pre-crisis superman vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
can the planet throwing unstopable pre-crisis superman defeat the planet eating Galactus?

Cosmo Kramer
well lets see...

Superman: Oh no! It is Galactus what will humanity do?
Silver Surfer: Quickly Superman do something.
(Superman begins throwing all sorts of planets starting with
Mercury "gulp" Venus "gulp" Earth "gulp"wink
Superman: He ate Earth! Doh'

See throwing planets at Galactus is pointless.

Mr_Famous
Pre crisis supes would win coz he'll have a new anti galactus power to use smile

mr.smiley
galactus all the freakin way

jplatinum
Good fight, but Galactus would go use about 70% of his power and win.

Sentry
Hmmmm.. this hard! Galactus wins. This is a joke.

Galactus will kick his a$$

David Duchovony
Where did you get that info from Sentry?

Sentry
Here. It lists all of those associated with Surfer.

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/index.html

David Duchovony
Thanks I just wanted access to it.

jplatinum
Pretty much, Galactus wins, man.

colossus17
guys....PC sups was whatever the writers wanted him to be.....sometimes he was hit by a human and felt pain...other times.he tossed around planets..so it all depends on the writing....actually debating over it seems irrelvent.

whirlysplat
Colossus I have agree with you, The original supes could not fly just leap a long way like Wylies Gladiato but by the fifties he was bursting through the "time barrier". What you say is so true.

JWangSDC
Uhm, just cuz glactus eats planets, doesn't mean that if you throw them @ him...he just eats them. If someone started thrownig hamburgers @ me and superspeed, I'd probably get ****ed up.

Still I agree that galactus will own superman

kgkg
lol superman? , lol even prime is no match for Galactus.

whirlysplat
Kg were you born pre crisis

eleveninches
Precrisis and prime would easily win

kgkg
prime, and pre gets eating smile

No guy powered by sunlight can beat Galactus.

Galactus makes people that are higher than sups level.

the Darkone
Originally posted by kgkg

Galactus makes people that are higher than sups level.

laughing laughing

Galactus will own superman like a little slave. Like kgkg said galactus make beings more powerful than superman.

Tyrant, silver sufer, morg,t errax, stardust, red shift eek! eek!

ZephroCarnelian
Surfer's nothing to pre-crisis Superman. Current Supes would get his bottom caned, but PreC? No way.

Against Galactus....?

Not even Pre-Crisis has a chance. But...

Pre-Crisis Superman was a genius of the highest order. If he encountered Galactus and found that he couldn't defeat him, he'd fly back in time and prepare a super-weapon of some sorts with which he would be able to do it.

Sounds stupid, but it's the kinda stuff that he could do easily...

kgkg
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Surfer's nothing to pre-crisis Superman. Current Supes would get his bottom caned, but PreC? No way.

Against Galactus....?

Pre-Crisis Superman was a genius of the highest order. If he encountered Galactus and found that he couldn't defeat him, he'd fly back in time and prepare a super-weapon of some sorts with which he would be able to do it.

isn't Pre-crisis still powerd by solar?

Pre-Crisis supes was a stupid character.

In a crossover hulk as giving him a fight.

Anyway not much of a fight.

the Darkone

Against Galactus....?

Sound stupid is stupidWhat the f**k?

What the f**k? super-genius vs. omniscient. Galactus has knowledge that superman wish he had of the universe. Galactus will absorb his powers then rearranged his molecules and turned him into another heralder.

ZephroCarnelian
Hmm... ultimate nullifier....

Galactus knowledge wouldn't help him there...

whirlysplat
Precrisis supes breaks through the dimensional barrier between universes, goes back in time, using his super intelligence he decides to go to an older universe than the marvel one to do this. In fact the DC uni would do as it is older(little in joke), going back in timein an older uni means no giant hand (ala Krona in the marvel uni), crosses back and kills galactus before he gets turned into galactus. smile

Mainstream
cute...but no verison of Superman could beat Galactus.

kgkg
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Precrisis supes breaks through the dimensional barrier between universes, goes back in time, using his super intelligence he decides to go to an older universe than the marvel one to do this. In fact the DC uni would do as it is older(little in joke), going back in timein an older uni means no giant hand (ala Krona in the marvel uni), crosses back and kills galactus before he gets turned into galactus. smile
galactus was always galactus (just he used to be called Galan)

He once claimed that his race were like GODs(or someshit like that).

He is older than time itself

whirlysplat
He wasn't always Galactus, Galan was an explorer

whirlysplat
Not a world devourer

whirlysplat
He is older than the marvel uni which makes him about 68, or more seriously 5 billion

kgkg
When I said he was Galactus I meant he was always living.

Even before time.

And remember time is an aspect of eternity(universe)
The entity called Chronos.

go going back won't help.

whirlysplat
Time is actually relative..................giggle............

