Spiderman movies suck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vladimir
I think that the best villian should be Venom. All spiderman movies are the gayest superhero movies i have ever seen. First Tobey, he is not going for the role as Pete. In the comics and the cartoon Pete was tall and totally different. They should have taken Jerry O'Connor for the spiderman's role, but Raimi sucked. When i was waitin for the first movie to come out, i thought its gonna be the coolest movie ever. After i saw i was really dissapointed. Almost cryed. WHY???? Why did they make such a stupid movie. They Killed spiderman's character. After i saw the second movie, it was better then the original, but it was still gay, all because of the Actors.The only way to make up is to put venom in the 3 movie. Then i will love it, cuz venom rox! I know u people loved the movie, but lets think clearly, it was stupid, its just that it was spiderman thats all. The best comic book movies for me are : Punisher the best action i loved it, Daredevil was better the spiderman x100, i think that people should have watched those movies not spiderman.

Endenkton
Venom wont be in any Spider-Man movies as long as Raimi is directing.So get over it big grin

Vladimir
Do u agree that Raimi wasnt suppose to direct spiderman movies?

Mane
No I don't. Pop your thumb out of your mouth and quit whining. People like you are reason enough for me to leave this forum; I'm sick of seeing people post about how they didn't like the movies.

Go make your own damn movie.

The Ones
i recently read that raimi is hearing fans pleas and putting venom in spidey 3 or 4

The Ones
by the way i loved the spidey movies

SpyCspider
and here we go again.......isnt' there a billion threads merged into one bout Spidey movies alreayd?

Mr Parker
WHY???? Why did they make such a stupid movie. They Killed spiderman's character. After i saw the second movie, it was better then the original, but it was still gay,

Well said.these movies totally butched his character to death.
The best comic book movies for me are : Punisher the best action i loved it, Daredevil was better the spiderman x100, i think that people should have watched those movies not spiderman.

Yeah you can say that again.THOSE comicbook films ARE 100x times better than these horrible films.great post Vladimir. rock thumb up

Rhino
i was so excited about the first movie, that i bought the book, read spoilers before the movie came out, and spoiled it for most of my friends lol...when i saw the movie it was ok, now when i watch the dvd, i can't, it's so damn terrible, they didnt kill spiderman's character, they're just no good acting, the 2nd movie was ok too, i like the action scenes, but thats about it...tobey still talks mostly in monotone, the only decent actor that can actually act is alfred molina aka ock, and jameson

FeceMan
Don't feed the troll, please.

Vladimir
THANX MAN!! U ARE ONE OF THE NORMAL PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND SPIDEMAN COMIC!

Vladimir
I REALLY HOPE THAT THEY WILL PUT VENOM IN THE 3RD MOVIE, CUZ HE IS THE BEST VALLIAN EVER. FOR VENOM'S ROLE I THINK THEY SHOULD TAKE VIN DIESEL, CUZ HE LOOKS LIKE EDDIE BROKE, AND I HOPE EVERYBODY AGREE WITH ME ON THIS, THIS WOULD BE THE BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIMES, BUT I THINK THAT RAIMI IS SCARED OF PUTTING VENOM IN THE MOVIE CUZ ITS TOO MUCH CHALLENGE FOR HIM!

Vladimir
BUT STILL SPIDERMAN IS THE WORST MOVIE YET! I WOULD GO WATCH SPIDERMAN 3 ONLY IF VENOM IS GONNA BE IN IT, BUT IF HE WONT THEY I WONT EVEN BOTHER WATCHIN IT. FOR NOW SPIDERMAN SUXASS. MY ADVICE PEOPLE, GO WATCH DAREDEVIL OR PUNISHER, THEY ARE MORE REALISTIC THEN THAT SHIT!

Gregory
... because everybody knows that all-caps make arguments more convincing ... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Paola
Vladimir: let go off the caps lock. it's annoying.

Imperial_Samura
I thought they were good as comic book adaptions, which are the operative words. I don't think you can decry the director for changes or how he did, he is working with a different medium here, and aiming the movies at a far larger and more varied audiance then just Spiderman comic fans. Likewise actors in real life are far different then those on the page, and I think that they caught the "essance" of spiderman well.

Rhino
I hate vin diesel! he probably does looks like eddie broke, but he doesnt look like eddie brock . i think a guy called something Everbeck was the original choice for eddie brock, i dunno wat he looks like but vin is not a good actor and does not look like brock, name the 5 movies that got awards, and that vin diesel was in.

Krexo
Bad acting? Ahh so you get millions of dollars for acting terribly? Now I get it...

Rhino
maybe the directors and producers had a fad about vin diesel

TheFilmProphet
I think Mr Parker is Vladimir shifty

Rhino
first mr parker doesnt like spiderman movies, now he wants them to be better by adding a new character into the ending of the trilogy? (i assume that the 3rd is the end)

Rhino
usually the end of a trilogy is a conclusion, and conclusions to not introduce new ideas, but the conclusion wraps up the main plot, dont get me wrong, i'd like to see brock in the 3rd movie, but i highly doubt that he has a role.

Vladimir
well i understand, but the best character in the Comics is venom, he is the best do u agree? So i think they should put him , it will be a perfect movie believe, but the sad part is that they wont, they should!!! I hope that raimi reads all the things that fans want, and he will do the right thing! But if he wont put venom in, i wont even go watch it! TRUST me it will be stupid!

