The Chariot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mane
Former frontman for the successful hardcore band Norma Jean announced at the Furnace Fest 2002 that he was leaving the band at the peak of their success to form the band The Chariot.

The Chariot AKA The Cha Cha Cha Riot, has one of the most unrelentingly raw sound of any hardcore band I've heard in a while. Their album, Everything is Alive, Everything is Breathing, Nothing is Dead, and Nothing is Bleeding, was recorded in a studio live on a reel-to-reel recorder and using no computer editing whatsoever. They believe that this form of recording shows their raw talent and is a tribute to the forefathers of rock and roll.

I'd say for what it is, this album is a masterpiece. The lyrics are very deep, poetic, and allegorical. Many say that this record is a hit-or-miss and/or acquired taste. I suggest this album for any Norma Jean or hardcore fan.

moshtitan
hell ya... I downloaded the shit out of The Chariot as soon as that stuff was out. i liked a quite a bit. theyre no Norma Jean(not that they were trying to be). the only complaint i have is is that some of theyre songs are very repetitive, but its definitley worth a listen.

Mane
Yeah I agree. Norma Jean is lightyears ahead of The Chariot, but The Chariot accomplished what they set out to do very well.

moshtitan
indeed they did. good taste in music btw.

Mane
You too. thumb up

moshtitan
but i hate you...you and your unreasonably cool sig. that owns mine and is not fair why you have it and i dont. *cries*

Mane
laughing out loud Your sig is awesome.

moshtitan
its allright...but now you have a norma jean sig. mine just doesnt measure up. *cries harder*

Sickened.
The Chariot is the evilest Christian band ever. I love.

MornGlory
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/mc101.gif

Mane
I uploaded an mp3 for people to sample. http://www.geocities.com/austinzilla/TheChariot.mp3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.