Mainstream
"time is like an ocean that flow infinite directions."

whirlysplat
and if he goes back to when galsactus was galan he would create an alternate uni in marvel thinking actually. The FF used to do this all the time. He would also beat Galan ergo Galactus.

whirlysplat
At least a version of Galactus anyway as marvel time branches at points making continuos new unis at every choice. This is what if is all about. If it wasn't the Watcher would be out of a job.

whirlysplat
Time travel kicks arse, even the big G's

kgkg

ZephroCarnelian
Ever wondered why the crisis happened? lol. There's too many possibilities with Superman....

However - realistically speaking, Supes wouldn't get a chance to travel in time, cos Galactus would simply scan Supes, see his weakness and bombard him with lethal amounts of K-Nite radiation instantly.

Surfer has the power to do it - so does G. Only on a much bigger scale.

And Whirly - thanks for siding with Supes lol! Sometimes I feel like the only one! big grin

But edit your posts rather than multiple posting - there's some grouchy members on this forum lol! wink

whirlysplat
Uh "What if" A marvel publication was based on the concept of branching universes. Uto the Watcher and his race observed how different choices created new universes. So no I am not confused. Yes Love, Hate, the living trib etc are powerful and eternity is the marvel uni but new eternitie are created with each choice that was the basis of "What if" when you have been reading Marvel for more than 30 years you know thingssmile

whirlysplat
Zeph I suspect you are one of the few pre crisis readers on this forum

ZephroCarnelian
PreCrisis Supes is the best. I hate the fact they've depowered him.

But at the end of the day, DC are trying to make a profit. And if people want more realistic characters then they've gotta give the public what they want... sad

whirlysplat
thats why the sentry will not be as uber as the kids think

radioboy121
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Uh "What if" A marvel publication was based on the concept of branching universes. Uto the Watcher and his race observed how different choices created new universes. So no I am not confused. Yes Love, Hate, the living trib etc are powerful and eternity is the marvel uni but new eternitie are created with each choice that was the basis of "What if" when you have been reading Marvel for more than 30 years you know thingssmile

But what ifs also have made the likes of Galactus as Uncle Ben's nephew and Galactus as an Elvis (by Thanos w/ Infinity Gauntlet). Also they can be entertaining, they are also not the best for reference purposes.

whirlysplat
OK how about all the branching timelines for the Kangs or the Thing creating a few in Marvel two in one. Read always used to state that Marvel reality was branching.

whirlysplat
and I mean the original What ifs fromthe seventies based upon the branching uni theory not the later ones. In fact Uatu and his race are based on this concept he watches the alternate earths and our own thats his job.

whirlysplat
Reed even silly me

ZephroCarnelian
You really know your stuff Whirly. smile

whirlysplat
Thank you Zephro, I guess collecting comics since 74 is a little sad and I guess going on forums is even sadder but I still love comics.

colossus17
hey son......when i was your age we didnt have this fancy forums to talk about comics....we had to write letters to each other and wait for responses.....and send chain letters...

eleveninches

BUt people powered by carbon can beat him???

He was defeated by the f4 on many occasions, even though he could technically be able to eat them

colossus17
eat them?, the dosent eat shit......his machine strips the planet of all its energy and such....basically tereforming it and leaving it baren.....and then he plugs it into himself ...but he dosent actually eat anything......

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by eleveninches

He was defeated by the f4 on many occasions, even though he could technically be able to eat them They always trick don't they? I think that's both a credit to Reed and a discredit for Galactus.

eleveninches
Well, prime is much more intelligent than reed

kgkg
Originally posted by eleveninches

He was defeated by the f4 on many occasions, even though he could technically be able to eat them
Nice counter. LMAO
So you are saying F4 > Galactus.

Who hasn't been defeated that is a threat to the human race?
Everyone is defeated in one way another.
Tricks, weapons etc is used.

Galactus came to feed on the planet. If he came to destroy earth and everyone on it he could do with one simple blast. Period.

Glactus beats Prime , Pre or any Sups with ease.

Suck solar energy.
Blast them to bits.
etc too many ways.

eleveninches
nope.

K3VIL
Superman Pre-Crisis was able to destroy a galaxy, he can give a fight to Galactus.
Superman Prime, broke into hell, is the owner of the Sword Of Heaven which can manipulate time and space, and he has the last GL Ring, he wins.

eleveninches
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Fantastic%20Four/Ennemis/Galactus.gif

VS

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Superman/Superman%201938.gif

whirlysplat
Originally posted by K3VIL
Superman Pre-Crisis was able to destroy a galaxy, he can give a fight to Galactus.
Superman Prime, broke into hell, is the owner of the Sword Of Heaven which can manipulate time and space, and he has the last GL Ring, he wins. [/QUOTE} smile

kgkg
Originally posted by K3VIL
Superman Prime, broke into hell, is the owner of the Sword Of Heaven which can manipulate time and space, and he has the last GL Ring, he wins.
Sword of Heaven? What issue was that? Can you give me comic book reference

Broke into hell what does that prove?

h1a8
Here are some facts on pre-crisis Superman

Super speed

In November 1946, Superman demonstrates the ability to stand invisibly on one spot by oscillating his body so fast that the human eye cannot see him. During this same period, Superman protects bystanders at a navy yard from the effects of a devastating explosion by spinning around the blast area at super-speed. With the speed of light, Superman makes a wall of his revolving body, through which the expanding gases of the explosive cannot penetrate. Then, funneling upward, Superman directs the blast toward the sky.

