimension, he kinda operates outside of the Earthly characters. Now this is the part i dont think you understand: u get it how Juggernaut's powers originate from outside of our universe? Well Molecule Man's powers originate from a much more remote source, outside of our universe, even outside of the Multiverse that is guarded by the Tribunal. I certainly dont mean that Molecule Man is more powerful than the Tribunal haha...but I just want u to understand that his powers r more remote than Xaviers, Juggernaut's, and even Cyttorak's. His power originated from the Beyonders, a race of beings who there is no equal to in the Marvel Universe...they exist in a Universe with no light, and were created by The One Above All, before the Multiverse and the Tribunal. So u see Molecule Man's power cannot really be compared to Xavier's...you should also see how Mystically powered opponents have done against molecule man, the beyonder, kubik, and the Shaper of Worlds (Any of them could certainly crush Cyttorak)

talon00x
Wait wait wait did you just say that apocalypse power was from celestials?

Apocalypse is the first mutant his powers dont come from celestials

talon00x
I didnt say they couldnot crush him. I said he was much more powerful than thor.

Wynndar
...yes he was the first mutant...but he was not originally anywhere near as intelligent or powerful as he is now...Ship increased his powers and many of his techniques are of Celestial design.

Adam_PoE
Molecule Man has the unlimited ability to arrange the available molecules of non-living things. Magneto could potentially neutralize the powers of Molecule Man by manipulating the magnetic fields between protons and electrons and preventing him from arranging molecules.

Havoc470
i think youre getting a little too scientific, they're comic book characters

Wynndar
that was the definition of Molecule Man's powers back when he first appeared in fanatstic four in like 1963...since then he has increased exponentially...he has complete control of anything...including mystical and organic matter...When a blast from Kubik turned Molecule Man's girlfriend Volcana into a hot puddle of Organic Goo, Molecule Man was easily able to reform her organic body down to every cell, protien, and atom...and have her psyche and spirit intact.

Adam_PoE
Graviton has the ability to manipulate gravitons granting him limited control over gravity.

According to the laws of physics, gravity is the weakest force. An ordinary refrigerator magnet can gererate enough force to lift a mass against the force of gravity generated by the entire planet.

This means that no matter how powerful his control over gravity, Magneto still controls the more powerful force.

Adam_PoE
His degree of control over molecules is irrelevant if Magneto can simply manipulate the magnetic field between molecules, thereby preventing him from exerting control over them.

K3VIL
Graviton doesn't possess limited control over gravity, in his last appereance he was a master in the use of that, he was able to kill a woman in Australia when he was in U.S.A. lifting a small stone and throwing hit to her at the speed of a bullet.He can sense the presence of almost anything in contact with the gravitational force.
Magneto powerful than him?You're acting like a fanboy.Yes Magneto can manipulate the magnetic field between molecules but the gravity power is something that he cannot simulate in no way with his powers, he can slightly use gravity but on a low weak level.
Graviton can simply put Magneto down, than enhance the gravity around his body and kill him just blinking an eye, Graviton can make Magneto's helmet collaps on himself and Magneto would die.
According to physics the gravity is the dominant force of the universe, Graviton mastery over gravity depends on mental fatigue and on his concentration, so Magneto will never be nearly powerful as Graviton was.

Wynndar
i dont know...i think Magneto is more powerful...remeber the cartoon? he was like...way stronger than cyclops...

hehehe

Wynndar
I think u wholy missed the point...Molecule man controls molecules...he controls energy...he controls the Electromagnetic spectrum at an exponentially higher level than Magneto...basically he controls reality itself...against molecule man, magneto is simply fodder.

V. Magnuson
Magneto is one powerful mutha, but there are many charcters that could not only match his power but beat the snot out of his a@@!

Here are a few:
Graviton-can control gravity on himself and other objects
Thor-what do have to say
Molecule Man-this is who I think is the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe
Doctor Doom-His genius would prove to be to much for Magnus
Professor X-Is it wasn't for thier past friendship and Charles pussy attitude he would win.

there are many more, but those are the ones who pop up first in my mind.