Rhino
what if they made a movie spinoff...or something, like a venom movie? would u be happy??
that'll be cool if they did, maybe start off when peter steals his job as a photographer....as long as they dont screw a venom movie up

Vladimir
HMM THEIR OWN MOVIE. What would it be called? VENOM? What? really interesting , but i still think they should put venom in to spidey, imagene them on roof tops fighting. I would love to see daredevil and punisher in spiderman movies, jusl like a comeo, not like a character u know.

Vladimir
i love when i see characters from different movies teaming up! It makes the movie realistic!

TheFilmProphet
Still keeping to my theory. smokin'

SpyCspider
what? confused

Mr Parker
Ha ha.I cant get over the moronic comments being made that me and Vladimir are the same person.Although Vladimir YOU havent done much in the way of denying it which I do not understand.This wouldnt be the first time someone made that ignorant statement that someone else who hated the man-spider movies is me though.First Bakerboy is me,Then spider-venom is me since he hates them as well,NOW someone else who hates them -Vladimir is me as well. pathectic.I guess the truth that there are so many people out there who hate these god awful movies is too frightening for all you man-spider fans to believe so you want to think all these other posters coming on here who hates these movies are me as well.pitiful. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue stick out tongue

Mr Parker
they didnt kill spiderman's character,

thats the biggest lie of the century. roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
no matter how many times you use the word 'manspider', they'll still be spiderman movies... and good ones too...

bakerboy
Hahahha, good one , man spider fans. Always that someone critizes the man spider movies, you always says that are mr parker or me. I could post too that all the man spider fans are the same guy defending those crap movies, but is so ridiculous that i wont do it. Im agree with vladimir except in two things: venom isnt the best villain in the comics, green goblin, doctor otopus, lizard or mysterio or another classic villains are better than venom. and any spiderman movie sucks because they are only made man spider movies. for that, yes, MAN SPIDER MOVIES SUCK. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

pr1983
yeah, whatever

calling them manspider movies is retarded... its spiderman whether u like it or not, deal with it.

bakerboy
Not, man spider fan. Your mistake is to believe that those movies are about spiderman. Spiderman is a guy with web shooters, man spider is a freak with organics and that is what we have in the movie, man spider. But , as the other man spider fans, are so brainwashed by sony that cant take it.

pr1983
you argument is solely based on the fact he has organic rather than artificial webbing, that is so lame. ive been reading spidey comics since the 80s... nobody brainwashed me...

bakerboy
If you have read spiderman comics since the 80s you could distinguish a man spider from spiderman and a power ranger from a green goblin and you wouldnt never acept those stupid and unnecesary changes.

pr1983
ok, first of all, i hated the gg suit in the movie, i agree with you on that point, but for christs sake, there still webs, why does it really matter? if he used artificial means to climb walls and have amazing agility, then i'd call him a manspider, but he doesnt, hes true to the comics in all but the webbing, jeez, why is it such a huge deal? sure raimi got it slightly wrong, but he still made two pretty decent movies, and the best marvel movies to date imo...

Blind-Enemy
by this i can tell you only see the 90's cartoon and never read a comic
Peter Parker tall as a 6'2'' guy or something? ... in the official marvel encyplopedia Parker is 5'10''
and since when Jerry O'Connor has a better acting range???
Toby was a good choice , ok maybe he didnt nailed the character perfectly

since when's Vin Diesel a good actor???? ... better said : since when Vin Diesel can act??

by this post i can tell you never read Daredevil or Punisher , cause ( especially Punisher) were the worst comic book adaptations EVER

i consider Venom to be best spider-man villain from recent times , but call him the "best character in comics" ???

perfect movie????

i'd like to know what comics do you read my friend and since when you started reading them

Mr Parker
why is it such a huge deal? sure raimi got it slightly wrong, but he still made two pretty decent movies, and the best marvel movies to date imo...

Its a huge deal for the true spidey fans such as me bakerboy and spider-venom because we want to see his TRUE character on the screen,not this phony neatured version of sonys. roll eyes (sarcastic) and just because sony fools you into believing a spiderman movie has been made by putting the name spiderman up on the screen and having a guy dress in a spiderman outfit,that doesnt mean his true character was on the screen and a spiderman movie has been made yet. roll eyes (sarcastic) sure it SAID spider-man on the screen but the character was man-spider.Go on,let sony go on lying to you about that and swallow their garbage,your doing exactly what they want you to do.that was man-spider on the screen deal with it.and raimi made two movies that were dog doo. stick out tongue This thread is all yours Vladimir,Im done trying to reason with these man-spider fans who dont know the difference between spider-man and man-spider.their too far gone to be reasoned with at this point.

pr1983
your claiming i'm not a true fan?

you are overreacting and for you to come on and ***** and moan about him... sony did this, sony did that... grow the f*ck up... raimi made the movie, not sony... get over it...

Red Superfly
OK, this thread is so annoying: fact. Vin Deisel to play a part? Venom in Spidey 3? Punisher a BETTER movie? These are the ramblings of what I like to call fanboy-buffoonery. Vin Diesel is the choice of the uncultured IDIOT.

For such "true fans" to get on their high horses about how crap the Spider-Man movies are, and then suggest that having Venom in number 3 will somehow remedy that (non-existent) problem is beyond a joke.