In August 1947, Superman successfully photographs a series of past events by flying into outer space faster than the speed of light and overtaking the light waves leaving Earth which contain the images of the events he wants to record on film.

Later in 1947, Superman single-handedly constructs an entire underground city in a matter of seconds. (Superman #48) During this same period, Superman uses his command of super-speed to travel through the time barrier into the past*.

*note: Virtually all texts agree that to penetrate the time barrier, Superman must move at a speed exceeding that of light.

Super-Strength

In Spring 1940, when Metropolis is ravaged by a man-made earthquake, Superman supports tottering buildings while terrified occupants dash to safety.

In 1942, he smashes his way through the side of a mountain. By September of the same year, his strength has grown to the point where he can wrench apart a pair of twin mountain peaks with his bare hands.

In 1943, when Superman acts to avert the collapse of a massive undersea cavern, his mighty shoulders bear the weight of thousands of tons of rock and the terrific pressure of the ocean above it. (Action Comics #62, "There'll Always Be a Superman!"wink

1947 brings us the first time that Superman transforms a lump of coal into a glittering diamond. In the words of the text, "Incalculable tons of pressure exerted by the Man of Steel's mighty fist duplicate the work of eons to fuse the opaque coal carbons into the translucent perfection of a glittering diamond!" (Action Comics #115)

By 1949 he has single-handedly created a sun for the Planet Uuz by crashing together its two uninhabited moons and then fueling the resultant atomic blaze with drifting meteors.

But by 1957, Superman is able to hurl an uninhabited planet through space (Superman #110) and in 1958 can produce a small earthquake with a super-clap of his hands.

In March 1965 Superman seizes a spacecraft manned by members of the Superman Revenge Squad and hurls it into a far distant galaxy light-years away from Earth .

Invulnerability

In September 1945, Superman holds open an earthquake fissure with his bare hands until Lois Lane has had a chance to climb to safety. "The most powerful muscles on Earth," notes the text, "withstand the tremendous pressure of thousands of tons of rock!" "If the fissure had closed on me," remarks Superman, "the only damage would have been to the rock!"

In 1946 and 1954, Superman withstands the explosion of a hydrogen bomb (Superman #87) and flies onto an atomic-bomb test site and withstands the successive impact of two atomic bombs. He also withstands the intense heat of the Earth's molten core. (Superman #43)

In 1950, Superman swims underwater thousands of fathoms deep, down to the ocean bed itself, and suffers no ill effects from the crushing water pressure. He withstands the heat at the rim of the sun, estimated at a few billion degrees.

In 1951, Superman can withstand the heat at the core of the sun. (Action Comics #161) By this date, Superman's Herculean body has become immune to all ills and it's impossible for him to get sick.

A text dated April 1965 notes that Superman is invulnerable to drowning, and can remain underwater as long as he wishes.

Super-Breath

In November 1947, when the Toyman attempts to make good his escape astride a rocket-powered hobbyhorse, Superman draws him back to earth with a deep inhalation of breath.

In September 1949, Superman extinguishes a chemical fire by inhaling all the air around it. "The deadly flames are no menace to Superman," notes the text, "who smothers them by momentarily drawing all the air in the room into his own mighty lungs!"

In July 1959, Superman halts a massive tidal wave by freezing it into a solid iceberg with a blast of his super-breath.

In August 1954, far out in space, Superman extinguishes a star with a blast of his super-breath. (Superman #91)

In February 1961, after Mr. Mxyzptlk has loosed a cloud of magic sneezing powder on Metropolis, Superman finds himself forced to give vent to a super-sneeze that literally destroys an entire distant solar system .

A text dated April 1965 notes that Superman is invulnerable to drowning and can remain under-water as long as he wishes.

Are you now convinced? Galactus couldn't stand a chance at the best of the pre-crisis Superman. This Superman had no limits. (He was like a supreme god, able to move faster than light, time travel, destroy stars and solar systems with a single breath, hurls planets, make stars, and survive in the core of stars, etc.)

jplatinum
I don't know.

Pre-crisis was the most powerful supes ever.
More powerful than 1 million and prime put together.

He can do pretty much whatever he wants.
His powers are on dbz/dbgt levels insane and he gets a new power for every situation.

There is a fight that will go down.
I don't know if galactus can handle this one.

He is uber powerful, but supes can probably come up with a power that makes him turn to stone or some shit.