Havoc470
not to mention the sentry's ability to control light, adding to that power is superman-like powers and his body being a step ahead in time than any other body on earth

Havoc470
While the full extent of the Sentry's solar-based abilities is unknown, he has demonstrated super-strength, invulnerability, super-speed, the power of flight and the capacity to control light. The Sentry's abilities derive from an experimental serum that creates a phase-shift in his molecules, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current timeline. The serum induces a photosynthetic reaction, resulting in a hyperstate of consciousness. In effect, the Sentry's powers are limitless.

talon00x
One Above All is The Living Tribunal. The top dog. Molecule Man would not be able to kill/defeat Juggernaut. He would only be able to use his molecule powers on the things around juggy. Molecule Man's powers are not beyond any type of God/s. His powers were created by a lab accident. So his powers being beyond the living Tribunal is rediculous. It would be like saying the Hulks power is beyond the living Tribunal.I think you are saying this is because. The moment MM gained his powers he accidently opened a pinhole to the Beyonder realm. Which is all explained in the Secret Wars II Mini-Series. I'm almost positive The Living Tribunal is more powerful than the beyonder(both of their power ARE infinite. The living Tribunal doesn't want anything to do with beyonder because that's not his style. It doesn't mean The Living Tribunal is conceding defeat.

clickclick
The one above all is just that, the one above all.. Its not LT

Adam_PoE
K3VIL>

Graviton has the ability to manipulate gravitons, the elementary particles that transmit the force of gravity in most quantum gravity systems. This gives him limited control over gravity, not total control over gravity.

I am curious as to the scientific source of this statement:

"According to physics the gravity is the dominant force of the universe..."

According to quantum physics, the forces from weakest to strongest are as follows:

Gravity > Magnetism > Weak Nuclear Force > Strong Nuclear Force

Gravity is the weakest force, but has the largest range. Magnetism is a long-ranged force that is relatively strong, and therefore affects almost all phenomena from radio waves and lasers, to the structure of atoms.

Which brings me to my next point. By manipulating the magnetic fields between protons and electrons, Magneto can stabilize the structure of molecules, thereby preventing Molecule Man from exercising his ability to arrange molecules, no matter how great.

Wynndar
molecule man is no longer defined as having control of molecules....he has control of reality basically....which includes the same EM powers of magneto...who has limited control of the EM himself...magneto would easily be overwhelmed by someone so powerful that they can create an entire star system in moments.

Wynndar
Did u read my post, or just not understand it?...TOAA is not the LT...LT is the servent of TOAA...I did not say Molecule Man could defeat the Tribunal...I said his powers originate in a place outside of the Tribunal's jurisdiction. Read my post...try to understand it...then u may understand Molecule Man can easily defeat Jugs or his provider Cyttorak.

IRTMU-Dragon
Well, I dont know if someone has posted this already but...
Ive had many arguements over the fact that because Magneto controls metal, the number one thing our cities are made out of and almost every item has traces of in it... (Our bodies have iron, our food and cereals and snacks and even dinners and meals have iron counts ETC) He is close to a villain that can litterily, control the world. Theoretically, he can manuevar the earths magnetic poles even, causing more than turmoil. Lets not forget he can control eltro-magnetic waves, also.

So, juding that he has complete control over any trace of metal on this planet, he is easily argueably, the strongest marvel character... even The Hulk, who so many says is invincible, could be taken over by Magneto, if they went by the fact all living creatures have traces of iron in there blood.

Wynndar
Juggernaut is presently dead, swallowed up in the black hole within Xorn's head.

clickclick
umm no magneto is not arguably marvels most powerful character.. im not even gonna get into the earth guys above him.

leonheartmm
in mutants
1. franklin richards
2. nate grey
3. cable
4. apocalupse
5. magneto

anyway, mags is outclassed cause there are many other non mutant beings that surpass him, like sentry.

mags has the potential magnetic strength of earth's north pole and lets not forget that polaris has the potential magnetic strength of the south pole of the earth, the only difference is that doesnt know how to control her powers in ways that the great mags does

{btw, i really wouldnt put legeion above franklin richards in any type of psionic strength}

Bardock42
WEll I still think Molecular Man is pretty Powerful, bui what I want to say, this argument you always bring up with Magneto controling the force between Protons and Neutrons If I recall right that is actually the Strong Nuclear Force as you said before and between the core of an atom and an electron is the waek nucklear force, so I don't really see how Magneto could do anything like what you said, and I don't think he has complete control of the Magnetic Force or at least he never uses it.

Adam_PoE
All forces involved in interatctions between atoms can be traced to the magnetic force acting on the electrical charged protons and electrons inside atoms. This includes the forces we experience in ordinary material objects which come from intermolecule forces in our bodies and those in objects. It also includes all forms of chemical phenomena which arise from interactions between electron orbitals, and all optical phenomena which arise from traveling disturbances in the electromagentic field.

Bardock42
Dammit my english as well as my Physic skills can't keep up to that, so I just say you are right and shut my mouth now.

Krissy Von Doom
Entire star systems in moments? Even the Shaper of Worlds (a completely evolved cosmic cube) can only make one world at a time, how can an incomplete cosmic cube create an entire star system in moments?