Rambling on about "betraying" the character of Spider-Man? Oh and I suppose throwing Venom in number 3 won't betray his character either, right? Of course it will. Having ONE movie about Venom is retarded - and only serves to please the slobbering fanboys. Why? Because I've been through this a million times - Venom needs a long birth. Previous villains are created in an accident - Venom is nurtured over a long period to become a villain. If you were true Spidey fans you would realise that Venom is a stupid idea for Spidey 3. Have Eddie Brock and the Symbiote surely as the setup, but save the climax of the story for a later date and don't exhaust it early. So, seeing as there are only likely to be 3 films anyway, Venom looks even LESS likely. Besides, he's an alien - you'll all be crying anyway when Raimi changes that cartoony concept.

Venom = over-rated. "ooh he looks cool he is teh pwnage".

Venom is brilliant, he'd be good on-screen, but Venom needs a two-parter for the time he needs to come to fruition as a villain. The "ME WANTS TEH VENOM NOW HE IS TEH BEST!" Fanboys can go rot in their own sputum for all I care - THEY will end up ruining the character if they pressure Raimi into reluctantly using Venom as a quick-fix.
I cannot believe some people actually like The Punisher. The Punisher was the worst adaptation of a comic book character ever. Wolverine from the X-Men movies acted more like The Punisher than The Punisher.
These people have some monumentally stupid things floating in their heads. I could go on, and on, and on, but it's like talking to a brick wall.

Mr Parker
yep because a true fan would be pissed about that moronic change.and for your information,sony will not allow Raimi to make the movie the way he wants to make it because in the june 2002 issue of wizard magazine he said he would love to include gwen stacy in a sequel,well there has been no sign that gwen is ever going to be in a sequel.all signs point that sony will not allow Raimi to make the movie the way he wants to because just like stan lee -who was against the organic change,there are indications that even though Raimi says he liked the idea of organics,he really doesnt,that he was just going along with whatever sony wanted.they are the producers so he has to go along with whatever they tell him they want in the movie.

Lets see,Raimi says he wants to have Gwen stacy in a sequel,all indications show she will never be in one,doesnt take a genius to see that he cant make the movie the way he wants to make it and has to do whatever sony tells him to do,except for casting people and a few other things of course.Im reminded now why I seldom ever venture into the spiderman section anymore.Because anytime someone comes on here and bashs these films they are greeted with childish remarks such as -lets see you make a better movie like Vladimir was or stop bitching and moaning.yeah lets all just come here and agree that the movies were all great and dandy. roll eyes (sarcastic) Im done wasting my time with you.

pr1983
a true fan would be happy they made a decent movie and it didnt end up like punisher or dd

bullshit... if stan wasnt happy he could pull the plug, or at least tie it up in so much red tape it would never get released. if raimi wasnt happy he could walk out, come on. its not like sony had a gun to their heads. and does raimi like organics or doesnt he? you contradicted yourself there.

if u had a decent reason why you didnt like the movies other than 'organics', this would be a decent debate...

its a waste of time paying you any attention...

Mr Parker
then suggest that having Venom in number 3 will somehow remedy that (non-existent) problem is beyond a joke.

One of the rare times I actually agree with you Red Superfly.Yeah I agree with you on that point that Venom being in number 3 would hardly remedy the problem and be a quick fix to the movies.That would hardly solve the problem.I have to disagree with you on that one Vladimir.

Red Superfly
Well in that case I hope Raimi just makes The Lizard. It's a straight forward story - man injects himself with Lizard DNA (Thankyou Ang Lee and Hulk for making THAT idea now seem unoriginal - I mean WTF?) and turns into a Lizard under stress or whatever (sometimes I think Ang Lee was reading the wrong comic when re-imagined Hulk.......).

Then again, being bitten by a radioactive spider was somehow deemed to be "unnacceptable" so ya never know. Maybe The LIzard will be an elephant.........lol just taking the p*ss.

Mr Parker
Another rare occassion I agree with you. big grin Yeah I would prefer that just The Lizard is in the next film and no Goblin after seeing what they did to the goblin suit in the first film. sick yeah I notice how the lizard and the hulk are similiar and how they change into who they are because of getting stressed or angry.I would not be surprised in the next film if they have The lizard become bad because he gets manipulated by his tail.with sony anything is possible.

Red Superfly
Well I'm not too fussed about them changing it ever so slightly - but I seriously don't think they should try to

To be honest, I didn't like the idea of Dr. Octopus being a good guy to begin with - and then pulling a Darth Vader and turning good again. I would have really prefferred if he was an ass right from the start and then became respectful of Spider-Man - leading to his eventual good turn.

It's because if The Lizard is in the third, he'll be yet ANOTHER good guy bad guy good guy thing - where Pete has to reason with Conners and try to connect with the man inside the monster. Both Green Goblin and Doc Ock have already done that idea.

That's why I kinda wished Doc Ock was just like the comic, in that he was a commited, brash, quite greedy and nasty scientist who turned bad, used his mech arms for selfish reasons (without being "talked into it"wink and then fighting Spider-Man, respecting his skills, and eventually give up his evil ways. They should have really played up to Doc Ocks admiration for Spider-Man as a fighter. He hated the man, but he always respected him.