Juntai
Sword of Heaven? What issue was that? Can you give me comic book reference

Broke into hell what does that prove? Actually, The Sword of Superman was a primodial piece of the Universe itself, that God created for Superman, when he tapped into it's power it made him one with God basically. He was multiversally aware, and obtained ultimate power.

He then threw the sword into space, into a place where he could find it when he wanted it. And God smiled upon his "son" knowing that he turned down ultimate power.. the true sign of a hero.

Juntai
Also against Kaos, Superman blew a "giant star" at him with no effort.
I got a scan around here somewhere.

jplatinum
That sounds like some real bullshit.
It probably did happen, but it still sounds like bullshit.

Well, It does.

Thats like me sayin' I my punch would knock out galactus.

laughing

the Darkone
Superman will be a b***h slave to Galactus.
Deal with it fanboys.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by the Darkone
Superman will be a b***h slave to Galactus.
Deal with it fanboys.

you really need to read a comicsmile

Keep the faith smile

Stay whirly rock

leonheartmm
precrisis superman was wierd

The True Fear
i take supes

Juntai

the Darkone
Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
you really need to read a comicsmile

Keep the faith smile

Stay whirly rock

You need to get a life.

Galactus 10/10

Darth_Erebus
Here we go again.

jgiant
I would like to say galactus, but pre crisis can be trouble because he could beat just about anyone...50 50...

Juntai

the Darkone
Galactus eats superman like a twinkie.

Galactus 10/10

Whirlysplatt
Galactus eats superman like a twinkie.

Galactus 10/10

try reading a comic smile

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

the Darkone
Galactus turns superman into his heralder. Galactus 10/10

RAGE17
Originally posted by jplatinum
That sounds like some real bullshit.
It probably did happen, but it still sounds like bullshit.

Well, It does.

Thats like me sayin' I my punch would knock out galactus.

laughing

JP your punch would probably knock out TOAA not only galactus

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by RAGE17
JP your punch would probably knock out TOAA not only galactus

laughing yes

Juntai
There isn't a logical explanation of how Galactus could beat Superman. Superman could vibrate through anything Galactus threw, including Pulsewaves, Kryptonite waves, Red radiation waves. And then punch him into the entropy at the end of time, blow solar systems at him, any number of ways. Galactus has been defeated by much less than the most insane version of Superman.

roughrider
Classic Thor has given Galactus problems, Superman will too. Pre-crisis Supes, even more. But Galactus still wins.

ZephroCarnelian
People think that cosmics are unbeatable thanks to their matter manipulating powers.

Guess what? Supes can do it too.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by Juntai
...And then punch him into the entropy at the end of time...

Indeed. smile

Juntai
Let us also not forget Pre Crisis Superman could wipe minds and also had telekinetic and even more powerful psychic powers.
lol.

In fact, Pre C Superman could easily build an nulifier. He could invent and build anything , even if it didn't make sense. Same as the way he invented powers. Hypnotic vision, lolol.

ZephroCarnelian
And Supes isn't always about the physical force that he uses - he's also about the way he applies it.

To do this is impossible. Yet Supes does it.

The Ion
People think that cosmics are unbeatable thanks to their matter manipulating powers.

Guess what? Supes can do it too. That's insane. laughing

Juntai
Pre C Superman was awe inspiring with awesome power.

Whirlysplatt
Let us also not forget Pre Crisis Superman could wipe minds and also had telekinetic and even more powerful psychic powers.
lol.

In fact, Pre C Superman could easily build an nulifier. He could invent and build anything , even if it didn't make sense. Same as the way he invented powers. Hypnotic vision, lolol.

I used to love the Superspeed trip to the fortress to "invent" something ploy - Majestic uses it a bit now smile

ZephroCarnelian
You mean where he'd whip up something like this in an instant? lol

ZephroCarnelian
And then do this:

Juntai
lol keep going, I'm saving all of these, they're hilarious.
thnx, btw.

ZephroCarnelian
How about an example of Super-Breath?

Not really physically possible - but that's not a problem for Superman.

Whirlysplatt
Like this? And then do this:

exactly laughing out loud Galactus has no chance smile

Juntai
Do you have the one where he was flying backwards ftls and dodging between rays of red sun so they would have no effect on him while he came up with a way to defeat his enemy or something?

The Ion
Reverse Super-suction laughing

ZephroCarnelian
You mean this?

Juntai
LOLOLOL.

ZephroCarnelian
You like Super-Suction, The Ion?

Here's more for you! big grin

roughrider
Cripes. I'm glad I wasn't paying too close attention to Superman comics as a kid. He's crazy all over the map with this stuff! I guess I just accepted "Well he's Superman, so..."

Juntai

Juntai
part 2

ZephroCarnelian
Bit more Super-Suction anyone...?

Juntai
I think a couple of these I got were ones you posted before Zephro.

Juntai
Bit more Super-Suction anyone...? That's easily one of the funniest.

JediMasterLuke5
Pre-crisis Superman ripps Galactus into pieces.