Wynndar
when he was transporting everyone back to Earth in secret wars, someone mentioned they could see stars out, when before there were non...then molecule explained that while transporting them faster than anyone had moved before, he was creating and igniting stars...I dont know how he does it, or why he demonstrated power beyond the shaper. The Shaper is more evolved and more versatile, thats for sure.

Wynndar
Now Im already aware that magneto has no power over gravity, weak nuclear forces, or strong nuclear forces...he controls magnetism, which explains his limited control over the EM spectrum (electric waves, radio waves, microwaves, heat, infrared light, visible light, ultraviolet light, x-rays, and a component of gamma rays) since magnetism is a wave present along the z-axis of all EM energy...since when did Magneto have control over weak nuclear forces, like electron orbitals? If that were his powers wouldnt he demonstrate it?

Bardock42
That indeed is a good question

Adam_PoE
Since electromagnetic foce and weak nuclear force are not separate forces but two aspects of electroweak force.

The Scribe
He's definitely one of the most powerful, but not the most powerful.
I assume you mean in marvel?
He's a mutant. If you mean in comics. no, superman is an alien. he would crush him. Thor, as well.

Havoc470
again, they're comic book characters....he hasnt demonstrated it in a comic book so theres no saying that he can actually do it, sure scientifically it may make sense (im not going to argue with you on that, then again you could most likely be wrong, but i cant say)

if magneto were so strong why hasnt he succeeded in his damn goal, with a helmet that protects him against telepaths and everyone else basically being weaker than him, he definitely isnt THE most powerful but he's on that part of the food chain, what im saying is that you could only judge comic book characters by the extent of his powers IN comic books, youre digging in too deep scientifically and stating real life facts that havent (and probably will never) see its way to comic books

Adam_PoE
Magneto always had the ability to strip the adamantium from the skeleton of Wolverine but he did not demonstrate this ability until "Fatal Attractions". Just because he has not demonstrated an ability, does not mean that it is outside the scope of his powers.

A story cannot exist without conflict. If Magneto had succeeded in his goal, there would no longer be conflict and no reason to keep telling stories.

Krissy Von Doom
X-men vol 1 #275, after defeating Zaladane, Magneto conjured his costume and helmet out of nowhere, you could see it forming the way Jim Lee drew it, does anyone know what power that is?

GreatMuta
This topic rocks....who needs science class whan you can come here!

I was always under the assumption that magneto has demonstrated Gravity powers or at least had the potential to. Magnestisim is a powerful force and Mags is the Master! Let's just say he is near the top of the mutant food chain.

clickclick
he can make anti-gravity fields I think.

Bardock42
yeah but there are a few more powerful

Havoc470
actually till that story arc it was up for debate on whether he could control adamantium to the full extent like he can with other metals

he has wins and losses like everyone else, he's got great power but he's definitely not the most powerful, sentry and molecule man can prove that, not to mention the others on wynndar's list, you could state all the scientific sh*t you want, its really just a waste of time because these are comic characters and from COMIC BOOK experience, he's not THE most powerful character on MU earth

Adam_PoE
At the end of the day, the entire planet is a dipole magnet and Magneto is the "master of magnetism".

clickclick
at the end of the day there are more powerful people on earth than mags.

Wynndar
Blackbolts powers are a better example of control of weak nuclear forces...that is what he does...saying Magneto can control electron orbitals is only one persons opinion since i dont really recall him efficiently demonstrating a control over weak nuclear forces...not on a level like Blackbolt (demonstrating enough power to kill a watcher)...maybe he has enough control to turn his coke to diet coke, but not enough to suggest he is the most powerful on Earth.

Beyonder
1. TOAA
2. The Heart Of The Universe/Pre-Reconned Beyonder
3. Living Tribunal
4. The Infinity Gauntlet
5. Death/Eternity/Infinity/Full Potential Galactus (as Third Essential Of Universe)
6. Oblivion
7. Celestials/Franklin Richards (full potential)
8. Master Order/Lord Chaos
9. Chronos
10. Love/Hate
11. Galactus (normal)/Stranger/Eon/Hoggoth/Oshtur/Agamotto/In-Betweener
12. Molecule Man
13. Shaper of Worlds/Beyonder/Kubik
14. Phoenix Force
15. Shuma Gorath/Dormammu
16. Demogorge The God Eater (Atum the Sun after consuming elder god)
17. Chthon/Set/Atum (the Sun God)/Demiurge/Gaea
18. Tyrant
19. Cyttarok/Surtur/Ymir/Odin/Zeus/Zuras/All Skyfathers/Destroyer Armor/Shaman X-Man
20. Mephisto
21. King Thor/Thanos
22. Captain Universe/Mangog/Kurse
23. Silver Surfer/Morg/Thor/Gladiator/X-Man (normal)/Genis-Vell/Loki/Beta Ray Bill/Terrax/Black Heart/Ronan The Executioner
24. Super Skrull/Annahilus/Blaastar/Black Bolt/Fire Lord/Enchantress
25. Magneto/Apocalypse/Exodus/Holocaust/Ultron/Nimrod/Mandarin
26. Juggernaut/Hulk
27. Dr.Doom/Iron Man/Wonder Man/Namor/Thing