Now, it seems, The Lizard, in terms of character, has already been done. The whole "accident turns good guy bad" has been done twice. I think they should have thought it through a bit more and used Doc Ock as a "different" kind of enemy - in that he was corrupt from the start and only the love of science brought Parker and Octavious to a resolution.
However, Spidey 3 is the perfect opportunity to show have SPidey use his science as a means of saving the day. He has pretty much used his muscles all the time up till now - but I like the potential with The Lizard story: Pete needs to find a scientific solution to Conners condition, keep it all a secret, and eventually prove to his concerned mentor that he is indeed a brilliant scientist (having Conners become impressed with Spider-Mans science skills would show how far Pete has progressed)

Arachnoidfreak
That's a load of shit. Daredevil was a poor adaptation, but Punisher was dead on. Or didn't you read "Welcome Back Frank"? Scenes from the movie are taken directly from the comic, it's ****ing sweet.

Punisher wasn't based on the original Punisher story, it was based on Garth Ennis's "Welcome Back Frank" storyarc. They did a damn good job too.

Red Superfly
But it was rubbish.........

pr1983
it was ok, it could have been a lot better, and they stole that scene from mad max...

Ock
Doc Ock is the best thing about the two Spider-Man movies.He OWNS them both.

TheFilmProphet
Like many wise people have said in the past, "Don't feed the trolls"
Mr Parker, Baker boy, Vladimir

TheFilmProphet
Words spoken straight from my heart, brings tears to my eyes weep

Nice smokin'

Scarpa
No hes not.....and yes the spider man movies suck!!

Blind-Enemy
i did some searching and i have to agree with the Ennis part ; ok it had scenes taken directly from the comic but the acting in the movie was poor , regardless of how well done the action scenes were done ... i dont think the movie sucked but i think the supporting cast was awful , but my only complain about the Punisher was it wasnt based on the original story , but if you said they did a good job i'll have to take your word on this

bakerboy
I didnt know that post an opinion is being a troll.

Rhino
some of you guys are obsessed with spiderman, go outside and get a girlfriend or even a life.

Mr Parker
You need to look in the mirror when calling someone a troll.engaging in name calling just because someone criticises a movie you like would qualify as being a troll. roll eyes (sarcastic)

spider-venom
the man-spider movies were a joke, thats all there really is to say about them .....yet people still insist on defending it, why? because these people are judging it on what they shouldn't be...these people aren't really watching the movie and paying attention to it if they cant see the oh so many mistakes there are in the man-spider movies,but ok i can deal with that ....but what really baffles me the most is why you people are defending spider-man having organics?!?!?!?! spider-man having organics totally ruins his character along with the other mistakes. the only way organics could be justified is if the webs were coming out of his ass because thats were it would normally come out of....but no it comes out of his wrists which makes no sense at all...so he is man-spider.

and i cant believe that people just start jumping to conclusions if two people have the same feelings about this joke of a movie....did it ever occur that more than one person hates the man-spider movies....i could name five people i know of on this website and about 20 from other websites

Rhino
ur complaining won't do anything, the only people that are going to read it is the people that come to this forum.

Endenkton
The Man-Spider movies are lame.

But Doc Ock was cool wink

spider-venom
good special effects and alfred played it well,but the backround of ock being good then turning bad was pretty lame

TheFilmProphet
Well before you have a hissy fit Mr Parker perhaps you should do some research because I was only quoting the words that have been spoken of you and others several times and even in this very thread as seen below. So before you assume something look around first.

Ock
What Bull crap is this?

Otto Octavius was good in the comics too.He wasnt a criminal.He went crazy after his accident.Same with Norman Osborn.

Doctor Octopus-Science created him,evil corrupted him.

TheFilmProphet
I agree

spider-venom
ya he wasnt going out and killing people, but he was an angry man to begin with. and having the whole thing were his arms toalk him into robbing was really stupid

Ock
Ok did you notice at the demonstration when Spider-Man tried to pull the plug on the reactor Otto viciously swiped him away.That was kinda nasty wouldnt you say wink

And I loved the A.I. tentacles.Really creepy.And Otto didnt take much convincing to turn bad.He just needed a nudge which is what the tentacles gave him.

He loved being the villain."Butterfingers" big grin

TheFilmProphet
Well put cool

Mr Parker
Well he wasnt evil by any means but he was an unlikable guy in the beginning,he was an arrogant prick who gave you the impression that he was a madman and mentally unstable even though he is obvioulsy an intelligent guy.But the MOVIE showed NONE of that,just a super nice guy as Red Superfly pointed out.Same old mistake from the first film,Norman Osborn is a good guy in the beginning,but only becomes bad AFTER the accident.In the comics as I remember,he was very unlikable as Norman before the accident,he was corrupted and did not care if he hurt others,just as long as he was rich and powerful was all that mattered to him.He was selfish and greedy,none of which we saw in the movie.So like Red Superfly said so well in his post,kinda ruins it all for The Lizard in the next film since Doc Connors unlike Norman Osborn or Otto Octavious,WAS a good guy before becoming The Llizard.It will just be repeating itself now for the third time as he pointed out.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Ock
Ok did you notice at the demonstration when Spider-Man tried to pull the plug on the reactor Otto viciously swiped him away.That was kinda nasty wouldnt you say wink

Sure that was nasty of him to do that to him but it didnt by any means show that he was a jerk of a guy.Here he was getting ready to fulfill his dream of what he was working on,and the last thing he wanted was someone to stop him so just a mere slap at Peter as spiderman didnt do anything to indicate to the audience that he was a jerk before becoming DOC OCK.

bakerboy
Please, im sick of that bullshit. Please, man spider fans, read a comic before posting. Because in the comics, OTTO OCTAVIOUS WAS AN ARROGANT AND POMPOUS PRICK , AN UNLIKABLE AND MENTHALLY UNESTABLED GUY OBSESSED WITH HIS EXPERIMENTS. THAT IS IN AMAZING SPIDERMAN NUMBER 3, GO AND READ IT. not like in those man spider movies in what otto octavius is mr nice scientist before the accident and becoming a hero at the end, mr nice guy controlled by the evil tentacles( so, this is possible in a movie and not the web shooters, go to hell, Raimi and sony). And yes, as my friend mr parker has said very well, they did the same thing with norman osborn.