Darth_Erebus
This thread is stupid. Galactus has destroyed entire galaxies. His heralds are more in Pre Crisis Supermans league. Pre Crisis Superman, or even Superman Prime, are no more than an annoyance to Galactus. This is like a Chihuahua against a Siberian Tiger.

Whirlysplatt
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
This thread is stupid. Galactus has destroyed entire galaxies. His heralds are more in Pre Crisis Supermans league. Pre Crisis Superman, or even Superman Prime, are no more than an annoyance to Galactus. This is like a Chihuahua against a Siberian Tiger.

Pre crisis Supes has destroyed whole galaxies by sneezing.

supersuction laughing out loud

Darth_Erebus

supersuction laughing out loud

Solar Systems, not galaxies, HUGE difference.

jgiant
This fight is very hard, and the conclusion cannot be reached, pre-crisis's abilities varied and sups developed new powers when needed, the writers controled his powers and he was not grounded at all, his power was infinint, galactus is much the same way, but at least he is grounded in a sense, he can be weakened and in some instances defeated...has pre-crisis been defeated? If not than he wins because his powers can be just as infinint as galactus...

Whirlysplatt
Solar Systems, not galaxies, HUGE difference.

no it was a galaxy smile trust me on this

Juntai
Originally posted by jgiant
This fight is very hard, and the conclusion cannot be reached, pre-crisis's abilities varied and sups developed new powers when needed, the writers controled his powers and he was not grounded at all, his power was infinint, galactus is much the same way, but at least he is grounded in a sense, he can be weakened and in some instances defeated...has pre-crisis been defeated? If not than he wins because his powers can be just as infinint as galactus... He could be slowed, but not stopped.

Whirlysplatt
This fight is very hard, and the conclusion cannot be reached, pre-crisis's abilities varied and sups developed new powers when needed, the writers controled his powers and he was not grounded at all, his power was infinint, galactus is much the same way, but at least he is grounded in a sense, he can be weakened and in some instances defeated...has pre-crisis been defeated? If not than he wins because his powers can be just as infinint as galactus...

good post JG

jgiant
good post JG
Thank you...

The Ion
Darkseid clocked Pre Crisis Supes with a slap. Earth 2 Supes stalemated Earth 1 Supes also. smile

ZephroCarnelian
Pre-Crisis Darkseid would clock Big G with a slap also. He was a mean son of a camel.

Remember everyone. Think of everything you've learned of PC Supes... and remember....

He was always holding back! smile

jgiant
Interesting...you have a point ion, pre-crisis darkside is like the galactus of dc and if he could beat sups than galactus might be able to...but pc darkside is galactus and then some he is in the same boat as pc sups, his power is truely infinite...

Whirlysplatt
Kirby who invented both Darkseid and Galactus said - Pre crisis Galactus and Darkseid were equal confused we do have a problem here - lets forget it big grin Precrisis Supes goes and gets Vartox, his "hyper" powers were stronger than Supes "Superpowers" by far he had even more eek! invented ludicrous powers smile

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock

Juntai
Kirby who invented both Darkseid and Galactus said - Pre crisis Galactus and Darkseid were equal confused we do have a problem here - lets forget it big grin Precrisis Supes goes and gets Vartox, his "hyper" powers were stronger than Supes "Superpowers" by far he had even more eek! invented ludicrous powers smile

Keep the faith smile

Stay Whirly rock Except that Pre Crisis would be similar to full powered G, with his near limitlessness. Whereas lately he has low power showings, and has even mentioned it.

Against average Galactus, Superman wins, against full powered, maybe big G.

jgiant
He mentioned it? What did he say, he has had the flu...constipation...depression...hystarical pregnancey...juvinial diabites...darkside isn't even a force to be remotely feared nowadays...

Whirlysplatt
Except that Pre Crisis would be similar to full powered G, with his near limitlessness. Whereas lately he has low power showings, and has even mentioned it.

Against average Galactus, Superman wins, against full powered, maybe big G.

Vartox used to beat Pre Crisis Supes up

Juntai
He mentioned it? What did he say, he has had the flu...constipation...depression...hystarical pregnancey...juvinial diabites...darkside isn't even a force to be remotely feared nowadays... No, he said he was at low power when he fought Doomsday.

Whirlysplatt
He mentioned it? What did he say, he has had the flu...constipation...depression...hystarical pregnancey...juvinial diabites...darkside isn't even a force to be remotely feared nowadays...

no this was precrisis he said it in the 70's when big G was deffo top of the food chain smile

Juntai
no this was precrisis he said it in the 70's when big G was deffo top of the food chain smile ???

Whirlysplatt
???

Kirby said Darkseid and G were equal way back in the 70's

cheldon
superman prime could beat him. not pre crisis

the Darkone
Galactus will absorb all oo superman solar energy, any superman will be turn into a lap og of Galactus.

Superman Prime hasn't done sh**. Solaris please Galactus will b***h he/she with in seconds.