Molecule Man isn't more powerful than Living Tribunal, nor is he uneffected by LT. IMO, the origins of his powers still doesn't make him immune to LT's jurisdiction. His powers is still below that of Tribunal, Eternity, etc. Molecule Man, Beyonder, Kubik, etc. are parts of a cosmic cube. And we all know that five or six cubes was still not enough to satisfy Magus, who wanted the power of the Infinity Gauntlet instead. If we're talking about Pre-reconned Beyonder, then yes LT isn't more powerful. If it's the True Beyonders, they are either less than, equal to, or above LT in power it's unknown. Molecule Man still only have a small portion of their powers. And no, Magneto can't kill Molecule Man - it's the other way around.

Though he comes from Earth, I'd rate him as a cosmic level being. Franklin is a mutant, but the exposure to the Power Rod and the fact that the origin of his mother's power on the same wave length as that of the Celestials and acquire from being exposed to cosmic radiation make Franklin a unique case. Yes he's a mutant, but abnormal from the rest. X-Man, however, is clearly and potentially the most powerful mutant.

Magneto is one of the most powerful mutant. And we are talking about raw power right? Doom, Iron Man, etc. don't count. It could make you powerful, but at hand who's more powerful. As for Apocalypse, what's he done to put him at planetary level powers? Tech aside, what can Apocalypse himself do? Don't know much about Gravy to judge.

Wynndar
I agree with a lot of that list, its been a while in the making I know, but what are your thoughts about the Earthly hierarchy?

And about Molecule Man, I wasnt trying to say he was out of the Tribunal's jurisdiction, or more pwerful than him, I never said that. I was just saying that the source of his power was outside that jurisdiction, since it came from the Beyonders (who would be at the second place in that list) who are outside of the multiverse. Basically I was just trying to respond to the comment about Juggernauts powers being from outside the dimension and immune to most energies that originate in that dimension...I was just trying to emphasize how Molecule Man's power came form an even more remote and powerful source than Cyttorak.

Beyonder
OOops, I forgot to talk about that. I think Cyttarok would be around skyfather. The guy does own an entire dimension and Strange often calls on his power. But I do agree Juggernaut isn't going to even compare to Molecule Man. I'm not even sure 8th Day Juggernaut can win against someone like MM. Even if Cyttorak was equal to or above Molecule Man in some way, Juggernaut is just his avatar and nothing more. He'll get turned into an apple if he tried something stupid like messing with a cube being.

Wynndar
ok now we are on the same page...U understand i wasnt trying to say MM would beat LT, but was just trying to make an illustration right?

Beyonder
Yes.

Adam_PoE
According to http://www.marvel.com/universe , Magneto is "arguably the most powerful man on earth."

Nearly every character listed in this thread as more powerful than Magneto is alien or non-human and / or derives his power from an alien or non-human source.

clickclick
The question is who is the most powerful on earth. Not magneto

Cable, X-man, Franklin are all more powerful forsure.

Adam_PoE
Cable exists in an alternate dimension 2,000 years in the future and X-Man exists in an alternate reality.

Franklin Richards has the potential to be the most powerful man on earth; He has shown signs of telepathy, telekenesis, precognition and the ability to rearrange molecules - in an alternate future, he possesses immesurable psionic powers and can manipulate and alter reality with no limit - but currently, mental blocks prevent him from accessing his vast psionic potential.

clickclick
even with the mental blocks he is still a a danger to all. Remember Roma? Remember when he augmented the fantastic fours powers against the captain britain corps? Remember when he created that pocket universe? he has certainly shown more power than Magneto. And franklins potential is to be far more powerful than the most powerful on earth, far far more.

Cable is ON earth and the reason he was far in the future is because thats where he was brought. he was actually the son of scott summers and madalyne pryor.

X-man was another person ON earth.

The question of this thread isnt, who is the most powerful mutant on earth which even then it wouldnt be mags but the Q was who is the most powerful on earth period.

Again not mags.