And for that guy who called us trolls, the only trolls here, sir, are the man spider fanatics who insulted us for post that we dont like those movies,so, stop that stupid troll stuff.

TheFilmProphet
So you call lying to the authorities about the serum and by doing so putting countless lives in danger and then testing it on himself and mistreating the assistant.........being a good guy and and not being selfish and greedy???

(All before the accident)

bakerboy
Only see the scene with norman , peter and harry. That is a nice guy, not the unselfish and arrogant guy from the comics. And those things that you have said doesnt proove that he was unselfish or unlikable, only obssesed with that experiment.

Rhino
i dont want to get involved but, for some one that doesnt like "man-spider" i dunno why u keep talking about it *cough* u kno who

Scarpa
It was so stupid how they tryed to make Doc Ock good and all. Doc Ock should be evil plain and simple.

Londonboy7
I uuselly just brouse but this cought my attention I think the movies were hollibible

Happy

Rhino
i learned something throughout all these years, i never got what i wanted, but i did find something called reality jeez
and hollibible...holy bible?

TheFilmProphet
That was only one scene that you mentioned wink

It does prove he was selfish, because he only cared about himself and his work, not the well being of his assistant or anyone else who might could have taken the dangerous serum.

spider-venom
he probably meant to say horrible,which they were

Mr Parker
You playing follow the leader though and calling people trolls because someone else called us trolls qualifys YOU as a troll,you cant get around that. roll eyes (sarcastic) you want to call someone a troll,then you should look no further than feceman.Vladimire merely stated an opinion and gets greeted as being a troll then you jump on the bandwagon and and do the same thing.duh. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr Parker
And for that guy who called us trolls, the only trolls here, sir, are the man spider fanatics who insulted us for post that we dont like those movies,so, stop that stupid troll stuff.

exactly thumb up stop it,enough with this stupid and childish troll crap!!! Im sick of it!!!!

Mr Parker
yeah exactly.all that proves is that he was obsessed with the experiment ,that hardly proves he was selfish and greedy.that scene more than anything makes you believe he is mr nice guy in the movie before the accident,none of what you mentioned makes you believe he is arrogant and selfish,geez.

Ock
His wife begged him to stop,Harry was screaming at him to stop,the room was being destroyed by the reactor and yet Otto was arrogant and selfish enough to keep it going.Now he may have been a nice friendly guy with a wife BUT he was also an arrogant and selfish man when it came to his goals.Isnt that what the seeds of Doc Ock are?

Didnt Otto say "The power of the sun in the palm of my hand". Classic mad scientist line right there.

See my above post.If you read ASM#3 when Doc Ock was first introduced you will see that Stan Lee gave Otto Octavius virtually no background.All we knew was that he was a scientist who was able to work with radiation safely thanks to his mechanical arms and then he had an accident and went crazy.The radiation gave him brain damage.

It was years later that future writers gave Otto a background before he became Ock.And yes he wasnt a nice guy.He wasnt happily married with a wife.

The movie gave him more dimension.They gave him some more reasons why he turned evil.He had lost everything.His company,his wife,his dream.All he had left was to rebuild his experiment by ANY means possible.And he did.He tore New York apart in his villainous quest.

He let nothing stand in his way.THATS Doc Ock for you wink

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

I was merely trying to show that replying to your insane comments on the Spider-Man movies was useless. So I quoted someone who said it too just not in that way.

Me a troll?? don't think so wink

When you feed trolls it gives them more energy and provokes them to keep manifesting. Remind you of anyone?

Paola
you can stay on your 'man-spider movie sucks' conversation.
they can stay on their troll conversation.

If they stop, so do you.

Blind-Enemy
i dont know why mr . parker and others complain about the man-spider movies ... is a hollywood movie, therefore sony werent doing a movie for the die hard fans , the made a movie for a more mainstream audience so they can make money ... and they did

i personally enjoyed the movie ... did it disapoint me , hell yeah!!! , but i try not be bothered by that wink

Paola
some people can't get over it

Red Superfly
Well, no matter what you all say, if The Lizard is going to be in the 3rd film, his story has been done twice before, that is all.

I honestly didn't mind Norman Osborn being likeable and nice before he turned bad in the first film, but like I said they really should have done Doc Ock a LITTLE differently.

Don't get me wrong, I think the change isn't that bad. As a standalone movie, it's fine, I quite like the idea. It's just that seeing as there may be a third film, likely to be the Lizard, it's gonna be the same story again almost.

What if it isn't The Lizard? Then it'll be Harry Osborn - STILL the same story, with the only difference being that Harry would willfully turn evil.

In terms of having a trilogy, it could have been more varied, especially since in the comics, Doc Ock and The Lizard are TOTALLY different characters.