Xplosive

Solar System, which is 0.00000000001 of a galaxie, not mentioning galaxies.

Xplosive
Kirby who invented both Darkseid and Galactus said - Galactus and Pre-Crisis Darkseid were equal

So you know what that mean, PC Superman was annoyance to PC Darksied, PC Darkseid only need to slap him, so PC would be only little annoyance for Galactus, joke to him as he was to PC Darkseid.

h1a8
Originally posted by The Ion
Darkseid clocked Pre Crisis Supes with a slap. Earth 2 Supes stalemated Earth 1 Supes also. smile

We are talking about the best of pre-crisis Superman and not one of the weaker years.

h1a8

If Galactus destroyed a galaxy ( I think this is false he destroyed planets) then it took him a while to do this. Superman on the other hand destroyed a solar system instantly! Galactus has many times showed a limited durability. For he is not more durable than a solar system or even a star.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by h1a8
If Galactus destroyed a galaxy ( I think this is false he destroyed planets) then it took him a while to do this. Superman on the other hand destroyed a solar system instantly! Galactus has many times showed a limited durability. For he is not more durable than a solar system or even a star.

In his battle with Tyrant Galactus did indeed destroy several Galaxies. no version of Superman is even close to Galactus, even a weakened one. The fanboyism here amazes me.

h1a8
In his battle with Tyrant Galactus did indeed destroy several Galaxies. no version of Superman is even close to Galactus, even a weakened one. The fanboyism here amazes me.

Galactus didn't destroy any Galaxy. Are you crazy. He also has limited (not infinite) durability. How can Galactus withstand a sneeze from superman (it wiped out a solar system lightyears away)

Darth_Erebus
Galactus didn't destroy any Galaxy. Are you crazy. He also has limited (not infinite) durability. How can Galactus withstand a sneeze from superman (it wiped out a solar system lightyears away)

This shows how limited your knowledge of Galactus is and since you believe PCS can actually harm him by sneezing there is no point in continuing this as you are completely beyond reason.

UniOmni
This shows how limited your knowledge of Galactus is and since you believe PCS can actually harm him by sneezing there is no point in continuing this as you are completely beyond reason.
Ayo Darth, don't worry about it!!
He's as singleminded and obstinant to facts and logic as Wolverine88888.
You could put Supe Prime up against the Phoenix Of The White Crown and he'd still say Prime wins. Lost cause.

And for the record, Any version of Supes would lose to Galactus. If logic and grounding was done by the writers. Otherwise, Supes pulls another power out his a$$, and people wonder why i don't like the old
Superman comics?? Boring!!!!!!!!!
Even Prime for the fanboys. Even though he was one seriously overpowered sonofabytch.

h1a8
Originally posted by UniOmni
Ayo Darth, don't worry about it!!
He's as singleminded and obstinant to facts and logic as Wolverine88888.
You could put Supe Prime up against the Phoenix Of The White Crown and he'd still say Prime wins. Lost cause.

And for the record, Any version of Supes would lose to Galactus. If logic and grounding was done by the writers. Otherwise, Supes pulls another power out his a$$, and people wonder why i don't like the old
Superman comics?? Boring!!!!!!!!!
Even Prime for the fanboys. Even though he was one seriously overpowered sonofabytch.

I think you and Darth are the fanboys. Do you know the things Superman has done? He has unlimited power. He could do anything the writers wanted him to. Can Galactus do anything? No!
There was no restrictions on superman. He can lift anything, destroy anything, be faster than anything, travel to anytime he wanted, able to withstand anything (except kryptonite). One has to defeat the sound logic "One who is without limit can defeat anyone who is with limit." in order to put up a good unbiased argument.

The Ion
We are talking about the best of pre-crisis Superman and not one of the weaker years.
Doesn't matter. Superman never matched up to Darkseid. DS ate PC Kryptonians and Daxamites for lunch.

the Darkone
To even think that pre-crisis superman has a chance against a cosmic deity you are a lost soul, really. PC Superman was afraid of Pre-Crisis Darkseid literally and he suppose to be on Galatus level, Galactus has unlimited power at his disposal, you say that since superman sneeze a galaxy away he's powerful enough to fight Galactus who I remind you that has destroyed the marvel universe in a alternate reality with his power killing ever abstract to the whole Celestials race to earth everybody die at his hands. Even the watcher uatu stated that Galactus can destroyed the universe 10x over with his own power, Pre-crisis Superman will be turn into his slave or vaporized him to cosmic ash. Galactus wouldn't even acknowledge him at all.