Wynndar
marveldirectory.com is not official or recent...the info on franklin is outdated...he is vastly more powerful than magneto...by the way, Magneto is not human, he is a mutant

Adam_PoE

Wynndar
Oh i must have misread it, i thought u said marvel directory, sorry...it still out dated if it didnt recognize Franklin as the most powerful..with the Abraxis story line last year, he deomonstrated vast power that even affected Eternity and Galactus...out of Magneto's league even if he can affect the Earth's poles...Marvel also calls Abomination one of the most powerful beings on Earth, but I will not argue he is on par with richards...same goes for Magneto.

clickclick
This doesnt show that they dont qualify. They both lived on earth, in regular continuity. They were and in the case of Cable are more powerful than mags. You are adding restrictions that were not stated and have no buisness being there.

Even the whole, mutant and non mutant thing. Who limited it to mutants only?

Marvel differentiates between mutants and regular folk (humans) anyway.

Homosapiens, Homosuperiors right?

clickclick
Let me address the Cable point a little further. Cable is not only on earth but hes from earth in regular contiunity. He isnt from the distant future, he was sent there. Thats not the same thing.

Not that it actually matters to this thread.

Adam_PoE
If the question was, "As President, is George W. Bush the most powerful man on earth," would you then consider future presidents or presidents from other realities too? Didn't think so.

clickclick
Your example is not comparable to what we are talking about. So if you would like to make one that is applicable, then by all means please do.

Wynndar
yea that example, doesnt work at all.

Havoc470
lol, makes it sound like theres proof of other dimensions in real life

marvel.com isnt good info on anything, bringing info sites into this would just make it a statistic ballgame and thats not what we're all going for

theres nothing in comic books that proves magneto is the most powerful on earth, which is why the quote says "ARGUABLY the most powerful on earth"

in new avengers matt murdock stated reed richards opinion on the sentry and he said "PROBABLY the most powerful on earth" and coming from richards, that means alot

Adam_PoE
clickclick & Wynndar >

Substituting the term "George W. Bush" for the term "Magneto" in the question, "Who is arguably the most powerful man on earth," produces a logically equivalent question, therefore it is not the analogy that is illogical, it is your reasoning.

Havoc470 >

The official Marvel website is not a good source for official information regarding Marvel characters?

If we are not to compare abilities and powers, how are we to determine who is the most powerful, hearsay and conjecture?

So Matt Murdock said that Reed Richards said that Sentry might be the most powerful man on earth?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Krissy Von Doom
12. Molecule Man
13. Shaper of Worlds/Beyonder/Kubik

Why is Molecule Man ranked higher than the completely evolved cosmic cubes?

Beyonder
Molecule Man is above others since they were cubes. For some reason, him being human with the powers of the cube beings allowed him to operate more effective then them.

http://beyonder.chez.tiscali.fr/beyonder/ff2718.jpg
http://beyonder.chez.tiscali.fr/beyonder/ff2719.jpg

Look for the entire scans here.
http://beyonder.chez.tiscali.fr/beyonder.html

Capt_Fantastic
how about Magneto and Cable have fought. Magneto handed Cable his ass. One clinch of his fists, and Cable was a mass of tangled wires.

clickclick
Cables powers have been upgraded, I dont know about the fight you are talking about but I do know the scope of Cables powers. He is more powerful than Magneto.

Secondly your example is completely horrible. Im not sure why you cant see it but ill explain it anyway.

Cable has a vast power CURRENTLY, on earth in regular continuity.
Magneto has power on earth, currently. They both have functionining power at the same time.

Your attempted comparison was between a guy with functioning power currently against guys without functioning power currently. That has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. Cable is on earth now, thats all that matters. Also, he wasnt born 2000 years later, not that it matters the least bit anyway.

Franklin is still more powerful, MM is, Sentry is, X-man was.

Wynndar
Presidents dont time travel...and if they did...their power would not remain constant in another time...A president's sense of power is not internal like a superhuman character.

Adam_PoE

clickclick
You tried to make a comparison between presidents and comic book characters. No need for your attempted correction, I was correct in my assertion.

Again it is not logical because only ONE president can have functioning power at a time where as there are numerous mutants and such that can and DO have functioning power at the same time. Its irrelevant where they originated from, it matters who has the most power on earth at the moment.. Notice how they all have power on earth at the moment while that is not the same case with presidents from different times.

Franklin Richards may not be the most powerful on earth at the moment but he is definetly more powerful than Magneto. He has demonstrated power than Mags couldnt even dream of. So while it It may not be franklin, it definetly isnt mags so long as Franklin exists on earth.

Molecule Man has demonstrated far more power than Magneto. As an incomplete cosmic cube he has demonstrated more power than Magneto. It doesnt matter if the source of his power is alien or not, the question of the thread is the most powerful on earth. Galactus is not on earth so that is a poor example. Had he been, he would qualify too.