If, for the sake of being varied, they have Conners as an arrogant ass before his accident (much like how they did in the poor CGI Spider-man cartoon) that would make asbolutely no sense because a) They switched Conners and Octavius characters for no reason at all and b) The Lizard is supposed to be a good friend trapped in a monsters body and c) Spidey 2 showed that he was a nice guy.

In hindsight, the changes made to Ocks character may have added to the film like you all say, but in actual fact, it has taken away from possible enemies in the future. That's all I meant. They didn't really shape the movie version of Ock with much forsight. If they had cared read the comics a bit more, they would realise that Ocks movie character was pretty much a copy of Curt Conners.
And I'll be angry if they make The Lizard/Conners into an ******* character for the sake of variety. I'd rather see no Lizard at all if they are gonna do that. Still enjoy the movies though.

Demogoblin
Yes I agree Venom does rock but he will not be in any of the up coming films due to the fact that there is to much story set up to bring him in. If you read the comics as you say you do you would know this. First Peter must go to BattleWorld to fight the Beyonder and bring the alien symbiote back to earth. Then he wears it for a while before finding out what it is and then he gets rid of it and it finds Eddie Brock and they form Venom. So you see Venom will never be in the movies. So stop crying and accept that fact, you WUSSY!! Also Sam Raimi has captured the true essence of the Spider-Man comics perfectly in his films so if you want to wax intellectual about it just you try! So in the words of Lobo, "Frag you FanBoy!"
Excelsior!!!

bakerboy
I repeat, those movies are about man spider and nothing to do with spider man. and trolls are the ones who insults another people only for post their opinions. And the other is garbage.

FeceMan
Silence, troll, for you know not of what you speak.

Mr Parker
As I just mentioned,the way feceman replied to Vladimirs post,that makes him a troll. roll eyes (sarcastic) insane comments? look no further than your absurd notion that Norman was selfish and greedy by the way he was obsessed with his experiment that THAT actually made him selfish and greedy,now THATS an insane comment if ther ever was one.or saying that these movies were spot on like the comics like you have before,now THAT would qualify as an insane comment. stick out tongue look no further than your posts if you want to find insane comments. big grin

if you ever read the comics,you would no for a fact these movies were not one bit at all spot on like you so think. roll eyes (sarcastic)

bakerboy
That faceman only knows how to insult. To reply him is a lost of time.

Paola
actually a 'troll' is someone that posts nonsense and pointless stuff over and over and over again smile

but this isn't about trolls, is about how much spidey's movie sucks so feel free to post so in here. Don't do it any other thread.

HarmonicFlo88
Tha movie could have been a lot lot better. tha actors could have been a lot better. also parker is not that whimpy in tha comics...maybe its tobey but in tha movies hes wayyy to much of a puss. spideys a genius nerd that makes really funny remarks while fighting his foes....i duno i just didn't get tha same feel as tha cartoon or comics.

As far as plot goes, tha movie played your emotions REALLY well. which is why i think many of you like it. heck i'm not brainwashed, i'm not even a die-hard spidey fan. but i'll admit that without tha greatness of tha story, it really did suck.

and another thing...if you wana talk about web shooters, than you must realize that its a Marvel movie trend. check X-Men, wolverine is 6 feet 2. WTF...hes supposed to be like 5'4''. there are countless other mistakes. if you ask me i think Bob Harras should go over tha script before production, seriously.

Mr Parker
yeah that one of the things that sucked so bad about these movies is spidey is always cracking wisejokes when he is fighting his enemys even when his life is in danger.He was practically quiet the whole time both times.stupid.Some people are just satisfied that a spiderman movie has been finally made that they really dont care how bad it really is,they will accept any kind of spiderman movie.the removal of the webshooters totally takes away the greatness of the story.Me myself,I have never liked the xmen comics so I really could care less how thye messed up those films.But some people here like that one person I was mentioning make such absurd statements when apologizing for the shortcomings and failures of these films like saying the movie was spot on.

Hell I liked daredevil 10X better than these movies because it stayed much more loyal to the source material,this one didnt even come close.But I will be the first to admit that even daredevil wasnt spot on which is why I dont consider it a magical movie like superman.At least when I watch the cartoons,it has a special effect on me like the comics did,just the opposite with superman.the superman cartoons do nothing for me,but the first two superman movies are magical movies,not so with these man-spider films.The cartoons are far more better than these horrible movies are.Even though they made a lot of stupid changes to it as well and I dont think it is a magical cartoon like the batman cartoons are since they at least stayed loyal to the batman comics,the spidey cartoons were a lot more faithful to the comic and character than these horrible films are.

Rhino
i dont think the spiderman movies are entirely bad, i like the action scenes in the spiderman movies. if they did use those artificial webshooters i think the spiderman movies would be different, (when i thought about it)

BlackC@t
Must people go whining about how much they hated the movies? roll eyes (sarcastic)
It gets so tiring when people be repetitive and cry over them.

I loved the first and second!

Daredevil sucked big time. Haven't seen The Punisher yet erm

BlackC@t
No it didn't, Elektra was killed by a completely different character then in the comics.

By the way, quit PMing Spidergrl, she doesn't like you wink

Paola
Elektra was killed by Bullseye, in both, comics and movie confused1

crazy
Ok first of all the Punisher rockd so whoever I saw insulting it in this thread must see it again, I know people who do and don't love comic book movies taht I never expected to like Punisher, but they loved it, and so did I.