Marcus4600
Why is this even a discussion? You can give Superman power all day long, and he's not gonna beat Galactus. Galactus eats planets. EATS THEM! He's gonna flick Superman away with his fingers, then eat him. Case closed, miller time. Let's have a cold one.

h1a8
To even think that pre-crisis superman has a chance against a cosmic deity you are a lost soul, really. PC Superman was afraid of Pre-Crisis Darkseid literally and he suppose to be on Galatus level, Galactus has unlimited power at his disposal, you say that since superman sneeze a galaxy away he's powerful enough to fight Galactus who I remind you that has destroyed the marvel universe in a alternate reality with his power killing ever abstract to the whole Celestials race to earth everybody die at his hands. Even the watcher uatu stated that Galactus can destroyed the universe 10x over with his own power, Pre-crisis Superman will be turn into his slave or vaporized him to cosmic ash. Galactus wouldn't even acknowledge him at all.

Galactus has been killed. Thus he has a limit (he is not God without limit)
his power is incalculable by humans (marvel says this) but that doesn't mean he is infinity (incalculable doesn't equal infinite). Galactus can destroy solar systems by supernoving stars. As a matter of fact many worlds in the universe have the technology to supernova a star. Galactus can not destroy the universe under his own power by blasting it! He would simply use his technology or regular power (if it is great enough) to supernova each star. Thus the statement " Galactus can destroy the universe" has no meat to this argument. That statement simply deceives people into thinking " Man this guy can destroy the universe with a single blast". Please stop deceiving people and tell them the truth. Superman on the other hand as been shown to have no limits. He can lift anything, punch through anything, be faster than anything, withstand anything, etc.

If Superman loses then that means he couldn't withstand anything. This is a contradiction to his definition. Are you saying pre-Superman couldn't withstand anything (remember writers with the pen had the power for him to do anything)?

If Galactus can't lose then that means he can withstand anything. Is that true (Remember he has died before and also Thor himself tharwted him with the odin force)?

Thus by this simple logic Superman wins 10/10

But for all of you guys/girls who I love sincerely (I love this site) I will be very honest and admit to the truth of how I can see Galactus winning.

He can read Superman's mind to find out his weakness which is kryptonite and use the krytonite to defeat superman. That is if Galactus survives a point-blank solar system destroying sneeze or something worst. So whoever determines first the true power of the other will have the best chance of winning. Sob, Sob; "Darn that stinking kryptonite. Superman why did you have to lose? Maybe the writers can find a way for you to get around this somehow".

note: disregard "superman wins 10/10"

spideycarnage
galactus would make him a herald, and have supes bring him plants by the bunches.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by UniOmni

And for the record, Any version of Supes would lose to Galactus.

h1a8
"And for the record, Any version of Supes would lose to Galactus."

Originally posted by ExtraMision5555

Only if Galactus uses kryptonite!

h1a8
Originally posted by spideycarnage
galactus would make him a herald, and have supes bring him plants by the bunches.
Only if Galactus uses kryptonite to persuade him and superman doesn't sneeze on him by accident.

h1a8
Please read my semi long argument on page 7 before posting. This will give you great insight on the battle.

Darth_Erebus
This thread is completely stupid. The Superman fanboys never give up. No version of Superman would ever be more than an annoyance to a NORMAL powered Galactus.

ExtraMision5555
This thread is completely stupid. The Superman fanboys never give up. No version of Superman would ever be more than an annoyance to a NORMAL powered Galactus.

!!I am not directing this at anyone!, but what you said is one big thing i dislike about blank vs superman threads, but its partially the writers faults as superman is probably the most random superhero their is (but he is raw.)
but against galactus, its unreasonable to think superman would win
and to say he would just sneeze galactus away makes it seem liek galactus would just sit their as superman approaches, awaiting a sneeze

the Darkone
Galactus has been killed. Thus he has a limit (he is not God without limit)
his power is incalculable by humans (marvel says this) but that doesn't mean he is infinity (incalculable doesn't equal infinite). Galactus can destroy solar systems by supernoving stars. As a matter of fact many worlds in the universe have the technology to supernova a star. Galactus can not destroy the universe under his own power by blasting it! He would simply use his technology or regular power (if it is great enough) to supernova each star. Thus the statement " Galactus can destroy the universe" has no meat to this argument. That statement simply deceives people into thinking " Man this guy can destroy the universe with a single blast". Please stop deceiving people and tell them the truth. Superman on the other hand as been shown to have no limits. He can lift anything, punch through anything, be faster than anything, withstand anything, etc.

If Superman loses then that means he couldn't withstand anything. This is a contradiction to his definition. Are you saying pre-Superman couldn't withstand anything (remember writers with the pen had the power for him to do anything)?

If Galactus can't lose then that means he can withstand anything. Is that true (Remember he has died before and also Thor himself tharwted him with the odin force)?

Thus by this simple logic Superman wins 10/10

But for all of you guys/girls who I love sincerely (I love this site) I will be very honest and admit to the truth of how I can see Galactus winning.