We know that Sentry has more power than Mags even if some things about him are a mystery. Of what we know, its enough to surpass mags.

As for X-man, you happen to be correct on that one. But when he was alive, he was more powerful than mags.

Wynndar
Sentry, Franklin, and Molecule Man are all vastly more powerful than magneto...now u r just sounding ignorant...OK fine, your analogy was brilliant...is that what u want to hear? read all the pages posted in that link and u will learn something about molecule man and the beyonder...they are so much above Magneto its not even funny...the longer u keep holding onto ur magneto theory the more credibility u lose because now im starting to just dismiss u as a fanboy.

Wynndar
Adam Poe: go to this site and read the pages they have posted please...U will see that molecule man is presently arguably one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

http://beyonder.chez.tiscali.fr/beyonder.html

Adam_PoE
clickclick>

I did not correct myself, I corrected you. I am sorry that you do not understand the difference between a comparison and an analogy.

It certainly matters where one and his powers originate from. The preposition "most powerful man on earth" is and indication of source or basis, not location. If the statement is in reference to location, one could argue that any cosmic being is the "most powerful man on earth" when he comes into contact with the surface of the planet, yet this is clearly not the intention of the preposition.

This discludes characters such as Molecule Man as any portion of a Cosmic Cube and X-Man. Sentry may or may not be alien or non-human and /or derive his powers from alien or non-human sources, therefore his relevance to the discussion cannot be determined.

Regardless of what power he has demonstrated in the past or future, Franklin Richards is currently not more powerful than Magneto.

Adam_PoE
Wynndar >

Franklin Richards has the potential to be the most powerful man on earth; He has shown signs of telepathy, telekenesis, precognition and the ability to rearrange molecules - in an alternate future, he possesses immesurable psionic powers and can manipulate and alter reality with no limit - but currently, mental blocks prevent him from accessing his vast psionic potential, and therefore he is not more powerful than Magneto.

Molecule Man is more powerful than Magneto only when combined with the Beyonder or as a portion of a Cosmic Cube.

Again, the full origin of Sentry and the extent of his abilities and powers are not known, therefore it cannot be determined if it is even relevant to argue if he is most powerful.

Furthermore, your views regarding my credibility do not affect the validity of my argument and I am sorry that you feel the need to resort to childish insults because you cannot defeat it.

clickclick
analogy

1. Similarity in some respects between things that are otherwise dissimilar.
2. A comparison based on such similarity. See Synonyms at likeness.

comparison

1. The act of comparing or the process of being compared.
2. A statement or estimate of similarities and differences.
The quality of being similar or equivalent; likeness:
examining resemblances or differences

No no no, im sorry that you dont know what you are talking about. On this front or the other one (that being the power of marvel characters on earth).

You are incorrect. That is simply your interpretation because you feel that it favors Magneto and to an extent you are correct. However, most powerful on earth means just that. The most powerful character on earth. Certainly it would vary depending on what kind of characters came to earth but there are regular earth folk who spend much of their time there, those are the ones that we will use to determine this. So of the characters that live on earth, who is the most powerful.

This would include characters like Cable, franklin and such. They live on earth, simple enough isnt it?

Again you are incorrect. In the present, whenever he needs it he has shown vast power that exceeds magneto.

Wynndar
u didnt read it obviously..he wasnt connected to the cube or the Beyonder...he was killing Beyonder in fact...and Kubik admitted that MM was far stronger than himself...stop being a fan boy and read it

No matter what Mags can do to the poles of one planet...How does that compare to Franklin recently changing the being Eternity with his powers? Whatever WEBSITE u r looking at is out dated
magneto fanboy.

and sentry is not alien...he was given a serum that changed his metabolism granting him the power of a thousand stars.

Sentry>Magneto )while he uses his powers to toss an old refrigerator at Nightcrawler)

clickclick
Molecule Man does not need to be combined with Beyonder to have immense power. Even as part of an incomplete cube he has more power than Magneto. You cant get around that, try as you wish.

The origin of Sentry's power is irrelevant. We dont know the full of extent of his abilities but we know some of what hes got and that alone is more than what Magneto possesses.

Calling your credibility into question is apprioate at the moment. You arent being reasonable because of some bias you have. Im not going to keep going around in circles with you, there is absolutely no way you are right. If you refuse to see that because of your bias, so be it.

Wynndar
is this guys foreal?...he totally dismissed, or didnt bother reading anything we've recently posted...after reading those pages posted on that site, the question isnt who's more powerful between Magneto and MM, its who more powerful MM or Thanos with the infinity guantlet?