Wow this manspider thing is out of control, I really did like the content of this movie and I agree with the writer of spideykicksbutt.com , you people are way to obsessed over a little fact, obviously it's a big fact to you but let it go, just cause some obsessed spiderman fan calls it man spider doesn't make the movie man spider, keep your egos in check, if Stan Lee is ok with it, so am I.

vaya_the_elf
The movie was not that bad. I found it entertaining. It's not like the spiderman in the comics, but i still like it. In fact I like both.

StrawNilla
I say that compared to the second, the first Spideman movie was pretty cheesy, however, with that being said, the sequel was incredible. The stunts were better, the graphics shamed it's prodecessor, basically Spidey 2 was well worth the good feedback it got from everyone I asked who had watched the movie in the first place.

vaya_the_elf
The first one was good I thought. Second was even better. Can't wait for the third.

Mr Parker
Thats just it though.All indications show that Stan Lee was NOT at all happy with the MAJOR change to organics.Over at the shh boards back in 2000 when they started preproduction on the movie,he was in a chat room conversation once there and when someone brought up the question of organics being in the movie,he responded by saying- Can we please talk about something else? Just ask a poster there named Dragon,he was the one I learned that from.In everything else he spoke of in the interview he seemed really joyful except on that subject.That hardly sounds like someone who has the ringing endorcement over organics.Plus anothe poster by the name of THE LIZARD there posted a link once showing an interview he had with some comic writers where he said he opposed the idea of organics.Sure he said he liked the movie afterwards when it came out but come on,of course he's going to say that because he's going to want to promote his most famous creation.Do you REALLY think he would bad mouth it and not want to promote it? get real.He also said in a comic magazine interview he was unhappy with the look of the goblin costume and when asked how much he has input into the making of marval comicbook films,he said very little at all.All signs point to him not being happy with organics. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
http://img64.exs.cx/img64/1363/manspiderfans9ts.gif

Oh, and roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just for sake of it.

DarkCrawler
Someone should count how many time Mr. Parker has whined about Spider---I mean MANSPIDER (and) MANSPIDER 2 film. I think the resule would be over a hundred times.

Mr. Parker, don't you think it is already the time to stop?

TheFilmProphet
True

laughing out loud

FeceMan
How do I display the quoted when I am quoting him or her? I am a bit miffed at this...

pr1983
to open...

to close...

without spaces...

spider-venom
no he shouldn't, he has every right to speak his mind, and hes right, the man-spider movie franchise should be put an end too, they destroyed the spider-man character by using organics and portrayed him as man-spider

Endenkton
Happy Dance

Mr Parker
yeah exactly.Well said. thumb up some people obviously dont know anything about logic or common sense here and just dont get it though. roll eyes (sarcastic) its time for them to wake up and smell the coffee that the only character they have seen on the screen is man-spider and accept it that sony buthered to death his character and stop trying to fool themselves that they didnt.No its you guys time to start calling it by what he is-a man-spider.anyboy with any logic or common sense would know thats what he is.some people are just too stubborn to accept that though.

If Stan lee the creater does not like the organics "and its obvious he does not",then it seems like you all should be pissed about it as well.are you going to argue with the creater who obviously DOESNT like the organics?

TheFilmProphet
You are ASSUMING he does not like organics. wink

pr1983
okay, first of all, if stan really didn't like the movie, he could have easily stopped it from being released. marvel had x-men and blade making money so they were financially secure, stan could have easily stopped spidey. maybe he didn't want to talk about organic webbing because it was such a non-issue to him, not a big deal to him at all, that it was just obsessive fanboyism to hate a movie because of one little oversight.

maybe when he said he liked the movies he was actually being honest...

and the goblin suit has sweet f*ck all to do with organic webbing, almost everyone hates the goblin suit. you can hate the goblin suit and still like the movie.

btw, a manspider is a mutated spiderman with six arms, i didn't see tobey with six arms, did anyone else???

BlackC@t
Oh yes, of course he does. But when he says it for the millionth time, it gets just a tad annoying erm

Mr Parker I can't believe what you're saying, you're implying, more or less, that we are all wrong and that your opinion is the only one that matters, am I right?

TheFilmProphet
Exactly

Blind-Enemy
that's not true ... Stan Lee doesnt have an opinion when it comes to the spider-man movies or any other marvel movies , all the rights belongs to marvel and sony so he wouldnt stopped it from being released erm

TheFilmProphet
Unfortunately true sad

kanis
alien That's a bit harsh saying spiderman sucks spiderman is a great superhero and the two films especially the second film has not done it justice at all

pr1983
he could have kicked up a storm and got the movie so caught up in red tape that it'd be postponed indefinately, which is the death knell for any movie.

Mr Parker
Exactly.Some people like pr13 just dont get it though that marvel sold thier movie rights to sony and Stan has no control over what these movie companys do in making these films.If he hates something about what they are doing in the movie,he cant do nothing about it,Like I said,in his OWN words he said he has very little input at all in what sony does with these movies.some people just dont want to believe that though.

Mr Parker
all the rights belongs to marvel and sony so he wouldnt stopped it from being released erm

actually that should say-ALL rights belong to sony and marvel cant stop it from being released. wink

Paola
with all the money he got for those rights, I'm sure he doesn't give a damn

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

bakerboy
Please , stop the lies. Stan hated the organics, but he had to promote those stupid movies. Have you ever seen an actor, a director or an actress talking bad about the movie that they are promoting?

pr1983
he didn't have to endorse the movie, it still would have made a bundle without his blessing.

if he was really against it he could have filed a lawsuit, which would get the release postponed, which would piss sony off big time, and really damaged the movie.

maybe he just didnt care one way or the other...