He can read Superman's mind to find out his weakness which is Krypton and use the krytonite to defeat superman. That is if Galactus survives a point-blank solar system destroying sneeze or something worst. So whoever determines first the true power of the other will have the best chance of winning. Sob, Sob; "Darn that stinking Krypton. Superman why did you have to lose? Maybe the writers can find a way for you to get around this somehow".

note: disregard "superman wins 10/10"

Your logic is f**king stupid, PC Superman is afraid of Darkseid who is almost equal to Galactus in power. Galactus yes has died but also has comeback to life on his own power can superman do that hell no, Galactus has destroyed solar systems in battles, destroyed the whole universe, even eternity acknowledge how powerful Galactus is. Galactus will kill him without Kryptonite, Galactus has destroyed a planets with energy blast with little effort. Galactus will absorb of his solar energy out of him and leave him drifting in space lifeless.

Galactus 10/10

ZephroCarnelian
Pre-Crisis Superman would more than annoy Big G....

He might injure him....

But I doubt he could fully defeat him.

Superman has unlimited speed, strength and invulnerabiliy.

The problem is that he has a physical form which is prey to the laws of the universe.

Since Galactus possesses immense control over the physical world, I see the battle going as this:

-----------------------------------------------

Superman is transported into the Marvel universe by an unknown power and Reed Richards briefs him on Galactus' mission to eat the Earth. Reed needs Superman to delay Big G long enough for him to build a weapon to drive G off.

Superman comes flying in to the battle and demands Galactus to stop.

Galactus hits Supes with a bolt of cosmic energy which sends him flying through space.

"Great Stars! That energy hurts even a Superman like ME!"

Then Superman proceeds to rock Galactus with invisible planet-destroying punches at superspeeds of a billion times the speed of light.

At first Big G cannot understand what is happening, he is shocked that Superman has survived the bolt of energy and now his armour is buckling and he is being tossed about like a pea in a can.

Then he understands that Superman is moving at incredible speed, so he uses his cosmic power to amp his own perceptions up to hyperspeed levels.

When Supes comes charging in for another punch, Big G now sees him, scans his body for vulnerabilities and turns Superman's blood into Kryptonite.

Superman as a last ditch effort to survive, throws himself through the vibrational wall between universes and ends up back in the DC universe. The transition changes his blood back to normal and he heals instantly.

However, when he tries to fly back to the 616 uni, he finds the vibrational wall blocked off by super-sealing vibrations.

Using super-vision, he sees through into the marvel universe and sees that Reed has completed his weapon and drove G off.

-------------------------

That's how a comic with Pre-C Supes and Big G would go.

Superman would be shown immensely impressive and manages to hold his own for a while, until Big G's matter manipulation powers come into play.

But before Superman gets killed, he escapes and the day turns out okay anyway.

smile That's how I'd see it playing out.

h1a8
Your logic is f**king stupid, PC Superman is afraid of Darkseid who is almost equal to Galactus in power. Galactus yes has died but also has comeback to life on his own power can superman do that hell no, Galactus has destroyed solar systems in battles, destroyed the whole universe, even eternity acknowledge how powerful Galactus is. Galactus will kill him without Kryptonite, Galactus has destroyed a planets with energy blast with little effort. Galactus will absorb of his solar energy out of him and leave him drifting in space lifeless.

Galactus 10/10

The writers wrote that because Superman needed someone who is his match or better (Darkseid). The writers have full power. I garantee you that if the best of the pre-superman writers wrote the battle then superman will certainly win. Second, Galactus didn't comeback to life on his own power. He was ressurected by the children of R. Richards of the fantastic four. If Galactus could absorb the solar energy out of superman then why didn't he do that to any of his foes (like his rebellious heralds and other cosmic energy drawing characters). I never seen or heard of Galactus destroying a planet with a blast. Prove it. He destoyed solar systems by supernoving its star. Many in the marvel universe can do this (even R. Richards). In an argument one must refute the other's argument and then come up with an argument of their own (not just ignore what they have said). Otherwise, the debate is nonsense and will get nowhere. No one refuted my "How can Galactus withstand the infinite power that the writers can give superman?" I refuted (or tried at best) to refute your points. I didn't ignore anything you have said. I took all of your points into careful consideration. You are biased in your thinking and not objective. That is why you didn't refute any of my points. The writers will simply give superman enough power or new powers to defeat Galactus. And I assure that if superman ever fought Darkseid to the death then he will most certainly win. Because the writers says so! They will grant superman with the necessary ablility and defense to do this. Now refute that along with my above point.

juggernaut66666
How can you put super man against GALACTUS? ANYWAY GALACTUS CRUSHES HIM

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
How can you put super man against GALACTUS? ANYWAY GALACTUS CRUSHES HIM

Have you even looked at the thread title?

It's Pre-Crisis Superman...

That means he WILL be able to bring a fight to the table...

olympian
OT:

Hey anyone collects pre crisis comics? Id like to know more about Zha-Vam. Didnt he fought the 60`s Superman?

ZephroCarnelian
Zham-Va? Wouldn't know to be honest mate.

I have loads of Pre-Crisis Superman comics but they're all early 70's to early eighties. smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>