Adam_PoE
clickclick>

By your own admission, the "most powerful man on earth" is a determination of source or basis:

This contradicts your official position:

Either "most powerful man on earth" is a determination of source or it is a determination of location. Choose one.

Being any part of a Cosmic Cube makes Molecule Man a cosmic being. As with Sentry, whether or not a character or his powers are alien or non-human in origin speaks directly to whether or not he can be determined "most powerful man on earth" by source or basis.

Suggesting that my argument is invalid because I may have a bias commits the logic fallacy of ad hominem abusive / circumstantial.

Wynndar>

Sentry may have received his powers from a serum but recurring memories from a past life suggest that he and his powers may not be completely terrestrial in origin.

I am not arguing that Magneto is the most powerful character in the Marvel universe. I am arguing that he is the "most powerful man on earth". Continuing to compare characters who are alien or non-human and / or derive their powers from alien or non-human sources with characters who are completely terrestrial in origin and derive their powers from completely terrestrial sources is beyond the scope of this discussion.

Moreover, I will be sure to notify Marvel that their official website is incorrect because it disputes what you believe. Your refusal to acknowledge the position of an official source makes you the obstinate fanboy.

clickclick
I have not contradicted myself, earth is a location, how many characters actually derive their power from earth itself?

I will speak on origin of powers quite briefly. The mutant gene was actually the result of Celestial manipulations of the human genes. So that means that mutant powers were not even from earth but from Celestials interference.

Again, not that it matters.

The original question of the thread was asking who is the most powerful being on earth. The question was not who is the the most powerful MAN on earth. Which even if that was the case, (which it is not) it would still not be Magneto.

The source of their power was only a stupilation that you wanted to add to the thread.

Im suggesting your argument is invalid because it is invalid. It is flat out incorrect. Im suggesting you are continuing to pursue a blatently wrong avenue and ignoring the truth because you have a bias.

Wynndar
ok thanks man...let them know to update the stuff at marvel.com

Adam_PoE
The first post of this thread:

The official biography of Magneto on http://www.marvel.com/universe states that he is "arguably the most powerful man on earth." I simply corrected the misquotation.

It is my argument that the "most powerful man on earth" is a determination of source, whereas it is your argument that the "most powerful man on earth" is a determination of location.

Stating that it is a determination of location is absurd as it would mean that any being that came in contact with the surface of the earth could potentially be the "most powerful man on earth".

While this is may be true of the denotation of the preposition, it is clearly not true of the connotation.

Furthermore, if the "most powerful man on earth" is a determination of source, certainly characters who are alien or non-human or derive their powers from such sources would not qualify.

And since the purpose is to determine who is the "most powerful man on earth," should we not compare only characters who are terrestrial in origin and derive their powers from terrestrial sources?

Accordingly, comparing characters who are alien or non-human and / or derive their powers from such sources to characters who are terrestrial in origin and derive their powers from terrestrial sources would determine something, just not who is the "most powerful man on earth".

It is not an issue of whose conclusion is correct as it should be clear at this point that we are not arguing the same argument.

If by "most powerful man on earth" one means "most powerful man on earth by source or basis," I am correct.

If by "most powerful man on earth" one means "most powerful being to come into contact with the surface ot the earth," you are correct.

However, it would appear that Marvel aggrees with me.

clickclick
The question of the thread was, who is the most powerful being.. Being NOT man.

Mutants derive their power from Celestial manipulation of their genes, therefore their powers are not actually terrestrial in origin either.

Cable and Franklin are two mutants with power exceeding that of Magneto. Marvel has shown us this when they displayed their power. So it does not appear that Marvel agrees with you.

Deriving a different meaning from a question than what is actually stated is absurd. Of those who live on earth, who is the most powerful? The fact that you keep saying man when the question clearly states BEING is quit absurd.

You are completely incorrect here.

Ill mention one more thing. Alpha is from earth and his power exceeded Magneto's. Now according to you even though he doesnt live on earth he would still be in the running because of the "origin" of his powers. Any way you slice it, you are wrong.

Molecule man
Come on guys Magneto would HAVE any chance to even compete with Owen Reece. Even Kubik was afraid of him and Kubik could easily wipe Magnetos existens out of reality. Molecule man may be the most powerful earthling ever!

clickclick
dont forget about black bolt either.

Adam_PoE
clickclick>

In the first post in this thread, joesha28 states that the official biography of Magneto on http://www.marvel.com/universe declares him "arguably the most powerful being on earth" and he goes on to ask others if they agree or disagree:

The official biography of Magneto on http://www.marvel.com/universe does not state that he is "arguably the most powerful being on earth" but "arguably the most powerful man on earth". A simple misquotation that I later corrected.