Blind-Enemy
postponed indefinately???

i dont think so ... Stan Lee isnt an authority in hollywood so woudlnt made a difference even if he wanted wink

pr1983
he doesn't have to be, you'd be surprised what a lawsuit can do...

Mr Parker
Possibly. but thats something that we can only speculate on.Will never know for sure on that one or not.

Blind-Enemy
the rights've belong to marvel since day one ... Stan Lee've never made a dime from anything marvel has done with any of the characters he has created

actually , Stan Lee did endorse the movie ... i've seen it on several especials , but talking about the character in the comics never the character from the movie

it'd make no sense

pr1983
i know he did, thats what i've been saying...

of course not, but it wouldn't stop him, spidey has his creation, if he was so against it he coulda done it...

Blind-Enemy
i understand what you're trying to say , but the sad sad truth is that Stan Lee doesnt have any rights over ANY of the characters he created , marvel does

pr1983
i know, i understand that, what i'm saying is nowadays anybody can sue over anything, and if stan really wanted to he could get major backing in a lawsuit.

people seem to be using stan as an excuse because they hate the movies...

TheFilmProphet
Bottom line is that if Stan Lee had a "PROBLEM" with the films he would have never decided to write "Spider-Man: The Official Movie Adaptation" when he clearly wouldn't have if he disliked the films.

Blind-Enemy
sony and marvel wont even ask him to do it

Mr Parker
I knew I would regret it if I read one of your posts again but I just could not help it.Mindless false ramblings as always.

TheFilmProphet
In your posts, yes. big grin

DarkCrawler
I have always imagined Stan Lee as an greedy old man. I mean, I would be if I was Stan Lee.

DarkCrawler
Im sorry, but wouldn't one thread be enough for his mind? WOULDN'T COUPLE SENTENCES BE ENOUGH FOR IT?

"I-dont-like-Spider-Man-movies."

"The-movies-are-dumb-because-of-the-organics."

"That-is-why-I-gave-the-movies-an-funny-name-like-Man-Spider."

"It's-like-Spider-Man."

"Only-that-"man"-is-before-"spider"."

"Sony-is-stupid."

"I-am-only-true-Spider-Man-fan."

"Other's-are-just-a-bunch-of-Man-Spider-lovers."

"I-am-right."

"Others-are-wrong."

Mr Parker
hey dont come to this thread if you cant stand criticism of your stupid manspider movies.your clearly delusional and seeing things that arent there because this IS the only thread thats in this section that Ive gone off on these movies except for that one thread that poster made recently talking how he thought the way the 2nd film ended was stupid and that was for anybody to post their thoughts on it.duh

also just to clarify what I meant in my last post about film prophets insane ramblings, is sure Stan wrote that,Im not saying THATS false in case anyone thought that,im just saying that is incredibly stupid to say that if Stan disliked the movies that he would not agree to pen that book.Hell I hate the films with a passion and even I would agree to pen it and write it.you all just dont get it and wont accept it though that stan hates the organics and refuse to see he is unhappy with the films as usual though.so again film prophet you are making insane comments as always.

Just like Stan,I would want to promote my most famous creation and see it do well at the box office even if I had no control over what they did to it because its the only spiderman movie there is out there. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
See? Thats what I mean. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarkCrawler
"They think that I am crazy...but I am the only one that is NOT crazy! They...they...I'll show them! They don't believe me...I'll make them believe me! DEATH TO MANSPIDER!"

Have you ever thought that it may be YOU who is wrong?

Rhino
Hey you guys gotta face it, Spider-man's changed, you gotta live it with it...

Mr Parker
Have you ever thought that it may be YOU who is wrong?

obviously YOU havent as well as some others here havent. roll eyes (sarcastic) sure I have but I know Im not.

as I pointed out,your delusional and seeing things that arent there by saying I have posted in other threads in this section bashing these movies when I have not,funny how you avoided that. so thanks for proving how you know nothing whatsoever what your talking about and how i should not waste anymore of my time with you as well. big grin stick out tongue stick out tongue

Rhino
ok spiderman movies suck...the idea that he loses his powers and gives up being spiderman is a sucky idea

TheFilmProphet
1. Just because you hate the films, it doesn't mean you have to try and put YOUR OWN thoughts and words into Stan Lee and make it seem like he feels the EXACT same way you do when you don't even have any proof of it.

2. I still believe he would have not written the comic had he felt any strong dislike for the film. If he were to write it just because he wanted to "see it do well" and "promote his famous creation" then he would have written ALL the other comics for the other films like the Hulk, Daredevil, X-Men, but he didn't so clearly he must have liked the Spider-Man film in some way shape or form for him to only pick that film out of the bunch.

amity75
I went to the cinema to see spider-man 2 and it totally blew me away. I got it the other day on DVD and I struggled to watch all of it and found myself skipping to the action scenes. It's lost a lot on the small screen. The most amazing scene in the theatre was when spidey and doc ock were falling off the building and the only sound you heard was the wind rushing and the punches connecting. It was very ordinary on a 27" tv screen.

TheFilmProphet
I agre, thats why I try to concentrate and enjoy myself as much as humanly possible whenever I see ANY good film in theatres.

spider-venom
man-spider movies suck. Theres nothing else to say, thats just how it is.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>