Even if mutancy is the result of celestial interference as you suggest, mutants do not draw from this source to fuel their powers. The preposition "alien or non-human sources" refers to power sources such as the Phoenix Force, the Ruby of Cyttorak, etc.

If alien and non-human beings or those who derive their power from such sources were to be considered, it would be a determination of who is the "most powerful being" and the preposition "on earth" would not be included. You continue to argue who is the "most powerful being" to the exclusion of "on earth" so if anyone is guilty of misinterpreting the question, it is you.

clickclick
Celestial manipulation is the source of their power. The origin of their powers is not from earth at all but rather from Cosmic beings interference. So Mutants would NOT qualify as their abilities are due to "an implant" from the Celestials.

It appears that he did make a mistake in his quote, fair enough on that point.

You are incorrect though on another point though. None of the characters you have named actually derive their power from the earth. It is a residence, its that simple. So anybody who resides there should be part of the equation.

Alpha was FROM earth and he had vast powers, more than Mags forsure. What is your opinion on this character?

Cable, Blackbolt, Franklin, Sentry still all rank above magneto.

I will add this aswell. This is your argument.

So basically if its simply the source and lets say for arguments sake that their mutations are related simply to earth, then one could qualify who doesnt even live on earth. So they can be the most powerful man on earth and not have lived there in years. Incredible because that is in direct conflict with the question being asked.

Adam_PoE
I never stated that the power of a character must be fueled by the earth itself but rather that it could not be fueled by an alien source as this would make the powers in question alien and not terrestrial, i.e. the Phoenix Force, the Ruby of Cyttorak, etc.

The "most powerful man on earth" is not a determination of residence.

According to http://www.marvel.com/universe, Professor Charles Xavier is "the planet's most powerful mutant". If "the most powerful man on earth" or in this instance "the planet's most powerful mutant" is a determination of residence, does Professor X suddenly stop being "the planet's most powerful mutant" when he resides in the Shi'ar Galaxy with Lilandra?

No, because "the planet's most powerful mutant" and the "most powerful man on earth" are determinations of source or basis, not location or residence.

clickclick
You said that the origin of their powers could not be alien to earth, well the origin of mutants powers is from the Celestials. Therefore they would not qualify by the standards you set.

Regardless of what you want to say, the most powerful man on earth deals with residence not the source of ones powers. On earth indicates a location NOT an origin of power. This is quite black and white really.

The fact that Marvel.com has Prof X listed as the most powerful mutant only shows how out of date that source is. We know for a fact that isnt the case. So if he was off of earth, it wouldnt affect who the most powerful mutant on earth was. Added to that, technically he could no longer be the most powerful mutant on earth (had he been) if he was off of it. Thats why it has to be determined based on whether or not they reside their. If thats where they live, then they are in the running.

You still havent addressed the mutant alpha. According to your incorrect belief, he would be one of the most powerful mutants on earth without having been there in a long time. He would without question rank above Magneto. It wouldnt make any sense though because hes not on Earth. So yes for the millionth time, it is location.

Adam_PoE
Just so we are clear, once Professor X leaves earth, he ceases to be "the planet's most powerful mutant"?

If that is the case, once Bill Gates leaves the country, he ceases to be the wealthiest man in the United States of America.

So no, for the millionth time, it is not location or residence.

Wynndar
The High Evolutionary was "from Earth"...but his major base of operations is no longer Earth...he is more powerful than Magneto though, and a Human, well he has evolved beyond a human now...

The same goes for Binary, she is vastly more powerful than most of the people we have mentioned...she was from Earth...but doesnt operate there, see the difference?

I think this thread is about who is the most powerful being on the planet...meaning who is the most powerful being who's base of operations is the Earth.

Marvel was right about Magneto being "arguably" the most powerful man...he has reall caused an argument here...

adam poe in particular has tried to elminate aliens...then he called Superhumans who were granted powers unfit because their power is external (even though its not). Now he would probably find some way to call Doctor Strange's powers unearthly...it sounds like he wants to eliminate competition for his beloved Magneto

Regardless, human, mutant, inhuman, alien, superhuman, etc...if their base of perations is the Earth, then they can be considered in this thread.

Black Bolt
Hulk
Doctor Strange
Molecule Man
Franklin Richards
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Graviton
Magneto
Professor X
Sentry
Thor
Cable
X-Man (If he were alive)
Juggernaut (if he were alive)

talon00x
see that doesnt make any since to me why is hulk # 2 or is it in no certain order?

Wynndar
oh no...there is no certain order

Wynndar
oh i forgot to add Apocalypse

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>